PDA

View Full Version : Terrifying death scenes in movies

CyberCubed
08-08-2017, 03:01 PM
This scared the hell out of me when I was 8 years old:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/0e3d9e9ac9838bd6f962473d50bca143/tumblr_nqxcppK3oc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

From Terminator 2 where she dreams she dies in nuclear war. Being 8 years old when I saw this, I thought this is what literally happened when you got hit by a nuclear bomb. Instead of dying instantaneously, I thought it was just like this where you feel yourself on fire and burn away into a skeleton screaming in agonizing pain.

Goddamn. Anyone who saw this as a kid thinking of nuclear war was probably traumatized.

newfan
08-08-2017, 03:50 PM
That does look horrible re-watching it.
Deaths that bothered me included the sound of torturous pain.

Shark_Blade
08-08-2017, 03:51 PM
zqrREfjDS-c

Kids murdering other kid on tv.

Wtf censorship you block nudity but not murder being committed??

TheSkeletonMan939
08-08-2017, 08:08 PM
That dude who got eaten by ants in the last Indy movie.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_i4MP23cCwk/Uq98j3bek3I/AAAAAAAAlu4/g67iuD72W1Y/s1600/crystal7.png

Indy's foes usually ending up dying in painful ways, but damn... I think this guy might have had it the worst. :tlol:

Utrommaniac
08-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Now, I talked about this in the New Café thread.

I don't know what movie it was, or if it even was a movie. Maybe it was part of a TV show.

But I recall seeing a part of something where two men were fighting in a fire station, and one strangled the other with a fire hose. Terrifying enough already.
Then...it went balls-out by transitioning the man with the hose wrapped around his neck, to a skeleton with a snake in the same way. And then the surviving man just kinda...looking down at what had happened. And I thought the transformation was literal.

I don't know what it was, but it occasionally haunts me...

Oh, and from the Dark Crystal, when the Garthim devoured one of the Far Walkers...at least that's what I assume happened. AND BOI, the Skeksis Emperor's death now that we're on that subject...

ProactiveMan
08-08-2017, 08:21 PM
AND BOI, the Skeksis Emperor's death now that we're on that subject...
I had nightmares about that scene when I was a kid. That and the melting Nazis from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Utrommaniac
08-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm noticing a trend in what scares children here...all involving melting/dismemberment/skeletonization.

funatic
08-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Double ditto for me on the T2 incineration and Skeksi disinegration—lots of sleepless childhood nights induced, and another Indy shoutout for the end of Last Crusade when Nazi-lover chose da wrong cup. "He chose... poorly."

plastroncafe
08-09-2017, 08:37 AM
How Artax the horse goes in The Never Ending Story.

Spike Spiegel
08-09-2017, 09:20 AM
YI3NoBeNwfk

Also:
The shower scene in Psycho.
The elevator scene in Dressed to Kill.
The creepy cook getting boiled alive in Sleepaway Camp (really, most of the deaths in that movie).
Parker and Lambert's deaths in Alien.
Patrick Bateman chasing "Christy" with the chainsaw in American Psycho.
The tanning salon in Final Destination 3.
The decompression scene in DeepStar Six.
That scene in Robocop where ED-209 shoots that poor office worker to death.

Not technically a death, but I was always creeped out by that scene where Sil cuts off that lady's thumb in Species and the shaving scene in Cabin Fever.

Krutch
08-09-2017, 10:36 AM
I remember when Toxic Crusaders was out...
http://wickedhorror.thunderroadinc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/toxic-crusaders-cast-photo.jpg

...I was over the moon excited when I went to the local Blockbuster and saw that a live action movie of the cartoon existed called The Toxic Avenger.
http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5798/24/16x9/960.jpg

My dad recognized the mutated dude on the cover as one of my action figures and allowed me to rent it. 6 year old Krutch was giddy with excitement. The drive home felt like hours even though it was only two blocks away.

When we got home, he put it in the VHS and went upstairs to make dinner.

And what I saw... there were no words :o

Looking back, its actually pretty damn hilarious and I often wonder how many other parents made that mistake when Toxic Crusaders was on the air.

Ahhhh the 90s...

Love it.

The Deadman
08-09-2017, 01:50 PM
jfDLkem6iEs

funatic
08-09-2017, 09:22 PM
...I was over the moon excited when I went to the local Blockbuster and saw that a live action movie of the cartoon existed called The Toxic Avenger.

Oh man I was just going to mention this movie and there was your post. I didn't first see it until I was in my 20s and the car scene (and what is later done with the photos of said car scene) still disturbed me for days afterward... that and the poor guide dog. How that property was ever cleared for a kids' cartoon astounds me. How was the cartoon, by the way?

Storm Eagle
08-09-2017, 09:31 PM

I've seen that before. That was pretty brutal.

Now if this counts, it would be Dr. Facilier's end in The Princess and the Frog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sotIsQ4-Gg

Deadly Friend has this scene where an elderly woman gets a basketball hurled at her head, and the force is hard enough to make her head explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pgWPsUeTU

In Child's Play 2, there was that scene where this guy is using a machine to install eyeballs into Chucky, and he just ends up getting electrocuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-K3EwPEPQ

Krutch
08-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Oh man I was just going to mention this movie and there was your post. I didn't first see it until I was in my 20s and the car scene (and what is later done with the photos of said car scene) still disturbed me for days afterward... that and the poor guide dog. How that property was ever cleared for a kids' cartoon astounds me. How was the cartoon, by the way?

Right?! I mean, I actually really appreciate that movie as I grew older and found an appreciation for shlock cinema, but it's almost a sick joke having adapt it as a kids product. Yikes.

The cartoon was actually pretty funny if memory serves me. I last watched it about 15 years ago, though. But I remember there being alot of funny foreshadowing puns. "Hey, you can't just leave that barrel of ooze laying around! What if some nerd trips in it, becomes mutated, and constantly hunts us down thwarting all our plans for the rest of our life?" Then the following scene, that exact thing happens.

Allio
08-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Kamen rider amazons season 2. So many good ones. Definitely the elephant drinking the brain through the ears

myconius
08-10-2017, 02:35 PM
zqrREfjDS-c

but that wasn't TV, that was a theatrical release.

i have NO idea what they were thinking turning a Tromaville movie into a kids cartoon.
even the edited version of The Toxic Avenger was still pretty grisly.

Candy Kappa
08-10-2017, 02:49 PM
i have NO idea what they were thinking turning a Tromaville movie into a kids cartoon.

probably the same guys that gave us Rambo and Robocop cartoons show with toylines, Alien, Predator and Terminator toys and Nightmare on Elm Street Talking doll and Maxx FX Freddie Krueger figure :lol:

newfan
08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
There have been many gruesome deaths in horror movies but when it's something like a creature feature for example there is the unreality aspect to it, so yeah they're still not nice but the death that caused me to leave the room when I saw it coming was in Green Mile. I knew the guy was not going to wet the sponge or whatever it was so that the guy would have an awful death.