PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Dimension X #3 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
08-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Preview here (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/08/11/exclusive-idw-preview-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dimension-x-3/).

Utrommaniac
08-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Yeeeep, I had a feeling he wouldn't care what Krang did to him. But...that's COLD, man! Jeez louise...
They seem to have a little mix of a George Foreman thing going on...I think? I don't know all the wrestling commentators.

And hey, Antrax is there!...As a wrestler instead of an executioner. Creative.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Oh man. I LOVE this issue's art. SO GOOD.

Also, heh. Gonna enjoy this issue.

oldmanwinters
08-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I'll confess I'm a little disappointed in Randolph's Cover B. The previous two artist cover variants have been very impressive and I even preferred them to getting a single slice of the wrap-around cover for their personality. It's not bad, but just seems like it could have been a little more considering the craziness of all the characters in Stump Asteroid.

neatoman
08-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Stump is willing to destroy his own world for profit and to feed his own ego... Yup, sure doesn't sound like something else...

Anyway, like the artwork here.

Sabacooza
08-11-2017, 09:23 AM
WOW! Love the Art! Randolph may be my new favorite artist.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2017, 09:33 AM
WOW! Love the Art! Randolph may be my new favorite artist.

I know, right!?

Utrommaniac
08-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Huh...I just noticed a gigantic two headed turtle lumbering around in the background.

With the bandanas and all!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Huh...I just noticed a gigantic two headed turtle lumbering around in the background.

With the bandanas and all!

I saw that, too...

ChosenOne
08-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Now this is the issue I've been waiting for! :D

The only thing that could make it even better is if there's a shout-out to the Turtles' wrestling outfits from Archie somewhere in there. Raph's was pretty slick too, he even ended up wearing it for a big chunk of the comic afterwards.

Sling even has those tickets/bills/whatever stuck on his twigs/hair, I'm so excited! So much nostalgia!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Now this is the issue I've been waiting for! :D

The only thing that could make it even better is if there's a shout-out to the Turtles' wrestling outfits from Archie somewhere in there. Raph's was pretty slick too, he even ended up wearing it for a big chunk of the comic afterwards.

Sling even has those tickets/bills/whatever stuck on his twigs/hair, I'm so excited! So much nostalgia!

I am 100% sure we are going to see those costumes. At least Raph's...

***First of Two Latin Kings***
08-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Stump and Sling haven't been adapted for IDW AT ALL. They're EXACTLY like they were in Archie.

CyberCubed
08-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Aren't Ace Duck and Cryin' Hound in this too?

I wonder if we'll see more cameos in the background of familiar characters.

MikeandRaph87
08-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Yeeeep, I had a feeling he wouldn't care what Krang did to him. But...that's COLD, man! Jeez louise...
They seem to have a little mix of a George Foreman thing going on...I think? I don't know all the wrestling commentators.

And hey, Antrax is there!...As a wrestler instead of an executioner. Creative.

I know we were expecting him as Krang's hired assassin. He does show up,but in a way unexpected.

Ace Duck si in issue#4 if I am not mistaken,cubed.

Sabacooza
08-11-2017, 01:51 PM
I know, right!?His stuff looks a bit like the 2003 show and now I know why. He did concept art for the show.

Powder
08-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'm glad to see Khary finally do something in a bigger capacity. He's a great dude.

spookycookies
08-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Yeah I am totally in love with this art.

myconius
08-16-2017, 06:54 AM
WOW was that surreal! i'm really loving this mini!

never saw this artist before, but i really hope i do again! love his style! what other comics has he done?

nice touch with the old comic style coloring :)

His stuff looks a bit like the 2003 show and now I know why. He did concept art for the show.

that's very awesome!!! :D

Utrommaniac
08-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Gotta say, Stump came out okay considering the current climate. He was something of his own man...tree...thing, except for allowing Krang to clear cut his planet.

He looks kind of like if Matt Smith and Groot fused into a Used Car Salesman that decided to be a wrestling announcer instead. And ya know what, maybe I will stick with a Mr. Meeseeks voice for him.

Also, there was a Triceraton watching the match:
http://i.imgur.com/5YqLiGY.png

mrmaczaps
08-16-2017, 12:11 PM
This artist needs to work a nice long run on the IDW main series... When Mikey shouts Cowabunga.... perfect!

Also noticed the two-headed Turtles looking shadow/silhouette... So cool.

myconius
08-16-2017, 12:33 PM
This artist needs to work a nice long run on the IDW main series...

absolutely! i'd really love to see him draw a story arc. :D

neatoman
08-16-2017, 03:47 PM
So are we gonna get an issue of Universe where the Turtles fufill their contractual obligations?

Oh and one more thing, with that small cameo, IDW has come closer to featuring the Flaming Carrot than Nickelodeon ever did.

ChosenOne
08-16-2017, 05:20 PM
What a hilarious issue! :lol: I was laughing all the way from Hakk-r's entrance to the very last panel.

I feel sorry for the guy, he had no idea what he was getting into with this specific target! :D

And the wrestling outfits from Archie! Yes! So much win!

Also, a neat little coincidence(?) in that Cryin' Houn's look is clearly based on Elvis Presley, and today is the anniversary of his death. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that was an intentional tribute.

DrSpengler
08-16-2017, 06:47 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT: Dimension X #3 at TMNT Entity. (https://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/08/tmnt-dimension-x-3.html)

This was the issue of the mini I was looking forward to the most, and the part of the storyline IDW seemed to hype up the most with those Pitarra covers. I wasn't disappointed! Sitterson found a great balance of adding new takes on classic characters without taking them too far away from who they are and how we recognize them. And the art and coloring from Randolph/Rauch really stood out to be; loved the "lighting" and all the perspective angles.

Though are we gonna get Ace Duck or not?!

CyberCubed
08-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Isn't Ace Duck on one of the covers or did I imagine that? Weird that he wasn't here.

Utrommaniac
08-17-2017, 12:22 AM
He is on the covers. I think he's in the next issue.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Loved the art. Story was amusing, I guess.

Hakkr has really been going through a fast villain decay cycle, though, hasn't he? It'll be even weirder if he's back up to "badass status" in Issues #74 and #75.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-17-2017, 07:19 PM
Isn't Ace Duck listed as an upcoming character in the previews? An ex-pilot who was forced into Stump Wrestling?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-17-2017, 07:25 PM
Isn't Ace Duck listed as an upcoming character in the previews? An ex-pilot who was forced into Stump Wrestling?

I'm predicting now that Ace Duck is gonna be a Han Solo type character. Smuggler pilot.

martinitolove
08-18-2017, 03:27 PM
In this issue we see many easter eggs. Some of them I recognize, some not. So please help!

Stump = Donald Trump (by the way why historically so?)
Sling = Don King

Page 3
who is that Dark Beast like manager guy?
Who is Manfred Manos III -> looks like classic Bebop and Modok
Fish
Two-Head
Mummy

Antrax the executioner, finally!!!

Cryin' Houn' = Elvis

Raph's ring costume = homage to his archie one

Leo's ring costume - is there an action figure or is a homage, too?

Donnie's ring costume - is there an action figure or is a homage, too?

Pages 14 & 17
Bellybomb and Triceraton in the background

Page 18
two strange aliens and Flaming Carrot in the background

Am I right or wrong? What do you think?

martinitolove
08-18-2017, 03:47 PM
By the way AMAZING ART by Khary Randolph. Would enjoy to see more of him in the main series...

myconius
08-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Cryin' Houn' = Elvis

i'm thinking he's based off the wrestler the 'Honky Tonk Man', who was an Elvis knock-off.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_large/public/rd-talent/Bio/Honky_Tonk_Man_bio.png

ctt4lfecw
08-19-2017, 03:26 PM
PWG shirt on a fan in the crowd on the 3rd to last page! PWG is a California based independent wrestling league.

Allio
08-24-2017, 11:49 AM
for a moment there I thought I saw triple threat.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-24-2017, 11:54 AM
for a moment there I thought I saw triple threat.

I was a little surprised Triple Threat didn't pop up in this issue... perfect place for a cameo, a little extra credit, and then never use him again. :tgrin: