PDA

View Full Version : Monster Arc DVD Discussion Thread (Warning Spoilers)

Vicky82
09-05-2017, 09:49 AM
This thread will contain spoilers, so enter at your own risk.

Discussion thread for the Monster Arc that's coming out on DVD in Australia tomorrow and on the 18th in the UK.

Australia is like 10 hours ahead (of the UK) so we will probably start seeing spoilers by tomorrow morning.

Redworld96
09-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I can not wait to see spoilers, but I really hope some australian could also record them and put them online.

Vicky82
09-05-2017, 10:45 AM
At first I thought this was going to be the least interesting arc but after reading the book i've become bit more interested in it now.

I'm looking forward to seeing is

Mikey's relationship with Renet

Mikey defending Donnie when he's down and Mikey killing Dracula (that's if the arc is the same as the book)

JH24
09-05-2017, 12:06 PM
At first, I wasn't looking forward to this arc either. (I'm usually not really into horror and monsters) But I couldn't resist reading the book, and knowing the episodes will have a much bigger story I'm more interested now as well.

Besides some interesting scenes for the main characters I'm also looking forward to the villains, the costumes and the new locations and backgrounds. It should be quite the adventure. I'm actually a bit hyped for it.

matteso586
09-05-2017, 12:52 PM
I be disappointed if Fugitoid is not in this arc. His spaceship travels through time. Kinda makes me wonder if he's met Lord Simultaneous before.

I'm hoping that this arc will go a bit deeper into the Turtles becoming legendary heroes in the future.

If you want my opinion, I think it would be more fitting if Christopher Lloyd was the one who voiced Lord Simultaneous.

Vicky82
09-05-2017, 01:03 PM
I be disappointed if Fugitoid is not in this arc. His spaceship travels through time. Kinda makes me wonder if he's met Lord Simultaneous before.

He's not going to be in this arc, Renet is.

I'm hoping that this arc will go a bit deeper into the Turtles becoming legendary heroes in the future.

You need the final story arc for that, not this arc.

neatoman
09-05-2017, 01:09 PM
If you want my opinion, I think it would be more fitting if Christopher Lloyd was the one who voiced Lord Simultaneous.

Would you accept Justin Roiland as a substitute?
L8T9f-c5_IM

matteso586
09-05-2017, 06:39 PM

Who said that I don't think that Renet is going to be in this arc?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-05-2017, 06:48 PM
I think Fugitoid will most likely appear in the 3 part finale while this arc will be Renet's final appearance.

Vicky82
09-05-2017, 10:27 PM

Er what??????? Are you in denial or something, Didn't you see the previews, she is in this arc.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b4710ff9f615db82c72e267da2893f28/tumblr_ov2l6a8Pf51ts0huyo1_540.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/74ab36763b5d976952c95031ecfeb797/tumblr_ov4uoeEMTu1vkj3iao2_540.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo
09-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Er what??????? Are you in denial or something, Didn't you see the previews, she is in this arc.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b4710ff9f615db82c72e267da2893f28/tumblr_ov2l6a8Pf51ts0huyo1_540.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/74ab36763b5d976952c95031ecfeb797/tumblr_ov4uoeEMTu1vkj3iao2_540.jpg

He didn't say she's not going to be in it.

Vicky82
09-05-2017, 10:46 PM
He didn't say she's not going to be in it.

He did

Who said that? I don't think that Renet is going to be in this arc.

His grammar is not that great, he put the question mark in the wrong place.

MarsicornYT
09-06-2017, 12:06 AM
Hello everyone, I kinda got it on the preorder a bit later than I wanted, so it wont arrive till like an extra 2 days, but if no one else has recorded it by then, I'm happy to.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone, I kinda got it on the preorder a bit later than I wanted, so it wont arrive till like an extra 2 days, but if no one else has recorded it by then, I'm happy to.

Oh that's sad :ohwell: But better late than never. For the moment you're the only australian I know who is going to buy the DVD.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-06-2017, 01:12 AM

Ah, I see. The position of the question mark changes everything.

Anyways, can't wait to see Renet come back, pretty sure this is her 3rd appearance in the series.

TMNTmousers
09-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Just saw the episodes, Renet was awesome. Monsters Among Us the best of them.

Vicky82
09-06-2017, 03:09 AM

Cool.

What was Mikey like? Did he have any awesome moments?

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 03:16 AM

And what else can you tell us about the episodes? :) Was there something in the episodes that the book didnt tell or tell it wrong?

neatoman
09-06-2017, 03:45 AM

Did you record them?

JH24
09-06-2017, 04:32 AM

Thanks for the update. :) I look forward to hear your thoughts/impressions.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the episodes. :) It definitely sounds promising.

leighonardo
09-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Watched them last night and again today. Awesome episodes. Raph flying around as a little bat is a funny sight. Mikey kills dracula and saves the day which was awesome. Seeing dracula's face melt away to a skeleton was pretty full on even for this show. Donnie actually calls himself smoooth donatello!!

matteso586
09-06-2017, 05:18 AM
He did

You're the one who misinterpret it! I said that in one full sentence.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-06-2017, 05:20 AM
Donnie actually calls himself smoooth donatello!!

Andre Meadows will love that moment :)

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Donnie actually calls himself smoooth donatello!!

What he did to say himself that?

Andre Meadows will love that moment :)

It's canon, finally :lol::lol:

leighonardo
09-06-2017, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=Redworld96;1711882]What he did to say himself that?]

He's trying to decide if he should dress as smooth donatello for halloween and imagines himself as a pimp surrounded by women. April, karai irma and shini.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=Redworld96;1711882]What he did to say himself that?]

He's trying to decide if he should dress as smooth donatello for halloween and imagines himself as a pimp surrounded by women. April, karai irma and shini.

http://www.memegen.es/m/v6b7ma.jpg

That sounds more coming from Casey than from Donnie :ohwell: That would be very out of character nowadays

newfan
09-06-2017, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=leighonardo;1711883]

http://www.memegen.es/m/v6b7ma.jpg

That sounds more coming from Casey than from Donnie :ohwell: That would be very out of character nowadays

LOL that does sound much more like Jones.

JH24
09-06-2017, 06:13 AM

For some reason, I can totally see Donnie do that.

leighonardo
09-06-2017, 06:51 AM
It's just a quick throwaway joke. Don't think they thought too much about if it was in character or not.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 06:55 AM
It's just a quick throwaway joke. Don't think they thought too much about if it was in character or not.

Well you're right, Donnie has always been the favourite one of the writers for the comedic relief alongside Mikey. But anyway, lol :roll:

leighonardo
09-06-2017, 07:09 AM
And what else can you tell us about the episodes? :) Was there something in the episodes that the book didnt tell or tell it wrong?

The book basically skips over the first 3 episodes on the first page. It mentions how savanti travels through time recruiting monsters and thats it but in the show the first episode is about savanti recruiting the mummy then the second is all about him recruiting dracula and the werewolf and the third is frankenstein.the rest of the book is just the 4th episode.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I really hope the episodes will be recorded by someone soon.

leighonardo
09-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the info. I really hope the episodes will be recorded by someone soon.

If i could i would but i have no idea how to do that kind of thing. Best i could do is record bits on my phone and put it on youtube lol. Would be bad quality though.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 07:24 AM
If i could i would but i have no idea how to do that kind of thing. Best i could do is record bits on my phone and put it on youtube lol. Would be bad quality though.

With bad quality or not, Youtube would delete the video quickly, that's why I stopped uploading any kind of clips there long time ago.

MarsicornYT
09-06-2017, 07:34 AM
With bad quality or not, Youtube would delete the video quickly, that's why I stopped uploading any kind of clips there long time ago.

Could you please dm me the website you use to upload your episodes? I'm going to take the bus down to the store to buy it after school, lol I can't wait till the pre order, and I'll record them as I watch them and try to get them out tomorrow night (because of school otherwise I'd do earlier) So like 20 hours from this post it should be out.

Redworld96
09-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Could you please dm me the website you use to upload your episodes? I'm going to take the bus down to the store to buy it after school, lol I can't wait till the pre order, and I'll record them as I watch them and try to get them out tomorrow night (because of school otherwise I'd do earlier) So like 20 hours from this post it should be out.

Sure! Thank you guys :D:D

Vicky82
09-06-2017, 10:03 AM
The Monster arc, sounds awesome.

Mikey saves the day again :D so that's 3 out of 7 arcs so far, I wonder if he's going to save the day in the crossover arc and Future arc as well.

newfan
09-06-2017, 10:25 AM
The Monster arc, sounds awesome.

Mikey saves the day again :D so that's 3 out of 7 arcs so far, I wonder if he's going to save the day in the crossover arc and Future arc as well.

It feels like a long wait until our DVD is released..

Mikey's certainly been on a role but hopefully they'll share it out a bit :)

Aaronardo
09-06-2017, 06:41 PM
He did

This is one of the single most hypocritical things I have ever seen on this website. Have a cookie.

^ "Who said THAT I don't think..." is grammatically correct in that he's saying nobody said he doesn't think Renet was going to be in the arc. The extra "that" is slightly confusing but doesn't change the meaning of the sentence. You're completely right in saying that a question mark being placed there would've changed everything which is exactly why he didn't put one there to begin with. His original post didn't even mention Renet and he only expressed his desire to see Fugitoid, which I share.

I don't know where you, pulled this grammar thing from.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Guess that is settled.

Vicky82
09-06-2017, 10:47 PM
This is one of the single most hypocritical things I have ever seen on this website. Have a cookie.

^ "Who said THAT I don't think..." is grammatically correct in that he's saying nobody said he doesn't think Renet was going to be in the arc. The extra "that" is slightly confusing but doesn't change the meaning of the sentence. You're completely right in saying that a question mark being placed there would've changed everything which is exactly why he didn't put one there to begin with. His original post didn't even mention Renet and he only expressed his desire to see Fugitoid, which I share.

I don't know where you, pulled this grammar thing from.

Did you read the other posts before that.

This is what he originally said

I said

Then he replied

I read that and I got confused and thought he got his grammar wrong because I thought he said that didn't think that Renet was in the arc and he really thought Fugitoid was.

So he probably miss read my originally post when I said that Fugitoid wasn't in this arc, Renet is.

Can we stop this now

FredWolfLeonardo
09-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Someone posted a video of Smooth Donatello from these episodes on Youtube.

Its downright hilarious :lol: Can't wait to see how Black Nerd Comedy reacts to it.

Vicky82
09-06-2017, 11:30 PM
There's a video of Raph doing a evil laugh, it's awesome.

There is another video of vampire April seducing Donnie and Donnie loves it. :lol:

JH24
09-07-2017, 01:38 AM
"You're mine, Donnie!"

Ouch, that looked painful.

...Somehow I don't think that's what Donatello had in mind when he imagined being with April.

MarsicornYT
09-07-2017, 03:38 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2gv4y02.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ihpmkx.jpg

Found it!!!!! My sister had to drive me around the stores to try and fine it :lol: Driving home now to record it.

And the extra episodes are When worlds collide, so confirmed to be not the finale.

Also is it okay if I only upload 2 episodes tonight? and then 2 tomorrow, its just cause I have a bit of homework to do and don't think I'll have time to watch and record and upload all 4.

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 03:41 AM
Thank you :) And of course we are fine with that. Only remember to not put the links directly here because that's against the rules of the forum.

neatoman
09-07-2017, 05:18 AM
I think a PM might be ok, in which case I'm interested.

JH24
09-07-2017, 05:19 AM
Of course it's fine. Thank you. Enjoy watching the episodes. :)

MarsicornYT
09-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Dude that first episode was so good!!!! Like seriosly!!! The action :o
Vicky - Mikey's so good in this ep and has so many smart and funny moments.
Reddy - Donnie is really smart in the first ep.
Cubed - Sorry no Karai and Shini moments yet.
Fredwolf/Bubbly - So many Leo bad ass moments! He chopped off a guys head again. :lol:
Raph fans - Raph was so bad ass in this ep!

Lol anyway first episode is uploading now, start PM'ing me now so I know who to send the link. I guess I'll send it to Reddy first so she can put in on her blog, so I don't have to send to heaps of people.

Also thanks guys, homework sucks :cry:

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Thank you once more :D I'll be waiting your PM to share it outside here. I'm glad you liked the episode

BubblyShell22
09-07-2017, 06:47 AM
Glad to hear Leo had some good moments. I always like those and it sounds like these eps are going to be pretty cool.

NikitaZhukov
09-07-2017, 08:48 AM
The first episode was so awesome. Can't wait for the next three. Any info on how many hours until the second one is on?

Redworld96
09-07-2017, 08:51 AM
The first episode was so awesome. Can't wait for the next three. Any info on how many hours until the second one is on?

By tomorrow apparently.
-----

Watched the first episode. Very cool for the moment.

It was cool to see Casey and April going from house to house for trick or treating. Casey prefers the trick :lol:

Donnie was such a dork and a nerd admiring the Ancient Egipt, I loved it. And it was nice to see how much worried he was about April when she was bitten by a random dude.

Peter Di Cicco wrote this episode and he put Chloe on screen during few times. She is the one who bites Casey I think.

syk_skillz
09-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Could I please get a Pm for them?

Vicky82
09-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Great episode, had lots of action all the way through.

Was April supposed to dress up as Mr T or something :lol:

Liked the little April/Donnie moment when she got bitten

Loved all the Mikey moments in this, :D

hugging Renet when she arrived
Defending Renet when Raph said she was the worst time traveler.
Figuring how to stop the booby trap.

matteso586
09-07-2017, 12:28 PM
By tomorrow apparently.
-----

It was cool to see Casey and April going from house to house for trick or treating. Casey prefers the trick :lol:

Aren't they too old for trick or treating?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Very much enjoyed the first episode, lots of great moments.

Mikey was definetly the highlight of the episode, and I never expected an ancient Egypt setting to be used in a turtles episode. Very well done.

My favourite moment was at the end where Renet hugged Leo and Mikey was jealous. #SmoothLeonardo.

Autbot_Benz
09-07-2017, 03:36 PM
I loved the grave stones with all the Horror Iconic Directors on them Carpenter Raimi cronenberg and Dante.

Also love the additions of "data" and "Geordi" to the faux star trek show

Ninturtle
09-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Thought the first episode was really weak, I found the horror stuff boring. Wish the writers wouldn't force their fandoms on the show this heavily.

Powder
09-07-2017, 05:04 PM
That was so good! Lotta the jokes really had me laughing, too.

lonewarrior20
09-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Great episode, had lots of action all the way through.

Was April supposed to dress up as Mr T or something :lol:

actually it was Robert De Niro's taxi driver.
http://www.discdish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/taxidriver.jpg

Vicky82
09-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Ah thanks, i've never seen taxi driver.

JH24
09-08-2017, 09:32 AM
I was really impressed with this episode. It may just be my imagination but the art and animation felt even better than before. The expressions, the action scenes, the coloring, the backgrounds, I was amazed throughout the episode.

I loved how everyone had some great moments, with Mikey having some of the best. Really liked Donnie being in total awe of Ancient Egypt, Mikey's moments with Renet as well as the mummy fight, which was very well done. There was quite a bit of tension throughout the episode.

I'm so getting this DVD when it comes out.

Ninjinister
09-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Thought the first episode was really weak, I found the horror stuff boring. Wish the writers wouldn't force their fandoms on the show this heavily.

You must be new to Ninja Turtles.

Ninturtle
09-08-2017, 02:22 PM
You must be new to Ninja Turtles.

Nope, it's one thing when the writers would be inspired by horror elements and create things like Invasion of the Squirrelinoids, Dream Beavers, and the Creep, but to have things like Frankenstien and Dracula seems really out of place. The episode was just boring to me, it was neither funny nor interesting.

Powder
09-08-2017, 03:59 PM
I appreciate your point of view but the TMNT have a history with literally all of these entities, across various versions. Mirage, Archie, Playmates, and I thiiiink some kids books dealt with them too.

Ninturtle
09-08-2017, 05:28 PM
I appreciate your point of view but the TMNT have a history with literally all of these entities, across various versions. Mirage, Archie, Playmates, and I thiiiink some kids books dealt with them too.

Wasn't really aware that the entities appeared in mirage, but I was aware of the appearance in Archie and Playmates Universal figures I even think Dracula appeared in the FW cartoon. But those elements work better in more campy versions , I could understand why people would like this episode and could see how the horror elements fit for some people, but to me it still feels off.

Powder
09-08-2017, 05:43 PM
One might argue that this series can be pretty campy at times. :tlol:

Not tryna change/judge your opinion or anything, though.

neatoman
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM
One might argue that this series can be pretty campy at times. :tlol:

At times? Try at least 75% of the time.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Only episodes like Dream Beavers and Pizza face felt like full out camp to me.

The rest of the time, it mostly seemeed to take itself seriously, albeit with jokes scattered throughout the episode.

Thats not saying I think camp is necessarily a bad thing.

neatoman
09-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Only episodes like Dream Beavers and Pizza face felt like full out camp to me.

The rest of the time, it mostly seemeed to take itself seriously, albeit with jokes scattered throughout the episode.

Thats not saying I think camp is necessarily a bad thing.

There's a lot of campy episodes, I mean a lot. It deliberately homages stuff that would be featured on MST3K for long stretches.

Not saying it's bad either but this show has so much camp anything serious seems out of place to me.

Chaotix12345
09-08-2017, 07:05 PM
If someone could PM me the links as well, that'd be great. October is nearing and I'm craving something spooky.

Edit: Got 'em! Much obliged, guys!

neatoman
09-09-2017, 02:35 AM
Yeah, me too.

Vicky82
09-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Seen all 4 episodes now, it was a good arc.

I was surprised that Raph was bitten by Dracula so early in the 2nd episode but we see him slowly transform into a vampire. At the first the turtles don't see him get bitten and just think he's sick until the gypsy lady sees his neck.

Technogeek29
09-09-2017, 04:08 AM
Seen all 4 episodes now, it was a good arc.

I was surprised that Raph was bitten by Dracula so early in the 2nd episode but we see him slowly transform into a vampire. At the first the turtles don't see him get bitten and just think he's sick until the gypsy lady sees his neck.

Volume 4 reference huh? That's so rare.

Technogeek29
09-09-2017, 04:09 AM
If someone could PM me the links as well, that'd be great. October is nearing and I'm craving something spooky.

Ditto if you'd be so kind? :D

neatoman
09-09-2017, 04:44 AM
I thought Mikey's line about not wanting to get sucked was pretty funny albeit in a way that might be unintentional, I know a lot of people who think differently about getting "sucked".:lol:

Technogeek29
09-09-2017, 06:11 AM
The first two

Curse if Savanti Romero

Crypt of Dracula

Would be my personal favorites of the arc. I'm a sucker for Supernatural, Ancient Egypt, Horror and steampunk. Two of those things exist and coincidentally in the first two episodes. So my bias is showing a bit.

JH24
09-09-2017, 07:11 AM
"Curse of Savanti Romero" and "Crypt of Dracula" were my favorites too.

Many locations and backgrounds were amazing. I look forward for a re-watch of the DVD when it comes out.

Vicky82
09-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Bloody hell I though Donnie killed Raph when they were fighting in The Frankenstein experiment. :o

Igor digging a grave and seeing the corpse hand sticking out of the sack was pretty dark. Donnie even helps carry the sack later on. :o

ToTheNines
09-09-2017, 09:16 AM
I was just gonna wait and watch all 4 of these on Halloween, but now it's looking like the finale is airing sooner than expected, so I'm kinda torn.

Vicky82
09-09-2017, 09:42 AM
I wonder if Renet is going to be in the final future arc because when Mikey says she's an incredible person, Renet kisses him on the cheek and says that was the 2nd nicest thing that anyone has said about her. Mikey then says what was the 1st but she wouldn't say she says that you will have to wait until we meet again in the future.

asfaloth12
09-09-2017, 10:01 AM
I'm very grateful to the person who uploaded these episodes. All of them were so much fun! Some of the animation was downright gorgeous, too! The DVD will definitely be on my to-buy list.

Sean Astin sounded like he was having a blast with this episode. Loved his evil laugh :lol: and little bat!Raph was so freaking cute! It cracked me up.

Renet was awesome! I'm surprised by how much fun her character has been, and she had some very cute moments with Mikey.

Chaotix12345
09-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Fun batch of episodes and definitely scratched that Halloween itch. Bits of it even reminded me of the Halloween Tree.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-09-2017, 06:34 PM
I watched the episodes, they were all good.

I wasn't expecting much since Im not alot into monsters/horror but I still enjoyed the episodes overall for what they were.

Dissapointed we didn't get Monster Turtles though, guess thats a toy only thing. Even a small scene at the end of Mummy Leo, Dracula Raph, Frankenstein Donnie and Werewolf Mikey TrickOrTreating wouldve been nice.

Out of all the monsters, I liked Frankenstein the best while Dracula was cool. Werewolf and Mummy were alright, but not as good as the other two since they didn't have a personality.

Powder
09-09-2017, 08:13 PM
I really liked the first episode of this arc & all the others had great moments, but didn't quite land as well with me. The whole turtle turns evil thing is played out, they did that a few times too many. Could've done something a bit more original than that. I was bummed that the Playmates toy designs that we even see in the theme song weren't actually a part of this whatsoever. Overall solid for the series itself, but easily the weakest arc of the season.

Kit31
09-09-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed earlier or not, but a few of you early on (before seeing the episodes) mentioned a book. What is this book and how/where can I find it?

AlZarkovski
09-09-2017, 11:40 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed earlier or not, but a few of you early on (before seeing the episodes) mentioned a book. What is this book and how/where can I find it?

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Mayhem-Teenage-Mutant-Turtles/dp/1524716707/ref=sr_1_57?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505022050&sr=1-57&keywords=ninja+turtles

Kit31
09-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Thank you for the link. :)

victory_angel
09-10-2017, 02:37 AM
They gave Igor a Peter Lorre voice, that rather appropriate.

DWC
09-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Can somebody please PM me the links for the Monster arc?

Thanks.

DWC
09-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks to those who sent me the links, I've replied to the PMs but it is much appreciated,

Storm Eagle
09-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Okay okay, PM me the links too, s'il vous plait.

Danke.

CyberCubed
09-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Saw all 4 episodes, the first one in Egypt was the best of them all but the rest of the arc was solid. Renet is really fun in the Nick cartoon and I like her alot more than the other Renet's.

The monsters themselves were all cool, I find it funny every version of Dracula has the same exact voice across different children's cartoons. :lol:

There were a lot of adult jokes in this too, especially between Michelangelo and Renet and some subtle boob jokes. Then of course "Pimp Donatello" which would fly over kids heads. It's always the adult humor and situations that surprises me in this show.

It was also nice closure to Savanti's character while being in line with his fate in previous incarnations. Overall I enjoyed this arc. I'm not sure if it needed 4 episodes in the last season of all things, but taken on it's own it was enjoyable.

NinjaMan
09-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Can I get the links?

drag0nfeathers
09-12-2017, 06:08 PM
I've been trying to be good and not watch them until it was closer to Halloween. (with this being the last season I keep trying to not binge watch so I can enjoy the season as much as possible before it's all over) but these are all sounding really great.

I saw the DVD was already releasing in the UK, but any idea when we are slated to get ours? I haven't seen any preorder information.

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 04:39 AM
My Monster Arc DVD came today, 2 days early. :D

newfan
09-16-2017, 05:24 AM
My Monster Arc DVD came today, 2 days early. :D

What? Mine didn't :-? ... Was it via royal mail or amazon courier? if was courier then I may still get mine but if it was Royal Mail I'm looking at Monday.

Vicky82
09-27-2017, 11:19 AM
With 2 episodes of the Monster Arc airing tonight, is there any point doing episode discussions for them or just discuss it here.

If the Mods are around, maybe they could change the title.

Allio
09-27-2017, 11:27 AM
I saw the episodes. They were okay, nothing really special. I would probably call it the weakest of season 5, probably second to the mona arc.

Powder
09-27-2017, 03:42 PM
I saw the episodes. They were okay, nothing really special. I would probably call it the weakest of season 5, probably second to the mona arc.

Yeah, that's my stance on it too. They should've condensed it to two episodes, IMO. Maybe then the finale could've been fleshed out a bit better.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 05:26 PM
I didn't get the DVD since I only wanted the Crossover one, so I'll be watching these two episodes on Nicktoons at 8pm EDT tonight.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 05:26 PM
I loved the first episode, the last ep was a good finale, and the second ep was alright. I think the third ep with Frakenstein was the weakest but I liked the other 3 so I was fine with it.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Almost time for the 1st 2 episodes.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Here we go!

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 06:12 PM
a Smooth Donatello reference in the 1st episode, I'm sure Andre will love that.

Kit31
09-27-2017, 06:22 PM
I loved the first episode, the last ep was a good finale, and the second ep was alright. I think the third ep with Frakenstein was the weakest but I liked the other 3 so I was fine with it.

This was what I thought, too. First and last were the best and the third was the weakest. However, I still overall liked this arc. Third-favorite for me this season.

IndigoErth
09-27-2017, 07:07 PM
Wish there was a regular tv ep discussion thread for it, but...

First two just aired, so far pretty fun. :) The hats and coats are kind of adorable.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Andre posted his video reaction to the Smooth Donatello in the 1st episode of the Monster Arc.
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/913244204830121984

Kit31
09-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Andre posted his video reaction to the Smooth Donatello in the 1st episode of the Monster Arc.
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/913244204830121984

LOL! I knew he'd get a kick out of that. :lol:

matteso586
09-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Aren't April and Casey too old for Halloween?

Why couldn't Renet and the Turtles just go to the Mesozoic Era to prevent Savanti from stealing that device (forgot what it's called)?

I bet it'll be better if the alpha werewolf is referred to as Wolfman.

What if the Turtles and Renet chasing Savanti through time turns out to be a stable time loop?

THGhost
09-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Watched the first 2 episodes, waiting for the other 2 whenever Nick decides to air them. :P I'm not buying the DVDs, unless we never get a complete season 5 set, then I will. Still waiting on that complete season 4 set too.

As a horror fan, I live for this stuff. Loved the mummies and the vampires in the first episode and my gosh that second episode was great!

Ashley Johnson has such a lovely voice, doesn't she? :nod:

More vanishing horses in the second episode when their wagon crashes. Where the heck did they go? Did the wolves carry them off too? :lol:

Congrats to Andre on getting Smooth Donatello into the canon. :tlol:

TigerClaw
10-04-2017, 07:04 AM
The Frankenstein episode airs tonight on NickToons at 8pm EDT, however they are only airing 1 episode of it, prior to that, they are re-airing the Mutant Apocalypse episodes at 6:30pm EDT.

TigerClaw
10-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Quick reminder that the new episode airs in less then 30 minutes on NickToons.

TigerClaw
10-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Here we go!

matteso586
10-05-2017, 07:20 AM
When Mikey said he defeated Pizza Face. Does that mean he somehow realized that his battle with him wasn't a dream?

Who knew that the Pharaoh can create illusions?

Is it possible that the entire arc is a stable time loop? And that Renet and the Turtles will travel to the moment after they left New York City?

Is it me, or does Frank almost sound like Jurgen's Monster from the game Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space?

IndigoErth
10-05-2017, 03:27 PM
How that one part probably should have happened...

Donnie: Leo! Raph's after me! Crank that handle right there and give me a lift on the platform so I can try to get away!

*Leo gets attacked*

Donnie: I really didn't think that through. (Also Raph and I both forgot he can just become a bat and fly.)

Renet pulling Leo aside was so funny though... love the look on his face. lol

Is it possible that the entire arc is a stable time loop? And that Renet and the Turtles will travel to the moment after they left New York City?
Having not seen the last part yet since I'm catching it on tv, I'm kind of hoping. That way it can end with them still getting to enjoy Halloween. (And maybe dress as those monsters, to go with the figures.) Or at least wish it would end that way.

ChosenOne
10-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Maybe I missed something, but how exactly was helping Dr. Frankenstein bring his creation to life supposed to stop Savanti from recruiting the monster...?

THGhost
10-07-2017, 11:00 AM
That was fun. Only just noticed that Dracula is voiced by Chris Sarandon. That's awesome. :lol:

CyberCubed
10-07-2017, 11:41 AM
I swear every Dracula voice from a kids show sounds almost exactly the same. The moment Dracula spoke in this show it reminded me of every other Dracula voice I ever heard. :lol:

THGhost
10-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I swear every Dracula voice from a kids show sounds almost exactly the same. The moment Dracula spoke in this show it reminded me of every other Dracula voice I ever heard. :lol:

I agree. I couldn't tell it was Chris Sarandon which is actually kinda disappointing. Every actor tries to emulate Bela Lugosi.

Vegita-San
10-08-2017, 01:31 PM
watching the first episode in this set....this must be the Nick Series Team's Dream show. Monsters. decapitations...bodies getting grinded. floating hands.

I didn't hate the first episode, but it's just ANOTHER monster episode, and therefore looses some of the charm it otherwise might have had if it was the first or second one...for the shows first halloween theme.

CyberCubed
10-08-2017, 01:52 PM
I didn't hate the first episode, but it's just ANOTHER monster episode, and therefore looses some of the charm it otherwise might have had if it was the first or second one...for the shows first halloween theme.

The first episode had them in Egypt with a mummy, I don't see how that's just "another" monster episode.

TigerClaw
10-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Tonight is the last part of the Monster Arc, which will air on NickToons at 8pm EDT.

TigerClaw
10-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Almost time for the last episode of this Arc.

TigerClaw
10-11-2017, 06:32 PM
and the Arc is complete, I enjoyed it all.

IndigoErth
10-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Heh, Mikey and Renet at the end. (With that ending, I'd want to believe they get together someday, if it weren't that he's prob too old for her. lol) And go Mikey with the whole, uh, murdering stopping Dracula. Had a feeling he'd get through to Frankenstein though.

Quite enjoyed this arc. Different, but it was pretty fun! But dang... once again we don't get to see the Turtles actually enjoy Halloween. Someday, in some version...

I guess we're likely on hiatus again now?

matteso586
10-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Shouldn't the sun destroy Dracula on the spot? And the Turtles are aware that it's November 1st, right?

IndigoErth
10-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Good point on the light. Hmm...

I was kind of wondering about the date as well. Since it seems to be the next morning?

I could see maybe neighborhoods deciding to have a do-over since it was ruined for literally everyone and prob have plenty of candy left to be given out, but not that the Turtles should even know it yet...

Would have loved maybe a bonus episode with April and Casey letting them know and we get a real Halloween episode for once. (Maybe they could just do a Scooby-Doo type mystery solving while getting in some Trick or Treating. Throw in a haunted house as part of it.)

CyberCubed
10-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Shouldn't the sun destroy Dracula on the spot? And the Turtles are aware that it's November 1st, right?

Dracula is the king of all vampires, he shouldn't be defeated by measly sunlight.

Ninjinister
10-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Tonight is the last part of the Monster Arc, which will air on NickToons at 8pm EDT.

Almost time for the last episode of this Arc.

and the Arc is complete, I enjoyed it all.

Bro you don't need to post like this. You do it every episode.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-13-2017, 03:06 AM
Dracula is the king of all vampires, he shouldn't be defeated by measly sunlight.

But that's how the story usually goes.

veemonjosh
10-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Monster Arc will be screening at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica tomorrow at 2pm, including a Q&A discussion with Ciro Nieil and the voice actors.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-halloween-special-tmnt-vs-the-time-monsters-tickets-38818638593?sf121468454=1