PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Enter The Foot
08-01-2017, 02:24 PM
I feel as if few more episodes (1-2) more have had a fight with the Shredder. It may just be me being a Utrom Shredder mark. But, I would of personally loved to see the Turtles just fight him as Sakki.

CyberCubed
08-01-2017, 03:59 PM
You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Qyn_C5A5NW8

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.

ABrown
08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
You know, for whatever it's worth, I do think that the turtles battle in Exodus: Part 1 (where they fought him as Saki) probably was my favorite Shredder battle in the entire series.

sdp
08-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Holy crap, these are awesome, I had only seen one or two short clips, I didn't know there were more and longer scenes in the video games. These really ought to be archived somehow.

They're essentially deleted scenes with the original VAs and animation. Is there at least a fan compilation of all of them?

You mean fighting him as Oroku Saki without his armor? That would have been cool.

There's a scene in the first 2k3 videogame from 2003 where the Turtles fight him as Oroku Saki without his armor:

Qyn_C5A5NW8

Skip a bit ahead in the video after he's defeated and we get a new animated cutscene showing the Turtles fight Oroku Saki and defeat him.

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 12:30 PM
I've seen a few more of them. Including the ones with Slashuur. Who seemed like he could have been pretty cool.

CyberCubed
08-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Guys, literally all you have to do is watch the cutscenes for the first two games on youtube, it's not that hard. People have compiled them there or in their playthroughs.

The first two games had new 2D animated cutscenes, the third game just went with all CG cutscenes.

sdp
08-02-2017, 01:08 PM
I don't want to watch play throughs or be forwarding through them to watch the cutscenes.

Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 01:14 PM
It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.

CyberCubed
08-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Are all the cutscenes original or do they actually take some from the show?

They loosely follow the Seasons 1 and 2 story that the games were based on, but they have unique takes like the clip above that never happened in the show.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.

Utrommaniac
08-02-2017, 03:34 PM
I've mostly seen the one with the phone call on Tumblr, but not really on Youtube.

Now, this begs the question in the context of that universe...is it the performer's in the armor...or the Utrom performer's?

The-Shredder
08-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Does anyone have the third video game's bonus cutscenes, where it's just skits of the turtles doing stupid stuff? E.g., Splinter using the Force to stop Nano, Shredder's mom calling him in the middle of a battle, Casey Jones singing... I thought that all was hilarious.

If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.

playlist?list=PL-3OBed9J3FVYb_qrpqBbvnvtPQ9I9XzK

There is also a video with all the clips from Mutant Nightmare. The CGI ones start at 19:20.

7pxvDkD-PjM

TheSkeletonMan939
08-03-2017, 11:34 AM
If I recall correctly, those clips also aired during commercial breaks on the FoxBox. Here's a playlist with some of them. I couldn't find the one with Splinter.

That's it - thanks for finding those. They're so stupidly funny... especially anything with Casey. :lol:

BubblyShell22
09-03-2017, 07:32 PM
I definitely liked the one with Shredder calling his mom and Hun tripping over something when trying to attack Leo.

Prowler
09-06-2017, 10:39 PM
It's a mix, from what I remember. There are some scenes that are from the show, and others that aren't. It goes up until they sink Shredder's ship, and there's an extra scene with Slashuur with the turtles.
Yep, on BattleNexus 2 there were both cartoon clips and game made cutscenes. I actually played BN before watching the entire 2nd season, so I was disappointed when Slashuur turned out to be a video game character only.

That being said, BattleNexus 2 was a crappy game.