PDA

View Full Version : Which Turtle would you like to see have their own animated TV show?

TurtleWA
07-31-2017, 10:20 PM
Characters get their own show all the time. Some examples that come to mind are Angel after Buffy, Frasier after Cheers, Cleveland after Family Guy.

Now the TMNT show would not have to have the same feel or look of any previous shows. It would basically be one turtle rather than all four. The other three would still exist just not be heavily featured in the show and only have an occasional appearance and reference as needed.

I vote Raph thinking Casey could be in several episodes. I'm sure good writing could make the concept work for any of the four. But Raph makes for more of a carry your own show type of guy. imho

Sabacooza
07-31-2017, 10:38 PM
Characters get their own show all the time. Some examples that come to mind are Angel after Buffy, Frasier after Cheers, Cleveland after Family Guy.

Now the TMNT show would not have to have the same feel or look of any previous shows. It would basically be one turtle rather than all four. The other three would still exist just not be heavily featured in the show and only have an occasional appearance and reference as needed.

I vote Raph thinking Casey could be in several episodes. I'm sure good writing could make the concept work for any of the four. But Raph makes for more of a carry your own show type of guy. imho Amen to that. After having seen the Nick show, I'd definitely like to see a much better take on the character and his own TV show but only a mini series. I don't think an entire 26 episode show is necessary. Maybe a milder version of Bodycount or something better.

snake
07-31-2017, 10:41 PM
None. It wouldn't work outside of a comic miniseries.

Now, a Casey Jones or Foot Clan show I can get behind.

Ninjinister
07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
Venus de Milo

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
DONATELLO IN SPAAAACE! With Leatherhead and Utrom friends. So kind of like an inbetween of Andrew's "Origins" and his mucking around in Tales of the TMNT, but you know...with the Utroms not basically all being the same character repeated five times.

DestronMirage22
07-31-2017, 10:57 PM
DONATELLO IN SPAAAACE! With Leatherhead and Utrom friends. So kind of like an inbetween of Andrew's "Origins" and his mucking around in Tales of the TMNT, but you know...with the Utroms not basically all being the same character repeated five times.

That sounds like something I could get behind. Through in Renet and some interdimensional travel and you have yourself a show to remember! :D

GoldMutant
07-31-2017, 10:59 PM
None. It wouldn't work outside of a comic miniseries.

Now, a Casey Jones or Foot Clan show I can get behind.

Sign me up for a Casey Jones Netflix series and maybe a four episode Foot Clan miniseries.

I can't really choose one of them. All four Turtes could do it for a few episodes, but as a solo series lasting several seasons... it honestly depends on your plan.

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 11:03 PM
That sounds like something I could get behind. Throw in Renet and some interdimensional travel and you have yourself a show to remember! :D

I think that might cut too close to Doctor Who, but eh...the premise of Space Donatello is kind of Star Trek-y too. But I think Don would be more at home in a Star Trek environment than Doctor Who.

TurtleWA
07-31-2017, 11:07 PM

Donnie is my favorite and I do like me some Leatherhead. I'm sold! :tsmile:

Utrommaniac
07-31-2017, 11:33 PM
I'm just...already fluttering up ideas...

Of course Glurin is there
And Dr. Xeinos, who happens to be Glurin's mother and Leatherhead's "primary" caregiver...so I guess that makes Glurin and Leatherheadd adoptive brothers?
References to Prof. Obligado, who might pop in now and again; Xeinos's father
Seriously, I wouldn't shrug off Glurin being Obligado's grandson. Crazy feats (raising a f*cking alligator when you're the size of a roast chicken, creating an interdimensional portal, sittting at the edge of a black hole to regain lost memories) just run in the family
Honeycutt is part of the group of course
Vaschin, Dooric, Bergla, Talgin, Takis, and Yrga from the J'Gel story among others...even though all of them die in that story. Might have to make most of them female...(and yeaaaaah, they were right to wipe out the J'Gel before they could start traversing the universe and devouring everything they found...but wrong to not include them in history)
Expanding on some of the Donatello in Space stories
Expanding on the societies of Utroms, Triceratons, Styrachodons, and so forth; learning about them through Donatello.
Of course the Obscura and Illuminated are involved in some way
Donatello still has chats with his family now and again. Mostly Michelangelo because he's easier to get a hold of.

IndigoErth
08-01-2017, 12:27 AM
That's hard to want to split them up. But if it had to be, well I gotta be loyal to my boy here, esp as he may not get too many suggestions... So lets say a Leo and Usagi spinoff as an inter-dimensional jumping warrior team out to save/assist the many different dimensions of Earth when duty calls.

Of course my first thought was an older Leo, post outing to the public, is a teacher at a local dojo, a family man with a wife and adopted child, embraced by the local community and thus feels all the more responsibility to get involved when things go wrong in NYC. 'Course, maybe the other idea could start out that way and give him something to feel guilty and conflicted about when he has to run off and save the world. :tlol: Maybe it can be a tiny bit like that old show Quantum Leap, minus inhabiting someone else's body, and he can't stop it. Wife can be all like, "At least try to save the world before five and be back here by dinner?? Last time it was after midnight and I had to tell [child's name] you wouldn't be able to read his/her bedtime story." :P:lol:

MsMarvelDuckie
08-01-2017, 02:53 PM
I like the Donatello idea! But as long as we're dreaming here, I would like to see Mikey get his iwn show. Maybe something like Frasier was, where he's some sort of radio or TV personality and gets up to all sorts of trouble in between. I could see him trying to balance home/family life with being a celeb of sorts. Could be fun.

plastroncafe
08-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Michaelangelo.
It can be a mix of comic book, cartoon, and adventure styles depending on the story he's telling.

neatoman
08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Uh, if we want to figure out tone and content, I guess the best place to start is the micro-issues? Pretty much the best place to start when it comes to standalone character stuff.

Leonardo, both Mirage and IDW went with a ninja battle approach, I imagine that building on that would result in a martial arts type story.

Raphael, both Mirage and IDW went with him and Casey doing doing vigilante stuff. Less about Raph and more about his relationship with Casey, buddy cop sort of thing.

Michelangelo, Mirage did a "Do it for the kids!" type story and IDW went with a sort of spy/heist story. Lighthearted adventures.

Donatello, Mirage did a Kirby homage and IDW a science fair. High concept Sci-fi.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Why not have a series with one ordinary season where the turtles fight Purple Dragons, Foot, Baxter Stockman, Krang-Kraang, save Splinter, meet April and Irma, go to Northampton, Massachusetts and team up with Utroms and all that we already know.

Then the turtles go separate ways and each season between 2-5 is about different turtles (Leonardo in Japan practicing ninjutsu and Japanese martial arts, Raphael with Casey Jones in New York City, Donatello to space adventures, no idea with Mihcelangelo)

Then comes season 6 where the turtles reunite for final confrontations with Shredder and Krang-Kraang.

snake
08-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Why not have a series with one ordinary season where the turtles fight Purple Dragons, Foot, Baxter Stockman, Krang-Kraang, save Splinter, meet April and Irma, go to Northampton, Massachusetts and team up with Utroms and all that we already know.

How about a series where they do none of that because we've seen it all before?

TurtleWA
08-01-2017, 06:16 PM

Then the turtles go separate ways and each season between 2-5 is about different turtles (Leonardo in Japan practicing ninjutsu and Japanese martial arts, Raphael with Casey Jones in New York City, Donatello to space adventures, no idea with Mihcelangelo)

Then comes season 6 where the turtles reunite for final confrontations with Shredder and Krang-Kraang.

I like the idea of the first episode having all four together but some disaster results in separation. Don in space, Leo in Japan, Raph NYC, Mikey idk maybe Europe, South America or perhaps another dimension.

Then each episode after the first could focus on one specific Turtle having their own unique adventure. But with a small underlining subplot of trying to reconnect with the other three. So we only see all four together in the first episode and the last episode of the series.

IndigoErth
08-01-2017, 08:56 PM
no idea with Mihcelangelo
A summer he spent in California, working (in disguise) as a surf shop and fighting new west coast baddies on his days off.

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Michelangelo in California and not getting involved with Sea Turtle rescue???

IndigoErth
08-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Alright, fair point, he's also volunteering with an organization that does that. :tcool:

MsMarvelDuckie
08-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Michelangelo on a beach rescueing sea turtles would work better in Florida. And that would allow him to encounter Leatherhead or the Frogs as part of his adventures. Maybe he could be helping refugees too.

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 05:20 PM
That would actually be a really cool Michelangelo story as a whole :D . And very much a Michelangelo thing too.

08-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Leatherhead or the Frogs.

Depends on if the TMNT version uses a Florida-based Leatherhead.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Well to be fair, I was thinking Leatherhead could have simply moved there for the climate. Florida is more comfortable and healthy for a large cold-bloided reptile than New York. Sometimes I wonder how the turtles even survive there, especially living in dark cold sewers.

pferreira
08-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Krang and Shredder - The Early Years

The Many Misadventures of Bebop and Rocksteady

One Flew Over Pete's Nest

The Technodrome Chronicles

The Dimension X Story (whoops, already taken)

The Fumigation of the Rat King

Donnie
08-03-2017, 11:29 PM
I think that might cut too close to Doctor Who, but eh...the premise of Space Donatello is kind of Star Trek-y too. But I think Don would be more at home in a Star Trek environment than Doctor Who.

I love Donatello and I love Star Trek. I'm sold.

victory_angel
08-04-2017, 02:59 AM
I can't think of one turtle having his own spin-off show. I mean if we would have to go with our favorite Turtle which would be our bias for.

I mean I could certainly go for a Nick Verse, Spin-Off where Donnie finds Dr. Honeycutt is still alive and resurrects him. And then later journey's off into space with Honeycutt as his Mentor and April. Afterall Donnie doesn't have many people he is on equal footing with academically and April being part Kraang also would also be a danger to the world. Even though the kraang are no longer a threat there are still other beings who would like to possess her power or force her to be a living weapon of some sort. And Chompy is not a threat now, but Honeycutt would convince Raph that part of their journey would return Chompy to Tokka so that he wouldn't be a threat to the people on Earth later.

The other Turtles would appear on video feed conferences. Flash backs to the six months they were in space And occasionally we will have episodes that focus on the Turtles at home. Raph would call saying he wants to check up on Chompy, but it's fairly obvious he would miss the other members of his family.

But largely a lot of the events would involve Donnie and April fighting as just themselves and maybe any allies they meet.

The one problem I see with this is that Donnie will become homesick for his brothers. The other turtles also will struggle without him, so I don't see this series lasting very long unless they had another reason to put all four Turtles and Casey in space once again.

A 2k3 Spin off could center on the events leading up to same as it never was. I do have a theory connecting the three Shredder war as the starting point to SaiNW on the 4kids thread.

In brief, the Cyber Shredder gets together with Utrom Shredder and Tengu Shredder to help him defeat the Turtles. They set up a trap with Khan at the head of it. When the trap goes off Donnie is the only one of the Turtles who doesn't make it out. However, his body was never found by the Foot Clan or the Turtles and their allies. So while there is no sign he's alive, there is no real proof he's dead either.

The Turtles lay low so they could deal with their grief and wait out the fight between the three Shredders now that the Turtles aren't a threat. When Utrom Shredder comes out as a victor, he learns the Turtles are still alive. During their first battle following the three Shredder war, Utrom Shredder says he assumes that Donatello is in hiding with their rat father. Mikey then angerly barks that Donnie abandoned them years ago.

Sometime after this encounter, the Turtles are attacked in their home and Splinter sacrifices himself so they can escape. This is the tipping point for Raph and Leo, the two get into blows Raph loses his left eye, Leo becomes blinded by Raph's sai, and Mikey loses his left arm to Mikey's katana when he tries to step between them resulting in the three of them going their separate ways.

I think the best way to do a single Turtle spin off would be when the Turtles are older maybe 20's or 40's and have gone their separate ways. And then have story lines that center on one turtle individually as they train their own group of Ninja's and occasionally bring the four groups together once more. Particularly when the situation is really intense.

I also don't think the groups of students should follow the same personality of the Turtles as a group in which each group has a leader, an intellectual, a rebel, and a wild card.

Nor should each group have a group of students who are similar to their teacher. Such as Mikey leading a group of wild cards, Leonard teaching a group of dedicated students.

Those groupings are fine, but in that shouldn't be the same thing for every group.

So let's say Mikey's group is similar to the "Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles" Short. After all, Mikey strongly ties the dynamic of his family so he would want to have his Students be similar to his brothers and himself.

So he would have a dedicated warrior, A Brawler who can lead, a gentle genius, and a wild card to mix things up.

Raph I can see teaching a group of brawlers, not completely hot-headed students like he had been in the past. But certainly, people who talk with their muscles and ask questions never.

Leo I can see teaching a group of students and allowing them to be individuals who form the team rather then forcing them into a mold.

So maybe a pacifist who would rather create art instead of fight, a spiritualist who is able to commune with himself and the world around them. a noble warrior who can see the balance between good and evil but doesn't limit everything in the world to such black and white terms and a dark soul that hides a good heart.

And Donnie is just by himself without any students.

newfan
08-06-2017, 11:22 AM
A spinoff would probably involve a character who isn't a turtle, a less major character I mean. As Nick owns it I guess no-one but them could do a spin off?

08-06-2017, 04:38 PM
I love Donatello and I love Star Trek. I'm sold.

The 1987-1996 series is almost "Star Trek on Earth", with some space adventures, and the turtles mostly rely on Donatello for stuff like sending the Technodrome to Dimension X.

leader in blue
08-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I would like to see a series during the time Leo was training with the ancient one from the 03 series or during his training mission in central America from the 07 movie