PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Apocalypse Speculation and wishlisting thread

Tarris Vaal
09-11-2017, 08:21 AM
I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist already but here we are -

In a vague attempt not to clog up the main discussion thread with what I sense will be a cloud of speculation and fan listing over what little we presently know of the last TMNT arc, please use this thread to put down your wild theories and discuss.

Please note that any and all posts here are pure speculation and should not be taken as certainties of any description.

So to get the ball rolling and for my own thoughts on how the last TMNT arc will go down then;

It will start off with Raph rescuing a convoy from bandits in a high speed chase. It will turn out that Raph is now a grizzled vigilante that protects innocents from the warlords and raiders that infest the apocalyptic 'badlands'. Possibly a Nightwatcher reference.

The chase will end with Raph finding a strange new mutant and its robotic protector. He'll recognise the robot as Don's creation and the new mutant will recognise him. Reasonably likely the new mutant girl will be called Venus because references.

We learn that 'Venus' is Don and Aprils daughter. We get an emotional series of played back clips via Metalhead 2.0 showing Don and April working on a terraforming machine to try and restore the world based on the Kraang tech from Series 1 but it doesn't work and can only be used as a weapon. We also learn that a masked Warlord learns of the tech and stole it, only later realising it needed a powerful psychic to control it. That warlord came back for April and Don and April died in the confrontation.

We learn that 'Venus' has inherited April's psychic power and that Don built the robot to protect her. We also learn that the warlord knows about her and thats why the bandits were chasing them. She tells him Dons device can also be used to save the world by restoring the old one (or something equally cryptic) and mentions the Fugitoid.

Raph grudgingly agrees to help protect her and get them to the device

We'll get some background info that the world went to hell after the turtles failed to stop some cataclysmic event. We learn that Raph blames himself for what happened, and that it was something he did/didn't do that destroyed the world they knew. We learn Mikey didn't make it during the battle and that Leo and Raph got into an argument and left in the years following. We meet an aged Casey who is now a kick ass badlands mechanic and perhaps his teenage daughter Shadow because references (Karais daughter as well? Why not?)

Chase scene with the bandits, leading to being 'rescued' and arrested by the EPF remnant led by Leo. Leo initially unimpressed with their story and explains that its his job to make sure the Warlord cant use the weapon. He is pressured into 'dealing with' the girl by his commanding officers. Leo can't do it and allows them to escape.

Final race to the secret device. Its revealed its a time travel device, able to make a jump back in time to before the cataclysm, but if they use it they erase their current timeline and Venus ceases to exist completely. However she is the only one who can use it.
Raiders arrive and attack, the Warlord is revealed to be a bitter and vengeful Mikey, Leo and the EPF make a last minute rescue and fight the bandits while Raph and Donbot hold off the Raiders long enough for 'Venus' to activate the machine. Leo and Raph reconcile in battle and we get some emotional fairwells (probably including a Terminator 2 reference as Donbot is destroyed protecting Venus). Evil Mikey turns out to be a truly tragic Mikey and we get a emotional gut punch as he and Leo reconcile even as they kill each other.

Raph is sent back in time and appears back in NYC before the cataclysm. He recovers quick enough to stop himself from doing/not doing the mistake he initially made and status quo is restored.

Last minute wrapping up with strong implications of April and Don getting together in the long term; Raph and Leo repairing their friendship and sticking together long term; and Mikey alive well and the heart of the group.

Happy endings all round, albeit that Venus no longer exists at all, Donbot died, etc, etc

Thats my theory on how it'll go down during Mutant Apocalypse. What is yours? :)

NikitaZhukov
09-11-2017, 09:00 AM
I suppose the villain is Verminator X.

newfan
09-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it :)

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.

ToTheNines
09-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Thanks for creating this, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.
I don't think I can come up with a whole plot like that without taking more time to think about it :)

Raph may have something to do with the apocalypse starting or advancing given the title, I can see there being a separation/bad blood between Raph and Leo as that fits those two.
I hope I don't see Karai with Casey, Sadly I see her as dead and that forming part of Leo's pain. Maybe Raph caused it, adding to their feud? that's a bit stretched though.
As for the end, we may see them or almost all of them die but I can't help but think it could be undone somehow.

I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 09:27 AM
I like your theory about Karai.

I think we will see Casey though. Ciro shared the Bodycount/Old Glory mask and I doubt that has anything to do with the FW 3-Parter.

Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c76a7e120949cc40bab30f61bef476a9/tumblr_inline_otpkfcQao51ttbhkz_500.jpg

newfan
09-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Yeah it is part of the final, you can see his mask in one of those colourscripts but no Casey though.

It's at the bottom of the picture.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/c76a7e120949cc40bab30f61bef476a9/tumblr_inline_otpkfcQao51ttbhkz_500.jpg

Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)

I have no strong feelings either way with Shini but I could see her as a white haired witch in a temple, helping with her magic maybe.

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (Casey)

I think Casey will appear in the final but I doubt he will survive till the end though.

Tarris Vaal
09-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Well Casey would be at worst around 68 - which makes him old, but not too old to still be marching around trying to fight (even if old age is catching up on him).

I think it'd be cool to see him at a grizzled old fighter grumbling at the rigours of age. Kinda like Whistler in the old Blade movies.

And yeah, Karai dying as a result of Raph's actions (unintentional or not) would be a great way to help drive Raph and Leo apart.

I suspect that everyone will 'die' in the finale one way or another, but it will be retconned so that the timeline never happened in the first place (see the original time travel theory in my first post)

newfan
09-11-2017, 09:57 AM
I think Casey will appear in the final but I doubt he will survive till the end though.

Actually, that may work better.

Edit: Imagine time was reset right back in the end, like to the beginning of the show, so it leaves you thinking it starts over again (but maybe in slightly different direction) ...but that wouldn't be a good ending.

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 10:09 AM
The only characters I can't see appearing in the final are Letherhead and Slash. I think they would of died a along time ago.

Obviously Kirby won't be in the final either.

Sabacooza
09-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Maybe part of Raph's pain, he lost his buddy in battle (CaseyThat would be cool but you'd never know that since they were never buddies in this series. However, maybe during those 50 years they did become buddies.

Did anyone ever take into consideration that maybe this is all just a tall tale that maybe Raph or one of the others is telling? Just a thought.

newfan
09-11-2017, 10:18 AM
The only characters I can't see appearing in the final are Letherhead and Slash. I think they would of died a along time ago.

Obviously Kirby won't be in the final either.

Oh, what about Chompy?

Tarris Vaal
09-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Quoted from Sabacooza
Did anyone ever take into consideration that maybe this is all just a tall tale that maybe Raph or one of the others is telling? Just a thought.

Interesting thought - though I wouldnt have considered Raph the type to come up with something like that. Perhaps as a hallucination brought on by bad pizza and too many movies?

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Oh, what about Chompy?

I expect he will still be alive and he may appear, unless he got too big and Bishop took him back to his Mum.

I hope Ice Cream Kitty is alive and will appear.

neatoman
09-11-2017, 10:26 AM
What I hope: It's a natural ending that brings closure to series and the Mad Max homage makes perfect sense.

What I actually expect: A weird finale that just happened because the writers didn't know how to end it or if they were gonna get more seasons, so they made this just because they wanted to even it makes little to no sense having the show end like this. At least it'll be somewhat fun.

Sabacooza
09-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Interesting thought - though I wouldnt have considered Raph the type to come up with something like that. Perhaps as a hallucination brought on by bad pizza and too many movies? Could've been watching something like Mad Max and then fell asleep and had a dream about it. I can also imagine Raph telling a tall tale about how big and strong he was or being so manly he even had facial hair. It could explain the weirdness either way if it's a dream or an embellished story.

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 10:27 AM

As this final seems to focus on Raph, I expect he could be a narrator. Maybe he would talk about what has happened to the world and what happened to his family and friends, that sort of thing.

What I actually expect: A weird finale that just happened because the writers didn't know how to end it or if they were gonna get more seasons, so they made this just because they wanted to even it makes little to no sense having the show end like this. At least it'll be somewhat fun.

Actually Ciro said he did this final so no one can change it, just in case Nickelodeon decide to go back to this version with someone else doing it.

newfan
09-11-2017, 10:31 AM
I expect he will still be alive and he may appear, unless he got too big and Bishop took him back to his Mum.

Unless he grows slowly, I could just see that fierce looking Raph riding on a fierce fire breathing Chompy.

That would be cool but you'd never know that since they were never buddies in this series. However, maybe during those 50 years they did become buddies.

I thought they kinda were, I suppose not besties but more so than Casey and the other turtles anyway.

Redworld96
09-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Someone on Tumblr underscored that, in an interview to Kevin Eastman made this last April, someone asked him if he would ever create children of the turtles, human-mutant hybrids and he answered that he didn't want to say anything because it was kinda of spoilers and he can't say a word, but he warned that we should keep our eyes peeled because we might see some.
Maybe he was talking about the finale arc of tmnt 2012.
In that case maybe we can see descendants of the turtles.

This is the interview, and that part is in the minute 38:20 of the video.
eDb9W4Oj_VE

ToTheNines
09-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Well Casey would be at worst around 68 - which makes him old, but not too old to still be marching around trying to fight (even if old age is catching up on him).

If it's a hard 50 years in the future, he's more like 71.

Tarris Vaal
09-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Well that is an interesting response to that question.

Still does leave it open to human / mutant hybrids (which is kind of odd anyway as a mutant IS a human/something hybrid). Quarter mutant? Mutantoid? Mutantish?

Anyway....

That could also potentially be referring to IDW or even the new 2018. Though I have to admit I'm playing devils advocate a bit here.

Oh and Reddy - just saw your blog post. Yes. Yes that picture is exactly how I feel right now.

Redworld96
09-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Oh and Reddy - just saw your blog post. Yes. Yes that picture is exactly how I feel right now.

:lol::lol: You should put that picture in your OP of this thread

victory_angel
09-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Here is what I believe may happen...or rather hope could happen.

Raph shows up at a bar or someplace where some mutant buddies are hanging out. And here he begins the story of the last mission he ever shared with his brothers.

We are given some description of what happened in the past, that Donnie and April had a daughter. But with the birth of his daughter, (and the fact the Foot Clan and any major threats to the city were no longer a problem) he retires from being a Ninja goes to live in the farm house. He still practices ninjitsu and teaches it to his daughter as she grows up.

Leo goes to visit Japan with Karai while Shini is left in charge of the Foot Clan. Without his two more 'annoying brothers' gone, that left only Raph and Mikey. But Raph in time grows bored with all the peace and sanctity and will go out as a vigilante named the Night Watcher.

One day the Turtles are having a family meet up at the farm house when Verminator Rex appears and says he's come for them.

Mikey protests on leaving Donnie and April behind, but Leo understands and tells his brother they will return for them. The group of them take off when they see an explosion in the distance. Leo stops the van and seemingly knows that something horrible has happened. He then tells Raph to just take their niece and continue on. He and Mikey would go help Donnie.

They arrive and find most of the farm house destroyed, April missing and Donnie more dead than alive. Scene shifts to the lair where the Fugitoid (who had some how been recovered from space and was rebuilt on earth) comes out and explains that he has done what he could to save Donatello with the limited primitive technology on Earth. Or maybe Frank since Renet says she was taking him into the future where he would be appriciated. Reveals that Donnie has been augmented into a cyborg. (Maybe have a Darth Vador reference where Donnie responds that April is gone and Donnie yells : Noooo!!!! Or idw reference where he wakes up and yells "what did you do to me?"

April, on the other hand, is in Verminator Rex's clutches, but he finds that even with her powers forced to the maximum she isn't strong enough to achieve what he wants. Either that or he requires another psychic to complete his plan. He then comes to the conclusion the child may be the key.

Years pass, Raph is still on the run with his niece while Verminator Rex is searching for her. He also picks up Casey along the way. Casey befriends Donnie and April's child and she comes to think of him as a second father. Casey nicknames her "DD" as short for Donnie's Daughter. Raph sees Casey interacting with the child and says that he's being a bad influence.

The group are attacked by a group of goons working for Verminator Rex who come for the child. This is where DD reveals she has psychic powers but faints soon after. Raph is suprised because he got the feeling that her powers were stronger then Aprils and that puts her in more danger.

The turtles get in touch with their brother and arrange to meet up with them. The turtles race across the land in the Terrorpin, Donnie's latest invention. However verminator rex and his forces follow after them and obtain the child. The turtles arrive but Verminator Rex appears to capture DD so that she could be used to put his plan into action. Cyborg Donnie comes out and says he will never let him touch his daughter.

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Here's my idea

It starts off with a flashback, we see that Donnie and April are together and have a daughter. Raph and Mona Lisa are still together and have a kid.Leo and Mikey and everyone else is doing fine.

Another flashback

Then we see how the Apocalypse starts, the moon is destroyed, more mutants about ect, possible caused by the Kraang. Some of Turtles friends are killed (some of the Mutanimals, Shinigami ect) when debris from the Moon hit New York and it ends up in ruins. The lair is a bit damaged but still livable.

Another flashback

The Apocalypse has caused unrest so everyone is fighting everyone for survival, and gangs start forming. The Turtles, Casey, Karai, April, Mona Lisa and any friends left alive, try to help stop the unrest. But a gang led by Verminator Rex causes problems for the Turtles and he wants them and there friends dead.

Verminator Rex and his gang attack the Turtles and there friends, Killing Raph's kid and Mona Lisa, Casey and Karai. Donnie is badly injured. Mikey, Leo, Raph and April are also hurt but not badly. They contact Bishop to help Donnie. Donnie has to have a major operation and has to have his body parts including his shell replaced using Metalhead parts.

Raphs and Leo's relationship has become sour and they argue alot. Raph wants revenge and Leo doesn't. Raph quits and goes off on his own.

Cut to present, which will be like 10+ years later

Raph and his new buddies are fighting some of Verminator Rex gang. He hasn't spoken to his brothers in years.

We then see Cyborg Donnie and his kid out and about, they are searching for Raph because Leo want's him back because he's dying. Mikey and April are looking after him. They have a new home now and they are living with other mutants. Mikey is a leader of a defending team of mutants, he has lost an arm but Donnie has built him robot arm.

Donnie tracks Raph down and Donnie tells him he's needed back because Leo is ill and dying. But then they are attack by Verminator Rex's gang. Donnie's
tells his kid to run get help but Donnie then realises Verminator Rex is tracking his kid.

Donnie's kid arrives home and tells everyone that they need help. Mikey's defending team are about to go help but then. Verminator Rex and his gang arrive and attack there home and start killing people.

They start to flee, Leo demands that Mikey leaves him behind because he's dying but Mikey refuses stating that no turtle is left behind. Donnie and Raph (and his new buddies) arrive to help, they have a short reunion but have to leave there 2nd home.

Then the big vehicle chase happens (like Mad Max) Verminator Rex is killed. The celebration is short lived because Leo is dying. Raph and Leo have a heart 2 heart moment.

Leo sadly dies peacefully (watching the sun rise) with his brothers (April and her kid is there too) around him.

We then see Leo reunite with Splinter. Karai (and everyone else who died) are seen in the background.

Splinter tells Leo that his brothers will be ok.

The end :cry:

DestronMirage22
09-11-2017, 02:04 PM
I speculate that many fans will expect some kind of good ending that wraps up character arcs and provides a satisfying end to the series.
But what they'll actually get will be disappointment brought by a finale that does none of those things.

Who wants to bet that I'm right? :lol:

newfan
09-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Awh I hope there won't be a dead Leo. I already have Karai dead ,no turtles too :( (unless it's changeable)

CyberCubed
09-11-2017, 02:33 PM
I speculate that many fans will expect some kind of good ending that wraps up character arcs and provides a satisfying end to the series.
But what they'll actually get will be disappointment brought by a finale that does none of those things.

Who wants to bet that I'm right? :lol:

I imagine it'll be a decent enough ending, given it takes place 50 years ahead of time. In terms of the present timeline, they pretty much wrapped up all the major stories they were doing. There's some minor character stuff never revisited, but I guess it doesn't matter.

And as said since we're skipping 50 years ahead, most of these characters will either be dead or very old anyway.

JH24
09-11-2017, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping they'll keep the finale simple. No time travel to restore things in the end, no aliens, no Kraang...

Just a story about survival in a desperate and lawless world.

BubblyShell22
09-11-2017, 04:44 PM
The only thing I care about is that none of the Turtles die in the end, and if they do that it will be something that can be altered via time travel. I'm sure things will be wrapped up nicely though and that we'll get the send-off this show deserves.

I do think Leo and Raph will be at odds and trying to resolve things upon Raph's return. Raph being the cause of the whole mess also makes sense. Donnie will be trying to protect his child from enemies and Mikey will be somewhere, though I don't really have any theory as to what he's doing though he may be wondering where his brothers are.

All of them reunite to stop Verminator Rex and possibly the Kraang and do so at a great cost. Raph realizes he can change this and does so to make sure this possible future doesn't happen.

CyberCubed
09-11-2017, 05:04 PM
If you've seen how Ciro ended the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, basically ending on a weird random episode of Terra returning without an explanation and with memory loss, and then Beast Boy chasing after her....you'd know Ciro ends his shows very strangely.

matteso586
09-11-2017, 06:45 PM
My prediction for returning characters that will make an appearance.

Apocalyptic future: Snakeweed, Creepweed, the Utrom High Council, Mutagen Man, Fugitoid, Metalhead, Ice Cream Kitty, and Spy Roach (possibly as a descendant).

Present: Mighty Mutanimals, Bishop, EPF, Sir Malachi, Muckman, Joe Eyeball, Alopex, Punk Frogs, and Jack Kurtzman.

My reason for adding these characters in the apocalyptic future? Most of them are basically immortal. Donnie did say that Mutagen Man will eventually thaw out. If future Raph wants to prevent the apocalyptic event from happening, he might need Fugitoid's help. And besides, how long can a plant-human hybrid possibly live? BTW, I actually don't know if Ice Cream Kitty can still age or not.

Powder
09-11-2017, 06:47 PM
No real wishes, just eager to see Ciro's vision of their adulthood.

My only prediction is that the mystery turtle with blue eyes & yellow clothing accents is a mutated April (despite her alleged immunity).

Tarris Vaal
09-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Looking through Victory angels and Vicky's ideas, I'm intrigued to see they both start in (or heavily reference) the earlier pre apocalypse points in the story. I'd have thought it more likely we'd get only vague references and one or two key flashbacks (or call backs).

Its also interesting that so many have said they dont want turtles to die in the end (any of them). I'd have thought there'd be at least a couple of mirage fans hoping for a bittersweet end to the 4. Its why I was thinking it likely we'd get time travel or similar to allow both the future turtles to die, but the series to end with living characters with new unwritten futures.

Does anyone know if there is any concept art for Verminator X yet?

PApagreg
09-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Here's to hoping that Mikey is dead.

newfan
09-11-2017, 11:27 PM
I can see that most think the turtle looking child is Donnie and April's and I can see why (I also hope those of you who are Apritello shippers will have had something from this)
but it looks like a young child and April would be 66 by then. Unless she's ages slowly (Vicky has gone into this before), or the child is actually older than it looks...

Agreed about the deaths (Tarris Vaal) I don't think it's so much dead turtles that people are concerned about, I think we could likely see that, it's more them staying dead come the end that worries people (some of us).

I hope they show them along the way in flash backs, you know in their 20's so we see them as adults before they are older and battered up etc.

Tarris Vaal
09-12-2017, 04:56 AM
I'd be very surprised if we didn't get some flashback sequences - even if they are only to key events like how the world was 'destroyed' in the first place, any major losses prior to the story (such as the supposed or actual death of one of the brothers or another major character like Mona Lisa).

I don't expect we'd get a montage sequence like say the intro to Up, but I think its more likely we might get something similar to played back video sequences similar to Big hero 6, or short sharp flashbacks of regret like Mad Max:Fury Road.

If nothing else its an issue of time. The whole arc is only 3 episodes in total, so they have an hour of run time to play with - hour and half tops. In that time they have to basically completely reintroduce the world, old characters, new characters, explain what happened to missing characters, and tell a compelling - and preferably emotional - story.

Theres only so much that can be fit in to that kind of time scale. So I really doubt we'll get massive detail on the fates of individual characters.
I think its more likely we'll get introduced to a 'new version' of an existing character - say an Officer Leo for example (just spitballing), and we get only tiny mentions of what happened between him and Raph and the rest is just never talked about. Its just left for the fans to fill in the blanks.

The only pre existing characters I think we will get more detail of what happened to them will be Grizzly Raph and RoboDon. And thats only because the trailer seemed to focus on them, implying the story does to some degree as well.

Take Mad Max himself as an example - watching through Fury road, what information do you actually get about his background and who he is? Almost nothing. An implied failure in his past, indications he is a survivor and has fought 'wars' beforehand, but thats about it.

Id expect more in the case of the turtles simply because we - as viewers- knew them in events prior, so we naturally want to find out how they got from point a to point b. But I doubt we'll get much more than bare minimum to create emotional impact. Time simply doesnt allow for it.

newfan
09-12-2017, 05:17 AM
I had thought of that too, 3 22 minute episodes, it's not much time, wish they'd give us surprise 4th or make the Eps longer ☺ I have to keep remembering, kids show.

Tarris Vaal
09-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Well they may have made the episodes slightly longer than normal. I always kinda got the impression these eps were intended to be watched together like a TV movie rather than episodes - even more than usual.

I may well be proven wrong, but its been my only consistent complaint for the show that they never had enough time. It'd be nice to give themselves a little extra screen time to finish off the series :)

newfan
09-12-2017, 05:46 AM
Well they may have made the episodes slightly longer than normal. I always kinda got the impression these eps were intended to be watched together like a TV movie rather than episodes - even more than usual.

I may well be proven wrong, but its been my only consistent complaint for the show that they never had enough time. It'd be nice to give themselves a little extra screen time to finish off the series :)

I've found myself thinking the same at times, that some of the Eps could do with being longer. ☺ again, part of being a kids show.

neatoman
09-12-2017, 06:04 AM
If you've seen how Ciro ended the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, basically ending on a weird random episode of Terra returning without an explanation and with memory loss, and then Beast Boy chasing after her....you'd know Ciro ends his shows very strangely.

Which is another way of saying he has no idea what he's doing.

Although, even though he was involved with TT03, he's not credited as a showrunner. He's credited as a director of certain episodes but not the final one.

shredder orokusaki
09-12-2017, 06:28 AM
i with kavaxas and our demon army attacked and destroyed the world. The turtles couldnt find our demonic army! I WON! That what happend!!

shredder orokusaki
09-12-2017, 06:32 AM
The same thing happend in the 2003 series where i had conqured the world in the future and karai and april were old but karai was still my servant!

BubblyShell22
09-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Oh great, not this guy again!

Why can't you just stay dead already?

victory_angel
09-12-2017, 06:53 AM
I can certainly see them showing or at least explaining the birth of Donnie's daughter. The only probability is that she is a test tube baby, a cloned hybrid of Donnie and April since logically they would be physically in compatible.

But we have never really seen the turtles have offspring. The only one who has really been a daddy was Mikey and all we are told is the eggs are supposedly his.

And children for first time parents can be a scary concept. I could certainly see a flashback where Donnie is pacing back and forth in worry because he doesn't know what the child will be like or if he has what it takes to even be a father. I don't think the writers would be so cold as to say April died in child birth, but that is also a probability.

BubblyShell22
09-12-2017, 06:54 AM
I would say test tube baby or maybe they did some sort of IVF. Either way, this is still pretty cool if this is Donnie's kid.

JH24
09-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Each time I'm looking at that picture I can't help but think the little turtle/mutant has April's eyes.

oldmanwinters
09-12-2017, 09:11 AM
I can certainly see them showing or at least explaining the birth of Donnie's daughter. The only probability is that she is a test tube baby, a cloned hybrid of Donnie and April since logically they would be physically in compatible.

But we have never really seen the turtles have offspring. The only one who has really been a daddy was Mikey and all we are told is the eggs are supposedly his.

And children for first time parents can be a scary concept. I could certainly see a flashback where Donnie is pacing back and forth in worry because he doesn't know what the child will be like or if he has what it takes to even be a father. I don't think the writers would be so cold as to say April died in child birth, but that is also a probability.

You know, I was just thinking recently that instead of being a mutated April or an inexplicable Donnie-April offspring, that it could be some kind of clone or Donatello's idealized version of an April 2.0 (part turtle, heh). It would better explain why Donatello was keeping April's original star patch on himself as a memento.

newfan
09-12-2017, 09:17 AM
You know, I was just thinking recently that instead of being a mutated April or an inexplicable Donnie-April offspring, that it could be some kind of clone or Donatello's idealized version of an April 2.0 (part turtle, heh). It would better explain why Donatello was keeping April's original star patch on himself as a memento.

hmmm I don't think Donnie would change her, at least not intentionally.

..... maybe Leo or Mikey got hit with Mutagen after being in contact with a little girl and it's one of them.... just kidding, that would suck.

JH24
09-12-2017, 09:37 AM

It's an original theory, but I can't see Donnie do that either. He's already in love with her as she is as a human. And making a clone of April like this would be disrespecting her memory.

oldmanwinters
09-12-2017, 11:44 AM
It's an original theory, but I can't see Donnie do that either. He's already in love with her as she is as a human. And making a clone of April like this would be disrespecting her memory.

Maybe the clone was made by someone else and Donatello feels connected enough to her to protect her?

victory_angel
09-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Maybe the clone was made by someone else and Donatello feels connected enough to her to protect her?

So maybe Verminator Rex creates her using DNA from both April and Donnie.

Tarris Vaal
09-12-2017, 03:30 PM
She may not necessarily be a daughter - she could well be a mutant they've adopted, or just come across and are protecting.

I admit that given the manner Donbot was protecting her and the way Kevin Eastman answered the question in the interview (see vid earlier) I am very strongly inclined to think that is his daughter, but I dont want to jump to conclusions with such little evidence to go on.

A clone is another possibility, but I think its just simpler and more impactful for it to be their daughter. Anything else requires too much explanation. Yeah, a daughter would beg questions of 'how?! Genetically how???!' but the easy answer for the writers would be to just not answer it and leave the fans to figure it out.

To quote the great Jeff Goldblum - 'life finds a way'

Anyway - do we have any information on Verminator? Aside from his probable inclusion in this arc, do we know anything else about him?

victory_angel
09-12-2017, 03:40 PM
She may not necessarily be a daughter - she could well be a mutant they've adopted, or just come across and are protecting.

I admit that given the manner Donbot was protecting her and the way Kevin Eastman answered the question in the interview (see vid earlier) I am very strongly inclined to think that is his daughter, but I dont want to jump to conclusions with such little evidence to go on.

A clone is another possibility, but I think its just simpler and more impactful for it to be their daughter. Anything else requires too much explanation. Yeah, a daughter would beg questions of 'how?! Genetically how???!' but the easy answer for the writers would be to just not answer it and leave the fans to figure it out.

To quote the great Jeff Goldblum - 'life finds a way'

Anyway - do we have any information on Verminator? Aside from his probable inclusion in this arc, do we know anything else about him?

He is voiced by Nyanbe Nyanbe

Tarris Vaal
09-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Can't find him on IMDB. Does anyone know anything else he's done? Just wondering how well my 'Evil Mikey behind the mask' theory will hold up ;)

Powder
09-12-2017, 04:03 PM
That's 'cause she's got his name wrong. It's Nyambi, not Nyanbe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2148665/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

victory_angel
09-12-2017, 08:51 PM

I thought that was the case. I was typing it using my iPhone design a break at my convention job and was unable to look it up. Though my phones spell check does have some blame.

Storm Eagle
09-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Ah, Nyambi Nyambi. The guy from Mike & Molly.

Tarris Vaal
09-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Hmmmmm unsure (about my theory holding up).

Well I guess we'll have to wait to find out! I'm sure he'll do a good job with Verminator regardless :) I take it there isn't any concept art for him yet?

Overthinking hat on again -

Something that still doesn't add up for me is the timeline.

If we are jumping to the right conclusion that Mystery Mutant is indeed April/Dons kid... then that poses several problems in regards to timelines. Namely - if its accurate to say that the arc occurs 50yrs in the future, then April would have been really quite old to be having a child that is seemingly only in its teenage years.

If we presume that Mystery mutant is roughly 15 - 18 years old, then it would have been 35-32 years after the crossover story that April gave birth. Assuming April is still 16 during the crossover arc (which is itself being kinda generous - she ought to be 17-18 by now), then she would have been between 48-51 years old at least at the time.

Admittedly there is the mutant factor involved, but April is mostly human, so assuming she's fertile at all, then she'd be well past most womens ability to bear children reliably/safely. Not to mention that it would mean that she and Don were a couple for DECADES before having a child.

The numbers just dont add up to allow Mystery mutant to be their child, Unless, it is genetic engineering (again - a bit late in the day to be considering starting having children?)

The only exception to this I can think of (aside from the writing team just shrugging and doing it anyway), would be that Mystery mutant is their child, but she was born much earlier than the apocalypse arc storyline - only to be then placed into stasis. After all, the Kraang stasis pod from Buried secrets is still around and known to both Don and April - and using it would even set up opportunity for a potential Superman reference.

NikitaZhukov
09-13-2017, 07:05 AM
that poses several problems in regards to timelines.

I don't think creators of the show care.

BubblyShell22
09-13-2017, 07:24 AM
I would think maybe it's a test tube baby then if that's the case or that they did put the child in stasis to protect it because of the dangers out there.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 07:45 AM
I think this is important to share:

Yesterday Alan ,the director dub of TMNT 2012 in Latin Spanish made a Direct live and, alongside Bebop's voice actor, they were talking about the final arc and they thoughts

-Today they record the episodes in latin spanish

-They talk about the Apritello, and how it become canon (Alan is implying it's finally canon on the show)

- Casey Jones will be in the last episodes, and Alan said that we will see him in a way that we even can not imagine

-As that Alan Prieto (who makes the voice of Leo in Latin American dub) is the director of voices practically, he already saw the chapters

- He also said that he had many feelings found throughout the final arc

- According to Alan, he says that the end leaves many things unresolved, like the Timothy issue.

-He would have liked the final chapter to be “Lone Rat and Cubs” instead of the future arc. He says it suits more from his point of view.

-Is so confirmed that the final arc is in 50 years in the future

-He didn’t make a lot of spoilers because he didn’t want the Latin American fandom burn

-Also the voice of Bebop in Latin American dub , Gerardo Alonso,give his thoughts about it but with any spoilers

-And they were talking about how the turtles grow around the series to get to this point with any spoilers(they just are based on what has happened throughout the series)

-Apart he wants to direct the dub of TMNT 2018 series

CONCLUSION

So the last arc is very strong and practically we will see interesting things (as they are shown in the promo) and they consider that the end would have been “Lone Rat and cubs” because for his thoughts to see the series in those moments as everything arise

https://www.facebook.com/998276903634723/videos/1280574178738326/

victory_angel
09-13-2017, 07:51 AM
Actually April was 16 when she met the turtles so she would be 19 if not hitting 20 by now. That could be why she is supposedly living with the turtles now rather then living with her father.

There was talk from auman saying that even though the turtles are 50 years older, their aging process is slower so they would look like they are in their 40's. So if April and Donnie did have a child say when They are in their late twenties or early 30's the resulting child may still look like a teen even if she is over 20.

ToTheNines
09-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Actually April was 16 when she met the turtles so she would be 19 if not hitting 20 by now. That could be why she is supposedly living with the turtles now rather then living with her father.

There was talk from auman saying that even though the turtles are 50 years older, their aging process is slower so they would look like they are in their 40's. So if April and Donnie did have a child say when They are in their late twenties or early 30's the resulting child may still look like a teen even if she is over 20.

Yeah, by my count she's 19 (plus the 6 extra months she relived during the space arc).

newfan
09-13-2017, 08:06 AM
I always thought they remained the ages they were to start, even though time obvioulsy passes. Never really says.

Bishop123
09-13-2017, 08:15 AM
- According to Alan, he says that the end leaves many things unresolved, like the Timothy issue.

That's disappointing, but it is what it is, I guess.

Tarris Vaal
09-13-2017, 08:16 AM

-They talk about the Apritello, and how it become canon (Alan is implying it's finally canon on the show)

- Casey Jones will be in the last episodes, and Alan said that we will see him in a way that we even can not imagine

-As that Alan Prieto (who makes the voice of Leo in Latin American dub) is the director of voices practically, he already saw the chapters

-He would have liked the final chapter to be “Lone Rat and Cubs” instead of the future arc. He says it suits more from his point of view.

-He didn’t make a lot of spoilers because he didn’t want the Latin American fandom burn

-Also the voice of Bebop in Latin American dub , Gerardo Alonso,give his thoughts about it but with any spoilers

-And they were talking about how the turtles grow around the series to get to this point with any spoilers(they just are based on what has happened throughout the series)

CONCLUSION

So the last arc is very strong and practically we will see interesting things (as they are shown in the promo) and they consider that the end would have been “Lone Rat and cubs” because for his thoughts to see the series in those moments as everything arise

Really interesting :)

Im not surprised its left open ended though. Ciro did imply as much when he said about putting in something that couldn't be changed if someone came back to do more on the series - implying that they 'could' extend the series if desired.

I wonder what he meant by fandom burn? Are we to expect some controversy? (beyond the usual)

Glad to hear Casey is in the finale. I'd feel kinda bad for him otherwise.

It makes sense for Lone rat and cubs to be the last episode anyway - especially given that it was written by Eastman - but also just because it brings us back to the beginning of the show for a nice circular story.

JH24
09-13-2017, 08:58 AM
@ Redworld96

That's some really nice info. Thanks for sharing. :)

Nice to know about April and Donatello, and I'm glad to hear Casey is going to be in it.

"...he had many feelings found throughout the arc." Does this mean it's going to be an emotional final arc?

"Fandom burn." Ciro said there would be a lot of talk about the finale afterwards. There are definitely some surprises waiting for us.

If Alan Prieto (voice of Leo) saw the scripts/episodes, this hopefully confirms Leo is going to be in it.

Definitely adds more hype for me to this finale.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 09:05 AM
If Alan Prieto (voice of Leo) saw the scripts/episodes, this hopefully confirms Leo is going to be in it.

Not necessarily. He's the dub director too, so he had to see all the scripts. But I also hope Leo and Mikey appear

JH24
09-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Not necessary. He's the dub director too, so he had to see all the scripts. But I also hope Leo and Mikey appear

Ah, I missed that part. When I saw he did Leo's voice, I somehow skipped the rest of the sentence.

Hopefully the next trailer will show a bit more about Leo and Mikey. Even if they won't play a big role, I would love to see the entire team together one last time.

Also, thanks for sharing this info with us, Redworld96. I initially missed you posted this and credited someone else by mistake. Sorry about that.

newfan
09-13-2017, 09:13 AM
Not necessarily. He's the dub director too, so he had to see all the scripts. But I also hope Leo and Mikey appear

Wow, that previous post you did was fairly big, missed it as I was scrolling on my phone on here earlier.
So Casey is not as we know him? I wonder what became of him, other than an old man, with false fantastic teeth? :lol:
If someone is doing Leo's voice he must be in it.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Ah, I missed that part. When I saw he did Leo's voice, I somehow skipped the rest of the sentence.

Hopefully the next trailer will show a bit more about Leo and Mikey. Even if they won't play a big role, I would love to see the entire team together one last time.

Also, thanks for sharing this info with us, Redworld96. I initially missed you posted this and credited someone else by mistake. Sorry about that.

Dont worry. This summary was writtten by a mexican on tumblr. But since I watched that Direct live too, I only added the Casey Jones Part

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 09:47 AM
I think this is important to share:

Yesterday Alan ,the director dub of TMNT 2012 in Latin Spanish made a Direct live and, alongside Bebop's voice actor, they were talking about the final arc and they thoughts

CONCLUSION

https://www.facebook.com/998276903634723/videos/1280574178738326/

Cool info.

So Apritello is confirmed, so that means that the mystery turtle is there kid.

About the info on Casey, I wonder if he gets mutated.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Cool info.

So Apritello is confirmed, so that means that the mystery turtle is there kid.

About the info on Casey, I wonder if he gets mutated.

Even if Alan and Bebop's spanish voice actor says Apritello is canon, somehow I am still doubting. Maybe because I dont want to have hopes and then be
disappointed.

Their exact words are:
Bebop's voice actor: Now officially thanks to the ICK music video of today, he (donatello) and April are already .... Apritello is canon gentlemen!
Alan: Now yes, well, finally. (And then he starts talking about casey)

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 10:32 AM
"...he had many feelings found throughout the arc." Does this mean it's going to be an emotional final arc?

He means that today, he is not only finishing season 5, but also finishing the whole TV Show. And there was a lot of stories not resolved. He says that ICK is not mentioned anymore, although she appears on the music video (I just remembered this right now). There are some characters who are not mencioned neither, like Timothy.

neatoman
09-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Even if Alan and Bebop's spanish voice actor says Apritello is canon, somehow I am still doubting. Maybe because I dont want to have hopes and then be
disappointed.

Their exact words are:
Bebop's voice actor: Now officially thanks to the ICK music video of today, he (donatello) and April are already .... Apritello is canon gentlemen!
Alan: Now yes, well, finally. (And then he starts talking about casey)

Yeah and the video is clearly not canon itself.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Yeah and the video is clearly not canon itself.

The thing is that he knows what the finale arc is about, so if he's nodding what the voice actor is saying about the couple being canon, maybe it's because the kiss on the music video really means something for the show. I don't know.

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 11:32 AM
He means that today, he is not only finishing season 5, but also finishing the whole TV Show. And there was a lot of stories not resolved. He says that ICK is not mentioned anymore, although she appears on the music video (I just remembered this right now). There are some characters who are not mencioned neither, like Timothy.

ICK not mentioned anymore????? So she's not in the final? :cry:

Tarris Vaal
09-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Ice cream
Cat
Fifty years

This is not a combination for happy endings.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 11:44 AM
ICK not mentioned anymore????? So she's not in the final? :cry:

I have just translated what he says :( so ... it looks like yes?

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 11:55 AM
I have just translated what he says :( so ... it looks like yes?

https://68.media.tumblr.com/34a436e0f5e4d1455dd0d7fb96fdb375/tumblr_oj9riqqoDN1tm5dbuo1_500.gif

So that's 1 confirmed death then.

JH24
09-13-2017, 03:11 PM
When the page loaded and I saw the crying gif in Vickey's post I thought for a moment it was about Mikey or Leo. That gave me quite a shock.

It's a shame ICK or Timothy aren't mentioned, but there are many characters in the series and if they had to show what happened to all of them there wouldn't be much story left.

They probably will focus most on the main characters, drop maybe some hints and info about the past years, and let the viewer fill in the gaps.

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 03:19 PM
So with the Latin Spanish Voice actor for Bebop talking about the final arc, does that mean Bebop and maybe Rocksteady are going to be in the final.

When the page loaded and I saw the crying gif in Vickey's post I thought for a moment it was about Mikey or Leo. That gave me quite a shock.

Sorry about that :P

Metalwolf
09-15-2017, 09:22 AM
If we are jumping to the right conclusion that Mystery Mutant is indeed April/Dons kid... then that poses several problems in regards to timelines. Namely - if its accurate to say that the arc occurs 50yrs in the future, then April would have been really quite old to be having a child that is seemingly only in its teenage years.

If we presume that Mystery mutant is roughly 15 - 18 years old, then it would have been 35-32 years after the crossover story that April gave birth. Assuming April is still 16 during the crossover arc (which is itself being kinda generous - she ought to be 17-18 by now), then she would have been between 48-51 years old at least at the time.

Admittedly there is the mutant factor involved, but April is mostly human, so assuming she's fertile at all, then she'd be well past most womens ability to bear children reliably/safely. Not to mention that it would mean that she and Don were a couple for DECADES before having a child.

The numbers just dont add up to allow Mystery mutant to be their child, Unless, it is genetic engineering (again - a bit late in the day to be considering starting having children?)

The only exception to this I can think of (aside from the writing team just shrugging and doing it anyway), would be that Mystery mutant is their child, but she was born much earlier than the apocalypse arc storyline - only to be then placed into stasis. After all, the Kraang stasis pod from Buried secrets is still around and known to both Don and April - and using it would even set up opportunity for a potential Superman reference.
Actually, it's very possible that April could have had this baby quite late. A woman doesn't just jump into complete menopause at a certain age (like 45) with fertility being suddenly non-existent. It's gradual, and it depends on how old the woman's mother and sisters went into it if/when they entered theirs. Peri-menopause babies are not unheard of, and might even be slightly on the rise because many women assume that fertility mostly ends at 45 (thanks WebMD) and stop taking birth control.

If April does end up intimate with Don, it's possible that she and Don use birth control for many years (not wanting to risk having a child that that might have severe genetic defects and/or fearing for that child's possible quality of life since being a mutant isn't exactly a cakewalk.) But April assumes that her fertility is now 'done' when she hits a certain age or starts going into signs of peri- menopause, and stops using birth control, and conceives this hybrid child.

Alternately, this could be a reincarnation of April too, or a baby mutant turtle that Donnie and April found/created with mutagen, and the adopted daughter wears yellow in honor of her 'mother.'

Tarris Vaal
09-15-2017, 09:26 AM
Interesting find from Reddy -

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2e617c7a0d4156dfe226ce5e2e88e6a9/tumblr_owbn5gzYj31soe3kdo1_400.jpg

So Don is confirmed as a robot (though we do not know in what manner) and apparently April and Don never had kids.
Which blows the 'Mystery mutant is their daughter' theory away and right back into wild speculation territory.

There are some caveats to this however; Brandon has been known to give misinformation before...

And clutching at straws on behalf of the Apritello crowd, I guess its possible Mystery Mutant is a descendant, but was created after the two parents were already dead. Don being a robot for example, suggests his physical body underwent something pretty drastic. It would also explain the age/timeline problem.

On the plus side, at least Brandon gave a nice straight answer to April's mums fate.

TigerClaw
09-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Interesting find from Reddy -

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2e617c7a0d4156dfe226ce5e2e88e6a9/tumblr_owbn5gzYj31soe3kdo1_400.jpg

So Don is confirmed as a robot (though we do not know in what manner) and apparently April and Don never had kids.
Which blows the 'Mystery mutant is their daughter' theory away and right back into wild speculation territory.

There are some caveats to this however; Brandon has been known to give misinformation before...

And clutching at straws on behalf of the Apritello crowd, I guess its possible Mystery Mutant is a descendant, but was created after the two parents were already dead. Don being a robot for example, suggests his physical body underwent something pretty drastic. It would also explain the age/timeline problem.

On the plus side, at least Brandon gave a nice straight answer to April's mums fate.
What about Raph and Mona Lisa? they probably had children, given that these two never stopped kissing each other. hahah

Tarris Vaal
09-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Well Mona Lisa is a very legitimate question. We have no indications at all what happened to her - even more so as she wasn't in the crossover ep.

Vicky82
09-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Apparently the mystery turtle is

Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/67a0f8dd710f91825d29ba877dcc907c/tumblr_inline_owc6cohfVQ1ttbhkz_540.jpg

It can't be him, he looks so different.

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post/165374744088/hey-just-wondering-if-you-have-any-guesses-about

oldmanwinters
09-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/67a0f8dd710f91825d29ba877dcc907c/tumblr_inline_owc6cohfVQ1ttbhkz_540.jpg

Now that you mention it, the look is familiar to something we've already seen.

That might mean this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijgRyNeeF5I) could be canon?

neatoman
09-15-2017, 02:39 PM

Mikey!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mikeyandpizza.tumblr.com/post/165374744088/hey-just-wondering-if-you-have-any-guesses-about

Can't? He's just old and shrivled up because he lives in a nuclear wasteland.

Tarris Vaal
09-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Possibly, but he would have lost a huge amount of weight (though if Don lost his entire body and is a robot, I guess technically Don wins that round)

What dissuades me from that theory though is the feet. The toes are radically different to how they look when they're younger.

Though it does have the knee pads...

I dunno, I'd happily accept that its not a Don/April kid, but for that to be Mikey seems really odd.

Mind you... Raph with beard....

JH24
09-15-2017, 03:00 PM
If it really is Mikey then that gives hope Leo will be in it as well. But considering how they don't want to reveal much yet, Leo's appearance/role might be very different.

Vicky82
09-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Can't? He's just old and shrivled up because he lives in a nuclear wasteland.

It was a shock finding out, he is my favourite character.

He's so skinny, frail and nervous, I wonder if he got captured and tortured.

Redworld96
09-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Raph reached the same height as a Triceraton and has beard, some big sh^t happened to Donnie and he turned himself into a Robot, Mikey lost like 20/30 kilograms ...

come on, let's think what happened to Leo

newfan
09-15-2017, 03:25 PM
It was a shock finding out, he is my favourite character.

He's so skinny, frail and nervous, I wonder if he got captured and tortured.

Is it confirmed as him or just looking likely?

Vicky82
09-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Is it confirmed as him or just looking likely?

If you look at the link. Cee Willy, former episodic director of the show didn't say it was him but left some clues (blue eyes, orange straps and bandana)So it's obvious it's Mikey.

newfan
09-15-2017, 03:34 PM
If you look at the link. Cee Willy, former episodic director of the show didn't say it was him but left some clues (blue eyes, orange straps and bandana)So it's obvious it's Mikey.

hmmm, they gotta stop giving it all away. Guess we'll probably get a glimpse of Nards before the finale unless they really do want to save that.
Bit mean to make Mikey all shriveled.

Tarris Vaal
09-15-2017, 03:41 PM
At this rate Leo will be a brain in a jar

JH24
09-15-2017, 03:48 PM
Raph reached the same height as a Triceraton and has beard, some big sh^t happened to Donnie and he turned himself into a Robot, Mikey lost like 20/30 kilograms ...

I'm already worried thinking about it. Imagination can sometimes be a scary thing.

It's almost as if, because of the apocalypse, the turtles have mutated a second time.

At this rate Leo will be a brain in a jar

At this stage, it wouldn't even surprise me.

Powder
09-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Maybe Leo will be on some blind meditative zen master sh*t or something. :tcool:

TigerClaw
09-15-2017, 05:14 PM

I bet Donnie being a robot, might be a reference to the IDW comics, when Donnie's mind was transferred to Metalhead.

Or maybe he's not a rebot at all, but wearing some IronMan type of suit?

Ursalink
09-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Boy, I don't know how this apocalyptic world came to fruiction, but I hope there will be a hint (maybe Renet's time travel) that indicates this future can be avoided. I don't like the idea of seeing the Turtles in such a sad future like this one.

victory_angel
09-15-2017, 07:23 PM
I bet Donnie being a robot, might be a reference to the IDW comics, when Donnie's mind was transferred to Metalhead.

Or maybe he's not a rebot at all, but wearing some IronMan type of suit?

Auman apparently confirmed that Donnie is a robot in the finale and that he and April did not have children. So that means that mystery mutant isn't Donnie and April's child, at least not their biological one.

He also is teasing that Leo may or may not be dead nothing is said about Mikey. So maybe this scenario.

Donnie is seriously injured in the same event where they lose Leo. Raph is only able to save Donnie. Mikey is upset they are forsaking Leo but Raph just ends any argument by saying "Leo's Dead!"

Donnie wakes up and completely freaks out that he is now a robot. Raph and/or April get him to calm down and tell him that this was the only way to save him. Donnie then asks what happened to Leo. Mikey angrily says that that Raph abandoned Leo and storms out of the lab.

Raph clarifies and says the choice was that he could save only one and Leo said to save Donnie and leave him behind. April goes after Mikey and tries to get him to see reason, but Mikey says he leaving to go find Leo and he won't return until he can bring their brother home.

They never saw Mikey or Leo again after that. Raph and Donnie part ways some time after. April relays things between the two brothers, but their once strong family is just a shadow of its former self.

The two brothers reunite in the final battle against Verminator Rex, and to everyone's surprise Mikey and Leo also appear. Only Leo is now blind and Mikey is missing one arm. Mikey says he'll explain the details later, but now that the six of them are together once more they find they are stronger than ever.

newhire13
09-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Yeah,I don't see that happening lol.

victory_angel
09-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Or it could be the one who is assumed lost is Mikey. Raph attempts to save him but fails and is forced to leave his younger brother dead so he can help Leo with Donnie. Since Mikey is the heart of the team they all feel lost and resentful towards one another. Eventually Raph and Leo's relationship sours to the point that they get into a violent argument and Raph leaves but cited their family rule of no turtle left behind. Donnie is plagued with survivers guilt and horrified by what he becomes that he and Leo also get into a heated disagreement which ends with Donnie yelling. "I should have been left instead"

April, Karai, and Casey keep in touch with each other about how each of the Turtles are suffering while apart. Mikey it turns out is alive but lost his memory about who he was, he is found by Renet Tillie who nurses him back to health and helps him regain his memory. Mikey comes across Casey who is surprised to see him alive. Casey then sends word to Karai and April. Casey tries to fill in Mikey on all that's happened but a lot of it flies over Mikey's head.

Raph is in a death race to take on Verminator Rex when he hears Mikey is alive. His vehicle is destroyed but Donnie and Leo show up having reconciled sometime of screen. They get back into the race with Raph. The group finds Mikey at the climax of the finale. Mikey doesn't recognize his brothers since they have changed so much over the passing years. April however uses her powers fully restoring Mikey's memories. The brothers reunite and take out Verminator and rejoice that their family is while once more.

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 01:21 AM
Auman apparently confirmed that Donnie is a robot in the finale and that he and April did not have children. So that means that mystery mutant isn't Donnie and April's child, at least not their biological one.

He also is teasing that Leo may or may not be dead nothing is said about Mikey.

I guess you missed this.

Ok so I think that The episode the Impossible Desert is about Mikey.

Mikey is captured and he escapes or he is captured and later dumped. He is stranded in the middle of the desert and and due to the hot sun he becomes dehydrated so he has to fight for survival.

(if you have a pet turtle or know info on a turtle's poor health, then you should know dehydration causes a turtle to become skinny, loss of body mass, have sunken eyes ect. Also not be able to eat will cause health problems too.)

The episode will also be about Donnie too, he is searching for Mikey, he ends up at the place where he was being held but after finding out he is no longer there, he knows it's a race against the time to find him alive. He finally finds Mikey, but he's unconscious and almost at deaths door, so Donnie has to give him medical treatment. When Mikey wakes up he and Donnie have an emotional reunion.

Tarris Vaal
09-16-2017, 11:12 AM
This does feel like time for revised predictions after the current round of information.

I'm still expecting one of the turtles to have turned evil in the time (or at least, turned against his brothers). If Mikey is the emaciated one Robodon is protecting then that only leaves Leo.

I am curious now how the April Don thing is supposed to be 'confirmed' in this episode though. I mean the kid theory was easily one of the simplest means to do that without delving into it much. Presumably itd be via flashback, though I guess we might get an aged April appearing.

As for what happened to Mikey.... I'm sticking with a time travel reset button by the arcs end for now, but I'm thinking it may have something to do with the sudden increase in mutants - after all, that mutagen had to have come from somewhere. Perhaps it was farmed from captured mutants - including Mikey?

On a side note, am I the only one looking at Future Raph and thinking that would be a really easy conversion to make out of a Warhammer Space marine model?

newfan
09-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Leo could be on another path in another place or taken over by something evil... or captured..
Unless this future arc can have a happier ending for them I totally hope there is a go back and it finishes with them younger or at least not as they are in this arc.

JH24
09-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Leo could be on another path in another place or taken over by something evil... or captured..
Unless this future arc can have a happier ending for them I totally hope there is a go back and it finishes with them younger or at least not as they are in this arc.

I understand what you mean about a happier ending. But I really hope there won't be any timeline reset. It would just... well, it would just ruin the feeling of this arc. I mean, there have been many series in the past which painted a darker future and then just pressed the reset button in the end.

Worst thing would be Renet appearing and offering the turtles a second chance to avoid the apocalypse. I mean, we already had something like that with the Triceratons.

Again, I understand what you mean, but I'm really hoping they will keep this future intact. If there is a happier ending, I would just like to see the turtles and their surviving friends together and riding off into the sunset. The world would still be a broken and lawless place, but at least they would still have each other.

I just feel the strength of this finale could lie in its simplicity. No time travel, no aliens, just a struggle for survival in a dangerous world.

newfan
09-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Looking at the trailer Vicky just posted in the season 5 thread, I do want that back button :)

TLP
09-16-2017, 01:23 PM
This series finale sounds absolutely depressing...

neatoman
09-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Assuming it's not an alternate timeline, it really does.

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 01:42 PM

Probably why Nickelodeon want the Crossover as the final. They got cold feet because they probably think this is going to traumatize the kids and get angry complaints from parents.

GoldMutant
09-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Probably why Nickelodeon want the Crossover as the final. They got cold feet because they probably think this is going to traumatize the kids and get angry complaints from parents.

I still don't buy Nickelodeon having full on censors with shows of old. Danny Phantom had The Ultimate Enemy. Spongebob has had a ton of scary episodes.

As a finale... I don't think this is anything past an alternate timeline. Didn't it mention in the trailer for the season we were going to see a possible future? That right there is giving these episodes a red flag.

The designs I don't like. Some look cool, but it just doesn't fit the style for me. Way too over the top and distracting.

I really don't have thoughts yet. I'll add em later.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah, it would've been even worse if had they put the ice cream kitty music video at the end of the mutant apocalypse :lol:

Its much more fittig at the end of the crossover and has a happy ending feel to it, thus why Nick probably wants that.

neatoman
09-16-2017, 01:55 PM

It's not even a mystery, it's just Mikey being old and starved.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
09-16-2017, 02:23 PM
As a finale... I don't think this is anything past an alternate timeline. Didn't it mention in the trailer for the season we were going to see a possible future? That right there is giving these episodes a red flag.

So either it's a 'real timeline' which makes it go 'wow, thank goodness they saved the Earth and city all of those times' just for it to become a wasteland. Great job!

Or it's an alternate timeline. Thus you get an opportunity to do a 90 minute special to end your 5 year long series...and you waste it on an 'alternate timeline' just so that the makers of the show can make love to 'Max Max Fury Road' instead of giving fans an actual ending to your characters, your plot lines, and your show? Whew, thank goodness they brought up all of that Don & April stuff as well as the dozens of other mini-plot lines throughout the series.

And people wonder why I lost interest in the show. I honestly feel bad for you guys who kept at this, only for them to give you guys this stuff as a reward for your viewing.

JH24
09-16-2017, 02:26 PM
I want to hold off on watching the trailer, but I just know I'm going to cave in at some point...

Was there any mention of a possible future of alternate timeline? I was wondering as in season 3 we had a "second" set of turtles going with Fugitoid on an adventure. I always wondered if they created a different timeline with that one.

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Was there any mention of a possible future of alternate timeline? I was wondering as in season 3 we had a "second" set of turtles going with Fugitoid on an adventure. I always wondered if they created a different timeline with that one.

No there wasn't

Redworld96
09-16-2017, 02:57 PM
But Renet exists, right? So in the future humans exist

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 03:00 PM

Well maybe humans left earth (well some of them anyway) and went to live on a new Earth and that's where Renet came from.

Papenbrook
09-16-2017, 03:01 PM
So either it's a 'real timeline' which makes it go 'wow, thank goodness they saved the Earth and city all of those times' just for it to become a wasteland. Great job!

Or it's an alternate timeline. Thus you get an opportunity to do a 90 minute special to end your 5 year long series...and you waste it on an 'alternate timeline' just so that the makers of the show can make love to 'Max Max Fury Road' instead of giving fans an actual ending to your characters, your plot lines, and your show? Whew, thank goodness they brought up all of that Don & April stuff as well as the dozens of other mini-plot lines throughout the series.

And people wonder why I lost interest in the show. I honestly feel bad for you guys who kept at this, only for them to give you guys this stuff as a reward for your viewing.

I completely agree with you.

newfan
09-16-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping for the alternative timeline or change of time line, I know that may sound a bit weak for the finale but it's better than it ending like that, I don't want to see the turtles like that.. that's just... well, best kept separate from the rest of the show.

neatoman
09-16-2017, 03:07 PM

That's a bit iffy. The Renet of Mirage, IDW and 4Kids presumably isn't a human being at all but rather some kind of interdimensional pseudo-deity. No idea if that actually applies here but let's no ignore the possibility that she's just a humanoid alien à la Kryptonians.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/KBox/Turtles/ELTMNT01081701.jpg

Edit:
Well maybe humans left earth (well some of them anyway) and went to live on a new Earth and that's where Renet came from.

D'Hoonnibinian, she could just as easily be a D'Hoonnibinian.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/5/59/D%27Hoonib_Zayton_Honeycutt.png/revision/latest?cb=20160130135002

Papenbrook
09-16-2017, 04:00 PM
So apparently, Casey not only dies in the future, but someone uses his skull to create a bomb?!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/e1/7b/2de17bb0e346f67c0fcf6c6b40387b5f.png

The show has gone off its own rails, and is now crashing into a giant, garbage-filled pothole. It's ... unbelievably inane, yet totally expected at the same time. It's like ... I can't even.

It's moments like these that make me glad that I had given up on this show. :lol:

Vicky82
09-16-2017, 04:17 PM
So what have we got.

Who's alive and who's dead and who's missing

Raph - Alive - but now he's bigger and has a beard
Donnie - Alive - But he's now a robot
Leo - Missing in Action, presumed dead
Mikey - Alive - but looks very ill, He's lost a lot weight due to dehydration and if he's not eating then he probably has a vitamin and calcium deficiency and turns into Metablic Bone Disease. (if you need to know more on a pet turtles health, please look it up)
April - Missing in action, presumed dead
Casey - Dead - His skull is now a bomb.
Karai - Alive?? - If that's Karai in that pic, then she seems to be melting.
Shinigami - Missing in Action, presumed dead
Chompy - Alive - He got bigger
Ice Cream Kitty - Missing, presumed dead

victory_angel
09-16-2017, 04:23 PM
Well the creators said this is a possible future, not absolute future. I can see them ending things with Raph waking up in the lair, turns out the whole thing was just one big nightmare and his family (with the exception of Splinter) is whole, healthy, and happy.

I would say they should bookend the story with the Turtles celebrating their 20th Mutation Day since the series starts on their 15th, and they sort of had reason to ignore or overlook the other Mutation Days.

newfan
09-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Whilst the show is looking to have an ending that is ...well.. as you've all seen. That makes the end disappointment (if it really does turn out to be a miserable ending) but that doesn't make the rest of the show suddenly poor to me. Just a shame to end it that way.

JH24
09-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Well the creators said this is a possible future, not absolute future. I can see them ending things with Raph waking up in the lair, turns out the whole thing was just one big nightmare and his family (with the exception of Splinter) is whole, healthy, and happy.

I would say they should bookend the story with the Turtles celebrating their 20th Mutation Day since the series starts on their 15th, and they sort of had reason to ignore or overlook the other Mutation Days.

Everything just being a dream for Raph would be the most cliché ending there is, that would just ruin all the effort that went into the final arc.

I'm not against a happy ending though, not even that much against some form of a "reset" after seeing how dark and depressing this future is. I'm already impressed how far they went with this future in the first place.

neatoman
09-16-2017, 05:16 PM

"It was all a dream" is the laziest ending ever.

Tarris Vaal
09-16-2017, 06:55 PM
I doubt it will be - looking at the trailer, one of the clearest shots is of the Meerkat mutant thanking Raphael in a manner more akin to a farewell than a straight thanks.

That suggests a parting of ways both know will be their last. That'd be a very unusual thing to have at the end of a dream sequence.

And still no sign of Leo..... Still at least Verminator is clearly not Leo in disguise :)

Edit:
Something I've just noticed - so forgive me if this has been mentioned already. Has anyone noticed the broken moon behind RoboDon in this screenshot?

http://68.media.tumblr.com/15fcc25e67c36dcc9c2b1b4173cda9f6/tumblr_inline_owe66k6ugw1rbtpg9_500.png

StealthNinjaScyther
09-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Looks like the new mutant may be a part of the family.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11507&stc=1&d=1505615068

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 08:38 PM
I was thinking she was Alopex.

drgon78
09-17-2017, 04:57 AM
Very disappointing way to end the series.

BubblyShell22
09-17-2017, 06:47 AM
I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.

Vicky82
09-17-2017, 06:49 AM
I seriously hope for a reset at some point because it would be depressing for them to end it this way especially if not all four Turtles are there. Not sure how I feel about a dream sequence, but based on what others said about the monster arc, Renet did hint that she would see Mikey in the future so I hope she makes things right again.

She's not in the final episode

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1e6c4b88b7ddfbccf956f4be405c1eb/tumblr_messaging_owf6axDppv1ttbhkz_250.png

matteso586
09-17-2017, 07:02 AM

Or there could be time travel involved in part 3.

TigerClaw
09-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Or there could be time travel involved in part 3.
Its possible that Renet travels to the future and noticed things have changed, by the end of the episodes, she probablly goes back in time to warn the Turtles of things to come.

Vicky82
09-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Its possible that Renet travels to the future and noticed things have changed, by the end of the episodes, she probablly goes back in time to warn the Turtles of things to come.

She's not in the final.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b1e6c4b88b7ddfbccf956f4be405c1eb/tumblr_messaging_owf6axDppv1ttbhkz_250.png

ToTheNines
09-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Very disappointing way to end the series.

As of right now, I agree with you. I'll be open minded to it, but I'm really worried this will suck eggs.

Even if it does, I won't sweat it. To me, Owari was the series finale and the Kavaxas arc/Lone Rat was a nice epilogue.

I don't mean to say that the rest isn't canon, but everything else in season 5 has just been fun extra stories with no cohesive narrative. It's not like the whole show has been leading up to "Carmageddon" or whateve.

newfan
09-17-2017, 08:47 AM
The fact that they describe possible futures tells me that this isn't concrete, however, they did also say that people would be talking about this for time to come which argues the miserable end.
We'll have to see.

plastroncafe
09-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Having seen only the teaser clip, I've got to say I'm really kind of stoked for this Mad Max ending to things.

It feels very non-linear, twisted, and hearkens to the future we only get random smatterings from Mirage.

I kind of even like the beard.
Though, I'm a little sad that this future Raph has both eyes.

(haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned this could either be a D&D style campaign? Or possibly a story Mikey is telling...or reading?)

Tarris Vaal
09-17-2017, 12:48 PM
I am also starting to like the beard.

Its perfectly possible this is all a 'non event' scenario, ie; A dream, a story someones telling; a DnD session; A simulation, etc.

But theres no way real evidence to say one way or another as yet. It does seem very grim for some of the characters - Casey being the case in point - I'd feel pretty bad for him if that skull is literally the only appearance he makes.

Papenbrook
09-17-2017, 12:59 PM
Even though I don't watch the series anymore, and even though I don't really have any experience with the TMNT franchise as a whole, I would like to state my final prediction.

In the end, everyone dies.

Ninturtle
09-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Though, I'm a little sad that this future Raph has both eyes.

Glad some one else feels this way too.

BubblyShell22
09-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Even though I don't watch the series anymore, and even though I don't really have any experience with the TMNT franchise as a whole, I would like to state my final prediction.

And that would be a horrible way to end the series.

Shark_Blade
09-17-2017, 05:54 PM
That'd be awesome. Star Wars: Rogue One did it, it's fantastic.

snake
09-17-2017, 09:10 PM
That'd be awesome. Star Wars: Rogue One did it, it's fantastic.

You two idiots would be perfect for each other. Go hook up.

BubblyShell22
09-18-2017, 07:05 AM
^ Couldn't have put it better myself.

Chris
09-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Rogue One did it? Yeah it did (and yes it was awesome) but that's not really comparable with a series finale. Rogue One was leading into A New Hope. The finale is more comparable with Return of the Jedi (or I guess Episode IX now). Killing everyone off and ending on such a down beat would be a terrible idea.

I know death in TV/movies can be done poignantly and be extremely moving, and yes even uplifting in certain circumstances when done well. I just really don't see that being the case here though.

ToTheNines
09-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Is anyone else weird like me and gonna wait a week to watch this? So as to celebrate the show's 5th anniversary on the 29th?

Vicky82
09-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Is anyone else weird like me and gonna wait a week to watch this? So as to celebrate the show's 5th anniversary on the 29th?

No because the internet is going to exploded with spoilers on Friday, (But that depends if the final will be up on ITunes before it airs on TV) Or Saturday morning for me due to time differences :lol:

newfan
09-18-2017, 02:42 PM
No because the internet is going to exploded with spoilers on Friday, (But that depends if the final will be up on ITunes before it airs on TV) Or Saturday morning for me due to time differences :lol:

I don't want to wait to watch this one.

ToTheNines
09-18-2017, 02:52 PM

I feel you. I'll have to stay off of Twitter, Instagram and the entire Nick section here, but I think I can do it.

Hopefully no one puts spoilers in thread titles.

newfan
09-18-2017, 02:55 PM
I feel you. I'll have to stay off of Twitter, Instagram and the entire Nick section here, but I think I can do it.

Hopefully no one puts spoilers in thread titles.

I wondered the same about thread titles, especially if it's about a death.

Metalwolf
09-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Didn't the original Mirage comics have such a downer ending too? Like how in the future humanity all left Earth at the end and that the Turtles remained behind to die, because they considered their mutated existence merely random a chance of the universe, not because something greater meant for them to be there?

(That is, if I'm remembering it correctly.)

That could be what they are going for here. Plus the tons of mutants might be from a crapton humans mutating themselves, because of some doomsday cult.

BubblyShell22
09-19-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm not waiting and will watch it when it airs on Friday because I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

Tarris Vaal
09-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I'm in agreement, Im very much looking forward to seeing what they do with this arc.

I have concerns certainly, but the production team have generally been quick to pronounce this as work they are proud of - so I'm trying to put any misgivings I have aside and trust them.

Only 3 days to go now :)

I think I'll be reasonably happy as long as there is some closure - especially on some of the series long arcs like Don/April, Raph's struggle with his anger and Mikey's lack of focus betraying his potential.

Redworld96
09-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I'm in agreement, Im very much looking forward to seeing what they do with this arc.

I have concerns certainly, but the production team have generally been quick to pronounce this as work they are proud of - so I'm trying to put any misgivings I have aside and trust them.

Only 3 days to go now :)

I think I'll be reasonably happy as long as there is some closure - especially on some of the series long arcs like Don/April, Raph's struggle with his anger and Mikey's lack of focus betraying his potential.

I don't like this idea, but somehow I have the feeling that the Don/April sub-plot won't be never resolved on this final arc :ohwell: Ciro said that "there is a planned end point" about this, but we don't know if he meant the ICK music video or not. Anyway I hope I am wrong about this.

Tarris Vaal
09-19-2017, 05:18 PM
Have a bit of faith Red! He cant get much more of an end point than the last arc to be made in production order, set 50 yrs into the future and the finale of 5 seasons.

Unless what he meant by saying it will have people discussing it for ages was because its left completely open ended with no resolution....

Lets agree to hope we're wrong to worry about it :)

Hero
09-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Raph's beard is the best! Probably a modded 'fake' Santa beard that acts as a smog mask. Can't imagine a turtle growing hair despite the human genes.

Combing through the trailer earlier I found a half second clip of what looks like a black blob like creature with sharp teeth, body-wise looking like a recycled use of Ice Cream Kitty's animation model. Another still I caught showed a four legged creature in the bottom right corner of the frame in Chompy's colors, perhaps not him... It would be cool to find out that Chompy is still about somewhere and much bigger.

Another shot, a simple glimpse of Raph's face in a green glow. Wonder what he's looking at.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
09-19-2017, 09:45 PM
I'm going to be very disappointed if Raphael doesn't lose one of his eyes.

Hero
09-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Maybe this Raph takes better care of himself :). His pearly white teeth have made it all intact!

Tarris Vaal
09-20-2017, 03:09 AM
Cushioned by the beard...

I was surprised they didn't give him his usual eye injury. Don at least went cyborg, so we got that reference. And there is still scope that Leo went blind.

BubblyShell22
09-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Maybe they didn't want Raph to lose one of his eyes since they already had the Don reference, though I agree that it would have been cool to see.

Vicky82
09-20-2017, 09:35 AM
I've been thinking of Ideas of what happened to Leo:-

He's dead and we only see him in flashbacks.
He turned evil and he's the leader of the gang not Verminator Rex.
He double mutated into something else.
He can't fight no more because he has a permanent injury so he's staying somewhere else.
He had a breakdown or had a massive argument with his brothers over this Apocalypse and he just left.
His brothers think he's dead but he was actually captured, tortured and forced to join Verminator Rex gang.
His brothers think he's dead but he ended up with amnesia and he goes off on his own but along the way he starts to remember who he is and he finally reunites with his brothers.
He's a spy in Verminator's Rex gang but his brother's either knew about it or they didn't know about it.

Anyone else got any ideas.

JH24
09-20-2017, 10:17 AM
My original thought was that Leo blamed himself for the Apocalypse and what happened next. Especially April's and Casey's death (and Donnie becoming a robot if that was also a consequence)

I can see him believing he's a failure as a leader, and burdened with guilt, leaves and goes his own way.

For some reason I feel the female mutant (fox?) is going to play an important role in this. The turtles will likely end up protecting her, and by doing so, she'll help them to find their old ways. To become the heroes they once were.

Hero
09-20-2017, 01:28 PM
That character certainly has an instant connection with the turtles having the Hamato insignia sprayed on the helmet. Perhaps the guys trained up others over the years. Even one of the TMNT Summer Shorts depicted a future where Mikey was a Sensei.

Whoever she is, there is some other signifigance with the map tattooed on her forearm. It makes her a target for Verminator and co for sure. The brief shot of her arm being held by Mikey's frail hand could mean anything since his status in the MA is unknown.

Still intrigued by Leo's absense mostly.

Chris
09-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Maybe we're going the Force Awakens route and it's a map to Leo who vanished after blaming himself for not being able to stop the apocalypse? Can't think why Verminator would want it in that case but it's as good a guess as any

BubblyShell22
09-20-2017, 03:56 PM
I just hope Leo's not dead and gone. Any other possibilities I'm open about.

METALHEAD
09-20-2017, 07:45 PM
i saw an image of raph in instigram, he looks strikingly similar to 2014 bay' raphael. with the bandanna covering his head and even have the sun glasses. which is a nice nod. at some point he had a beard for some reason? huh. its gonna be a fun one.

TigerClaw
09-20-2017, 07:55 PM
i saw an image of raph in instigram, he looks strikingly similar to 2014 bay' raphael. with the bandanna covering his head and even have the sun glasses. which is a nice nod. at some point he had a beard for some reason? huh. its gonna be a fun one.
Probably one of these images.

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/21690005_179701315910236_5587173477619597312_n.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/21820346_131015247543913_4416785754064158720_n.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/21435340_130172834280051_7986456777417818112_n.jpg

plastroncafe
09-20-2017, 08:09 PM
That's less PD, and more Farley.
At least to my eyes

Hero
09-21-2017, 01:13 AM
What kind of mutant is Verminator Rex? He looks more like a honey badger than his previous incarnation. Cat mutants have been done over and over already.

Speaking of done over. I am glad this Raphael has kept both eyes. An eyepatch wouldn't go with his post-apoc bearded-Nightwatcher getup. The eyepatch has been and done already. The 'beard' is something new.

I wonder where "The Map" leads to...
The 'Tomorrow-Morrow Land' of the Mutant Apocalypse perhaps? Maybe Leonardo is there.

JH24
09-21-2017, 02:49 AM
I look forward to see how they will handle Verminator Rex as a villain. If they follow Mad Max's line of villains he will likely be insane, ruthless, sadistic and very dangerous.

Tarris Vaal
09-21-2017, 04:35 AM
Im actually kinda surprised they didn't go for a look closer to the Immortan Joe mask for Verminator. Perhaps it was one reference too far, but it wouldn't have been difficult to do.

Given all the speculation over Leo and this mysterious map, I'm half expecting the map to lead them to Leo by the end of the 1st episode and then all Leo does is right at the end look at them and remove his hood.

Hero
09-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Another Instagram update. A behind the scenes with Felipe Smith.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZT5FUcDkse/?taken-by=tmnt

Some clips in between. We now know that Raph still has his Sais and Mikey's teddy bear is now some sort of warhead :P