PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Dimension X #2 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
08-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Preview here (https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/08/06/preview-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dimension-x-2/#jp-carousel-379974).

ProphetofGanja
08-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Damn, how is Anemon not blind after that?

MikeandRaph87
08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
The small text makes it diffult to know what is going on. I did like how Leonardo felt responsibility to stop any world conquering megalomaniac and Raphael is not so sure.

The scene with Krang five years in the past is harder to figure out with blurry dialogue. It is clear Krang is vaporizing aliens, but not explained what he is up to.

ProphetofGanja
08-06-2017, 09:57 AM
The small text makes it diffult to know what is going on. I did like how Leonardo felt responsibility to stop any world conquering megalomaniac and Raphael is not so sure.

The scene with Krang five years in the past is harder to figure out with blurry dialogue. It is clear Krang is vaporizing aliens, but not explained what he is up to.

Right click the pictures and select 'view image' and you will see a larger version

***First of Two Latin Kings***
08-06-2017, 10:17 AM
So there is no BellyBomb, only a character very loosely based on him. Willing to bet he has a third eye, or like Samson, will be formidable despite his blindness.

funatic
08-06-2017, 10:36 AM
So there is no BellyBomb, only a character very loosely based on him. Willing to bet he has a third eye, or like Samson, will be formidable despite his blindness.

You can see his third eye on the cover.

neatoman
08-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Argonians?
https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/6/62/Argonian_with_sword.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111005141908

Utrommaniac
08-06-2017, 12:37 PM
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/pcj3MhAGT3Z3o2PjpNAItPhj9Q8/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/12/09/889/n/1922283/1472876d8a8412ba_tumblr_n8xg0og1E81rflk6co1_500/i/When-We-Hear-Realness.gif

And Krang named his pet FLIPPY :lol: ??? His very own Sarlaacc..

Interesting that the flashback makes it clear that Krang wasn't staying cooped up on Burnow except for military procedures.

You can actually see it at full size
http://i.imgur.com/6GHcKFY.png?1

Ninjinister
08-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Damn, how is Anemon not blind after that?

I'm pretty sure he is.

CyberCubed
08-06-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm glad the art changes per each issue, I thought they were all going to be drawn by the guy who drew the first one.

Utrommaniac
08-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Well...I was expecting an encounter with Flippy, but oh well.
Nice that we got a Joe Eyeball-type character, though it was a huge surprise.
But an adorable one. Between B'een and Eymo, Dimension X seems to really be racking up on the cute :lol: .

And what better combo for a character named Anemon to have a seeing-eye companion that looks like a clownfish?

I was not expecting to say "aww" so much for this issue.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Was an ok issue. This new character is fun, but I'm not so sure how much we'll be seeing of him so there's not much to say.

neatoman
08-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Sooooooo... Is Anemon an intentional mashup of Bellybomb and Muckman or is it just a coinkydink? Regardless of which, I hope the similar concept keeps Muckman out of this.

myconius
08-09-2017, 03:58 PM
i really enjoyed the art in this issue as well as they previous one. :)

this mini-series is shaping up to be very enjoyable!

was very surprised at the twist in the actual relationship between Anemon and Eymo.

was very cute to see little Eymo come to the rescue. :D

it was also pretty cool Leo's plan of them switching Bandanas during the fight.

really was a LOT of fun!!! :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Pretty okay issue. Not as great as I was hoping.

Needed more Hakkr and giant anglerfish. :tsmile:

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 04:42 PM
I think this series is purposely written a bit inconsequential for the people who only follow the ongoing and don't want to buy 5 more comics a month. Issue #74 is probably going to start with a brief recap saying, "Well the Turtles successfully recruited 5 or so aliens to testify at Krang's trial" and leave it at that.

I generally just like this series so far for the art and the alien worlds and landscapes. Seeing the IDW Turtles in space finally is a nice change of pace.

neatoman
08-09-2017, 04:50 PM
I think this series is purposely written a bit inconsequential

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/you-dont-say.jpg?quality=88&w=600&h=350

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 04:56 PM
BTW, what movie is that Nicolas Cage image from? I've been meaning to watch it for years but I don't know the name.

neatoman
08-09-2017, 05:00 PM
BTW, what movie is that Nicolas Cage image from? I've been meaning to watch it for years but I don't know the name.

It's the one where he yells "I'm a Vampire!". Vampire's Kiss.

DrSpengler
08-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Here's my full summary and review of Dimension X #2 at TMNT Entity. (https://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/08/tmnt-dimension-x-2.html)

While I was left with a lukewarm feeling after issue #1, this installment really stepped it up. I liked the heck out of Anemon and Eyemo, maybe more than I was supposed to. While they're superficially similar to other TMNT characters from the past, I felt that their origin, personalities and dynamic made them stand apart from any past doppelgangers. And the "unreliable narrator" bit, trope though it may be, offered a decent twist at the very end.

Utrommaniac
08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
I did realize that there's a bit of a trend with the Turtles trying to round up the witnesses.

Turtles: Hey, Krang's going on trial. You know, the guy who badly screwed you and/or your species over and who you'd probably like to get even with? We need you to be a witness on the prosecution so he can be imprisoned for life and waste a lot of Neutrino tax payer money keeping him there.
Witness: No
Turtles: Please?
Witness: No.
Turtles: PLEEEASE?
Hakk-R/antagonist force: OH SH*T WADDUP!?
Witness: Well, he's out of the way. Guess I'll go be a witness.

CyberCubed
08-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Yeah, in a way this arc almost feels like a filler arc in a cartoon or anime where you can either watch what happens inbetween the main story, or you can skip over it since its inconsequential. As I said, issue #74 is probably just going to open with a huge recap detailing everything that happened in these 5 issues on like one page or less, showing all the witnesses on their ship with the Turtles.

myconius
08-09-2017, 11:03 PM
just wait till you eventually see Hakk-R get his hands on one of the witnesses though.

most of the Tmnt minis start on an up-beat, but a few have had their very grim and ambiguous moments.

Ninjinister
08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
I did realize that there's a bit of a trend with the Turtles trying to round up the witnesses.

Turtles: Hey, Krang's going on trial. You know, the guy who badly screwed you and/or your species over and who you'd probably like to get even with? We need you to be a witness on the prosecution so he can be imprisoned for life and waste a lot of Neutrino tax payer money keeping him there.
Witness: No
Turtles: Please?
Witness: No.
Turtles: PLEEEASE?
Hakk-R/antagonist force: OH SH*T WADDUP!?
Witness: Well, he's out of the way. Guess I'll go be a witness.

Isn't this the opposite of #2 though? Outside of the Cloud Beasts, there was no antagonistic force outside of Eymo being stubborn. I was just thinking how it isn't the same thing. Hakk-R's tentacly ass don't even show up until the last two panels.

Utrommaniac
08-09-2017, 11:46 PM
That is a good point. But the witness still isn't going with the turtles right away after being told what's going on, even if it's Eymo being stubborn.

I have a feeling Stump might be particularly stubborn, Ace Duck being a little more willing, and the Peaceful Planet being the most agreeable, but needing help with the plant problem.

myconius
08-10-2017, 06:49 AM
put away the crystal ball, and just read the story and find out. :lol:

myconius
08-10-2017, 09:31 AM
one thing i thought was really cool was how the Argonian that was being fed to Krang's pet Flippy, looked very similar to the alien species that were being eaten by the Spasmosaur in the original run or Mirage Tmnt issue #6.

Utrommaniac
08-10-2017, 09:45 AM
I just find it funny that Krang named it Flippy. Joining the ranks of Mr. Bigglesworth...