PDA

View Full Version : What's on Your Bucket List?

TurtleWA
09-12-2017, 11:31 AM
The Wiki definition of Bucket List for those that are unfamiliar with the phrase is..."A list of activities someone wants to do before he or she dies is often called a bucket list, because it is a list of things a person wants to do before he or she 'kicks the bucket."

My List in no particular order.

Visit South Africa for the Great White Shark tour
Learn to Golf
Go to SDCC
Go to NYCC
Have another child
Visit Las Vegas
Participate in an eating contest
Start playing guitar again
Catch up on reading TMNT

Well that's about what I have so far in the last few minutes of thinking about it. What is on your list?

plastroncafe
09-12-2017, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping to someday:

- White-water raft the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon
- See the Milky Way
- Sky Dive again
- Travel a Crusader Path
- Visit Tibet
- Be on a Comic Con panel

IndigoErth
09-12-2017, 09:31 PM
That's hard, I'm at a point right now where I don't even bother much with having such a 'list' since I assume most wouldn't happen. I guess a few things my be:

I've been considering, for a couple years or so, trying martial arts, but not sure I'll ever have both the time and money at the same time. And the energy. The present job wears me out so much...

I'd love to see a tornado. But at a safe distance and in the "middle of nowhere" where it won't harm anything or anyone.

Wouldn't mind actually getting to see NYC. Only day I was ever there I spent the whole time trapped behind a vendor table at NYCC. (Really it's weird that I've been to the Midwest and all the states south of me, but never to NY which is a lot closer. Live in the Northeast and never been any further north than PA and Jersey.)

- See the Milky Way
I've only just once and wish I could again. Saw it on that same trip to Kansas mentioned in that travel thread yesterday. Until then, I had no idea you even COULD see it.

Prowler
09-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Don't really have ne but I'd like to do some things before I die, such as:

- Visit every single country in Europe. I've been to several but got more than half left. Also, I haven't seen everything I've wanted to see in the places I've been to yet. Lots of major cities left;
- Visit Asian countries and cities such as Japan, Hong Kong, China, Macao, South Korea, Mongolia, Taiwan and Singapore;
- Play some video games I've been putting on-hold for years now;
- Watch some classic anime I have not watched yet;
- Read some books from my backlog;

...and that's all, I think. Nothing much, really.

ProactiveMan
09-12-2017, 11:22 PM
- Write a bucket list...

BubblyShell22
09-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Go to Disney World one more time.

Go to one of the comic conventions such as SDCC, NYCC, or maybe Wizard World in Chicago.

See Wrestlemania live.

Go to a live WWE RAW or SmackDown event.

Visit Tennessee to see the mountains which are always beautiful.

Go to a lake just to relax.

newfan
09-13-2017, 10:26 AM
I don't really have one.

I always wanted to experience living in the US, I did that for year.
I used to want to skydive, not sure about that now.

I'd like to ride in a helicopter
Maybe see Australia
Develop some creative writing skills and further my education a little.
Oh...and see some more of Italy.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-13-2017, 05:50 PM
I don't have much on mine. Mostly visit parts of Italy, Japan, and Britain(mostly Ireland), and live long enough to see Halley's Comet again. I'd like to scuba dive off the Great Barrier Reef, and maybe learn a martaial art like Jeet Kun Do. That's about it.

Candy Kappa
09-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Visit Japan, and get my Dan grade for swinging swords around.

DestronMirage22
09-14-2017, 09:13 AM
The only thing I really want to do before I die is be in an honest to goodness relationship with someone.

I don't necessarily mean romantic.

I just want to have someone who I can completely confide in, who'll be there in the best and worst if times, someone to share fun times with, someone who shares similar interests with me, who can help me when I feel like I can't go on, someone who genuinely cares for me despite the fact that I'm a screw-up. A real friend.

That's all I want.

I know it's probably foolish of me to hope for something like that, but anything's possible right?

plastroncafe
09-14-2017, 09:43 AM
The only thing I really want to do before I die is be in an honest to goodness relationship with someone.

I just want to have someone who I can completely confide in, who'll be there in the best and worst if times, someone to share fun times with, someone who shares similar interests with me, who can help me when I feel like I can't go on, someone who genuinely cares for me despite the fact that I'm a screw-up. A real friend.

That's all I want.

I know it's probably foolish of me to hope for something like that, but anything's possible right?

Not at all. Intimacy, true intimacy, is in my opinion the best thing on Earth.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-14-2017, 05:30 PM

That's all I want.

Not at all foolish. My suggestion would be to get a dog or cat. No I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but you literally just described the relationship one has with a pet. Pets are there for us when we feel lost or alone, we can confide and trust in them fully, they help us feel better, we can have fun with them or just share their company, and they don't care if we screw up. Plus they couldn't care less what our hobbies are as long as we spend time with them. They don't judge.

Papenbrook
09-14-2017, 09:46 PM
The only thing that's on my "Bucket List" is seeing this game crash and burn.

https://images.genius.com/0b4b5ea4ab2cb66b727ad27e52889da0.1000x1000x1.jpg

TurtleTitan97
09-14-2017, 09:57 PM
You got problems, Pap. Seriously.

snake
09-14-2017, 10:08 PM
- Publish a book
- Travel to Rome
- F*ck around in Japan
- F*ck around in Thailand
- Scuba Diving

That's all I could think of atm

Cure
09-14-2017, 10:11 PM
- F*ck around in Thailand

Watch out for those girly mangs, mang.

PApagreg
09-14-2017, 10:39 PM
Probably travel around the axis countries(Germany,Japan, and Italy) and maybe vist Amsterdam for a few days

Prowler
09-15-2017, 01:56 AM
Probably travel around the axis countries(Germany,Japan, and Italy) and maybe vist Amsterdam for a few days
You're probably joking but that's an odd way of referring to those countries in 2017 :lol:

CyberCubed
09-15-2017, 02:21 AM
I'm surprised how many people list traveling to other countries, I seem to be the only one that doesn't really have much interest in visiting other countries. I mean I wouldn't mind going, but the time/effort, the money, and the language barrier (I only speak english), makes me meh on the idea.

You can't really see much of a country if you're only visiting for a week or so anyway, so other than the few most famous landmarks you're not getting the whole scope of it.

Prowler
09-15-2017, 03:06 AM
I'm surprised how many people list traveling to other countries, I seem to be the only one that doesn't really have much interest in visiting other countries. I mean I wouldn't mind going, but the time/effort, the money, and the language barrier (I only speak english), makes me meh on the idea.

You can't really see much of a country if you're only visiting for a week or so anyway, so other than the few most famous landmarks you're not getting the whole scope of it.
English is the lingua franca of the world. Obviously not everyone speaks it, but many do.

Ofc you won't get the whole scope of it in a short trip since you only see the good parts. You'd have to live in a country for a long time to get to know it well, but that doesn't mean you can't see nice things or learn new things from travelling abroad. that being said, it's not for everyone and if you're not interested that's fine. :)

Prowler
09-15-2017, 03:12 AM

English is the lingua franca of the world. Obviously not everyone speaks it, but many do.

Ofc you won't get the whole scope of it in a short trip since you only see the good parts. You'd have to live in a country for a long time to get to know it well, but that doesn't mean you can't see nice things or learn new things from travelling abroad. that being said, it's not for everyone and if you're not interested that's fine. :)

DestronMirage22
09-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Not at all foolish. My suggestion would be to get a dog or cat. No I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but you literally just described the relationship one has with a pet. Pets are there for us when we feel lost or alone, we can confide and trust in them fully, they help us feel better, we can have fun with them or just share their company, and they don't care if we screw up. Plus they couldn't care less what our hobbies are as long as we spend time with them. They don't judge.

I actually do have some pets.
Two turtles. Two cold, unfeeling reptiles that barely register my existence and pretty much only know me as the guy who brings them their food.
So not much of a relationship there. Haha....

But I do see your point about a dog or a cat.
They're cute, fun to play with, and I've even heard they can be therapeutic.
I'd love to get a cat, but I don't think one would ever be a real substitute for an actual human relationship.
They could never fully fill that void...

plastroncafe
09-15-2017, 10:20 AM
In the past couple years I have experienced both the loss of a long-term intimate relationship as well as the death of a long time pet.

Both wrecked me in different ways, but I think the death of the pet affected me more acutely.

But you're right about the reptiles not giving much in the way of emotion. :D

BubblyShell22
09-16-2017, 08:28 AM
I think having a relationship with a pet is better than having a relationship with a human because pets listen to you and don't judge you on what you say. They are always there for you when you need them and never hurt your feelings or act like you don't matter later on in life. Yes, it's devastating to lose a pet when that time comes, but you can take comfort that they gave you some good memories and always were there for you no matter what.

Not sure if I'll ever get a pet, but I definitely would prefer that type of relationship.

As for visiting other countries, I have always been fascinated by Ireland and would love to go there one day.

Prowler
09-16-2017, 04:01 PM
I sometimes feels like the only person left on Earth that never had a pet. Are people like me uncommon?

BubblyShell22
09-16-2017, 05:46 PM
No, not really. I don't have a pet now and haven't for some time. Closest I had was my sister's dog Toby and the only pet I had was my cat named Socks.

Prowler
09-16-2017, 05:51 PM
No, not really. I don't have a pet now and haven't for some time. Closest I had was my sister's dog Toby and the only pet I had was my cat named Socks.
You still had them before. I had 0 :P

i wanted a cat when I was a kid, but my mother is allergic to them so we never got one in the end.