PDA

View Full Version : This is the end, my friend...

neatoman
09-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Alright, so now we have an official date for when all the episodes are out in some capacity, 22nd of September, less than two weeks from now. It's a little premature to post this but it might as well happen now, discuss general opinions on the show as a whole while remaining days go by...

JSUIQgEVDM4

CyberCubed
09-09-2017, 07:35 PM
It's not over until the fat lady sings.

It's weird how fast it went by though. I still remember the Nick shows debut way back in 2012....that really was 5 years ago though. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess the passage of time as an adult is different. To little kids who grew up with this show it probably felt like a long time for them.

Papenbrook
09-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Amen, neatoman. :cry:

May you rest in peace, 2k12 TMNT.

g46X7PglhSw

BYWInsaniac
09-09-2017, 09:20 PM
I can't believe it.

118 down, 6 to go.

CyberCubed
09-09-2017, 09:30 PM
At least it made 124 episodes. Yet another TMNT cartoon that made it over 100 episodes.

I never want to see a TMNT cartoon that ends at only 26 or 52-65 episodes. We are not DC or Marvel.

lonewarrior20
09-09-2017, 09:41 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-12-2015/AH0W90.gif

snake
09-10-2017, 12:06 AM
It was fun! The scheduling problems maybe have affected my opinion of the show, but we had a good run.

CyberCubed
09-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Yeah after the last eps air, I'm going to marathon all 124 episodes together over a few weeks so I can refresh my memory of the series and watch everything back to back. That way you see how the show changed and evolved, all the plotlines and character details you might have forgotten, etc.

I may even read the Nick comics IDW put out inbetween my rewatch to add more stories to the overall Nick canon.

DestronMirage22
09-10-2017, 01:12 AM
It was for the best.

Faster and Cheaper
09-10-2017, 03:09 AM
I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.

JH24
09-10-2017, 03:38 AM
@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?

Powder
09-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Just read their post history, they did exactly that in the episode review threads...

Faster and Cheaper
09-10-2017, 03:51 AM
@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?

I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode :).

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Edit: what the above poster said lol

JH24
09-10-2017, 04:06 AM
I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode :).

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Edit: what the above poster said lol

Thank you for the reply. I'm reading your post history like you and Powder suggested. Wow, it must be like a dream to have a chance working on a series you enjoy as a fan. To be part of a team and to see your work and that of your colleagues on television, and with so many people being able to see it.

In one of your posts you mentioned you've also worked on the finale and even know a bit about the story. I look forward to hear which scenes you've worked on after it has aired.

newfan
09-10-2017, 05:12 AM
I remember seeing 20 episodes listed for this season and thinking it still seems plenty but when it reaches 20, the extra 6 would feel like more a big deal. I want those extra episodes. :lol:

I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.

That's awsome

BubblyShell22
09-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Yep, it's sad that it's ending so soon, but it was definitely a good run and will be missed. I know that when that final episode airs, I will be crying tears of sadness that it's over and tears of joy that I was able to watch the whole series and stuck by it until the end.

Definitely need to get some of the DVDs I don't have because sooner or later, you won't be able to find them.

CyberCubed
09-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Depending on how the last few eps go, I'm glad that most of the shows plotlines and characters were wrapped up. Only a few minor things about some side characters seem to have no real resolution, but oh well. The 50 year timeskip likely means everyone is dead anyway.

909 Turtle Fan
09-10-2017, 09:11 PM
"The west is the best. The west IS THE best. Get here and we'll do the rest"
I really enjoyed this version of the turtle-boys. I'm very great-full for all the happy memories of watching this show with my daughters and everything else that came with the success of the show. Here's to hoping Rise is just as enjoyable :tsmile:

Vegita-San
09-10-2017, 09:43 PM
with what's been rumored to come next.. i can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this show and think 'we didn't know how good we had it then'..

I sure hope not..

Powder
09-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Considering most people here love the show, we know darn well how good we've had it.

CyberCubed
09-10-2017, 10:07 PM
with what's been rumored to come next.. i can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this show and think 'we didn't know how good we had it then'..

I sure hope not..

Go away, troll.

Shark_Blade
09-13-2017, 01:23 AM
So when's the blu ray? That's all I care about.

Korra had it all out long time ago.

IndigoErth
09-13-2017, 10:17 AM
:tsad: Been good, but it's gone too fast. Still wish they'd pull a fast one on us and just age them up (as they sound to do a bit here in the end - though I'm trying to avoid seeing much info), turn it 2D if they want, and continue from there. Rather than... whatever it is that it sounds like they're planning next.

That said... so what schedule posted somewhere is reliable exactly?

I don't want to miss them if possible, but if it's jumping channels, random days and times and being confusing about it, that isn't helping. :ohwell: Had seen the preview for the next, but I think they had said "two weeks" (or at least what I caught) rather than an actual date and time. *sigh*

Leofan26
09-14-2017, 12:47 PM
It was an ok show, don't diss me for saying this but I preferred the 4kids version to this, it in my opinion was darker and while I didn't like what they did to Shredder in that series I did like the fights between him and the turtles better. The storyline between Leo and Karai was pretty cool too and I liked the relationships better.

With that being said, I will miss this show and probaly won't be checking out the next one, sounds too Teen Titans Go for my liking.

drag0nfeathers
09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
This thread is making me sad... I don't want this show to end despite a lot of the scheduling issues and writing flaws it's had here and there, this was still probably one of my favorite adaptations of the turtles. It's a bummer it had to end so soon.

I pray that they do something decent in the next reincarnation and it's not like Teen Titans GO like many are speculating. There is a difference between something being geared more towards a younger audience and being geared to a stupid audience.

I keep having the "Michael Bay" conversation in my head. That is, if I get myself stuck on the idea that it will be awful then maybe I won't be as disappointed when the time comes. :tlol:

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Can't believe the show only has 3 episodes left. Will definetly put down my full thoughts when I finish it.

Redworld96
09-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Yeah, we had all assumed the show was going to end late this year or january 2018, but then this happended and it has taken us all by surprise :ohwell:

IndigoErth
09-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Three? I have no idea what anyone is even talking about. Did they magically air a bunch I missed when it was supposedly on hiatus? What have they done to ruin the schedule.

Or is it the discs other threads are discussing that have been seen and now assumed only 3?

Mind letting me in on how many are actually still to be on tv...?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
The crossover and the monster Arcs (7 episodes in total) haven't been aired on tv yet but are on DVD so many people have already watched them.

The only episodes not released in any way are the final 3 episodes of "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse"

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 07:04 PM
I kinda wish this final season got a full 26 episodes instead of 20. Just imagine what they could have done with 6 more episodes. I imagine the Usagi arc would have been a 4-parter at least, so they'd still have 5 eps left over for anything else.

With another 5 episodes we would have gotten 1 more arc of something, then one more standalone episode.

IndigoErth
09-14-2017, 07:24 PM
The crossover and the monster Arcs (7 episodes in total) haven't been aired on tv yet but are on DVD so many people have already watched them.

The only episodes not released in any way are the final 3 episodes of "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse"
Alight, so as far as tv goes we still have all the eps after "Lone Rat and Cubs" still to go, right? Thank you.

Honestly, I'm surprised they released the discs already... They kind of ruined the fun of discussing it for those of us that are waiting for tv airing. :( Not to mention the risk of spoilers. You guys are pretty good about it here and putting warnings in thread titles, but trying not to see nearly unavoidable images elsewhere (such as DevientArt) sucks. Why you do this, Nick. :ohwell: They just really want it over with, don't they...

Wish Nick had their own tv schedule posted online via their site. It would help since it seems like they're just showing these now on just any day and time, and channel.

Vegita-San
09-14-2017, 07:26 PM
TV Ratings just don't mean as much anymore these days, especially when your show is on it's last legs....better to get dvd sales first I guess...

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 07:30 PM
TV Ratings just don't mean as much anymore these days, especially when your show is on it's last legs....better to get dvd sales first I guess...

DVD sales aren't going to make a difference, people watch TV online now.

newfan
09-15-2017, 01:09 AM
I also want the extra eps, (26 and not 20) kind of made it harder for the writers to wrap everyone up with less. Arcs could have been less crammed (some of them) giving more time to the characters involved. Course I'd like a whole season extra ... but 26 eps in this season like the others wasn't an unreasonable thing to want.

Honestly, I'm surprised they released the discs already... They kind of ruined the fun of discussing it for those of us that are waiting for TV airing. Not to mention the risk of spoilers. You guys are pretty good about it here and putting warnings in thread titles, but trying not to see nearly unavoidable images elsewhere (such as DevientArt) sucks. Why you do this, Nick. They just really want it over with, don't they...

I feel the same, they just suddenly messed up the end of it and it will all be over in a week.

BubblyShell22
09-15-2017, 08:53 AM
I know. Just saw the trailer for the apocalypse arc, and it's weird to say the least. The voices even sound deeper than normal and Raph sounds kind of gravelly which threw me off when I watched it. Still can't wait to see how this all plays out though I think they're going to air the crossover eps as the finale since it will be more lighthearted than the apocalypse arc.

Krutch
09-15-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm still only halfway through season 4 at the moment (this space stuff is really dragging) but I'm happy the show got a good run. 5 seasons is solid stuff. I tip the hat to the series.

CyberCubed
09-15-2017, 12:40 PM
This will be the third saddest day of my life.

- The first saddest day of my life was 1996 when I was a 10 year old kid and the original cartoon ended.

- The second saddest day of my life was 2009 when I was a 20 something year old and the 2k3 series ended.

- The third saddest day of my life will be September 2017 when the final 3 episodes of the Nick cartoon airs.

It seems like a part of me dies everytime a TMNT cartoon comes to an end. Especially since all 3 aired at different stages of my life, (I was a kid during the original cartoon era, a teenager and early 20 year old in the 2k3 series era, and now late 20's to early 30's for the Nick era).

My entire life force relates to TMNT cartoons and their existence.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-15-2017, 12:42 PM

If only Peter Laird knew this, he might have kept writing Mirage Volume 4!

newfan
09-15-2017, 12:56 PM
This will be the third saddest day of my life.

- The first saddest day of my life was 1996 when I was a 10 year old kid and the original cartoon ended.

- The second saddest day of my life was 2009 when I was a 20 something year old and the 2k3 series ended.

- The third saddest day of my life will be September 2017 when the final 3 episodes of the Nick cartoon airs.

It seems like a part of me dies everytime a TMNT cartoon comes to an end. Especially since all 3 aired at different stages of my life, (I was a kid during the original cartoon era, a teenager and early 20 year old in the 2k3 series era, and now late 20's to early 30's for the Nick era).

I'm not sure if the next one will go on your list or not...but you may still be in your 30's if it does.
My saddest days have come from other things but I am sad to see the current show go :)

BubblyShell22
09-16-2017, 08:41 AM
I can think of sadder things than a cartoon ending though it will be bittersweet to me. At least we have another show coming out afterwards so it's not like this will be the end and then they'll be gone for years like what happened after the original cartoon ended.

ToTheNines
09-16-2017, 08:47 AM
If only Peter Laird knew this, he might have kept writing Mirage Volume 4!

Fun fact: Peter Laird stopped writing volume 4 in an attempt to kill cybercubed. He will resume work on the title if cubed ceases posting on Internet forums.

Vegita-San
09-16-2017, 10:45 AM
i'm ready for this one to end..and i hope the next one will be a bit more cohesive in what it wants to be...should be more rewarding that way.

newfan
09-16-2017, 10:53 AM
i'm ready for this one to end..and i hope the next one will be a bit more cohesive in what it wants to be...should be more rewarding that way.

I'm feeling stubborn about the new show, course I'll take a look at it but I can't imagine I'll like it as much.

snake
09-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Eh. I'm so burnt out from the sporadic airing that I've gotten over the show ending awhile ago. I'm really looking forward to watching it as a whole and looking at the big picture.

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm going to marathon the entire show in about 2 weeks or however long it takes me after it ends.

Tarris Vaal
09-16-2017, 12:26 PM
This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3 and very little in TMNT07. This show really piqued my interest and grabbed me.

Its had ups and downs, and I have hated that its so often had to drop good or interesting plot hooks because of time restraints or inconsistent writing, but I have really enjoyed it. Its easily the reason I've gotten back into the turtles fandom after years away from it.

I've loved that this show made the effort (however shakily at times) to really expand on its characters - making each so much more than a singular gimmick and really drawing us in with the dynamics of the group. Not merely within the main cast, but within the villains as well. I love the Nick version of Shredder and his internal conflicts, I've thoroughly enjoyed Karai's arc and its been a pleasure to 'get to know' the characters like Fishface and Rahzar as more than just comic incompetent henchmen. In fact, its been awesome that almost nothing has been an 'incompetent' henchmen and the show has kept a sense of threat throughout!

So my thanks to the writing team - to Ciro and Brandon for putting up with the fans gripes and relentless speculating - and giving us a brilliantly rounded Turtles that I feel will be sorely missed in the years coming.

And on a similar note, my thanks also to the Drome members who have made the show that much more interesting with their thoughts and views - however much I have disagreed with them on occasion. Special thanks to Reddy as well for allowing those of us struggling to watch the newer eps to keep up! To you especially I say;

Farewell and adieu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpmv_zOa0k)

Thanks guys, looking forward to rolling out the last of the series with you!

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 12:37 PM
This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3

Why is that, exactly?

Tarris Vaal
09-16-2017, 12:59 PM
To be honest I think it was a combination of music and design. I have since given it another chance and I have found some episodes I do like. But mostly I find its just not for me :)

newfan
09-16-2017, 01:09 PM
This was easily one of the best iterations for me - I had no interest in 2k3 and very little in TMNT07. This show really piqued my interest and grabbed me.

Its had ups and downs, and I have hated that its so often had to drop good or interesting plot hooks because of time restraints or inconsistent writing, but I have really enjoyed it. Its easily the reason I've gotten back into the turtles fandom after years away from it.

I've loved that this show made the effort (however shakily at times) to really expand on its characters - making each so much more than a singular gimmick and really drawing us in with the dynamics of the group. Not merely within the main cast, but within the villains as well. I love the Nick version of Shredder and his internal conflicts, I've thoroughly enjoyed Karai's arc and its been a pleasure to 'get to know' the characters like Fishface and Rahzar as more than just comic incompetent henchmen. In fact, its been awesome that almost nothing has been an 'incompetent' henchmen and the show has kept a sense of threat throughout!

So my thanks to the writing team - to Ciro and Brandon for putting up with the fans gripes and relentless speculating - and giving us a brilliantly rounded Turtles that I feel will be sorely missed in the years coming.

And on a similar note, my thanks also to the Drome members who have made the show that much more interesting with their thoughts and views - however much I have disagreed with them on occasion. Special thanks to Reddy as well for allowing those of us struggling to watch the newer eps to keep up! To you especially I say;

Farewell and adieu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpmv_zOa0k)

Thanks guys, looking forward to rolling out the last of the series with you!

What a nice send off to the show.
I too loved Karai's story (not all of how they played it out) even though she wasn't one of the main characters she was a strong one with significance.
I wish I hadn't only discovered this show last spring, it's still new to me even though I've seen all the seasons.

Just sometimes, this Shredder has reminded me of Darth Vader, has anyone else felt that or is it just me?

asfaloth12
09-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Wow...I can't believe it's almost over. This show started at the beginning of my Internal Medicine Residency. I remember being in the call room on some Sunday mornings on my inpatient rotation (there was a TV in there) if I was lucky enough to have downtime in the morning, crossing my fingers and hoping that nobody would page me until the episode was over. And now it's ending.... after my subsequent fellowship has ended and my training has been completed :o

It's been a great ride. This show is now one of my favorite incarnations of TMNT (and it battles with the 2003 series and the 1990 movie for my #1 favorite). When it began, I was not expecting to like it so much, but it has been so much fun. This may very well be my favorite Splinter (fantastic performance by Hoon Lee); and perhaps my favorite Shredder as well (Kevin Michael Richardson, you are awesome). Loved Karai's arc (great job, Kelly Hu!). The turtle designs are great (only rivaled by the CGI movie designs). All four turtles are adorable, and I loved each of their personalities; We were lucky to have such talented actors voicing them, too! (including Samwise himself, Sean Astin!). And who could forget Ice Cream Kitty?

I have to be honest; I'm not too enthused about the finale, from what the clips have shown us so far. That said, I would be thrilled to be wrong.
Luckily, there has not been an episode that I've truly disliked in this series (even the more "meh" episodes were still enjoyable). Worst case scenario: if the finale sucks, there will be only 3 episodes out of all 5 seasons that I truly dislike. Which is far better than many shows I've watched. In that case, I'll be disappointed since this series deserves a kick-ass finale...but then, I'll shrug my shoulders, be grateful for the many good episodes we got, proceed to pretend the finale never existed, and go back and enjoy the rest of the series again :)

Leolead
09-18-2017, 01:10 AM
It's not over until the fat lady sings.

It's weird how fast it went by though. I still remember the Nick shows debut way back in 2012....that really was 5 years ago though. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess the passage of time as an adult is different. To little kids who grew up with this show it probably felt like a long time for them.
Yup, it certainly did feel like a longtime for me haha. I loved the show. Sad to see it go.

SwiftNinjaFox
09-18-2017, 08:33 AM
The first 2 seasons were released on bluray. Anyone heard word on the rest being planned for collected sets?

Sabacooza
09-18-2017, 09:09 AM
The first 2 seasons were released on bluray.Since when?

shredder orokusaki
09-19-2017, 02:57 AM
That was the best show for me! Finaly i killed Splinter !! Cant wait to kill him again!!

Shark_Blade
09-19-2017, 04:18 AM
That was the best show for me! Finaly i killed Splinter !! Cant wait to kill him again!!

Yes, that's what we call overkill.

The first 2 seasons were released on bluray. Anyone heard word on the rest being planned for collected sets?

What? When?? Where? How come no promo? :-?

shredder orokusaki
09-19-2017, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;1715588]Yes, that's what we call overkill.

Yes that overkill. It will be another Splinter since this one is dead . I will kill Splinters in all universes!!!

newfan
09-19-2017, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Shark_Blade;1715588]Yes, that's what we call overkill.

Yes that overkill. It will be another Splinter since this one is dead . I will kill Splinters in all universes!!!

Well not in the next show.... seen as there's no Shredder, apparently.

SwiftNinjaFox
09-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Since when?

Woops, sorry, DVD!

Still, DVD or Bluray doesn't bother me much either way. I just want the full series released in season bundles or a complete series bundle to own the show.

I was really hoping the renewed popularity would spur the 2k3 series to get a series release, but... :(

CyberCubed
09-19-2017, 03:28 PM
I fully expect the Nick cartoon to get blu-ray sets after the last few DVDs come out finish off Season 5.

They're likely waiting to make money off these cheap DVD releases before they go blu-ray. Once you go HD you never go back.

Chris
09-22-2017, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=shredder orokusaki;1715696]

Well not in the next show.... seen as there's no Shredder, apparently.

There's not?! Wow, I missed that bit of news!

Shellington
09-23-2017, 04:34 AM
it's been a fun and interesting run. Godspeed, and Booyakasha.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Watched the final episodes. A part of me has died today. I will never be the same again.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Someone ask Ciro whether the ICK music video is actually the afterlife, with everyone living happily after.

neatoman
09-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Watched the final episodes. A part of me has died today. I will never be the same again.

Why? It felt more weird than sad to me.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 03:44 PM
A part of me dies every time a TMNT cartoon ends in general. I felt the same back in 1996 for the original series, and again in 2009 for the 2k3 series. And now in 2017.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 03:49 PM
By this rate, I'd be concerned for your health by the time the 2018 show ends :lol:

ZariusTwo
09-23-2017, 04:04 PM

You're supposed to say this after you get married

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 04:55 PM
A part of me dies every time a TMNT cartoon ends in general. I felt the same back in 1996 for the original series, and again in 2009 for the 2k3 series. And now in 2017.I kind of see your point. While a part of me hasn't died, I do feel a bit empty, maybe a tad depressed oddly enough. I didn't think I would care. I was wrong.

newfan
09-23-2017, 04:59 PM
I kind of see your point. While a part of me hasn't died, I do feel a bit empty, maybe a tad depressed oddly enough.

Not gonna lie, I'm sad today. (not to the point of part of me dying though)

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 05:01 PM
The 2012 series had a good run, sadly, we will never see another series like it in the foreseeable future.

With Nickelodeon's planned 2018 series being 2D animated, and family friendly, many of the big story arcs won't be happening with this iteration.

ZariusTwo
09-24-2017, 02:02 AM
With Nickelodeon's planned 2018 series being 2D animated, and family friendly, many of the big story arcs won't be happening with this iteration.

Kind of glad about that actually

I outgrew being an edgelord ages ago so I never took to some of it.

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 05:11 AM
Kind of glad about that actually

I outgrew being an edgelord ages ago so I never took to some of it.

This, in itself, is a pretty edgelordy post.

"I'm way too mature for Return to New York! And City at War is for babies." *pops in The Great Boldini*

NYShell
09-24-2017, 09:29 AM
I haven't kept up with the Nick show since the Super Shredder episode. As much as I didn't like anything Nick was doing with this show, or anything for the franchise in general, I also feel some type of faint sadness. I wished I kept up with it, so I could've seen the finale live. I'll have rewatch it some time this week. Every time something begins and ends with the Turtles, especially a series, it makes be reminisce and think about how it all began. And where the Turtles are going next.

ZariusTwo
09-24-2017, 09:43 AM
This, in itself, is a pretty edgelordy post.

"I'm way too mature for Return to New York! And City at War is for babies." *pops in The Great Boldini*

Hey, "Mr. Ogg Comes To Town" is my kind of intense s*it:)

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Hey, "Mr. Ogg Comes To Town" is my kind of intense s*it:)

Haha, I personally think it gets a bad rap.

IndigoErth
09-24-2017, 03:54 PM
I kind of see your point. While a part of me hasn't died, I do feel a bit empty, maybe a tad depressed oddly enough. I didn't think I would care. I was wrong.
Not gonna lie, I'm sad today. (not to the point of part of me dying though)
Me too. I haven't even yet seen the rest that will still air on tv, but knowing this was supposedly intended as the finale... ugh, it's like vaguely morning a death or something like that. :ohwell:

Sabacooza
09-24-2017, 04:34 PM
Me too. I haven't even yet seen the rest that will still air on tv, but knowing this was supposedly intended as the finale... ugh, it's like vaguely morning a death or something like that. :ohwell:Agreed. Seeing them all young again at the end of the finale killed me. Not at first but the more I thought about how it could symbolize their death with them returning to Splinter that's when it got me. It would be cool to get some clarification on that from Ciro.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-24-2017, 04:42 PM
I haven't kept up with the Nick show since the Super Shredder episode.

Be lucky. You can rewatch it without all these breaks.

asfaloth12
09-24-2017, 05:17 PM
There's definitely sadness for me as well. I started watching this at the beginning of my residency. There are some fond memories of watching the Baxter Stockman episode while I was on call, hoping not to get paged.:lol: Now, the series is ending after my subsequent fellowship training has completed. Leo's journey to Sensei, in particular, has been very meaningful to me, with my training ending and starting practice as an unsupervised physician. I will miss this series. I got way too attached to these adorable little turtles (love their designs and their wonderful little personalities).
Despite my ...personal interpretation... of the Apocalypse finale, it is still sad, especially with it being the last episode made (and that shot of the young turtles with Splinter!). I also had trouble watching SAINW from the 2003 series in the past; just a very sad episode (and what the heck happened to the Donnie in that reality? Dead, I presume? Or something even worse?)