PDA

View Full Version : 'The Munsters' potentially coming back

The Deadman
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3452726/nbc-bringing-munsters-brooklyn-sitcom-reboot/

Second time’s a charm?

NBC and Bryan Fuller attempted to re-animate popular sitcom “The Munsters” back in 2012 with “Mockingbird Lane,” a planned TV series that amounted to nothing more than a one-hour Halloween special. But they’re trying again, Deadline reports tonight.

The network is rebooting “The Munsters” once more as a half-hour, single-camera sitcom that “follows members of an offbeat family who are determined to stay true to themselves but struggle to fit in in hipster Brooklyn.”

Yes, Herman and the gang will deal with hipsters in Brooklyn.

“Odd Mom Out” creator Jill Kargman will write the script and executive produce with Sethmaker Shoemeyers Productions’ Seth Meyers and Mike Shoemaker.

“The Munsters” originally aired for just two seasons between 1964 and 1966.

TheCanadiandrome
08-10-2017, 07:04 PM
well if done right why not? the short-lived Addams Family series of the 90s was ok

DisKosh
08-10-2017, 07:21 PM
A certain ex-friend of mine will already be bitching about it but I will give it a chance. I expect it's probably modernised which I admit, I'm curious to see.

oldmanwinters
08-10-2017, 08:31 PM
I say, let the undead rest in peace!

drgon78
08-10-2017, 09:31 PM
I would prefer a live action movie, if it is half as good as the Addams Family ones.

sdp
08-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I don't see this reboot working but a movie if done right could get a lot of people interested. I also think the Addams Family would do better now as a rebooted tv show.

Regardless, in honor we should all listen to Dragula as if it were a video game in the early 00's again

EqQuihD0hoI

Wildcat
08-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Always liked the Munsters. I preferred it over the Addams Family. Mockingbird Lane was ok but I rather have the characters look like monsters.

Please get Brad Garrett for Herman.