PDA

View Full Version : Ok k.o.

Cure
08-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Has anyone checked this out? It's a new show on Cartoon Network. I didn't have much faith in it because CN's last new shows (Mighty Magiswords, Ben 10) are garbage, but this one is cute and charming. It's in the same vein as We Bare Bears and Steven Universe, which are shows that are more about charm than outright whackiness and zaniness. So anyone see it?

Edit: Uh, I guess I can't capitalize every letter in a thread title. That's dumb.

Allio
08-03-2017, 05:32 PM
eh, I don't like it.

Utrommaniac
08-03-2017, 05:55 PM
The guy who made it is Rebecca Sugar's boyfriend and already has a bunch of CN shows under his belt. I don't think it's "there" yet, but feels like it will be eventually. In the same way it took Steven Universe a while, but even that was more engaging.

The villain, however...was at least a little fun. Mr. "I Hate Friendship" yet seems to have at least a little affection for some of his "kids". At this point, I expect him to be overshadowed by an even greater evil and maybe just get pushed into Weird Uncle Corner, in the same way as Ice King did. Or even Peridot to some extent, though she's more of an Annoying Cousin.

DestronMirage22
08-04-2017, 01:23 AM
I've been meaning to check it out, but I haven't had the time.
I will say this though: I really like the art style. Interesting character designs, and it all just has this loose and fun feel to it that I admire.

PApagreg
08-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Its pretty good but I find it ironic that a character based on kid goku wants to be a hero versus the actual Goku who mostly wanted to fight strong opponents and protect innocent people here and there. Hell Gon from Hunter X Hunter was a Goku expy himself and he is pretty amoral himself