PDA

View Full Version : Crossover ("Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady") Arc Discussion Thread (WARNING SPOILERS!)

Pages : [1] 2

tmntsplinterfan1997
09-11-2017, 10:53 AM
This thread contains spoilers! Read at your own risk!

Anyways... The "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" DVD will be released tomorrow.

We'll be seeing some spoilers tomorrow but for now... Who's excited for the three crossover episodes and the Ice Cream Kitty music video?

Vicky82
09-11-2017, 10:57 AM
I was planning to do this tomorrow morning (UK time) because it's too early to do this yet. :ohwell:

FredWolfLeonardo
09-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Im really hoping 80s Bebop and Rocksteady meet the 2k12 versions and possibly get CGI models as well.

The 2D animation from the pictures looks really good so I wish its not underused across the 3 episodes.

tmntsplinterfan1997
09-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Im really hoping 80s Bebop and Rocksteady meet the 2k12 versions and possibly get CGI models as well.

The 2D animation from the pictures looks really good so I wish its not underused across the 3 episodes.

Ummm... You'll have to wait until the crossover arc is on DVD in America tomorrow.

Technogeek29
09-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Aww that's neat I'll be sure to pick it up when I get the chance.

newfan
09-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Shipping from the US to the UK is supposed to be something like 3-7 days. My DVD is coming in about 2 weeks. I will have read all the spoilers by then :lol:

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 01:17 AM
I'm so nervous yet excited about the spoilers tomorrow.

I know Nick will do an amazing job but when you hold something to such high expectations because of your love for it, you cant help but be tense, especially since I've been waiting for this moment since 2013 :lol:

newfan
09-12-2017, 03:11 AM
I'm so nervous yet excited about the spoilers tomorrow.

I know Nick will do an amazing job but when you hold something to such high expectations because of your love for it, you cant help but be tense, especially since I've been waiting for this moment since 2013 :lol:

Yes I get that too, knowing it won't be undone if it's something disappointing also.

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 04:58 AM
A new picture:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/0a915e4a145b3c6bb853de23e519ce87/tumblr_ow5v07vyiM1w36ztno1_540.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 05:02 AM
A new picture:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/0a915e4a145b3c6bb853de23e519ce87/tumblr_ow5v07vyiM1w36ztno1_540.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/KTMNOovffG4VbtqxefY4dSoyT-7XuoZf8rCiridpiSOFQFUkVMFxSJMHQa0RWJa-CjiMRVHGCfDLHKDEFpNKvMYi_HMjyBR_5JfPSEHa90abr-tYIzdMwc9uYp4jh2RNwZ2xm5qjBm0MM4EI-jA29w0Daf3vocslTqcJWvs=w200-h150-nc

So awesome, I'm not sleeping tonight thats for sure. I can't wait.

Candy Kappa
09-12-2017, 05:30 AM
That's some good looking FW Footbots

snake
09-12-2017, 05:50 AM
The FW designs look tasty in this artstyle. It's like they're made of icing.

tmntsplinterfan1997
09-12-2017, 06:02 AM
Seriously. I have got to buy that DVD!

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/spongebob-i-dont-need-it-gif-13.gif

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 07:00 AM
So, so far I've ATTEMPTED to buy the DVD, but apparently it was too early. Was there 7:30 local time at WalMart and it(along with Series 10 Part 2 of Doctor Who) wasn't on the shelf. No one was manning the section either and didn't have enough time to hunt someone down.

But oh well, my son and I can look for the DVD's again after dropping off my wife at work.

BubblyShell22
09-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Those Foot Soldiers look boss!

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Well, so far I'd say Kevin Michael Richardson's original Shredder sounds a lot closer to Townsend Coleman than James Avery.

neatoman
09-12-2017, 09:03 AM
If anyone is gonna upload it just send me a PM.

AlZarkovski
09-12-2017, 09:06 AM
And me. Thanks!:)

NikitaZhukov
09-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Well, I hope someone is going to leak it. So excited for this crossover.

tmntsplinterfan1997
09-12-2017, 09:10 AM

I also wanted to see the entire crossover arc. So send me that PM anyone.

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 09:11 AM
:lol: Shredder and Krang have no idea what wi-fi is!

The FW Turtles usual "tactics" aren't really working against the current Bebop and Rocksteady.

Also nice 4th wall breakage from Raph(old one)

NikitaZhukov
09-12-2017, 09:20 AM
:lol: Shredder and Krang have no idea what wi-fi is!

The FW Turtles usual "tactics" aren't really working against the current Bebop and Rocksteady.

Also nice 4th wall breakage from Raph(old one)

Glad you're loving that. Any chance you share this fun with the forum after watching all that stuff?

drewizzle88
09-12-2017, 10:26 AM
The Ice Cream Kitty music video alone is worth the cost of the DVD. :tlol:

Seriously, I loved it!

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 10:54 AM
So, just finished. Also, anyone that would like for it to be uploaded it's going to have to be someone other than me. No idea how to do so at present.

About the crossover though. Really enjoyed it! The FW turtles are definitely a lot better handled by Nick than 4Kids. They are still a bit over-the-top with the portrayal but not bad all the same. Also felt the Turtles had plenty of screen time between them. Although I think Raph was maybe a little underused.

FW Rocksteady and Bebop were only in the crossover during the beginning part of the first episode and the end part of the last episode. No interaction whatsoever with their modern counterparts.

Nick Rocksteady and Bebop had a TON of screen time. Even saved the day at the end, might even join the Mutanimals. They also didn't take too kindly to the name-calling from Shredder and Krang but tolerated it for the most part.

No Mona Lisa in the crossover. Just Slash, Leatherhead, and Mondo Gecko from the Mutanimals. Also, the FW turtles had no negative reaction to seeing Leatherhead(or Slash).

FW Shredder and Krang had a TON of screen time. They were a little over-the-top but not bad at all. Shredder was also pretty terrified of Karai after their brief encounter. For Shredder's voice, I always either heard Townsend Coleman's portrayal or Kevin Michael Richardson's. Definitely not James Avery or William Martin.

The FW Foot Soldiers were also surprisingly of good quality. A lot more than they actually were. Also, they seemed a LOT like the old toys from the 80's-90's era. With the huge plier looking weapons and their legs were VERY far apart.

JH24
09-12-2017, 10:57 AM
@biganimefan

Thanks for the update. It sounds like a very fun arc.

I like how Bebop and Rocksteady ended up saving the day. Does this mean they have a truce with the turtles as well? (Like Fishface and Tigerclaw?)

newfan
09-12-2017, 11:00 AM
FW Shredder and Krang had a TON of screen time. They were a little over-the-top but not bad at all. Shredder was also pretty terrified of Karai after their brief encounter. For Shredder's voice, I always either heard Townsend Coleman's portrayal or Kevin Michael Richardson's. Definitely not James Avery or William Martin.

I find Karai frightening Shredder quite funny (though I don't know that version enough to know if that would be true to his character) As for KMR, I suppose he only do so much to sound like the other guys.

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 11:01 AM
A truce wasn't EXACTLY declared but they seemed to love the idea of crime fighting and becoming superheros. Considering this will likely be the last time we see them, I think it's pretty apparent they'll join up with the Mutanimals soon-ish

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 11:03 AM
A truce wasn't EXACTLY declared but they seemed to love the idea of crime fighting and becoming superheros. Considering this will likely be the last time we see them, I think it's pretty apparent they'll join up with the Mutanimals soon-ish

What a turn of the events

newfan
09-12-2017, 11:07 AM
What a turn of the events

Yeah, I didn't see that coming

Vicky82
09-12-2017, 11:11 AM
So only Leatherhead, Slash and Mondo Gecko are in the Crossover.

That makes me think that if the Mutanimals do appear in future arc then those 3 will be dead. But Mona Lisa and Dr Rockwell might appear in it.

ninja-guyver
09-12-2017, 12:19 PM
I find Karai frightening Shredder quite funny (though I don't know that version enough to know if that would be true to his character) As for KMR, I suppose he only do so much to sound like the other guys.

80s shredder was very much an all talk and whining super villain

In the early seasons like 1 and 2 they focused abit more on him actually being able to fight but i think as the show went on they focused less and less on that and he just become abit of a coward.

Please send me the link also if it gets leaked.

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Someone already uploaded on Instagram the ending of the ICK Music Video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BY8pzGZnzyU/?taken-by=apritello4everfanboy

(Donnie's face and smile is hilarious :lol:)

newfan
09-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Someone already uploaded on Instagram the ending of the ICK Music Video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BY8pzGZnzyU/?taken-by=apritello4everfanboy

(Donnie's face and smile is hilarious :lol:)

That looked little more than a friend kiss (as previously debated)

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 12:46 PM
That looked little more than a friend kiss (as previously debated)

You have just to see the way April looks at him before the kiss :lol::lol:
I'll share another video with better quality if I can get it

Hardshell
09-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Looks like The World's Finest (the guy who posted the screenshots) has two copies of the DVD to give away:

https://twitter.com/worldsfinest/status/907676143767183366

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Somebody shoot me a link when there is one, please.

I second this.

ninja-guyver
09-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Sure taking its time getting online.

Vicky82
09-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Sure taking its time getting online.

Well that's because kids have been at school, adults at work, they have to find some spare time to watch the episodes. Monster arc DVD took a few days for the episodes to appear online, so it will be the same for this DVD as well.

Krang316
09-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Somebody shoot me a link when there is one, please.

Me too please.

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 04:06 PM
I think they will be online in question of hours. I will share them in my secondary tumblr blog, so keep an eye on it.
I will say here once they are available

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 04:07 PM
I've never been so hyped for a tmnt episode before. :)

Utrommaniac
09-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I've been waiting for that too

Sabacooza
09-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Pretty nice how all the crossover episodes were edited together as one movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

newfan
09-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Pretty nice how all the crossover episodes were edited together as one movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I didn't realise they were doing that, that sounds cool

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Spoiler video:
https://instagram.com/p/BY9Pw81jQci/

Redworld96
09-12-2017, 05:12 PM
ICK music video available. Those who want to watch it, send me a PM

Sabacooza
09-12-2017, 05:16 PM
I didn't realise they were doing that, that sounds coolAs nice as it was, it seemed to fly by pretty quick. At least it did for me.

neatoman
09-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Spoiler video:
https://instagram.com/p/BY9Pw81jQci/

Alright... Perfectly good reason to switch sides?

oldmanwinters
09-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Rocksteady and Bebop are the henchmen we deserve.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 05:53 PM
So they save the day in both Turtles Forever and this crossover too

edit: Just saw the Ice Cream kitty special, it was pure bliss :)

Vegita-San
09-12-2017, 06:44 PM
I am getting REALLY tired of '80s characters not so great' treatment from all these cross overs. if that is the only way you can separate the teams from each other and make them all seem unique.....you shouldn't be writing them.

Other than that little cavet.....the one episode in the entire series that brought a bit of a smile to my face. from start to finish.

Very little complaints in this one.

I'm glad the 2D Animation was made a little better.
Cameo's, from Robocops head, to I think a Teddy Ruxpin doll, to all the years the turtles show was on the air before the nick sale...

One semi replicated music cue from the orignial series. 'There must be someway inside...'

I'm kind of glad they turned bebop and rocksteady into good guys. I always figured if they had one more episode of the old show, B and R would be tired of being stranded in dimension x, and would call the turtles for rescue to turn over a new leaf.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 07:00 PM
I am getting REALLY tired of '80s characters not so great' treatment from all these cross overs. if that is the only way you can separate the teams from each other and make them all seem unique.....you shouldn't be writing them.

How were the 80s characters portrayed in comparison to Turtles Forever and TransDimensional Turtles?

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 07:28 PM
How were the 80s characters portrayed in comparison to Turtles Forever and TransDimensional Turtles?

Personally, I thought the FW Turtles were portrayed MUCH better in this crossover and TransDimensional than in Turtles Forever. There was some "bashing" on them I guess, and there were times that they were a bit over-exaggerated, but overall it was an accurate portrayal. We even have an animation screw-up where FW Raph is talking with FW Mikey's voice. Also, it hurts the FW Turtles a bit that they treat Nick Rocksteady and Bebop like the FW ones.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Personally, I thought the FW Turtles were portrayed MUCH better in this crossover and TransDimensional than in Turtles Forever. There was some "bashing" on them I guess, and there were times that they were a bit over-exaggerated, but overall it was an accurate portrayal. Also, it hurts the FW Turtles a bit that they treat Nick Rocksteady and Bebop like the FW ones.

Thats good to hear. I thought they were spot on in Transdimensional Turtles so its nice to hear they're gonna be like that in this crossover. I don't mind a little bit of exaggeration and fun poked at the 80s turtles as long as they dont go overboard and stay true to their character. Its all good fun.

Also, I'm not surprised the 80s turtles would treat the new B&R like the old ones because they would likely expect incompetent and easy to beat when they hear the words "Bebop and Rocksteady".

edit: I really wanna see that animation "error". A nice homage to the animation mistakes in the 80s show :lol:

Vegita-San
09-12-2017, 07:54 PM
4Kids:

Villains where spot on portrayed. Turtles, Portrayed right 50% of the time.

TDT:
Krang not really right at all...a bit too goofy. Turtles faired much better this time around.

In this crossover :
The Over the top humor worked better with the villains than the turtles. I thought they did a bit more FW bashing in this one than the last one.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 07:59 PM
4Kids:

Villains where spot on portrayed. Turtles, Portrayed right 50% of the time.

TDT:
Krang not really right at all...a bit too goofy. Turtles faired much better this time around.

In this crossover :
The Over the top humor worked better with the villains than the turtles. I thought they did a bit more FW bashing in this one than the last one.

So which one do you think was overall the best to worst in terms of character portrayal and overall as an episode?

Ninjinister
09-12-2017, 08:00 PM
4Kids:

Villains and Turtles where spot on portrayed.

I fixed it.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 08:04 PM
I'll be taking out my copy of Turtles Forever today and possibly watch TDT before watching the 2nd crossover.

It'll be interesting to see how both Nick and 4Kids did crossovers with the same show and compare them since we now have 1 hour 20 minute long worth crossover material from both shows.

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Something else I'd like to mention. Even if this is the final time we ever get to see FW Bebop and Rocksteady, it is a much better "final" moment for them than the end of season 8 of the original.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Something else I'd like to mention. Even if this is the final time we ever get to see FW Bebop and Rocksteady, it is a much better "final" moment for them than the end of season 8 of the original.

Definetly :lol: As much as I love Turtle Trek, having a giant plant monster eat them was brutal. Atleast thats what I think happened, since we see Shredder and Krang return in season 10, but never their henchmen.

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Definetly :lol: As much as I love Turtle Trek, having a giant plant monster eat them was brutal. Atleast thats what I think happened, since we see Shredder and Krang return in season 10, but never their henchmen.

Yeah, and on top of that, they never got the chance to be funny that whole season!

Vegita-San
09-12-2017, 08:28 PM

yep. agreed.

MikeandRaph87
09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Personally, I thought the FW Turtles were portrayed MUCH better in this crossover and TransDimensional than in Turtles Forever. There was some "bashing" on them I guess, and there were times that they were a bit over-exaggerated, but overall it was an accurate portrayal. We even have an animation screw-up where FW Raph is talking with FW Mikey's voice. Also, it hurts the FW Turtles a bit that they treat Nick Rocksteady and Bebop like the FW ones.

Was the voice coming out of the wrong turtle an intentional error?

I am hoping to watch it around 6pm tomorrow. I hope my Turtles are done justice.

biganimefan
09-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Was the voice coming out of the wrong turtle an intentional error?

I'm almost certain it was! Raph may not have been the only Turtle on screen at the time, but he was definitely the focus.

MikeandRaph87
09-12-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm almost certain it was! Raph may not have been the only Turtle on screen at the time, but he was definitely the focus.

It reminds me of the very strange error from Scooby Doo Movies which had Batman gloveless with a large gold ring that was parodied in a ribbing best in Batman:The Brave and The Bold.

NoPressApril
09-12-2017, 09:11 PM
I am getting REALLY tired of '80s characters not so great' treatment from all these cross overs. If that is the only way you can separate the teams from each other and make them all seem unique.....you shouldn't be writing them.

THIS. I was at Wal-Mart at 12:15 this morning for this DVD, i've been looking VERY forward to this. I was not impressed. Had I known I was paying to watch my favorite TMNT incarnation insulted I would have stayed at home, watched Netflix and saved my money. I am honestly not sure which I find more ridiculous, the OT treatment in these episodes or the fact that Playmates didn't even have the 3 corresponding figures on shelves in time for this things release. For me this was a complete failure and hardly worth the time and money for one small exchange concerning child April and reporters wearing jumpsuits. In my opinion if you truly love the OT avoid the DVD and buy the figures if Playmates ever gets around to releasing them. The episodes are insulting to the OT but the figures by themselves are a cool nod.

Sabacooza
09-12-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm almost certain it was! Raph may not have been the only Turtle on screen at the time, but he was definitely the focus.Yes, you are correct. Raphael's mouth was moving but it sounded like Michelangelo.

NinjaMan
09-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Watched my DVD today good crossover. Loved it much more than turtles forever. Music video was pretty funny and I liked it minus the April kiss. Gonna miss this shoe so much once it ends. And sad that this is probably the last time we see the mutanimals. Good send off for bebop and rocksteady.

Vicky82
09-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Ice cream kitty music video was awesome :D

Technogeek29
09-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Could I get a PM please? My Walmart is trash and won't have it until next week.

Utrommaniac
09-13-2017, 12:24 AM
It all depends on who is finding the upload...though isn't that not allowed?

Technogeek29
09-13-2017, 12:30 AM
It all depends on who is finding the upload...though isn't that not allowed?

Not directly

Kit31
09-13-2017, 04:03 AM
THIS. I was at Wal-Mart at 12:15 this morning for this DVD, i've been looking VERY forward to this. I was not impressed. Had I known I was paying to watch my favorite TMNT incarnation insulted I would have stayed at home, watched Netflix and saved my money. I am honestly not sure which I find more ridiculous, the OT treatment in these episodes or the fact that Playmates didn't even have the 3 corresponding figures on shelves in time for this things release. For me this was a complete failure and hardly worth the time and money for one small exchange concerning child April and reporters wearing jumpsuits. In my opinion if you truly love the OT avoid the DVD and buy the figures if Playmates ever gets around to releasing them. The episodes are insulting to the OT but the figures by themselves are a cool nod.

If you didn't like this episode, you must have HATED Turtles Forever. I found the treatment of the 80's Turtles MUCH better with Nick than 4Kids. That's probably the thing that bothered me the most about Turtles Forever. I really like both TF and this one overall, though.

Could I get a PM please? My Walmart is trash and won't have it until next week.

Target has it, too. That's where I got mine.:)

Yes, you are correct. Raphael's mouth was moving but it sounded like Michelangelo.

LOL! I had to play that back about three times to make sure I was seeing it right. :lol:

ninja-guyver
09-13-2017, 06:05 AM
I seen a couple of clips (or people filming their tv screens) and it does seem like there may be a little more Turtle Forever-esk mocking going on with the 80s turtles.

I think its meant to be in more typical 2012 TMNT style humor through which has always had it silly moments.

Redworld96
09-13-2017, 06:40 AM
I think they will be online in question of hours. I will share them in my secondary tumblr blog, so keep an eye on it.
I will say here once they are available

It's now available. PM me if you want.

neatoman
09-13-2017, 08:55 AM
Earth 7?

Let's see here:

Mirage
Usagi
FW
Live-action
4Kids
IDW
Nickelodeon
Bayturtles
Dimension X
Hell

That's 10 Dimensions alright...

victory_angel
09-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Earth 7?

Let's see here:

Mirage
Usagi
FW
Live-action
4Kids
IDW
Nickelodeon
Bayturtles
Dimension X
Hell

X is the Rosen numeral for ten so that would make Dimention X Dimention 10.

Utrommaniac
09-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Ha, I thought about that as well :lol:

neatoman
09-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Other than that little cavet.....the one episode in the entire series that brought a bit of a smile to my face. from start to finish.

Christ, really? More of these kinds complaints?

Anyway, I've seen the whole thing now, it's... Alright, it's not spectacular or even that memorable but it's alright. Seems kind of pointless when they already had the crossover episode in season 4 and it doesn't seem like there's really anything at stake here. It's pretty clear that Bebop and Rocksteady (the ones who ultimately foil the planetary destruction) are the only reason the FW villains got so far in the first place, so there's very little tension.

Jester
09-13-2017, 11:34 AM
I just realized....

With Slash and Mondo in the mix, we have 3 Donnies & 3 Mikeys...I'm positive that's intentional.

Vegita-San
09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
tension in a ninja turtles cartoon :).....

Yep, it was a mini turtle cast reunion with this one. too bad they couldn't find a voice for movie leo and movie raph too..

oldmanwinters
09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
tension in a ninja turtles cartoon :).....

Yep, it was a mini turtle cast reunion with this one. too bad they couldn't find a voice for movie leo and movie raph too..

That might make it "a little too Raph."

Jester
09-13-2017, 12:10 PM
That might make it "a little too Raph."

BOOOO!

The real question is which Movie Raph do you use? Josh Pais could do it...maybe...but each movie had a new Raph.

ninja-guyver
09-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Just finished watching it, yeah it was fun.

Some bits were a little over exaggerated but it was still more respectful than turtles forever.

Alot of the original Toon mockery felt very self aware like violence joke with Leonardo.

Am sad we won't get another one of these cross overs.

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 12:27 PM
I just watched it, I really enjoyed it and I laughed a lot.

But now i'm sad because there's only 3 episodes left and also this is the final time we see everyone as we know them because they will be a lot older or probably dead in the final. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Earth 7?

Let's see here:

Mirage
Usagi
FW
Live-action
4Kids
IDW
Nickelodeon
Bayturtles
Dimension X
Hell

But Archie?

Jester
09-13-2017, 12:37 PM
One quibble: where were Krang's rock soldiers...we see the Kraang's rock soldiers, and new mini minions, but no classic Fred Wolf rock soldiers.

neatoman
09-13-2017, 01:27 PM
But Archie?

The Fred Wolf turtles that appear here seems to be weird combination of the show and the video games while Krang has a backstory that's incompatible with the actual show. I think that the Nick Multiverse FW turtles aren't really the ones from that show but rather a pastiche of the idea of the Fred Wolf turtles and it's tie-ins.

Since Archie and FW started out as the same scripts and marketed the same toyline, they might no be considered distinct enough from each other to warrant different Universes and are instead mushed together.

The only way to justify 10 dimensions (at least 3 of which aren't even TMNT based) then you'd either have to ignore or combine them if they're similar enough, here, look.

Main Mirage, tonally compatible guest stories, Image.
Usagi
Fred Wolf TMNT, Archie TMNT, FW video games, anime, Fleetway.
First three live-action movies, TNM, TMNT 07, TMNT 07 comics, TMNT 07 video games.
4Kids, Dreamwave, 4Kids video games.
IDW series, Mutants in Manhattan.
Nick TMNT, IDW Nick TMNT, Panini TMNT, Nick TMNT video games.
Bayturtles, Bayturtles video games.

09-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I just watched it, I really enjoyed it and I laughed a lot.

But now i'm sad because there's only 3 episodes left and also this is the final time we see everyone as we know them because they will be a lot older or probably dead in the final. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Are you sure they'll not just time-travel 50 years into the future?

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Are you sure they'll not just time-travel 50 years into the future?

No it's confirmed that it is 50 years later. Did you see those 2 promos.

Autbot_Benz
09-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Love this crossover I don't get why FW fans are getting so upset. The FW Turtles were always incompetent fighters and goofballs that is how they are portrayed in this special. Kevin Michael Richardson does a great job voicing shredder

teacher fan
09-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Hey everyone. Just saw the new crossover. I enjoyed it. I think my only solid complaint I could make about this crossover is that the stakes weren't that high. In Turtles Forever and Trans-Dimensional Turtles, they were attempting to save the multiverse. In this crossover, only the Nick Turtles universe was in jeapordy.

However, the strength of the story was the interactions between the characters. It was simply fun to see all of the characters meet up. Yes, the 87 Turtles were a bit ineffective at the start of this story. But it seemed okay story-wise to me. In Trans-Dimensional Turtles, they were just fighting the Kraang. In this crossover, they were facing Bebop and Rocksteady who are much stronger physically than Krang. Plus, the emphasis was placed on that their TACTICS they were used to wouldn't work. Card board boxes, water from a fire hydrant, and other silly objects just don't cut it against the actual deadly villains of the Nick TMNT universe. However in this crossover, the Nick TMNT do teach their 80's counterparts to fight more like them. And they do learn and adapt. 87 Leo actually hits a bunch of enemies with his swords and smiles as he realizes he's actually enjoying getting so violent. And also, even though the 87 Turtles aren't portrayed as being the best fighters in this crossover and are labeled as weird, the special does emphasize that to the 87 Turtles, the Nick Turtles are weird. So it's alll good there to me.

As for the rest, Kevin Michael Richardson is... okay as Shredder. James Avery has a unique voice so it's hard to replace him. But he's okay. All of the other returning characters sound great though. And again, the character interactions are the highlight of the crossover. I think the funniest bit is when the 87 Turtles meet April and comment on how she looks like a kid saying she's too young to wear a reporter jumpsuit, followed by Aprl asking why a reporter should wear a jumpsuit. Overall: I think this crossover with the 87 Turtles was my least favorite of the three featuring them, but that does not make it bad at all. The stakes weren't as high, and the special does retread ground already done, but it was a very fun and solid adventure.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Man, I just saw all the episodes. I have so much to say, I'll have to type it all in Word first to make sure I don't lose it.

JH24
09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
That was fun. That was so much more fun than I expected. I really liked the portrayal of the FW turtles and their designs look so much better when animated. I especially love their expressions.

- Love how FW and Nick Mikey got along so well. Had to laugh during the training session when FW mikey started to play with the ball and the other Mikey joined in, only for Leo to take the ball away.

- I liked how for a moment Shredder and Kraang were so close to victory, both in the first and final episode of the Arc. Really liked their portrayal as well.

- Loved seeing Karai and Shinigami. I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction to the FW turtles. They were either confused or insulted, but poor FW Michelangelo looked really sad.

- Overall the writing was clever, lots of jokes and references.

- Bebop and Rocksteady are no longer villains, and I liked how the FW turtles gave their B&R a new chance as well.

- I liked how they showed the turtles being bored at the beginning. It's nice seeing them in more peaceful times, trying to either relax or figure out what to do next.

===

Anyone notice the scene (and joke) with Timothy in the background and Donnie being bored and trying to figure out what to do next?

I was like... Uhm, there's something you can work on right next to you...

Vicky82
09-13-2017, 04:55 PM
There was one unexpected moment that shocked me

Mikey having an angry outburst and then throwing the post box at Traag. I was like Yikes!!!! where did that come from. :o

It was a shame that Casey, Karai, and Shinigami were only in 1 episode. They just disappeared.

So are the Mutanimals staying with the EPF now at TCRI. They certainly got there quickly.

Powder
09-13-2017, 05:28 PM
Not gonna act like this wasn't fun/funny/nostalgic/etc but it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. They parodied the sh*t out of the Fred Wolf characters, IMO, more than Turtles Forever. & it felt like the Nick turtles were more rude to them this time. Considering their father is dead & they only have so few ties to the world, where's the brotherly love? :tlol:

First of all, Trans-dimensional Turtles set them up as being a bit goofy/unorthodox, but competent. All of a sudden they're morons who can't fight? What's with that? They need to be completely re-trained? & two nut-shots for Donnie? Really? :trolleye: Rather than retcon their skills, wouldn't it make more sense to just come up with a different sort of roadblock, like the two teams arguing over their approach or something? So that in of itself was irksome to me. But it's like, okay, who exactly are you trying to appeal to by doing that? You dedicate 3 entire episodes of the last season to Fred Wolf homage/pandering/whatever you wanna call it, but then you go and tick off it's core fanbase by making pansies outta the characters despite previously doing them better justice than Turtles Forever... Alright, so is the intention to appeal to stone-faced Mirage fans by saying "Haha, these guys are so useless and stupid, right? Right? Nudge Nudge!"? Can't see that landing properly because you, again, dedicated 3 entire episodes of the last season to Fred Wolf... Fans of the mature stuff still have to sit through wackiness, & fans of the wacky stuff have to deal with their version being made fun of, seems like lose/lose, no?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have this than not, but I wonder why it really exists in the first place. Is Nick/Viacom pushing for it to boost ratings by trying to grab those nostalgic 30-somethings who remember nothing more than the voices? Ciro made it quite clear from the get-go he wasn't really a fan of the old cartoon at all, yet over time it became more & more like it. So is that Brandon's influence? The executives? Who? Is it forced, & this is their way of railing against it a little bit? It's weird to me, I dunno. I mean no disrespect to the creative team. There's obviously a lot of love put into it, not just ribbing.

My glass half-empty feeling aside, there were a lot of strong points. I laughed along the way, & was bordering on giddy when certain references were made/characters appeared.

-'87 Bebop & Rocksteady were a joy to see/hear. Looked great, sounded great, gave me warm fuzzies.
-What little we saw of the 2D animation was way better & far more on-model than previously, the Technodrome set piece was beautiful.
-Shoutout to the '87 Shredder/Krang musical cue they re-created for this.
-The Foot were an awesome addition. I was amused by their terrible Playmates posture & the inclusion of their toy-only weapon. The ninja moves were cool to see as well. They had Knuckleheads! Rad.
-The turtles' voices were their best in this series. Their initial cameo sounded a bit rough, second was quite close to the original, third was absolutely perfect. Much props to Cam, Rob, Townie, Barry, Pat, & Andrea.
-Nick's B&R deciding to stray from the path of evil, with the implication of a possible Mutanimals join-up was a very fitting send-off for the pair. I liked that.
-FW turtles meeting ICK & Chompy, having a little bit of hangout time in general is always nice.
-Donatello's favorite bo line was a great throwback.
-Loved the Chrome Dome shampoo bottle design.

As far as the story goes, I like the team-up of old & new villains, & the dynamic they had as a collective, but I wish they'd have done something different outside of that. The stakes weren't high enough, for me. I mean, a world ending event like Turtles Forever would just be further retreading, so it's not like I want more of the same, but perhaps instead they could've tried to merge the universes like in the Super Mario movie? I dunno. Plenty of possibilities.

I'd give it a 6.5/10. Competent turtles (& a somewhat less spineless Shredder) in the same story would've made it an 8 or 8.5, bit more variety/higher stakes = 10.

I've rarely been critical of this series, y'all know that. So don't give me sh*t for having an opinion once in a while. :tlol:

Utrommaniac
09-13-2017, 06:54 PM
I had some bits that I liked quite a lot.

Had to stop to laugh at Rocksteady recalling his Mama in his...very Russian way. And his out-of-the-blue offer of a hug to Bebop in the elevator. Their relationship came a pretty long way for that to happen. And there were lots of hugs in this episode.

Then the return of Krang and the shower...though the "shampoo" makes his cleaning up in the suit even more confusing when Shredder apparently seems to shower with his helmet on?

Ninturtle
09-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Not gonna act like this wasn't fun/funny/nostalgic/etc but it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. They parodied the sh*t out of the Fred Wolf characters, IMO, more than Turtles Forever. & it felt like the Nick turtles were more rude to them this time. Considering their father is dead & they only have so few ties to the world, where's the brotherly love? :tlol:

First of all, Trans-dimensional Turtles set them up as being a bit goofy/unorthodox, but competent. All of a sudden they're morons who can't fight? What's with that? They need to be completely re-trained? & two nut-shots for Donnie? Really? :trolleye: Rather than retcon their skills, wouldn't it make more sense to just come up with a different sort of roadblock, like the two teams arguing over their approach or something? So that in of itself was irksome to me. But it's like, okay, who exactly are you trying to appeal to by doing that? You dedicate 3 entire episodes of the last season to Fred Wolf homage/pandering/whatever you wanna call it, but then you go and tick off it's core fanbase by making pansies outta the characters despite previously doing them better justice than Turtles Forever... Alright, so is the intention to appeal to stone-faced Mirage fans by saying "Haha, these guys are so useless and stupid, right? Right? Nudge Nudge!"? Can't see that landing properly because you, again, dedicated 3 entire episodes of the last season to Fred Wolf... Fans of the mature stuff still have to sit through wackiness, & fans of the wacky stuff have to deal with their version being made fun of, seems like lose/lose, no?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have this than not, but I wonder why it really exists in the first place. Is Nick/Viacom pushing for it to boost ratings by trying to grab those nostalgic 30-somethings who remember nothing more than the voices? Ciro made it quite clear from the get-go he wasn't really a fan of the old cartoon at all, yet over time it became more & more like it. So is that Brandon's influence? The executives? Who? Is it forced, & this is their way of railing against it a little bit? It's weird to me, I dunno. I mean no disrespect to the creative team. There's obviously a lot of love put into it, not just ribbing.

My glass half-empty feeling aside, there were a lot of strong points. I laughed along the way, & was bordering on giddy when certain references were made/characters appeared.

-'87 Bebop & Rocksteady were a joy to see/hear. Looked great, sounded great, gave me warm fuzzies.
-What little we saw of the 2D animation was way better & far more on-model than previously, the Technodrome set piece was beautiful.
-Shoutout to the '87 Shredder/Krang musical cue they re-created for this.
-The Foot were an awesome addition. I was amused by their terrible Playmates posture & the inclusion of their toy-only weapon. The ninja moves were cool to see as well. They had Knuckleheads! Rad.
-The turtles' voices were their best in this series. Their initial cameo sounded a bit rough, second was quite close to the original, third was absolutely perfect. Much props to Cam, Rob, Townie, Barry, Pat, & Andrea.
-Nick's B&R deciding to stray from the path of evil, with the implication of a possible Mutanimals join-up was a very fitting send-off for the pair. I liked that.
-FW turtles meeting ICK & Chompy, having a little bit of hangout time in general is always nice.
-Donatello's favorite bo line was a great throwback.
-Loved the Chrome Dome shampoo bottle design.

As far as the story goes, I like the team-up of old & new villains, & the dynamic they had as a collective, but I wish they'd have done something different outside of that. The stakes weren't high enough, for me. I mean, a world ending event like Turtles Forever would just be further retreading, so it's not like I want more of the same, but perhaps instead they could've tried to merge the universes like in the Super Mario movie? I dunno. Plenty of possibilities.

I'd give it a 6.5/10. Competent turtles (& a somewhat less spineless Shredder) in the same story would've made it an 8 or 8.5, bit more variety/higher stakes = 10.

I've rarely been critical of this series, y'all know that. So don't give me sh*t for having an opinion once in a while. :tlol:

I agree that the turtles needing to be trained came out no where, but I thought it made sense seeing as their fighting style is unrealistic and goofy and wouldn't work in Nicks universe as well. I found this special to be the funniest of the season, I can see your issues with the episodes but they didn't bother me because the episodes were so well done.

NoPressApril
09-13-2017, 07:27 PM
If you didn't like this episode, you must have HATED Turtles Forever. I found the treatment of the 80's Turtles MUCH better with Nick than 4Kids. That's probably the thing that bothered me the most about Turtles Forever. I really like both TF and this one overall, though.

I completely hated it, even threw the DVD away after watching it the one time. :D

Christ, really? More of these kinds complaints?

Yep! I am an OT purist and have been from the very beginning (age 5). I'm not one of these people who made fun of it (and my love of it) then suddenly jumped on the bandwagon because NECA released some awesome figures from it. :lol:

Vegita-San
09-13-2017, 07:35 PM
I agree that the turtles needing to be trained came out no where, but I thought it made sense seeing as their fighting style is unrealistic and goofy and wouldn't work in Nicks universe as well. I found this special to be the funniest of the season, I can see your issues with the episodes but they didn't bother me because the episodes were so well done.

that was the problem though. They set them up as competent in the first show, and KRANG was the goofy one.

Now they kind of made them ALL goofy, and it really pleases no one, except maybe the die hard mirage fans, as it was pointed out above.

It really seemed like a complete 180 from their portrayal on far more even ground in TD turtles. and totally unneeded.

The other thing I didn't see a need for was the vans upgraded weaponry. Totally useless. and Rocksteady destroys the technorome with one misssle launcher, that's far less strong?

sigh. details people.

but, like i said. very small nagging things. i enjoyed most of it from start to finish.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Okay, Now its time to give my full thoughts on these episodes *cracks knuckles*. This is gonna be long....::

1. Firstly, I'd always wanna start with the positives. These episodes had alot going for them, but I think the best thing about it by far was the story. Unlike Turtles Forever and TransDimensional Turtles, the story of this crossover wasn't just fanservice but had an actual arc that changed some of the characters for the rest of the series (Bebop and Rocksteady are no longer villains by the end) so it didn't just feel like filler and/or fanfiction, something which was a nitpick I had with the other crossovers despite how much I love them. This was Bebop and Rocksteady's story, with the turtles on the side which is a nice change from the previous crossover because it avoids repeating the same plot again and gives us something new.

2. The interaction between the characters was a really nice touch. I was especially surprised by how well Kevin Micheal Richardson captured the spirit and personality of 80's Shredder. I think he is by far the best Shredder alternate, having an impression that sounds somewhat like a mix of Townsend Coleman and Jim Cummings. He interacted with Krang alot throughout the episode and I thought that was awesome, seeing them both interact in a way that was just like the 80s cartoon despite James Avery unfortunately not being here. I lost count of how many moments I laughed out loud at Shredder and Krang's antics.

3. The 80s Turtles personalities were pretty accurate as well, and even though they might've not been used to the Nick Universes' fighting style at first, the special doesn't go into the territory of making them idiots and morons like Turtles Forever did. The entire point was that they aren't bad and inherently flawed per se, but their fighting style and environment was very different to what is typical in the Nick universe, and yet despite that, they fully adapted half-way into the episode and were just as effective as their Nick counterparts because they were sincere and shared the common desire to do good as all versions of the Ninja Turtles have. It is especially well rounded considering 80s Shredder and Krang had the physical advantage (the indestructible technodrome destroying the city, a giant android body, rock soldiers etc.), yet the heroes managed to save the day since the 80s turtles were able to learn the fighting skills required due to their sincerity/goodness and Bebop and Rocksteady were able to put their own skills to good use due to them becoming good and sincere. 2k12 Mikey realizes this the most out of the turtles, as he knows the 80s turtles have potential even in the 2k12 universe due to their hearts being in the right place, but all the turtles come around to this realization of common brotherhood and adaptability at the end.

4. All the little extras were also really good. The references were a nice touch, such as the Chrome Dome shampoo, Leonardo references the end of Michelangalo's birthday, my favourite bo Joke and so much more. 80s Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome and a joy despite only appearing a little bit. Likewise, the 2D animation was very impresive, right down to the 4:3 aspect ratio and is the closest to the original cartoon that a FW crossover has ever been. The Foot soldiers were a great addition and I'm surprised how competent they were made, I mean, the guys were holding their own against the Earth Protection Force and even gave the 80s/2k12 turtles combined trouble. Little moments like the 80s Turtles meeting Chompy, Ice Cream Kitty all really helped the hour long special not just be a plot but also a plot with alot of character moments. Speaking of character moments, I'm repeating myself but I honestly think Bebop and Rocksteady had it the best in this episode. From being lost and without a purpose, to enjoying their new job as supervillains, to changing sides, I'm surprised a crossover of all episodes has this much character development.

In terms of negatives, I don't think there was anything wrong with the episodes that needed to be changed but we always wish for more no matter how good something is. Me personally, I would've liked more 2D animation, 80s Bebop and Rocksteady having more screentime, Mona Lisa appearing in the Mutanimals and having a funny joke with 80s Raph, Classic Rock soldiers appearing instead of the 2k12 ones and a teensy bit more music remixed from the 80s series but I'm just nitpicking at this point. The episode as it was, was great and I'm sure to be analyzing it for a long time, being the hardcore FW fanboy that I am.

10/10, no regrets.

Rocksteady destroys the technorome with one misssle launcher, that's far less strong?

I didn't see it get destroyed, just damaged. I assume it was sent to Dimension X later without the villains and then season 8 of the Original Toon began, with the technodrome stuck in a black hole. The red sky could've been due to dimensional disturbances from the crossovers.

I think that the Nick Multiverse FW turtles aren't really the ones from that show but rather a pastiche of the idea of the Fred Wolf turtles and it's tie-ins.

Heh, Looks like you have the opposite view from me. I see the FW turtles in these Nick crossovers as the actual ones while the ones from TF are the pastiche which I assume you think are the real ones.

Darxide
09-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Anyone willing to share the links with me? I messaged Redworld but seeing as it's currently like 4:30 in the morning there, I'm sure he wont get back to me tonight.

Thanks!

FredWolfLeonardo
09-13-2017, 09:53 PM
The face of pure murder.

ranger_scout
09-13-2017, 10:13 PM
I watched the crossover last night. My work day was longer than usual, so I was pretty tired when I came home, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the special. Once again, it was so nice to hear those classic voices from my childhood. I last heard those actors doing it at a time when my life was surrounded by darkness and hearing them voice these beloved characters once more brought light when I really needed it. Plus, it's just so cool to hear them right now because I recently turned 30. Cam Clarke and Barry Gordon are still hilarious as the classic Rocksteady and Bebop. The 1987 turtles fighting style was out-of-date, yes. However, they were able to get better thanks to their counterparts. Kevin Michael Richardson did a very respectable job of recreating the 1987 Shredder after we lost James Avery. Pat Fraley is still flawless as ever. It really did look like the final battle was impossible to overcome for a moment. Also, the music video was fun.

VaughnMichael
09-13-2017, 10:55 PM
I loved this special outside of the 80's turtles being made to look like huge wimps.
And having to be trained by the Nick TMNT.
Which makes me wonder if this causes the turtles to go into the Red Sky era of the old toon.
I laughed more in this special than probably all of the rest of the series combined.
I really wish that Fred Wolf Bebop and Rocksteady would have come to the Nick world and the Nick Bebop and Rocksteady would have come to the Fred Wold world.
One of my favorite things was the Chrome Dome shampoo bottle, that was fantastic.
Also I didn't see anyone else mention this but they had an old toon mess up with Donatello talking and it was Raphael. :lol:
The 4th wall stuff cracks me up so much more as an adult as well.
I did think it was odd that the Fred Wolf TMNT had no reaction to Mondo, Leatherhead, and Slash.
Over all though I had a lot of fun coming home from a hard day at work and watching this.
They totally should bring back the 80's cartoon because this special made me realize one thing and that's how much I missed it.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-13-2017, 11:14 PM
When Shredder was drunk, he sounded like Mako's Splinter.

JonesyKitty
09-14-2017, 03:30 AM
I'd also like the link if anyone is willing to send it to me :) I plan on buying the DVD but I'd like to watch it in the mean time. I saw some low quality clips on YouTube and I loved it so far!

newfan
09-14-2017, 03:44 AM
LOL a drunk Shredder, wonder why they wrote that in.

Krang316
09-14-2017, 04:17 AM
I have not watched the episodes yet but wondered if the FW Splinter has any screen time? It would be a shame if he did not.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 04:24 AM
Unfortunately he does not appear

Redworld96
09-14-2017, 04:56 AM
Anyone willing to share the links with me? I messaged Redworld but seeing as it's currently like 4:30 in the morning there, I'm sure he wont get back to me tonight.

Thanks!

I have answered you this morning when I woke up, time zone differences stinks :lol: Btw I'm a woman

Krang316
09-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately he does not appear

That's a real missed opportunity, i would have loved to see some interaction between the current Turtles and the FW Splinter.

matteso586
09-14-2017, 08:22 AM
From the posts, I was surprised to learn that Kevin Michael Richardson can do a very good impression of James Avery.

Did this crossover explain how the 1987 Turtles got the portal projector? Or reveal the outcome of their battle with Tiger Claw?

NikitaZhukov
09-14-2017, 08:41 AM
Or reveal the outcome of their battle with Tiger Claw?

Well, they were shown in full health... That's pretty much it, didn't even mention TC through the whole thing.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Outside of having the original voice actors, the treatment of the OT turtles wasn't much better than Turtles Forever. I get that the Nick turtles are more "edgier" than their counterparts but this 3-parter made it seem like the FW turtles were useless and couldn't defeat anyone. The FW turtles did not need to be retrained to fight the Foot Soldiers or enemies they have beaten before. That makes no sense. And I get that the joke where FW Leonardo says that cutting someone would hurt was suppose to be self-deprecating but it just seemed silly considering he's been slicing and dicing robot versions of the Foot and cut them many times before. He even swung his sword at Shredder at times in the old cartoon.

I did like the FW turtle's reactions to Nick's April and Casey, with Leonardo commenting on Teen April wearing a jumpsuit.
I laughed real hard at Karai's reaction to the FW turtles.
For some reason, FW Raph seems to have an animosity towards their counterparts by calling them "posers", alot. But I do find it amusing.

It was okay but not as exciting as I thought it would be. Besides having the original voice actors, I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could like this more than Turtles Forever.

Leofan26
09-14-2017, 12:41 PM
So Nick's crossover treatment of 80s turtles is no different than the Turtles Forever treatment for them eh?

Did Nick Leo interact with 80s Leo more?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 01:40 PM
I don't understand why people think this was disrespectful to the 80s turtles, if anything it glorified them. This will be a mini rant but let me explain:

1. The 80s turtles were NEVER incompetent fighters before meeting the Nick turtles, in their show they were among the best as they took advantage of how their environment worked (e.g. trash cans that hit much harder, boxes which caused their enemies to fall, fire hydrants which could open with ease and send their enemies flying).

However, when they came into the Nick universe, they found that their old tactics were no longer effective in a world that operates differently. They got defeated, but they didn't act stupid about it. They wanted to learn and adapt so they were willing to put their egos aside and let their counterparts train them.

In the end, they were not able to cope with how the Nick universe works, but fully adapt to it, becoming just as effective as the Nick Turtles and even better fighters themselves since they proved they aren't just good in their own world. Its no different from if the Nick turtles would've struggled in the FW world but thats a story for another time.

When you think about it, this crossover and Turtles Forever took the opposite approaches when it came to poking fun at the 80s turtles. In Turtles Forever, the 80s turtles seemed to have no trouble succeeding with their fighting tactics in the 2k3 universe and Mikey even beat hun but their personalities were off point, doing things like not taking the most deadly of situations seriously or running away from battle.

This crossover on the other hand, nails their personalities perfectly (the 80s turtles did worry and take the situation seriously when their life/world was in danger and never ran away from battle like cowards) but showed their fighting style needed work in the Nick universe which they ultimately succeeeded at by the end.

MikeandRaph87
09-14-2017, 01:53 PM
I don't understand why people think this was disrespectful to the 80s turtles, if anything it glorified them. This will be a mini rant but let me explain:

1. The 80s turtles were NEVER incompetent fighters before meeting the Nick turtles, in their show they were among the best as they took advantage of how their environment worked (e.g. trash cans that hit much harder, boxes which caused their enemies to fall, fire hydrants which could open with ease and send their enemies flying).

However, when they came into the Nick universe, they found that their old tactics were no longer effective in a world that operates differently. They got defeated, but they didn't act stupid about it. They wanted to learn and adapt so they were willing to put their egos aside and let their counterparts train them.

In the end, they were not able to cope with how the Nick universe works, but fully adapt to it, becoming just as effective as the Nick Turtles and even better fighters themselves since they proved they aren't just good in their own world. Its no different from if the Nick turtles would've struggled in the FW world but thats a story for another time.

It iterated me that the 1987 Turtles had to be trained by another set. The Nick Turtles came afterwards so its like an oldest brother being trained to beat up a bully by a brother who is much younger. I would like to see the 1987 Turtles be the focus opposed to the guest to see how it would play off on the other side as you mention. Nick did better than Laird and co. but still not the way the 1987 Turtles were.

I agree about missed opportunities of the '87 Splinter interacting with the 2012 Turtles and the 1987 Turtles reacting to Leatherhead and Slash being on the 2012 Turtles side.

Did anyone catch that Bebop (1987) got the last line of the Nick cartoon? Who would have ever guessed that?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 02:02 PM
It iterated me that the 1987 Turtles had to be trained by another set. The Nick Turtles came afterwards so its like an oldest brother being trained to beat up a bully by a brother who is much younger. I would like to see the 1987 Turtles be the focus opposed to the guest to see how it would play off on the other side as you mention. Nick did better than Laird and co. but still not the way the 1987 Turtles were.

More like if an older brother had a younger brother from another universe whose world is so different that the older brother struggles to fight at first and must be trained. And then he still succeeds.

Besides, the amount of time dedicated the 80s turtles "Bashing" is pretty small for the length of the 60 minute crossover. They start struggling at around 15 minutes when meeting Nick Bebop and Rocksteady, but at around 30 minutes in they fully adapt and are just as effective as the Nick versions. Thats only 1/4 of the total run time, even less if you count TransDimensional Turtles in.

After they adapt, its never again brought up negatively and the 80s turtles not only fight flawlessly alongside the Nick versions, but are also complimented by them. Nick Mikey even sees potential in them while they struggle, and I loved that part since hes my favourite of the Nick turtles.

09-14-2017, 02:06 PM
I think Raphael should do the fourth wall jokes, not Leonardo.

But I never recall the turtles being afraid of using their weaopns. But hey, except Mirage, you can't have Leonardo and Raphael cut humans.

Vegita-San
09-14-2017, 02:25 PM
yeah. agreed. they used their weapons all the time, just not on living opponents...

and the stupid humor about the sewer grates being heavier, and the fire hydrants being stronger...ugh....don't get me started on pushing over light empty boxes and laughing...

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 02:41 PM
I liked how Nick Bebop and Rocksteady were so scared of the Shredder's reputation that the 80s Shredder was initially able to beat them both, only to then later get beaten himself.

Speaking of 80s Shredder, he might always be losing because of his arrogance but the guy can take one hell of a beating and still stand up, making him pretty persistent and durable. He got beaten by B&R, had Krang's android body fall on top of him twice, got beaten by Karai, had both Leos kick him at full force, even endured a smack on the head by Leatherhead and still got up. Toonforce I guess.

Technogeek29
09-14-2017, 03:42 PM
So my review time

Let's start with the positives. The OT has the original cast back save (James Avery R.I.P.) and it's nice to hear them again sounding much better than Transdimenional Turtles, just needed to clear the rust off it seems? I like how Bebop & Rocksteady played off of OT Shredder at times and there ever so colorful string of insults are always a joy to hear.

As strange as this might sound the Turtles complaining about the complacency in their lives is very similar to the beginning of City at War. Even down to Leo being dissatisfied to being downsized to neighborhood watch. Odd place to have that reference but I'll take it all the same.

I see the universal constant of Bebop & Rocksteady ruining Shredder & Krangs plans still rings true even in another dimension, although my gripe is this being the same way the Turtles we're saved in Turtles Forever. Inside jokes were a plenty such as OT Leonardo being the only one taking being a ninja seriously (but then he doesn't, more on that later) All and all I liked what I liked.

Now for the negatives...
Seems like none of the crossovers can get the OT Turtles completely right. It started well with them being in character right until after they get captured. Then the only one who stayed in character was OT Raphael.

OT Leo shouted out his catch phrases at the most random of times instead when he is about to lead them into battle. Like yelling it out when he was locked up was just dumb. Not taking offense to the fact another set of Turtles question their skills when in Turtles Forever they did. http://4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads//tfclowns.jpg
Was right there with the other three on taking a pizza break when usually he is the wet blanket straight man of the show. Not that OT Leonardo wasn't silly just less so than the other three. I get the joke that he's never used his Katana's on humans but he's never had an issue swinging it in their direction and has stabbed plenty of things that weren't robots. So Nick Raph's comment about it being a glorified pizza cutter should've rub him a little wrong.
https://i0.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tmnt2_007.jpg?w=1200
OT Don While he wasn't ragged on by his counterparts as much he was a lot less grumpy than usual. OT never quite lost his temper but he always seem to be grumpy about a lot of things, usually about the other three doing something or feeling underappreciated. He got the better treatment other than looking like a joke in nearly every fight. Or even training...

OT Mikey Was actually sort of bland. Like he wasn't entirely in character? It's a little hard to describe. Nothing he did wasn't something I didn't expect from the guy but it's almost like he wasn't doing things I should expect from him?

OT Shredder may be a pushover but he was never really cowardly, that's about the only complaint I have against him.

Now to my biggest issue with the entire special. The Turtles needed to train to be competent fighters. Look I get that their method of fighting is orthodox and at times downright silly but even Turtles Forever never said they were incapable. In fact the only thing that bother them in that special was that they thought the Turtles were too goofy. The Training montage made no sense to me given I've seen the OT Turtles pull of basic forms. And the hackney sacks at OT Michelangelo was a missed opportunity to recreate this moment
http://i.imgur.com/YP7Kiak.gif

props to having OT Raph be lazy when they were going through movements as he was rather lazy in the show. But OT Leonardo not being able to recreate such simple forms seemed out of character. Not being able to take down simple Foot bots who were really competent in this special for some reason? Not trying to fight Shredder was another thing I found weird as OT Leo always left the henchmen to the other Turtles to pursue the ring leader of any fight they were in.(But that is a nitpik) My final grade for this special would be a 6/10.

09-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Since Krang had his own rock soldiers in Dimension X, why does he need to borrow from the Kraang?

Welcome to the Kraang's Dimension X rock soldier service.

Rent a rock soldier for hire. 20 Dimension X dollar.

Kraang's Dimension X rock soldier service. Rock soldiers for hire!

Jester
09-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Now to my biggest issue with the entire special. The Turtles needed to train to be competent fighters. Look I get that their method of fighting is orthodox and at times downright silly but even Turtles Forever never said they were incapable. In fact the only thing that bother them in that special was that they thought the Turtles were too goofy. The Training montage made no sense to me given I've seen the OT Turtles pull of basic forms. And the hackney sacks at OT Michelangelo was a missed opportunity to recreate this moment
http://i.imgur.com/YP7Kiak.gif.

That one got me a bit miffed. We've seen in the opening credits that Mikey can totally bash those sacks, but they made him inept for little reason.

I'd love to go back and find the episodes of the FW series, probably all pilot mind series stuff, that was "borrowed" for the 2D stuff.

Powder
09-14-2017, 04:44 PM
I don't understand why people think this was disrespectful to the 80s turtles, if anything it glorified them.

A big part of it is that the Nick turtles here acted like the 4kids turtles. Barring Mikey, they came off as if they were totally serious alllll the time. I mean, come on, they shoot sewer lids & garbage balls at their enemies, fight with food, use junk/clutter/environmental hazards to their benefit, run around in plain sight, etc. Tactics no different than the Fred Wolf turtles. But then they go & make their predecessors look like dopes for doing the same. & now they not only don't know how to fight, but have to be trained by these guys? C'mon, son. I get the joke, but there's a certain arrogance to it that I'm not entirely sure they've earned. Turtles Forever's treatment of this sorta thing felt a lot more justified because their universe was more serious, a Mirage offshoot which didn't really have any wackiness in it. Of course they'd be less tolerant of the happy-go-lucky characters/actions, & find humor in contrasting the two series' different tones. The Nick series on the other hand is a lot more similar to the Fred Wolf one than it thinks it is, if you ask me. That's not to say I don't love this version, it's my favorite of all the animated shows, but this particular arc didn't sit right with me on a whole.

Like Jester said, they couldn't even get through an homage to the opening sequence without making a fool of Michelangelo. We know he's got lightning fast hands which can bat away most projectiles, but here he can't even manage a few bean-bags? It's like revisionist history. :tlol:

Shredder_Fan
09-14-2017, 04:53 PM
Are there screenshots of The Technodrome ??

09-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Did Nicelodoen April lose her abilities after being zapped by Krang?

Vicky82
09-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Did Nicelodoen April lose her abilities after being zapped by Krang?

No, she just fell unconscious and we didn't see her again until the end.

09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
No, she just fell unconscious and we didn't see her again until the end.

We don't see her using her abilities again after being zapped.

Vicky82
09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
We don't see her using her abilities again after being zapped.

She was unconscious, so by the time she woke up it was over so she didn't need to use them.

There was no indication of April losing her powers.

09-14-2017, 05:19 PM
She was unconscious, so by the time she woke up it was over so she didn't need to use them.

There was no indication of April losing her powers.

I still hope that's what happened.

Vicky82
09-14-2017, 05:26 PM
I still hope that's what happened.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/ba343a157b5462ad915c3e5b1af1c184/tumblr_omed9iY3fX1ufm4kio1_400.gif

I say this 1 more time

SHE DID NOT LOSE HER POWERS

SHE GOT ZAPPED BY KRANG AND FELL UNCONCIOUS

SHE DID NOT APPEAR AGAIN UNTIL THE END.

THE BATTLE WAS ALREADY OVER SO THERE WAS NO REASON FOR HER TO USE HER POWERS.

IF SHE LOST HER POWERS THEN IT WOULD OF BEEN MENTIONED.

Now can you stop with the stupid question, thanks.

newhire13
09-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Idk. It weird to me to nitpick the inconsistency of the OT turtles when the OT show was ridiculously inconsistent about almost everything lol. Yeah, they may be highly skilled in their world but they just aren't in the 2K12 world.

Chaotix12345
09-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Looks like The World's Finest (the guy who posted the screenshots) has two copies of the DVD to give away:

https://twitter.com/worldsfinest/status/907676143767183366

Thanks so much for sharing this! I actually won a copy from him, so I get to see this officially without paying ridiculous amounts for four episodes! :D

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
- I really enjoyed this, and I'm kinda surprised how Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady were the "real" main characters and all the Turtles were supporting characters. This was the Bebop and Rocksteady show, and that was pretty nice and surprising.

- I thought the original Turtles were fine. They have never been as good as fighting as the other Turtles, and Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady would of course be tough for them to take down. But when they did start fighting seriously they took out the Foot, the Rock soldiers, etc. Even Shredder had a competent moment.

- Shredder/Krang's banter was pretty good. It's almost as if they went through a checklist of all the ridiculous things they've done in the show. Krang in the shower, Chrome Dome shampoo, their gloating, Krang's fighting and Shredder calling them names. Lots of funny jokes there, "It's not 1987 anymore, we're in the union!" and a lot of other old funny references and jokes.

- Considering this is the last time we'll see them due to the 50 year timeskip, I have to say it was nice seeing the present April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, Slash, Leatherhead and Mondo Gecko one last time. Pretty good sendoff for all of them.

- The original Turtles fight scenes when they got better was really good. Loved them going crazy on the Foot Soldiers.

- Bebop/Rocksteady saving the day and "turning good" was a great direction for them. As said they may join the Mutanimals. Pretty good sendoff for them considering what happened to Rahzar. Ironically enough between Tiger Claw calling a truce and Fishface going back to petty crime, and Baxter just being demutated....all of Shredder's henchmen in this show either turned good or gave up except for Chris Bradford who was the only death.

Lastly I enjoyed the ending. The original characters go back to their universe, I imagine eventually the Technodrome is zapped back over there too. It was damaged and not destroyed, so I can see how Shredder/Krang fix it up again.

Leofan26
09-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Ok, I just watched it and I can honestly say I'm disappointed. Can't any one from the new shows write the 80s turtles right? I could have sworn 80s Leo was a good swordsman :-?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Ok, I just watched it and I can honestly say I'm disappointed. Can't any one from the new shows write the 80s turtles right? I could have sworn 80s Leo was a good swordsman :-?

He is a good swordsman in his own world, he just wasn't used to the Nick show's fighting style at first. But even then, the 80s turtles all learned to perfectly adapt to the Nick universe fighting style VERY quickly, because they are skilled fighters at their core.

Compare this to Timothy/Mutagen Man, whom Donnie trained for a long time and still sucked.

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Also I found a lot of Bebop/Rocksteady's dialogue pretty damn funny in this episode. I'd oddly say this is the funniest Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady have ever been.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Also I found a lot of Bebop/Rocksteady's dialogue pretty damn funny in this episode. I'd oddly say this is the funniest Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady have ever been.

Yeah, part of that is because they were interacting with 80s Shredder and Krang alot which created a funny dynamic while they barely interacted with their own Shredder and never even met any Kraang I think.

Ninturtle
09-14-2017, 08:51 PM

I agree, I loved the part where Rocksteady asked Bebop if he needed a hug.

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Yeah, but I mean even when they were on their own, like when they were in the TCRI elevator or by themselves. Rocksteady going "True dat" and Bebop saying funny slang, Rocksteady thinking of Mother Russia, etc.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I think we can all agree these were Nick Bebop and Rocksteadys best episodes in the series.

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 10:26 PM
This episode also revealed a bit more closure for the show and it's characters:

- It's interesting to see the EPF take over the TCRI building and confiscate all the Kraang tech. Was this the first episode they showed this or was this already in a previous episode? I don't remember. Also kind of weird the EPF were here but no Bishop, I guess they couldn't have too many voice actors.

- Also it's interesting the last appearance of present Casey is his ribs getting cracked. Maybe he eventually retires from fighting even before the timeskip.

- Karai and Shinigami were shown patrolling the streets taking down crime with the Foot. I also don't think this was shown before unless I'm forgetting something. I guess if Fishface ever causes trouble again he would be taken down by them

- Traag and Granitor are now dead with their bodies blown up. From what I remember their last appearances just showed them drifting in Dimension X.

- Mutagen Man's whole body was shown in the background while Don was bored in the first ep and kicked his chair back. The writers likely showed that part intentionally. :lol:

- Leonardo is still trying to meditate like Splinter and get more in touch with nature.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Not to mention the perfect the perfect closure for the 80s Turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady in both the Nick show and as a whole.

I can't see them appearing anymore (especially with the original VAs) in the future, except for maybe in shorts but not in any show or movie.

30 years ago in 1987 we had the 1st episode with these characters, and today they all go out with a bang!

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Yeah, this might be it for them. I don't think the 2018 show will do crossovers. There might be a small chance we have an entire original cartoon special made by Nick focusing only on the 80's Turtles, but that's probably not too likely either. Still they've gotten better at the 2D animated scenes and they could make a whole special like that if they wanted to in the future.

Jester
09-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Which Raph throws his sai at Shredder's com screen when the knuckleheads attack? And is that Mikey's voice coming out of Raph in that same scene? Think it's an intentional goof?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-14-2017, 11:26 PM
Im pretty sure its 80s Raph since he then says "See, Cool but Rude" in Mikeys voice. That was no doubt intentional.

CyberCubed
09-14-2017, 11:28 PM
I'm impressed that Rob Paulsen made his Raphael voice different than his Donatello voice in the episode. He could have gone the cheap and easy route by just talking as Don, but no his Raph voice sounded like his old 80's Raph. He talks much higher pitched and faster as Don.

victory_angel
09-15-2017, 01:07 AM
This episode also revealed a bit more closure for the show and it's characters:

- It's interesting to see the EPF take over the TCRI building and confiscate all the Kraang tech. Was this the first episode they showed this or was this already in a previous episode? I don't remember. Also kind of weird the EPF were here but no Bishop, I guess they couldn't have too many voice actors.

It was revealed the EPF took over the TCRI building during Tokka Vs. The World.

I would have hoped that maybe one of the FW turtles asked "Hey, is your Splinter on sabbatical or something?" Because that's what they said when Splinter conveniently was not in the episode during the FW show.

And the Nick turtles response could be

Donnie: No...he

Leo: Our Splinter was....

Raph: He was murdered...

**FW Turtles Gasp or make shocked sounding noises**

Raph: By our version of the Shredder.

Leo: It's just been the four of us eversince.

Mikey: Well the four of us, April, Casey, Ice Cream Kitty...oh and the mutanimals.

NikitaZhukov
09-15-2017, 06:11 AM
- Traag and Granitor are now dead with their bodies blown up.

Well, that's arguable. From one point of view, we've seen Traag reconstruct his body more than once in S1, BUT he didn't have his eyes being open when his head flew into the portal. That might mean that he's done but I wouldn't bet on that.

TheBlueTurtle1
09-15-2017, 06:36 AM
where can I watch this?

oldmanwinters
09-15-2017, 12:41 PM
So my review time

Let's start with the positives. The OT has the original cast back save (James Avery R.I.P.) and it's nice to hear them again sounding much better than Transdimenional Turtles, just needed to clear the rust off it seems? I like how Bebop & Rocksteady played off of OT Shredder at times and there ever so colorful string of insults are always a joy to hear.

As strange as this might sound the Turtles complaining about the complacency in their lives is very similar to the beginning of City at War. Even down to Leo being dissatisfied to being downsized to neighborhood watch. Odd place to have that reference but I'll take it all the same.

I see the universal constant of Bebop & Rocksteady ruining Shredder & Krangs plans still rings true even in another dimension, although my gripe is this being the same way the Turtles we're saved in Turtles Forever. Inside jokes were a plenty such as OT Leonardo being the only one taking being a ninja seriously (but then he doesn't, more on that later) All and all I liked what I liked.

Now for the negatives...
Seems like none of the crossovers can get the OT Turtles completely right. It started well with them being in character right until after they get captured. Then the only one who stayed in character was OT Raphael.

OT Leo shouted out his catch phrases at the most random of times instead when he is about to lead them into battle. Like yelling it out when he was locked up was just dumb. Not taking offense to the fact another set of Turtles question their skills when in Turtles Forever they did. http://4thletter.net/wp-content/uploads//tfclowns.jpg
Was right there with the other three on taking a pizza break when usually he is the wet blanket straight man of the show. Not that OT Leonardo wasn't silly just less so than the other three. I get the joke that he's never used his Katana's on humans but he's never had an issue swinging it in their direction and has stabbed plenty of things that weren't robots. So Nick Raph's comment about it being a glorified pizza cutter should've rub him a little wrong.
https://i0.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tmnt2_007.jpg?w=1200
OT Don While he wasn't ragged on by his counterparts as much he was a lot less grumpy than usual. OT never quite lost his temper but he always seem to be grumpy about a lot of things, usually about the other three doing something or feeling underappreciated. He got the better treatment other than looking like a joke in nearly every fight. Or even training...

OT Mikey Was actually sort of bland. Like he wasn't entirely in character? It's a little hard to describe. Nothing he did wasn't something I didn't expect from the guy but it's almost like he wasn't doing things I should expect from him?

OT Shredder may be a pushover but he was never really cowardly, that's about the only complaint I have against him.

http://i.imgur.com/YP7Kiak.gif

props to having OT Raph be lazy when they were going through movements as he was rather lazy in the show. But OT Leonardo not being able to recreate such simple forms seemed out of character. Not being able to take down simple Foot bots who were really competent in this special for some reason? Not trying to fight Shredder was another thing I found weird as OT Leo always left the henchmen to the other Turtles to pursue the ring leader of any fight they were in.(But that is a nitpik) My final grade for this special would be a 6/10.

That one got me a bit miffed. We've seen in the opening credits that Mikey can totally bash those sacks, but they made him inept for little reason.

I'd love to go back and find the episodes of the FW series, probably all pilot mind series stuff, that was "borrowed" for the 2D stuff.

A big part of it is that the Nick turtles here acted like the 4kids turtles. Barring Mikey, they came off as if they were totally serious alllll the time. I mean, come on, they shoot sewer lids & garbage balls at their enemies, fight with food, use junk/clutter/environmental hazards to their benefit, run around in plain sight, etc. Tactics no different than the Fred Wolf turtles. But then they go & make their predecessors look like dopes for doing the same. & now they not only don't know how to fight, but have to be trained by these guys? C'mon, son. I get the joke, but there's a certain arrogance to it that I'm not entirely sure they've earned. Turtles Forever's treatment of this sorta thing felt a lot more justified because their universe was more serious, a Mirage offshoot which didn't really have any wackiness in it. Of course they'd be less tolerant of the happy-go-lucky characters/actions, & find humor in contrasting the two series' different tones. The Nick series on the other hand is a lot more similar to the Fred Wolf one than it thinks it is, if you ask me. That's not to say I don't love this version, it's my favorite of all the animated shows, but this particular arc didn't sit right with me on a whole.

Like Jester said, they couldn't even get through an homage to the opening sequence without making a fool of Michelangelo. We know he's got lightning fast hands which can bat away most projectiles, but here he can't even manage a few bean-bags? It's like revisionist history. :tlol:

Pot, meet Kettle. You have a LOT in common.

newfan
09-16-2017, 02:55 AM
It's interesting seeing the different reactions from the Original TMNT fans, some of you seem to think they mostly captured them and others think they were way off, in terms of fighting skills etc.
How many of you who haven't watched them in recent years have gone back and re-watched them since this?
As for the training, I was just under the impression that Nick was darker so what they were going up against was too? is that wrong?

2012 Shredder didn't appear in either crossover (obviously dead by this one) Did any of you want to see the two together or would it just have been pointless?

I liked the 80's movies props in this, this arc was not made for today's kids :)

I was surprised at actually seeing Casey's rib break.

When I saw the title 'The Foot Walks Again' I assumed it was because Shredder and Kraang teamed up with Beebop and Rocksteady, instead it turned out that Karai got to lead it after all, I guess that is her end tied up.

ninja-guyver
09-16-2017, 06:16 AM
The humour around the 80s turtles was very self aware because obviously alot of the fighting and violence jokes were aimed at the fact that they had to tone down the violence for the original toon after the first season because either parents complaining or whatever telling them to tone it back.

there was some exaggeration like Leonardo shouting turtle power while they were captured and giving themselves away or the fact the turtles couldn't fight at all when training but for the most part i thought it was fun.

09-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Those mini-rock soldiers from Dimension X looked like enemies from some Mario videogame.

victory_angel
09-16-2017, 11:22 AM
I thought the FW turtles were fairly spot on. The OT was always a goofy show. While they did have serious moments and episodes. There were still some plots on the enemy side that would still result in a five-year-old sing-songingly saying "It's not going to work!" And even hero plot lines that just didn't make sense logically. But it was the 1980's and 90's that was more or less a time where logic does go out the window quite a few times in the attempt to tell a good story.

Such as one episode Raphael learned he was going to die because of a defective health monitor thing that Donatello created. So he goes out as a character called the "GREEN DEFENDER" to do what good he can before he kicks the bucket. And then couple that with a villain plot centering on a guy who wants to destroy the world because the lily he was cultivating wasn't named after him.

Another plotline (I believe this was one of the space stories they had) had Donatello trying to defuse a bomb. Raphael is telling him to cut the red wire because he's the meta guy of the group. "Cut the red wire, it's always the red wire." Instead, Donatello cuts the purple wire which conveniently shuts down the bomb and when asked how he knew it was the purple wire, he just says it's the same color of his eye mask.

The OT Turtles are always meant to be hoaky when compared to their more serious counterparts. Because their era forced them to be more comedic and child-friendly so naturally the physical logic in their universe is different too. But the same logic doesn't apply to the other Turtle Universes.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 01:56 PM
And yet they still learned to adapt to the 2k12 universe ,showing they are more than capable fighters.

If anything, it was the 2k12 turtles who were the most under-utilised characters in my opinion. The 80s turtles, Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady had a defined arc over the entire episode while the 2k12 Turtles didn't progress too much outside of appreciating their 80s couterparts more by the end which could've been done better.

MikeandRaph87
09-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Should we argue that the 1987 Turtles can adapt to any universe thus are the better fighters?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Should we argue that the 1987 Turtles can adapt to any universe thus are the better fighters?

I think its a constant in the Ninja Turtles multiverse, that they (any version of turtles) are flexible and can adapt to situations that allow them to overcome impossible odds. Even the 87 turtles, whom many people call lame fighters, I'd argue are among the best when everything is factored in.

This brings me to another point, which I don't think anyone has talked about, that their fight with Tiger Claw was probably very different from their fight with Bebop and Rocksteady. Whereas the latter took place in the Nick universe, putting the 87 turtles at a disadvantage, they fought Tiger Claw on their home turf, which gave them all sorts of cartoon physics and tactics which TC wouldn't have been prepared for.

In a similar vein, the 80s Turtles competently fought against the Kraang and Kraang Subprime since they are technically not characters from the Nick universe, but Dimension X which the 80s turtles are used to.

This makes me wonder, is this an explanation for why the 80s Foot Soldiers are so competent in the Nick universe? In the 80s world, they are near useless as they use simple brute force which is outclassed by the 80s turtles' slapstick/ninjitsu tactics while in the Nick universe, they are shown to be able to give both teams of turtles combined trouble and even hold their own against the EPF, who are highly trained.

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Speaking of the Foot Soldiers, I really liked how they looked in 3D. I'm not sure why, but their 3D models were perfect. Loved the purple coloring and their faces, and the way they moved like the Playmates figures hunched over.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 04:52 PM
This isn't a major complaint but I think it would've been so much cooler if when Krang opened the portal, we got the classic Rock soldiers instead of the new ones.

Especially if General Traag came out shouting "We are at your command Lord Krang!"

Vegita-San
09-16-2017, 04:54 PM
yeah, but they already ret conned his origin so they had to stick with the new x.

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 04:56 PM
yeah, but they already ret conned his origin so they had to stick with the new x.

They didn't retcon anything.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-16-2017, 04:58 PM
I guess Krang had access to Nick rock soldiers as well as his own variants.

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Because he was also opening the portal in the Nick-verse.

evan2000
09-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Found another easter egg, the loading screen of old school TMNT arcade game appearing on the Techodrome's computer screen:

https://i.imgur.com/Bu7iFen.gif

Compare with this as reference:

46ajo17rQiw

kelligrafie
09-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Aside from the casual 1987 references in terms of mentioned vocally or appearing onscreen on signs/doors etc.

The villains union card that Nick Beebop flashes at the screen is signed by Pat Fraley and I'm assuming the other scribble is James Avery.

And when they go after the krang crystals you can see 80s memorabilia such as Robocop's head/helmet, a Teddy Ruxpin, Freddy Krueger's hat and claws. There's also a silhouette of something that looks either like a Thundercat or old school Wolverine. There's also loads more references in that particular scene if anyone wants to go through it frame by frame.

It hasn't been that long since I re-watched some of the old 80's episodes and I have to say, either some of you are overdosing on nostalgia and are blinded to how capable the 80's turtles were as ninjas, or it has literally been 25 years since you watched an episode and your memories are hazy at best.

The 80's turtles were not mistreated in this crossover.

You have to think that not only did the 2012 turtles have to take on the villains, watch their own backs in a fight, they also had to keep one eye on the 80's turtles to protect them if and when the situation arose.

Because they were a serious hindrance at times. Their fighting skills were not up to speed with the 2012 dimension. And their involvement could have endangered the mission.

They weren't down at Timothy's level of being incompetent but they weren't capable of fighting 2012 villains.

You could probably argue that had 80's Shredder and Krang been as dangerous as their 2012 counterparts, it would've been a much different story. The 80's turtles would've been much better fighters because they would've had to be.

I'd say the 80's series got a gentle ribbing at best.

And I'll remind you that nobody ribbed the 80's series more than the 80's series itself. They poked fun at themselves all the time.

Coola Yagami
09-17-2017, 12:10 PM
They didn't retcon anything.

Oh yes they did. They made Krang be from an entirely different Dimension X.

Vegita-San
09-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Oh yes they did. They made Krang be from an entirely different Dimension X.

how can the shows biggest fan have missed this simple fact, when someone who's only seen most episodes only once caught on? :)

Ulisa
09-17-2017, 04:56 PM
It hasn't been that long since I re-watched some of the old 80's episodes and I have to say, either some of you are overdosing on nostalgia and are blinded to how capable the 80's turtles were as ninjas, or it has literally been 25 years since you watched an episode and your memories are hazy at best.

The 80's turtles were not mistreated in this crossover.

You have to think that not only did the 2012 turtles have to take on the villains, watch their own backs in a fight, they also had to keep one eye on the 80's turtles to protect them if and when the situation arose.

Because they were a serious hindrance at times. Their fighting skills were not up to speed with the 2012 dimension. And their involvement could have endangered the mission.

They weren't down at Timothy's level of being incompetent but they weren't capable of fighting 2012 villains.

You could probably argue that had 80's Shredder and Krang been as dangerous as their 2012 counterparts, it would've been a much different story. The 80's turtles would've been much better fighters because they would've had to be.

I'd say the 80's series got a gentle ribbing at best.

And I'll remind you that nobody ribbed the 80's series more than the 80's series itself. They poked fun at themselves all the time.

I tend to agree with you somewhat. I don't feel the NICK crossovers necessarily captured the 80s turtles entirely but I don't think it was necessarily done with disrespect either. I consider it a vast improvement over the treatment in Turtles Forever.

However, I think part of the issue is that the 80s series itself was inconsistent with the turtles' skills. In some episodes, they were goof balls that use the environment in simple slapstick but in other episodes, they are shown to be capable of escaping a death trap with their ninja skills, with Donatello essentially mentioning Leonardo's skills as being "a highly trained ninja master" at some point. So, it really did go back and forth. I'd say the crossover was accurate...for some episodes. Inaccurate for others.

I think what kind of rubbed me the wrong way is that while the turtles didn't necessarily use their weapons very often in some episodes, they had shown that they knew HOW to (i.e. Leonardo has used his katana to cut/slice/attack before) and I think the training montage poked fun of that a bit much. That being said though, again, I don't see it done with utter disrespect. *shrugs* That may just be me.

Powder
09-17-2017, 05:48 PM
some of you are overdosing on nostalgia and are blinded to how capable the 80's turtles were as ninjas, or it has literally been 25 years since you watched an episode and your memories are hazy at best.

Do you have any idea where you are? This is bordering on insult territory. :tlol:

Ain't no casuals around here.

& besides that, you missed the point entirely despite it being stated clearly a few different times. The problem is that they weren't portrayed this way last time which makes this one feel wrong because of the jarring difference. The turtles were more competent in the previous crossover.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-18-2017, 12:11 AM
When will these episodes air on tv?

I'm guessing they will all be aired as 3 seperate episodes rather than one complete package like the DVD so the theme song will be played before each episode rather than just once at the beginning.

It might also fix some of the errors like having 80s Shredder and Krang on the villains screen rather than Kavaxas/Zombie Shredder and some of the shoddy editing between episodes.

I'm betting there will be an extra quick scene or two in to improve the fluidity of the narrative like it was originally intended, as the DVD seems to have been put together in a rush as the qualitys kinda bad.

ssjup81
09-18-2017, 05:04 AM
Welp, I finally watched this episode. It was....okay? I prefer the first crossover more. I liked the references and stuff made, but the 87 Turtles felt a bit off to me...mostly the fact that they don't apparently know how to use their weapons when they used them in the original series. I mean, in the first episode when they were fighting the Foot, they didn't know they were robots until Raphael stabbed one and Leonardo sliced the other. I can buy that they would have trouble fighting 2012 villains and physics differences, but not knowing how to use their weapons seemed kind of forced, even if they were poking fun at the fact that it got to the point in the original series where they had to use alternative ways of fighting, especially after the show started airing on CBS Saturday morning.

So yeah, other than that, the ep was just okay for me.how can the shows biggest fan have missed this simple fact, when someone who's only seen most episodes only once caught on? :)Yeah, this baffles me. This was one aspect from the other crossover that I disliked. They changed Krang's origin story slightly just so it could fit in with this series. Cubed is completely blind.

CyberCubed
09-18-2017, 12:06 PM
So yeah, other than that, the ep was just okay for me.Yeah, this baffles me. This was one aspect from the other crossover that I disliked. They changed Krang's origin story slightly just so it could fit in with this series. Cubed is completely blind.

It was a minor retcon, I have no idea why people make a big deal out of it. We never truly saw Krang's race in the original cartoon besides 1 minor flashback, so it makes no difference. The "Utroms" were never name-dropped in the original cartoon at all. They never used that name.

ToTheNines
09-18-2017, 02:01 PM
The "Utroms" were never name-dropped in the original cartoon at all. They never used that name.

Oh my god. The fact that they never used the word Utrom is exactly what makes it a retcon you fuc*wit.

How do you so frequently misunderstand these things?

CyberCubed
09-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Krang's race was never named in the OT in general. What does that have to do with anything? David Wise and the other writers never name-dropped "Utrom" in the show, so Krang's race could have been it or anything really.

JH24
09-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh my god. The fact that they never used the word Utrom is exactly what makes it a retcon you fuc*wit.

How do you so frequently misunderstand these things?

Wow. What's your problem? Can't you have a normal discussion without resorting to namecalling? Good example you set here for others.

neatoman
09-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Krang's race was never named in the OT in general. What does that have to do with anything? David Wise and the other writers never name-dropped "Utrom" in the show, so Krang's race could have been it or anything really.

Except they doesn't resemble the Utroms in their non-mutilated form.
https://i2.wp.com/www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-7-krangezoids.jpg?w=1200

Utrommaniac
09-18-2017, 02:48 PM
I stand by my theory the mutation of Krang's clones is just a very, very, very ancient ancestor of the Utroms that ended up reverse engineering genetically.

I can't really think of a good comparison, but I'm aiming for one of the "weirder" transitions in evolution. Basically the only thing "modern" Utroms would have in common with their giant ancestors would be their spines, facial plates, and maybe shoulder joints, but the limbs would have either disappeared or multiplied over the eons.

ToTheNines
09-18-2017, 03:24 PM

Yeah, he could have been anything. Yet they specifically made him an Utrom. Even though he looks nothing like any of the other Utrom/Kraang.

Coola Yagami
09-19-2017, 04:18 PM
Surprised they actually showed April pull Don in for a kiss in that Ice Cream Kitty music video, without any obscure camera angles to make fans argue if it was on the lips or cheek or whatever. It's weird that I found that more surprised by that than seeing Shredder and all the villains dancing like Thriller.

CyberCubed
09-19-2017, 04:59 PM
April kissed Don in the Northampton eps on the lips. What does it matter? Nobody but 15 year old teenage female shippers on tumblr will make a big deal out of it.

Coola Yagami
09-19-2017, 10:58 PM
April kissed Don in the Northampton eps on the lips. What does it matter? Nobody but 15 year old teenage female shippers on tumblr will make a big deal out of it.

All the denial that it was on the cheek due to the camera angle and all the denial on this forum kinda shows it mattered a lot to a lot of people. Hell, whenever the storyboard was leaked, everyone was in denial that it had to be fake. So yeah, it's a big deal.

Cubed, just be quiet. Learn to live and let live. Just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean other people won't make a big deal out of it. Honestly, you didn't even need to reply. Go argue about turtle nostrils which no one cares about but seems to be a huge deal to you. Go lock yourself.

CyberCubed
09-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Why, because you think April kissing Don is a big deal? It was a fun moment for shippers in a non-canon music video that wasn't even part of the show. That's all it was.

The only people who will go crazy about it is young teenage shippers. Nobody else cares or has a, "Eh" reaction to it.

Powder
09-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Cubed's often right but people don't like to give credit where it's due. :tlol:

newfan
09-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Why, because you think April kissing Don is a big deal? It was a fun moment for shippers in a non-canon music video that wasn't even part of the show. That's all it was.

The only people who will go crazy about it is young teenage shippers. Nobody else cares or has a, "Eh" reaction to it.

Erm, I'm not arguing that the Don/April thing wasn't canon, I just can't help but think of all your Shini and Karai posts after a brief hand clasp in the same video.

Coola Yagami
09-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Erm, I'm not arguing that the Don/April thing wasn't canon, I just can't help but think of all your Shini and Karai posts after a brief hand clasp in the same video.

As well as Turtle nostrils, Mutagen Man never being resolved, and whatever else insignificant things you get all worked up over. It stopped being funny and has just become annoying. And this isn't just for the Don/April thing, it's becoming everywhere you post anymore.

All the ruckus over whether or not Rocksteady was gonna be Steranko, when the show does it, he's suddenly ok with it and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Arguing tooth and nail about how the show just HAS to resolve the April mom/Timothy thing, it just has to and you're all wrong. The show is wrapping up and it seems those plot threads will never get resolved, he's suddenly fine with it and WHOEVER ELSE makes a big deal about it is suddenly wrong and it's no longer a big deal just because Cubed suddenly decides it's not a big deal.

Whatever you like just HAS to be what everyone else must like or else something is wrong with them.

Whatever show you like is 100% perfect in your eyes and there simply must be something wrong with anyone that finds faults in it.

Whatever show you hate must be hated by everyone else or else they have horrible taste.

IDK, it was funny at first, but now it gets to the point that whenever Cubed posts I just groan without even reading it. I imagine it as a group of people have a fun discussion and here comes Douchey McNitpick with his annoying voice nagging at everyone and ruining their fun.

I'm just done with it. I can see why the guy behind the TMNT show left. At least you're not in the Pro Wrestling Topic, but I'm pretty much done with this section and any section he posts in.

Vegita-San
09-20-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm just done with it. I can see why the guy behind the TMNT show left. At least you're not in the Pro Wrestling Topic, but I'm pretty much done with this section and any section he posts in.

the ignore section works wonders for the most part :). anyone annoying simply goes bye bye bye. it's only fault is that you see the quoted posts and those are not blocked.

I'm kind of glad i'm not running a forum these days. anyone like that who was sensisly disruptive would be gone in an instant after a few shots at showing they can't change...

Coola Yagami
09-20-2017, 10:21 AM
the ignore section works wonders for the most part :). anyone annoying simply goes bye bye bye. it's only fault is that you see the quoted posts and those are not blocked.

Yeah, either that or you see the posts of people reacting to him and you feel lost as to what the deal was. Maybe ignore him and add a feature where every post that mentions him make or quotes him is ignored too.

Or I'll just leave and stick to other sections of the forum non-tmnt related.

I'm just done with it. Let others be annoyed by him and argue pointlessly with someone that think they're always right no matter what. Let others be trolled. I'm done.

ToTheNines
09-20-2017, 05:39 PM
IDK, it was funny at first, but now it gets to the point that whenever Cubed posts I just groan without even reading it. I imagine it as a group of people have a fun discussion and here comes Douchey McNitpick with his annoying voice nagging at everyone and ruining their fun.

Haha! He totally has to have an annoying voice. It oozes through his keyboard.

09-20-2017, 05:42 PM
When will these episodes air on tv?.

Probably February 2018, after the American football Superbowl final...

Chaotix12345
09-21-2017, 03:01 PM
Got in the DVD today that I won from The World's Finest and just finished watching it. Three words: SOOOOOOOO. MUUUUUUUUCH. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN. A perfect send-off to Nick B&R as well as Karai, Shini, and the Mutanimals.

As for the crossover element, I honestly liked it WAY more than Trans-Dimensional Turtles. It was more original AND had WAY more time to work in some really fun bits. (Like the 80's Turtles trying to use all of the obvious tricks to escape the cage only to be thwarted by Nick B&R using half a brain cell, 80's Raph speaking a clear 80's Raph line in 80's Mike's voice, and 80's Shredder and Krang's flat-out obsession with insulting B&R.)

Only things I would've added were more 80's B&R action and the 80's Turtles reacting to Nick Slash and Leatherhead being good guys (As well as actually using the right version of the opening), but yeah. Great arc and very happy to own it on DVD. I'mma watch it again. :D

oldmanwinters
09-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Got in the DVD today that I won from The World's Finest and just finished watching it. Three words: SOOOOOOOO. MUUUUUUUUCH. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

Hey, congratulations!

BubblyShell22
09-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Got the DVD today and just finished watching the crossover. It was definitely great and I can see why Nick is going to use this as the series finale instead of the apocalypse arc. Honestly, this did feel like a series finale of sorts and worked just fine with that. Everything was on point and I loved every bit of it. Props to Kevin Michael Richardson for providing the voice for 80's Shredder and doing a fantastic job with it. There will never be another James Avery, but Kevin sounded damn close in my opinion and he nailed it. Definitely a proper send off to the series and some of the characters as well as bringing back the original Turtles we love. Just awesome!

FredWolfLeonardo
09-21-2017, 03:45 PM
Its funny how every animated tmnt show has had their final aired episode with the 80s turtles in it.

the 80s show obviously had their own turtles for the finale, the 2k3 show had Turtles Forever and this show had Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady.

Chaotix12345
09-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Hey, congratulations!

Thanks! :)

Redmage1987
09-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Got some screen caps from the "1987" room that Bebop and Rocksteady enter for the microchip. I can only post four per message, though, and I have seven. So the next three will be posted in the next message.

Redmage1987
09-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Next three...

FredWolfLeonardo
09-21-2017, 04:52 PM
My favourite part in that scene is when Bebop scans Robocop's helmet.

MST3KFan
09-21-2017, 11:48 PM
I really think there was a missed opportunity for the 80s Turtles to question how come the Nick Turtles are allies with Slash and Leatherhead.
When the Nick turtles ask why, the 80s turtles would point out how in their universe, they're both villains...and Leatherhead speaks with a cajun accent.

Also, sad they couldn't have 80s April and Splinter appear at some point. I wonder if they wanted to have them in or not.

CyberCubed
09-22-2017, 12:10 AM
I can see why the writers didn't bother, besides for time reasons, it's not important enough. Slash only appeared in 3 episodes of the OT and Leatherhead only 4, it's not like they were major characters.

One missed opportunity is never having the two sets of Bebop/Rocksteady meet, which I thought was going to happen before it aired. Not a big deal, but I would have liked to see Nick Bebop say, "Hey homie! Whassup dawg?" to 80's Bebop, and him responding, "Gee, I dunno but I like your glasses." *snort*

And Nick Rocksteady saying, "We are the Rocksteadies, da?" and 80's Rocksteady saying, "What is da? Is that another way of saying duh?"

Ahahaha. 80's Bebop/Rocksteady never spoke with any slang, so it would be funny to see them interact.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-22-2017, 12:26 AM
Considering both sets of Bebops and Rocksteadys stopped being evil, its probable that they would've met sometime in the future off screen. Would make for some cool fanfiction.

BubblyShell22
09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
I also found it weird that the 80's Turtles never questioned the absence of Splinter since they met him in the previous crossover.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Went to Walmart this morning and picked up the DVD.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKfizBtVwAAnS4N.jpg:small

09-24-2017, 11:59 AM

So, the music video will not air on TV?

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Has it dropped in price?

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Has it dropped in price?
It's $12.96 at Walmart, plus the tax, came out to a total of $13.87

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Yikes. Major ripoff.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Yikes. Major ripoff.
Its cheaper elsewhere? right now the receipt was submitted to Walmart's Saving Catcher, it should be checking if other places out there are selling it cheaper, if it finds it, they would give you some credit, that you can use for your next purchase at Walmart.

ZariusTwo
09-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Yikes. Major ripoff.

The Big Rip-Off?:)

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Looks like the DVD are priced differently elsewhere, its 14.99 at Target, and 11.99 at Best Buy and Amazon, while 12.96 at Walmart.

Walmart does the saving catcher thing, which normally takes 48 hours, once they find a place that is selling it cheaper, they issue a credit to your account with the difference, so maybe they will notice that Best Buy and Amazon is selling it for less.

Vicky82
09-24-2017, 02:58 PM
The DVD is on pre order for £7.99 (on Amazon) in the UK, i've converted it into dollars which is $10.80

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 03:41 PM
Just finished watching the DVD, I thought this 2nd Crossover is way better then the 1st one, The Ice Cream Kitty Music Video plays right at the end

I think this is a proper send off to both the Nick and the 87 versions.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-24-2017, 03:46 PM
A minor nitpick, I do wish this crossover could've atleast had Tiger Claw, since he did have a connection the 80s turtles.

He could've fought alongside the turtles and Karai, since he is in a truce with them now.

We also could've gotten Mona Lisa, Pigeon Pete and Rockwell to appear among the Mutanimals, especially the former two since they are originally FW characters and it wouldve been nice to see the 80s turtles react to them as well as Slash/Leatherhead being allies instead of villains.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
A minor nitpick, I do wish this crossover could've atleast had Tiger Claw, since he did have a connection the 80s turtles.

He could've fought alongside the turtles and Karai, since he is in a truce with them now.

We also could've gotten Mona Lisa, Pigeon Pete and Rockwell to appear among the Mutanimals, especially the former two since they are originally FW characters and it wouldve been nice to see the 80s turtles react to them as well as Slash/Leatherhead being allies instead of villains.
Imagine if the 80s Raph met the Nick Mona Lisa, he would make some sort of snarky remark like. "My Mona Lisa is way hotter." lol

FredWolfLeonardo
09-24-2017, 03:54 PM
A bit of a shame she didn't appear since she was implied to have joined the Mutanimals in When Worlds Collide.

It would've atleast been nice to see her in the new role for atleast 1 episode.

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I imagine if the show went on another season we would have seen stuff like Tiger Claw/Alopex working alongside the Turtles, the Mutanimals with Mona and maybe even Bebop/Rocksteady, etc. Probably a second Usagi crossover, etc.

It's why I said this series had story potential to go on at least another season or two.

Chris
09-24-2017, 03:58 PM
The DVD is on pre order for £7.99 (on Amazon) in the UK, i've converted it into dollars which is $10.80

Still think it's strange that we have the monster arc out, Bebob & Rocksteady coming soon but we've not had the opening arc yet :tlol:

Torn between picking up the two season 4 sets or waiting for the complete season set which we got for the first 3 seasons.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I imagine if the show went on another season we would have seen stuff like Tiger Claw/Alopex working alongside the Turtles, the Mutanimals with Mona and maybe even Bebop/Rocksteady, etc. Probably a second Usagi crossover, etc.

It's why I said this series had story potential to go on at least another season or two.

It does have story potential sure, but I don't think its necessary to have another season to add a few extra things we wanted for season 5.

I think 26 episodes for season 5 would've been ideal, 1 more episode for the crossover, 1 more for the Usagi Arc, 1 more for the finale and 3 episodes for an entirely new arc, but I'm happy with what we got so no regrets :)

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Let's hope the characters from the 2012 series get carried over to the 2018 series, since they are pretty much established, fans know these characters, there's no reason to redo the origin for the new 2D series.

09-24-2017, 04:33 PM

I hoped for seing how the fight between Tigerclaw and the 1987-1996 series turtles ended.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 04:45 PM
I love how this brought closure for Bebop and Rocksteady, both versions of them.

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 05:19 PM
It's not really closure for 80's Bebop/Rocksteady since they go back to working for Shredder/Krang, it's nothing more than a quick joke.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-24-2017, 05:30 PM
80s B&Rs real closure was getting eaten by a giant plant monster :lol:

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 05:45 PM
They probably escaped and are living in Dimension X somewhere.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 06:03 PM
It's not really closure for 80's Bebop/Rocksteady since they go back to working for Shredder/Krang, it's nothing more than a quick joke.
Well at least there was closure for the Nick versions.

neatoman
09-25-2017, 04:15 AM
80s B&Rs real closure was getting eaten by a giant plant monster :lol:

Eaten?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/39/48/e0/3948e0def3dc00ae77b1041fa4a94797--comedy-pallets.jpg

blindturtle02
09-25-2017, 07:52 AM
When will these episodes air on tv?

I'm guessing they will all be aired as 3 seperate episodes rather than one complete package like the DVD so the theme song will be played before each episode rather than just once at the beginning.

It might also fix some of the errors like having 80s Shredder and Krang on the villains screen rather than Kavaxas/Zombie Shredder and some of the shoddy editing between episodes.

I'm betting there will be an extra quick scene or two in to improve the fluidity of the narrative like it was originally intended, as the DVD seems to have been put together in a rush as the qualitys kinda bad.

Loved the crossover. It ties with the first four episodes from Tales as far as my favorite s5 episodes go. It was everything I hoped it would be, but yeah they really rushed this puppy to DVD alright. I was hoping we'd get these three episodes separated the way they've done all the multipart arcs on DVD in the past rather than edited together. I like knowing where one episode ends and the other begins, but they took out the crinkling comic book page sound effect in this one. When we get a complete series set, they'll probably just slap this edit along with the movie length Mutant Apocalypse on the season 5 portion.

Ursalink
09-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Honestly, better than the 80's turtles, they should have made a crossover with the 2003's turtles. Possibly an official sequel of "Turtles Forever". This series' Shredder has been a really big villain, but I think the Utrom Shredder still surpasses him. I'm quite sure it would have been interesting seeing together the turtles from 2012, 2003, 80's and Mirage Comics.

Like the title said "Turtles Forever!".

TigerClaw
09-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Looks like the Walmart Savings Catcher didn't find a lower price, even though its price lower at Best Buy.

Desslok
09-27-2017, 02:57 PM
These episodes were a lot of fun. Plenty of great character moments and the jokes were actually pretty funny. I laughed multiple times throughout.

One of my favorite things is that they played up 80's Shredder's penchant for indiscriminant name calling and insults. That was such a large part of his personality back in the day.

g0ixWMO57Aw

Such a jerk. :lol:

MrPliggins
09-27-2017, 09:16 PM
First time I've watched the Nick show since the last crossover, and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Krang and Shredder were a riot. Pat Fraley's Krang was as perfect as ever, and Shredder's voice was done well too. There wasn't much to the story, but as someone said earlier, the character moments are what made it good. Interesting that it ended in a similar way to Turtles Forever.

The reused '87 animation was pretty obvious at the beginning in the fight between B&R, but overall I'll say this was much better than the last crossover, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like TF best overall (despite the cringe-worthy crying Turtles scenes), but this was a fun watch.

Kit31
09-27-2017, 09:23 PM
First time I've watched the Nick show since the last crossover, and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Krang and Shredder were a riot. Pat Fraley's Krang was as perfect as ever, and Shredder's voice was done well too. There wasn't much to the story, but as someone said earlier, the character moments are what made it good. Interesting that it ended in a similar way to Turtles Forever.

The reused '87 animation was pretty obvious at the beginning in the fight between B&R, but overall I'll say this was much better than the last crossover, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like TF best overall (despite the cringe-worthy crying Turtles scenes), but this was a fun watch.

There was another single-episode crossover prior to this in the the 2012 series called, "Trans-dimensional Turtles". You might want to check that one out, too. :) I will warn you, that it's in the middle of a space arc, so the first few minutes might be a bit confusing.

Powder
09-27-2017, 10:32 PM
Didn't he literally just say he watched it?

Kit31
09-27-2017, 10:48 PM
I didn't know if he was referring to Turtles Forever or Trans-dimensional Turtles. It was a bit confusing. If he did watch TDT, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Edit: After reading it again, it seems like he did watch TDT. That was the closest attempt at Turtles Forever, but I guess he liked Turtles Forever better than TDT. I can respect that. :)

MrPliggins
09-28-2017, 09:40 PM
Ah, sorry for the confusion in my statement! Yes, I saw TDT (which is the "last crossover" I referred to). It was the last ep of Nick I watched before W:BaR. I think this one was a definite improvement production-wise and story-wise.

Kit31
09-29-2017, 03:54 AM
Ah, sorry for the confusion in my statement! Yes, I saw TDT (which is the "last crossover" I referred to). It was the last ep of Nick I watched before W:BaR. I think this one was a definite improvement production-wise and story-wise.

It was definitely more fun. Not that I had any real issues with TDT. W: BaR had kind of a weird ending, and I mean the very last line of the episode. I loved the ICK music video at the end, though. :)

ABrown
11-04-2017, 09:06 PM
I was wide awake at about one in the morning and noticed that the three episodes were available OnDemand. So I gave it a middle of the night viewing. It was exactly what I expected it to be: an unnecessary duplication of Turtles Forever. I mean had the 4Kids series not done the exact same thing eight years earlier, I definitely would've found these three episodes entertaining. But enough is enough. It's been fun Nickelodeon, looking forward to you making Turtles Forever III in about five years or so with the new series.

CyberCubed
11-04-2017, 09:10 PM
I was wide awake at about one in the morning and noticed that the three episodes were available OnDemand. So I gave it a middle of the night viewing. It was exactly what I expected it to be: an unnecessary duplication of Turtles Forever. I mean had the 4Kids series not done the exact same thing eight years earlier, I definitely would've found these three episodes entertaining. But enough is enough. It's been fun Nickelodeon, looking forward to you making Turtles Forever III in about five years or so with the new series.

These eps didn't really play out anything like Turtles Forever though. These were about Bebop/Rocksteady comically being the stars for original cartoon Shredder/Krang.

I'd say the first crossover, Trans-dimensional Turtles from Season 4, was more of a sequel to Turtles Forever than this was.

DVD
11-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Watched it twice now.
It isnít Turtles Forever. That show had a specific title and had a very specific direction, and it totally worked as far as I was concerned in meeting itís own goals .
These last three episodes set out to give B.B. n RS a run for our money. Great idea to team up the then Shredder and now B.B. n RS. I hack expected the pair to strike back at Shredder after all the insults .. which were really quite funny.

As the last three episodes Iíll see (as first time viewings) of this series, I canít comlain. I know they werenít the filmed final episodes, (very evident with the Space Heroes), but they closed the show in good style and left me feeling good about the series.

IndigoErth
11-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Found this one (and what I assume are the last two with it since it's said to be 65 minutes) available on demand. Since the commercial finally said it will be on a noon next Sunday (was hoping for evening!) and I'll inevitably be at work, guess I'll probably just watch it tonight instead. Bittersweet.

ABrown
11-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Found this one (and what I assume are the last two with it since it's said to be 65 minutes) available on demand.

I had thought about creating a thread at some point to discuss this, but there's really no point now that the show's over. Are you watching on Comcast's OnDemand? How do you find the show? I don't ever see it in ANY of the folders. The only way that I've found the show to watch OnDemand is by searching for "Teenage Mutant", with the episodes popping up along with hundreds of other TMNT options.

IndigoErth
11-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Yup, and that's exactly how I found it too. It's ridiculousness that it's not listed in the Nick section, esp when it used to be! At least it was for a while. :ohwell: Was kind of shocked a bit ago (prob back in the summer) when I found the Nick show turned up in the search!

sdp
11-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Well I just watched it and I was extremely disappointed by the episode and I was so looking forward to the second crossover, especially when I saw it was 3 episodes.

The main problem with the crossover is it was stretched out over 3 episodes, I mean look at all the things they did in the first crossover which only lasted one episode. Here the turtles never went to the OT universe, likely because of budget but it should've been done in one or two episodes max.

Rocksteady & Beebop save the crossover, they were hilarious. I love them. Russian Rocksteady is great, too bad his human self was nothing like his mutated form, he was this badass gangster weapons guy if we remember But I can forgive that change since he's so awesome.

My main gripe is the treatment of the OT Turtles, it seems the writers decided to see if they could insult them as bad as Turtles Forever did. Now I don't think it ever got as bad as in Turtles Forever but after giving them such great treatment in the first crossover why do a bait and switch for this crossover?

Krang's CG body is so awful, noticed it also when re-watching the first crossover, Vegita does better with proportions in his amateur work. Shredder/Turtles also look odd but not enough to call it out.

I just realized....

With Slash and Mondo in the mix, we have 3 Donnies & 3 Mikeys...I'm positive that's intentional.

What do you mean?

I loved this special outside of the 80's turtles being made to look like huge wimps.
And having to be trained by the Nick TMNT.
Which makes me wonder if this causes the turtles to go into the Red Sky era of the old toon.

I like this theory.

CyberCubed
11-05-2017, 10:54 PM
I don't think the OT Turtles were treated badly, of course they're not going to be as strong as Nick Bebop/Rocksteady or as good fighters as the Nick Turtles. But when they actually got tough they took out all the enemies like they were nothing and destroyed all the Foot Soldiers and fought the Rock Soldiers.

They also did a ton with Bebop/Rocksteady and Shredder/Krang, they were the real stars of this 3-parter, not any of the Turtles.

sdp
11-05-2017, 11:03 PM
They were treated badly but it's something I can look past, It's Turtles Forever that I still can't get over it. They were definitely treated much better in the first crossover and like I said the biggest problem with this crossover is the stakes weren't as big and it's a three parter. First crossover is such a great episode, it was going to be hard to top.

But Rocksteady & Beebop also got stronger because of the Dimension X Tech, because even the Nick turtles mention that "wow, they're actually strong" or something along those lines. I was weary going into it because the DVD was called Rockseady and Beebop instead of having a crossover title/cover but man did those two deserve the name of the DVD/Cover, they played off of Shredder/Krang so much better than their OT counterparts.

I hope the new show crosses over with the OT, every TMNT show should crossover with them from now on, as the one link to the turtles multiverse.

CyberCubed
11-05-2017, 11:09 PM
These episodes were basically about Shredder/Krang using the Technodrome to take over the Nick dimension, essentially every plot they had in the OT repowering the Technodrome just in the Nickverse.

They handled Shredder extremely well especially given he's voiced by Nick's Shredder and the banter between him and Krang and Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady were great. Especially all the inside jokes like Krang getting out of the shower, using Shredder's Chrome Dome Shampoo, them insulting Bebop/Rocksteady and Bebop saying, "What's with all the insults? It's not 1987 anymore! We're in the union!" :lol:

I also liked that we got to see the original Foot Soldiers in 3D and they were far more competent at fighting in this show than they ever were in the original cartoon. They were more like the videogame ones!

Finally it was nice seeing Nick's Traag/Granitor one last time, funnily enough this is the first appearance of the actual Rock Soldier army in Nick and they're just small rock heads!

These eps also gave some last bit of spotlight to the Nick cast like April/Casey, Karai/Shinigami, and Slash/Mondo/Leatherhead which was nice.

As for the Turtles while the training scenes was a bit off, they did act like themselves at every other point. OT Raph was more sarcastic than usual saying to Karai, "Nice to meet you too." after she called them bug-eyed. And Leonardo was hilarious with the way he thought he couldn't use his weapons and then got violent. OT Don helped save the day as usual and Michelangelo was handled fine.

Kit31
11-05-2017, 11:09 PM
How I see things is the OT universe and the 2012 universe are very different. The tactics that work in the OT one might not work in the 2012 one. You see this when Raphael (OT) tried the same fire hydrant trick in the second crossover. The laws of physics are different between the two dimensions, apparently. So it also makes sense that the OT Turtles' style of fighting isn't as effective in the 2012 Turtles' world.

This is my theory, anyway. :tcool:

Vegita-San
11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Krang's CG body is so awful, noticed it also when re-watching the first crossover, Vegita does better with proportions in his amateur work. Shredder/Turtles also look odd but not enough to call it out.

the problem with artists recreating original stuff is sometimes they like to stylize. And Krangs body is WAY Stylized. especially in the middle proportion. Shredder was probably the best of the OT designs. The turtles look seemed based off the Dan Burger (?) merchandise art. I didn't like it at first.. but it grew on me more than Krang did.