PDA

View Full Version : FOX Considering ''King of the Hill'' Revival

ZariusTwo
08-08-2017, 01:16 PM
FOX are considering a King of the Hill comeback and have discussed their plans with Greg Daniels and Mike Judge

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/king-of-the-hill-fox-revival-talks-1202519401/

Allio
08-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Outside of the last season, King of the Hill was really good and consistent

oldmanwinters
08-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Big fan of the show, so I've thought about whether or not I'd like a revival, but I'm quite content with the existing backlog of episodes that are available and accessible and I wouldn't want to see the show come back with a considerably different tone or take a huge time jump (Hank and Peggy as senior citizens, Bobby in college or whatever). I quite like the show for what it was, and it would be harder to enjoy the show without original voice actors like Brittany Murphy who have passed away. I thought the final episode was a nice sendoff and culmination of the show's major recurring themes, even it was perhaps the most mundane final episode ever.

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Why does it seem like every old show or movie franchise is being revived lately? It's like every time I turn around, some show that ended a decade or more ago is coming back.

TurtleWA
08-08-2017, 01:38 PM
yep mhmm yep

ProphetofGanja
08-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh man, awesome news! I've been dreaming of new King of the Hill episodes for years

I wouldn't mind if they did a time jump, I actually think I'd prefer it. It would be neat to see Bobby, Joseph and Kahn Jr. as college-aged and to see all the adults as older, like Hank and Peggy with graying hair :lol: I think if they wanted to they could find a decent voice actor to replace the late Brittany Murphy so that they could have stories with Luanne and Lucky and their baby

Except Bill is probably totally dead if that much time has gone by

Jester
08-08-2017, 01:48 PM
That ain't right, I tell ya h'wut....

I'd tune in, but I do wonder if they'd age the characters and if they'd recast or retire Luanne.

Spike Spiegel
08-08-2017, 01:49 PM
It'd be nice to see Mike Judge's take on Trump's America through some of those characters.

His satirical style's not as one-sided as someone like Seth MacFarlane.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm definitely burnt out on political humor and politics in general, but King of the Hill would have been great to have around last year lol. That and The Boondocks.

Mike Judge actually wanted to make some President Camacho campaign ads, but Fox wouldn't let him.

dl316bh
08-08-2017, 02:04 PM
I like King of the Hill a lot, but man, I'd kill for another run of Beavis and Butthead. That's still my favorite thing Mike Judge ever did. Still, geez, this whole revival thing really is starting to get out of hand.

ZariusTwo
08-08-2017, 02:58 PM
I like King of the Hill a lot, but man, I'd kill for another run of Beavis and Butthead

I quite liked the brief 2011 revival.

dl316bh
08-08-2017, 03:30 PM
I quite liked the brief 2011 revival.
Same. I can't believe MTV didn't order more of it. Baffling.

Redeemer
08-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Same. I can't believe MTV didn't order more of it. Baffling.

Bc that show is so dated and it originally ended 20 years ago :lol:
It was honestly a really bad time to try and revive that show given how many comedy cartoons we had at the time.

I wouldn't mind if they brought the show back. But I don't think it would do to well. If any show could be revived I would like them to bring back Futurama. That show has proven to be successful despite being dead for years. But the show did have a pretty good send off.

Storm Eagle
08-08-2017, 04:24 PM
I like King of the Hill a lot, but man, I'd kill for another run of Beavis and Butthead. That's still my favorite thing Mike Judge ever did. Still, geez, this whole revival thing really is starting to get out of hand.

I'd rather just have a complete series set for Beavis and Butt-head on DVD.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 04:28 PM
I'd rather just have a complete series set for Beavis and Butt-head on DVD.

It exists.

dl316bh
08-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Bc that show is so dated and it originally ended 20 years ago :lol:
It was honestly a really bad time to try and revive that show given how many comedy cartoons we had at the time.

I wouldn't mind if they brought the show back. But I don't think it would do to well. If any show could be revived I would like them to bring back Futurama. That show has proven to be successful despite being dead for years. But the show did have a pretty good send off.
They updated the jokes pretty well, and even if the original show is very 90's in how often it referenced things at the time, it's still funny. The brief revival showed Mike Judge could still make it work and, well, there's as much stupid stuff now as there was back then. Anyway, from what I gathered, it was less that it was a bad time and more that it didn't fit where MTV wanted to go, which is... not surprising. Apparently its ratings were second only to Jersey Shore at the time.

I love Futurama, but that's one I'd hope stays buried. It came back once for a good while and had a great second run, but I think it ended well. I kind of fear it coming back and ending up like the Simpsons, where it went on too long. There's legitimately twice the amount of bad Simpsons material than there is of the golden years, now. :ohwell:

It exists.
I think he means the full series, including music videos, which you don't have any legal options to acquire due to licensing. The best we got was the Mike Judge Collections.

Storm Eagle
08-08-2017, 06:04 PM
I think he means the full series,

That's exactly what I meant. I wouldn't expect it to have all of the videos though. Just the complete set of the episodes.

ToTheNines
08-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh ****... I have the set that came out this year that had the 2011 season and the movie, had no idea it was missing episodes. I'll be damned.

TurtleWA
08-08-2017, 06:37 PM
I found this to be entertaining to watch and doesn't really need a separate thread.

GxdgCPtanow

l_BK3YVHbxY

_xpjThiOh7k

drgon78
08-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I would prefer a revival for Daria(and many other shows), was never a big King of the Hill fan.

PApagreg
08-08-2017, 11:04 PM
I think Koth should stay cancelled, don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the series however I see no reason to have a revival

Andrew NDB
08-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Am I the only one who had no idea King of the Hill was ever even cancelled?

Wildcat
08-08-2017, 11:31 PM
I too would much rather have Beavis and Butt-head back. The 2011 episodes were great. It was spot on. As if it never stopped.

I assume another movie will be made eventually since it's a popular franchise that people remember and a movie is quick fix.

Ninjinister
08-08-2017, 11:45 PM
FOX Considering ''King of the Hill'' Revival

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjunyfbj61r9dtz3o2_250.jpg