PDA

View Full Version : Batman/TMNT 2

Ninjinister
09-13-2017, 12:10 PM
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/09/13/dc-entertainment-idw-publishing-and-nickelodeon-join-forces-again?sf113801741=1

Yay

myconius
09-13-2017, 12:20 PM
i'm just about ready to start doing a snoopy dance!! :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/jQNubpEQB18iY/200w.gif

MikeandRaph87
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Its really round 3. It was great to see Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon interacting with the Turtles.

I do wonder if this one will be a follow up to the Shredder/Ra's mutating Arkham inmates story-line.

After everything I am hoping we could get a crossover with Sonic The Hedgehog by this time next year. We had a tease before, but the titles were only being published alongside each other in Archie for a brief period.

Then there is Spider-Man!

turtlefan27
09-13-2017, 12:32 PM
This totally made my day! So exciting

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Huh. I kinda lost interest in the first one (and never had interest in the NickTMNT/Batman) when all the rogues got mutated...

Not a fan of Donnie being the least skilled fighter in IDW (one of the worst Donnie stereotypes... thanks, 4Kids and Nick cartoons :flaming:) but I do love me some Bane.

Andrew NDB
Well, it's got Bane in there... now I have to read it. That's my dawg.

I'd be lying if I said this, like the first one, doesn't make me sad on some level. Here are these awesome Batman crossovers I've always wanted to see with TMNT... and it's not with Mirage.

But whatever.

neatoman
09-13-2017, 12:35 PM
Bane tries to take over New York... Ok, I honestly didn't know what to expect from a second crossover. Wonder who he'll team up with?

myconius
09-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Its really round 3.

same, but different.

i'm really excited to see where the story picks up. :D

especially since they've already got all the introductions out of the way in the first story.

just really wish that whole (Turtles traveling to the DCU causing their Mutagen to become inert) wasn't a thing.

it kind of limits the story a bit.

for that reason i really enjoyed the 'Animated Adventures' version cross-over.

but i am still REALLY excited for this!! :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Well, it's got Bane in there... now I have to read it. That's my dawg.

I'd be lying if I said this, like the first one, doesn't make me sad on some level. Here are these awesome Batman crossovers I've always wanted to see with TMNT... and it's not with Mirage.

But whatever.

True, true... but this is probably second best, given the other TMNT options.

I do really wish that for all of its zany crossovers, Mirage had made more cool crossovers happen. But different times, different business models...

C'est le vie.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
True, true... but this is probably second best, given the other TMNT options.

Oh, totally.

I do really wish that for all of its zany crossovers, Mirage had made more cool crossovers happen. But different times, different business models...

Yeah, all we got was, like... Flaming Carrot, Creed, Cerebeus and a little bit of low-key Usagi stuff. And Savage Dragon.

If not with the Big 2, I would've loved to have seen some Dark Horse crossovers with Mirage. TMNT vs. Aliens (or the other thing) could have really put Mirage on the map. I think there was some old, bad blood between Kev/Pete and Dark Horse, though. While at Image it's also too bad there wasn't ever any push to get some kind of TMNT/Spawn crossover going... that also might have moved the needle.

DrSpengler
09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
As much as I enjoyed Batman/TMNT Adventures, THIS is what I was really looking for. Can't wait.

And man, it means we're getting TMNT/Ghostbusters II and Batman/TMNT II in the same year. And in the last two months of the year, no less. IDW was holding out on us all 2017!

DrSpengler
09-13-2017, 01:10 PM
Oh, totally.

Yeah, all we got was, like... Flaming Carrot, Creed, Cerebeus and a little bit of low-key Usagi stuff. And Savage Dragon.

If not with the Big 2, I would've loved to have seen some Dark Horse crossovers with Mirage. TMNT vs. Aliens (or the other thing) could have really put Mirage on the map. I think there was some old, bad blood between Kev/Pete and Dark Horse, though. While at Image it's also too bad there wasn't ever any push to get some kind of TMNT/Spawn crossover going... that also might have moved the needle.

The crossovers we got during the Mirage era were fitting for the time and what the TMNT were back then, but the character choices were whatever was indie as opposed to whatever was *good*.

I mean, for every Usagi Yojimbo or Cerebus crossover, we got a crossover with nobodies like the Rock n Rolling Minor Ants, the Annoying Post Bros, the Blazing Tales Varmints or the Miami Mice. Gnatrat was like the second highest indie caliber they could get. Most of the indie characters Mirage crossed over with are so obscure they don't even have Wikipedia articles.

I think there was probably a better middle ground Mirage could have reached for crossovers if they didn't want to do business with the Big Two. The Image era was probably it, when we got to see the Turtles meeting the Savage Dragon (who was a big deal at the time, lest we forget), but it was so short-lived, the opportunity wasn't exploited as much as it could have been.

But as pointed out, it was a different time and a different group of people. Crossing over with bigshots didn't seem like something Eastman or Laird were ever interested in doing. I think the only reason we even got all those Savage Dragon crossovers is because Michael Dooney and Erik Larsen are friends (likewise, Sakai and Laird being buds is what has gotten us all the Usagi crossovers).

Even if Mirage had held onto the TMNT and never sold out to Viacom, it's not like we'd be getting these crossovers now. Viacom owning the Turtles and being willing to branch out to more mainstream licenses is likely the ONLY reason we're getting the Turtles meeting Batman and the Ghostbusters.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2017, 01:22 PM
I think there was probably a better middle ground Mirage could have reached for crossovers if they didn't want to do business with the Big Two. The Image era was probably it, when we got to see the Turtles meeting the Savage Dragon (who was a big deal at the time, lest we forget), but it was so short-lived, the opportunity wasn't exploited as much as it could have been.

True. It would have been neat to see the TMNT running with Dragon in his book a little bit throughout the Image run... giving their book a little more attention. A lot of folks didn't even know there was a book at the time.

But as pointed out, it was a different time and a different group of people. Crossing over with bigshots didn't seem like something Eastman or Laird were ever interested in doing.

We know that isn't true. Eastman loooong sought a Marvel crossover with Daredevil. Marvel kept saying "no," though.

I think the only reason we even got all those Savage Dragon crossovers is because Michael Dooney and Erik Larsen are friends (likewise, Sakai and Laird being buds is what has gotten us all the Usagi crossovers).

Probably right.

Even if Mirage had held onto the TMNT and never sold out to Viacom, it's not like we'd be getting these crossovers now. Viacom owning the Turtles and being willing to branch out to more mainstream licenses is likely the ONLY reason we're getting the Turtles meeting Batman and the Ghostbusters.

I wouldn't say "never." And I'm not sure Viacom owning the actual IP now has much to do with things. IDW is IDW, making their own deals with licensors and such on their own. I don't think that, like, Viacom/Nick reached out to WB about doing a Batman crossover or anything and then dropped it on IDW's lap. They aren't some extension of Viacom or anything... IDW pays to license TMNT comics they want to make from Viacom and they're making the most of that and making cool deals... the same kind that Mirage could have done if they had any good mind to at any point (they didn't, of course).

The main difference, it seems to me, is IDW has a general enthusiasm for growing the brand and pursuit of big crossovers across the comics field, as well as probably a legal team and marketing people who in place and are well versed in making that happen and signing the big deals... and Mirage just had Gary Richardson. And no real interest in much of that.

Redeemer
09-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Huh. I kinda lost interest in the first one (and never had interest in the NickTMNT/Batman) when all the rogues got mutated...

Completely agree I was in love with the cross-over until this happened. It was still a good cross-over, but could have been better without the Rouges getting Mutated.

Andrew NDB
09-13-2017, 01:37 PM
Completely agree I was in love with the cross-over until this happened. It was still a good cross-over, but could have been better without the Rouges getting Mutated.

I read about that when it came out and kind of rolled my eyes. But on the other hand... what the hell else do you do in a TMNT/Batman crossover? I mean, the Foot teaming up with the League of Assassins or something seems a no-brainer, but after you have the obligatory meet-fight-and-then-team-up-to-fight-the-mutual-enemy thing, then what? And with bunches of mutants out there being a huge cornerstone of IDW TMNT, of course there'd be some kind of mutation business going on.

ChosenOne
09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
2017 will easily go down in history as the best year for the TMNT franchise when it comes to comics! So awesome!

It's almost like IDW is kicking us while we're already down from content overload! :D

myconius
09-13-2017, 01:54 PM
in the first cross-over, instead of every single member of the Batman Rogues gallery getting Mutated ( :roll: CORNY! :roll: )
i'd much have rather seen R'as al Ghul mutating his assassins.
similar to what Talia did making the Ninja Man-Bats in Grant Morrison's 'Batman & Son'.

Redeemer
09-13-2017, 02:32 PM
I read about that when it came out and kind of rolled my eyes. But on the other hand... what the hell else do you do in a TMNT/Batman crossover? I mean, the Foot teaming up with the League of Assassins or something seems a no-brainer, but after you have the obligatory meet-fight-and-then-team-up-to-fight-the-mutual-enemy thing, then what? And with bunches of mutants out there being a huge cornerstone of IDW TMNT, of course there'd be some kind of mutation business going on.

Well as Myconius said they could have mutated league of assassin members instead the rogues. Or they could try combine the ooze with the properties of the lazarus pit to create substance the either gives immortality or a form of super soldier serum. You could also have had shedder use Banes venom on shredders foot or use the "BlockBuster formula. There is a lot they could explore given how ginormous the Batman lore is. Hell I wouldn't mind seeing a cross-over type of City at War. Shredder tries to claim Gotham as his own and the Court of Owls and Foot have it out in an all out Battle.

in the first cross-over, instead of every single member of the Batman Rogues gallery getting Mutated ( :roll: CORNY! :roll: )
i'd much have rather seen R'as al Ghul mutating his assassins.
similar to what Talia did making the Ninja Man-Bats in Grant Morrison's 'Batman & Son'.
Quoting for reference

dl316bh
09-13-2017, 03:18 PM
Honestly, that was the first Batman/TMNT crossover and while it seems like a license to print money, there's never a guarantee of more in any business. Maybe DC wouldn't want to do more than one, for example. Why wouldn't you go hog wild and do something cool and crazy, like mutated Batman rogues? That's ripe for awesome visuals, has an excuse to have most make at least some appearance and is so crazy it's hard not to appreciate.

But then, I like crazy ideas and all, so maybe it just hit too far in my wheelhouse to think objectively.

Powder
09-13-2017, 03:26 PM
I don't like Batman, so this doesn't excite met at all. It's already been done twice now...

I'll follow it & enjoy it for what it is, but yeah, not a big whoop for me.

CyberCubed
09-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Batman is the greatest superhero of all time, so I am interested. I enjoyed both previous crossovers too and this obviously won't be a re-tread of either them.

ProphetofGanja
09-13-2017, 03:45 PM
This should be pretty good, I'm glad Freddie Williams will be drawing the Turtles again

I'm still holding out hope for a TMNT/Spider-Man team-up though!!!

spookycookies
09-13-2017, 03:49 PM
IDW just wants all of my money, at least give me dinner first.
Seriously I remember paying out the noise for the Eastman Batman variants all winter and I feel like it's coming again. I should actually just blame D.C. I guess.

Lets do this!

TurtleWA
09-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Freddie Williams II :tcool: :)

DestronMirage22
09-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Awesome.
But geez, it's like IDW's trying to bankrupt me. :lol:
All these issues have really hurt my wallet.

Nortock Diab
09-14-2017, 01:38 AM
I cannot say I am really thrilled about this.
The first 2 crossovers were enjoyable but not particularly special.
I will buy this new installment and enjoy it for what it is.

Forever War, (another) Image finisher, Volume 3 reprints... This would get me excited !

Mayhem
09-14-2017, 03:37 AM
Great news, the first series was excellent (and I nabbed a piece of art from issue #1 to boot!) and interesting to see where this goes.

Awesome.
But geez, it's like IDW's trying to bankrupt me. :lol:
All these issues have really hurt my wallet.
Likewise, especially following Dimension X last month, and Ghostbusters 2 crossover in November. I'm just hoping there's no where near as many variants for issue #1 like last time! :o:x:D

myconius
09-14-2017, 05:39 AM
You could also have had shedder use Banes venom on shredders foot or use the "BlockBuster formula. There is a lot they could explore given how ginormous the Batman lore is.

i'd have gladly seen Ra's Mutate The League of Assassins, or see Shredder juice up the foot soldiers with Venom, or both in a team up.

i really did enjoy the first crossover. it was just a little to slow to actually get started, and then rushed to get to the finish line.

so much of the cool stuff i'd have loved to have seen was told to us rather than shown.

spookycookies
09-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Great news, the first series was excellent (and I nabbed a piece of art from issue #1 to boot!) and interesting to see where this goes.

Likewise, especially following Dimension X last month, and Ghostbusters 2 crossover in November. I'm just hoping there's no where near as many variants for issue #1 like last time! :o:x:D

To this day I still cannot tell my wife how much money I spent on TMNT/Batman #1 variants

I love buying TMNT comics but I feel like I must have been holding the monkey's paw this year...

myconius
09-14-2017, 08:13 AM
i'm not bothering with any of the 1:50 variants like last time.
that was just ridiculous!

it's amazing to see what those variants sell for now that the hype has died.

Allio
09-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Not a fan of Donnie being the least skilled fighter in IDW (one of the worst Donnie stereotypes... thanks, 4Kids and Nick cartoons :flaming:) but I do love me some Bane.

Considering the time that this crossover is taking place (judging by when the first team up would have been in comparison to the current storyline of the comic) this probably takes place right around the time that the Turtles left Splinter and the foot.

Donnie could still be feeling the effects after literally having Bebop and Rocksteady smashing his shell in.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2017, 10:39 AM
Considering the time that this crossover is taking place (judging by when the first team up would have been in comparison to the current storyline of the comic) this probably takes place right around the time that the Turtles left Splinter and the foot.

Donnie could still be feeling the effects after literally having Bebop and Rocksteady smashing his shell in.

If that is implied or stated, then sure, that will work for me.

But 99 to 1, this is just going to be more "hey, it's Donnie, the loser nerd with a stick who gets his shell kicked all the time. Ha ha, what a dweeb." :trolleye:

Andrew NDB
09-14-2017, 11:11 AM
http://www.highlander-community.com/btmnt.jpg

Ah, to dream...

oldmanwinters
09-14-2017, 11:28 AM
http://www.highlander-community.com/btmnt.jpg

Ah, to dream...

Nicely done, Andrew!
Did you randomly change April's sweater from yellow to purple or was that a shoutout to the 4Kids toon?

Personally, I think that ugly yellow piping along the creases of the Bat-suit is the biggest offense. :tlol:

Andrew NDB
09-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Did you randomly change April's sweater from yellow to purple or was that a shoutout to the 4Kids toon?

Just randomly made it anything but yellow. I really despise how that seems to be the kneejerk go-to of colorists. "What color of shirt is April wearing? Huh. Yellow, I guess! Like the jumpsuit from that show!" Ugh.

Also made Casey's hair longer. And balanced out the Turtles' different skin tones. And "fixed" Bane's eyes (crudely). A lot of artists like to draw Bane like he's wearing red contact lenses that magically merge into his stretchy mask... always seems to be a strange choice. They're supposed to be built into his mask. Like this:

https://575717b777ff8d928c6b-704c46a8034042e4fc898baf7b3e75d9.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/8213708_batman--vengeance-of-bane-1-reviewretrospective_t961f2c7d.jpg

And not this:

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/comics/secretsix33658.jpg

AquaParade
09-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Even though it doesn't really tickle my fancy, I'm glad to see this crossover continue. The first crossover was hugely successful and it's great stepping stone to get people into TMNT comics, so there's that.

It's also cool just to see IDW getting out there and making things happen. They really do try and take care of this property, which I appreciate, even if they haven't hit anything out of the park for me yet.
I'll check out the first issue, because Freddie draws some great turtles and I really enjoyed the colors from the last series.

TMNachoT
09-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Give me BTAS and 2K3 turtles instead! (Ok, that's not going to happen :( )

oldmanwinters
09-14-2017, 11:59 AM
And "fixed" Bane's eyes (crudely). A lot of artists like to draw Bane like he's wearing red contact lenses that magically merge into his stretchy mask... always seems to be a strange choice. They're supposed to be built into his mask. Like this:

https://575717b777ff8d928c6b-704c46a8034042e4fc898baf7b3e75d9.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/8213708_batman--vengeance-of-bane-1-reviewretrospective_t961f2c7d.jpg

And not this:

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/comics/secretsix33658.jpg

Haha, I haven't read enough Batman comics to realize the artists were taking such stylistic liberties with Bane's mask.

Along with the creepy Knightfall covers by Kelley Jones/Bob LeRose, this scene from BTAS will always be my enduring image of Bane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQZtERsRJo#t=15s

Candy Kappa
09-14-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm ready for round 2 (3), I really dug the first crossover and I really like Williams' art style (except for his rendition of sais :lol: )

myconius
09-14-2017, 01:33 PM

If that is implied or stated, then sure, that will work for me.

But 99 to 1, this is just going to be more "hey, it's Donnie, the loser nerd with a stick who gets his shell kicked all the time. Ha ha, what a dweeb." :trolleye:

being this isn't cannon and doesn't really fit at all into either DC or IDW timeline, James Tynion is probably given free reign to do as he pleases.

my guess is that the 2012 Nick cartoon has left the impression that Donnie isn't as good a warrior as Leo or Raph.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-14-2017, 01:34 PM
being this isn't cannon and doesn't really fit at all into either DC or IDW timeline, James Tynion is probably given free reign to do as he pleases.

my guess is that the 2012 Nick cartoon has left the impression that Donnie isn't as good a warrior as Leo or Raph.

4Kids started that negative impression. Remember, Donnie was the only Turtle to go out like a punk in the Battle Nexus tournament...

myconius
09-14-2017, 01:40 PM
4Kids started that negative impression. Remember, Donnie was the only Turtle to go out like a punk in the Battle Nexus tournament...

i'm just wondering if James Tynion saw any of the 4kids cartoons?
or if he's getting his impression of the characters from the Nick cartoon or (GASP!) the Bay-Turtles???? :o

......let's hope not on that last part! :tlol:

Powder
09-14-2017, 03:11 PM
I think casual fans just make the assumption that since he is smart, he's weak. Old stereotype.

Lord knows he probably saved the day more than any other in the original cartoon. Not sure if he's ever really been portrayed as the weak link, truly.

Andrew NDB
09-14-2017, 03:13 PM
I think casual fans just make the assumption that since he is smart, he's weak. Old stereotype.

Lord knows he probably saved the day more than any other in the original cartoon. Not sure if he's ever really been portrayed as the weak link, truly.

Yeah, that's dumb. There's no reason to think he wouldn't have had exactly the same training regime as all of his brothers.

myconius
09-14-2017, 03:37 PM
they definitely didn't read 'New York Ninja'.

Redeemer
09-14-2017, 03:44 PM

well Im mean if you think about it. With how smart he is, you think he would have the most polished technique with how hypercritical he is with other aspects of his life such as his studies.

Weapons@theready
09-14-2017, 03:57 PM
https://youtu.be/ABBYJiLXzQY

I mean maybe splinter didn't invest as much into Donatello

Chaotix12345
09-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Awesome to see a follow-up to the original mini, as I quite enjoyed it (Thought the BTAS/Nick one was just okay) and never expected them to ever make a direct sequel. (Much like TMNT/GB, but we live in a lovely world. XD) Also really cool that we'll see some action in the Turtles' universe this time around, so it'll be fun to see any new crossover elements that get introduced as the story goes on. Looking forward to seeing more!

Andrew NDB
09-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Just looked at the other pages teased there. Two things:

1. Getting a major PD vibe from the page with the Turtles on hoverboards and Donnie in almost full PD gear with holographic gizmos.

2. The page with Bane in front of the Foot. The artwork is great but man... I really dislike seeing Bane in gigantaur mode. They did it in Batman & Robin and they did it in the Arkham games. He's not supposed to be some hulking, giant monster of a man, even on venom, though I can understand the visual appeal. Here is Bane:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/d/dc/Bane_pic.jpg

A big dude, sure, and his muscles get a bit bigger with venom, but not some kind of Hulk. Though he looks like this right now in DC, as he is currently appearing in "Bane: Conquest," the maxi-series by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan, his creators:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/wp-content/themes/mvc/images/timthumb.php?src=http://multiversitystatic.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2017/07/BNCON_3_2.jpg&q=95&w=588&zc=1&a=t

I really hope that this Batman/TMNT story is written with care to Bane. He isn't evil and he doesn't have any evil agenda. In later years he's even teamed up with Batman and gone on adventures together. Right now he's busy traveling across the whole world, breaking up mobster groups everywhere to bring them into order and it's even above board with Batman.

If Bane just pops into the IDW TMNT dimension like, "RAHHH, I want to invade this new city and take it over because I'm a bad guy and I like to BREAK people!" well... that's completely the antithesis who Bane is and what he's about.

DVD
09-15-2017, 11:26 PM
I've just got my hands on the six issues of the 2nd Bats / TMNT X-Over.
I haven't read it yet, but looking forward to it.

Nice to see a third story is already being lined up.

neatoman
09-16-2017, 03:10 AM
Just looked at the other pages teased there. Two things:

1. Getting a major PD vibe from the page with the Turtles on hoverboards and Donnie in almost full PD gear with holographic gizmos.

2. The page with Bane in front of the Foot. The artwork is great but man... I really dislike seeing Bane in gigantaur mode. They did it in Batman & Robin and they did it in the Arkham games. He's not supposed to be some hulking, giant monster of a man, even on venom, though I can understand the visual appeal. Here is Bane:

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/d/dc/Bane_pic.jpg

A big dude, sure, and his muscles get a bit bigger with venom, but not some kind of Hulk. Though he looks like this right now in DC, as he is currently appearing in "Bane: Conquest," the maxi-series by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan, his creators:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/wp-content/themes/mvc/images/timthumb.php?src=http://multiversitystatic.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2017/07/BNCON_3_2.jpg&q=95&w=588&zc=1&a=t

I really hope that this Batman/TMNT story is written with care to Bane. He isn't evil and he doesn't have any evil agenda. In later years he's even teamed up with Batman and gone on adventures together. Right now he's busy traveling across the whole world, breaking up mobster groups everywhere to bring them into order and it's even above board with Batman.

If Bane just pops into the IDW TMNT dimension like, "RAHHH, I want to invade this new city and take it over because I'm a bad guy and I like to BREAK people!" well... that's completely the antithesis who Bane is and what he's about.

I honestly don't think I've ever read any Bane-centric storylines, I'm sure they're good but I don't collect that much Batman and the library where I read most Batman never seemed to have those stories.

It seems to me that all Bane does in TAS and those direct to DVD movies is talk about he wants to break Batman but never actually doing it. Not saying that the character is nothing but a spine trauma fetishist, just that it's pretty much all I've seen of him. I get that Knightfall is the big Bane story but that seems to be the only thing about Bane most adaptations seems to reference, it would be like having the Green Goblin pretty much only talk about how he threw Gwen off the bridge.

LeotheLateBloomer
09-16-2017, 09:03 AM
I honestly don't think I've ever read any Bane-centric storylines, I'm sure they're good but I don't collect that much Batman and the library where I read most Batman never seemed to have those stories.

It seems to me that all Bane does in TAS and those direct to DVD movies is talk about he wants to break Batman but never actually doing it. Not saying that the character is nothing but a spine trauma fetishist, just that it's pretty much all I've seen of him. I get that Knightfall is the big Bane story but that seems to be the only thing about Bane most adaptations seems to reference, it would be like having the Green Goblin pretty much only talk about how he threw Gwen off the bridge.

Knightfall is a really good read. I have two volumes of it and it's pretty long. Bane is one of the few villains I felt TAS did not do justice. Pretty barebones interpretation of the character.

Andrew NDB
09-16-2017, 02:29 PM

Knightfall is a tiny story in the grand scheme of things. "Vengeance of Bane II" was great, where he breaks free of the hold of venom and reconditions himself. "Legacy" and especially "Bane of the Demon" were fantastic and huge in scope. Bane proved himself to Ra's and took Talia as his lover, harnessing a new strain of Ebola. Also there was a great stry where it looked like Thomas Wayne may have been Bane's dad from a time he was doing work in Santa Prisca, so Bruce gives Bane a bunch of money to go and find out. Later still he became the leader of the Secret Six... great stuff, real human stories.

CyberCubed
09-16-2017, 03:58 PM
The Nick crossover was mainly about Scarecrow and Mad Hatter, I wonder what this one will be about.

Shredder's team up with Ra's Al Gul and the League of Assassins was glossed over too quickly the first time around, I wonder if this will continue that plotline? Then again if the new crossover takes place in the "current" IDW timeline...Shredder is dead so they may not use that.

In fact I'm very interested to see where they place this crossover, if it picks up directly where the last one ended or a "years later" type deal.

spookycookies
09-16-2017, 04:53 PM
The Nick crossover was mainly about Scarecrow and Mad Hatter, I wonder what this one will be about.

Shredder's team up with Ra's Al Gul and the League of Assassins was glossed over too quickly the first time around, I wonder if this will continue that plotline? Then again if the new crossover takes place in the "current" IDW timeline...Shredder is dead so they may not use that.

In fact I'm very interested to see where they place this crossover, if it picks up directly where the last one ended or a "years later" type deal.

I think the best guy for Bane to team up with is Hun

Redeemer
09-16-2017, 07:25 PM

That would be redundant, I would rather see him team up with Stockman. It would be interesting to see what Bane could do with the venom formula

spookycookies
09-16-2017, 09:46 PM
That would be redundant, I would rather see him team up with Stockman. It would be interesting to see what Bane could do with the venom formula

Why not both? "Suddenly, there’s a new gang boss in New York and he’s out to unite all the other bad guys under him" Hun doesn't have any smart guys working for him and Stockman doesn't have too many strong dudes working for him so combining their forces would be a great idea

but it will probably just be Bebop and Rocksteady because nostalgia sells

Andrew NDB
09-16-2017, 11:46 PM

Why?

That might make sense. There's been at least one time I know that Bane has tried to create an "improved" venom.

I guess with some form of the mutagen, he could try and find a way to mutate himself to his full-on venom state, permanently, so that he doesn't need the drug anymore.

spookycookies
09-17-2017, 03:13 AM
Why?

Last time we had Shredder & Ra's Al Ghul too guys with Ninja thug army's and apparently immortal from a chemical they are both Arch Villains

Now we have Bane, possibly Hun too guys with tough guy army's who are apparently super strong because of a chemical they are both bully's

If I had to team up a batman guy with Stockman I would pick the Riddler too guys who are convinced that they are geniuses and the world is filled with idiots They are both Master Minds

Sounds like based on the first idea, it would be good to team up people who were like each other, but who cares what I think I just buy all of this stuff.

Andrew NDB
09-17-2017, 03:22 AM
Now we have Bane, possibly Hun too guys with tough guy army's who are apparently super strong because of a chemical they are both bully's

I guess that's fair on the former. Bane isn't a bully, though. He's a super intelligent strongman who was designed to be the Anti-Batman... physical equal as well as mentally.

He doesn't bully anyone, he just kills them.

neatoman
09-17-2017, 03:39 AM
Also science fantasy steroids:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HZ9zebvH0CiR5fz5KbWqIp-Ft3FXYG-ddZJ_tNH3Y-GvMmvuMBqY5fSdmSDVzJpaF11G3fMqsmG=s1600

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-19-2017, 10:28 AM
I think the present evil roided out version of Bane (along with B:TAS's "I will break you!" version) are meant to parody the 90's extreeeme 'guns, leather, violence and blood' thing people preceive was going on back then. Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.

Personally, my favorite version of Bane was the luchador drug dealer from the 'Young Justice' series

Andrew NDB
09-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.

I guess. But that's not what he is at all.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-Vengeance-of-Bane/Issue-1?id=75537

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-Vengeance-of-Bane/Issue-2?id=75538

MikeandRaph87
09-19-2017, 12:11 PM
I think the present evil roided out version of Bane (along with B:TAS's "I will break you!" version) are meant to parody the 90's extreeeme 'guns, leather, violence and blood' thing people preceive was going on back then. Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.

Personally, my favorite version of Bane was the luchador drug dealer from the 'Young Justice' series

I know Bane is the ultimate combination of brain and brawn, but its hard to not think of him as the ultimate stooge and question his capability without venom.

Andrew NDB
09-19-2017, 12:14 PM
I know Bane is the ultimate combination of brain and brawn, but its hard to not think of him as the ultimate stooge and question his capability without venom.

You don't need to question his capability without venom, we've seen him without venom and he's fine.

He broke his addiction to it in "Vengeance of Bane II." "Legacy," "Bane of the Demon," when he proved himself to Ra's al Ghul (to a point where Ra's looked at him as Batman's equal) and took Talia as his woman with his blessing... all of this was post-venom addiction.

Redeemer
09-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Why not both? "Suddenly, there’s a new gang boss in New York and he’s out to unite all the other bad guys under him" Hun doesn't have any smart guys working for him and Stockman doesn't have too many strong dudes working for him so combining their forces would be a great idea

but it will probably just be Bebop and Rocksteady because nostalgia sells
:lol: bc I already explained haha. Like I said its redundant. They are very similar (especially IDW Hun) It would be just like having two of the same characters imo

Why?

That might make sense. There's been at least one time I know that Bane has tried to create an "improved" venom.

I guess with some form of the mutagen, he could try and find a way to mutate himself to his full-on venom state, permanently, so that he doesn't need the drug anymore.

Yeah this is a good idea and is what I would like to see.

MikeandRaph87
09-19-2017, 12:33 PM
You don't need to question his capability without venom, we've seen him without venom and he's fine.

He broke his addiction to it in "Vengeance of Bane II." "Legacy," "Bane of the Demon," when he proved himself to Ra's al Ghul (to a point where Ra's looked at him as Batman's equal) and took Talia as his woman with his blessing... all of this was post-venom addiction.

I think its the other media influence as far as thinking of him as brawn though drug induced brawn. Its like how Killer Croc was a master manipulator and criminal kingpin in his introduction arc. In his third story he began to devolve into a brutish monster. Bane's strength was actually measured early in Bane's existence by breaking Killer Croc's arms.

As far as reading Bane featured comics, I have only really read Vengeance of Bane and Legacy.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-19-2017, 02:18 PM

True, but that's focusing solely on bane from a few series. Since then in the source martial he's; murdered Judomaster and enjoyed killing him just for the fun of it ('I am bane, I break people'), trying to kill the first hourman and turn his son into a drug dealer just because miraclo was the basis of venom (even though it was other people who twisted Rex's work), goes on and off of Venom as the story requires it (meaning he's still an addict), and in one story was actively was selling venom to drug dealers around the world. Bane may have his 'noble' moments, but he's just another evil psycho who justifies his actions like the rest of DC super villains

Andrew NDB
09-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Since then in the source martial he's; murdered Judomaster and enjoyed killing him just for the fun of it ('I am bane, I break people'),

That was Geoff "The Hackman" Johns in Infinite Crisis. He's never even read any Bane comics and he didn't even know the character had been off venom for years at that point.

trying to kill the first hourman and turn his son into a drug dealer just because miraclo was the basis of venom (even though it was other people who twisted Rex's work),

That wasn't a terrible story. A little bit of damage control for the bit of random poo Geoff slung at the wall in Infinite Crisis on one of his vaunted double splash pages or whatever.

goes on and off of Venom as the story requires it (meaning he's still an addict), and in one story was actively was selling venom to drug dealers around the world. Bane may have his 'noble' moments, but he's just another evil psycho who justifies his actions like the rest of DC super villains

It's true, there is at least a few stories where it's an up and coming artist/writer that hits the Batman scene and goes, "I want to do BANE because Bane is COOL and broke the BAT! And he uses VENOM which makes him SUUUUPER STROOOOONG!" and they do these stories and they're almost immediately forgotten about.

Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan (Bane's creators) are doing their own damage control -- right now -- on "Bane: Conquest" and it's pretty freaking amazing. If TMNT/Batman II ends up being "LameBane" then it would sadden me that while Chuck and Graham are doing their big damage control/rebuilding Bane story, simultaneously others are tearing him back down on the sidelines.

CyberCubed
09-21-2017, 02:01 AM
I wonder how much profits are shared between DC and IDW for stuff like this? The mere fact that DC keeps coming back to IDW to do more Batman crossovers (this is the third one after the Nick TMNT crossover) says a lot.

I'm honestly surprised because it feels like we keep getting one new Batman crossover after another.

ProphetofGanja
09-21-2017, 06:38 AM
I hope that all these Batman crossovers are successful enough for them to consider doing an animated crossover special on DVD.

myconius
09-21-2017, 07:17 AM
I hope that all these Batman crossovers are successful enough for them to consider doing an animated crossover special on DVD.

i've been really hoping for this myself!

ProphetofGanja
09-21-2017, 07:29 AM
i've been really hoping for this myself!

I guess the only issue is what iterations of Batman and TMNT would they use? Is there a Batman cartoon currently airing? And I've never been satisfield with a TMNT thus far.

I think it would be awesome if they brought back the Batman: The Animated Series team but then just did a version of the TMNT inspired by the IDW Turtles.

myconius
09-21-2017, 09:42 AM
I guess the only issue is what iterations of Batman and TMNT would they use? Is there a Batman cartoon currently airing? And I've never been satisfield with a TMNT thus far.

I think it would be awesome if they brought back the Batman: The Animated Series team but then just did a version of the TMNT inspired by the IDW Turtles.

i'd definitely like to see an IDW influenced set of Ninja Turtles.
something similar to what we saw in the cut-scenes of Mutants in Manhattan but in 2D animation.

i wouldn't mind a more modern take on Batman visually, but it'd be nice if they got Kevin Conroy to voice him.

i'm not particularly crazy about the voice actor they picked as Batman for the current line of DC animated films.
he just sounds droll and monotone.

Andrew NDB
09-21-2017, 09:57 AM
I wonder how much profits are shared between DC and IDW for stuff like this? The mere fact that DC keeps coming back to IDW to do more Batman crossovers (this is the third one after the Nick TMNT crossover) says a lot.

I'm honestly surprised because it feels like we keep getting one new Batman crossover after another.

Probably IDW gets all of the profit (they're the ones producing it) and DC gets a flat licensing fee or a nominal backend %... and plus non-Batman fans hopefully start reading Batman.

Something like that is probably what's going on.

AlZarkovski
10-07-2017, 01:54 PM
New cover:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLjjGCFVoAA2nYX.jpg

neatoman
10-07-2017, 02:06 PM
New cover:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLjjGCFVoAA2nYX.jpg

>Bebop and Rocksteady is Bane's team-up
L58lDForIqM

CyberCubed
10-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Looks like another one of those big thunderdome fighting arenas where all the characters are forced to fight. Maybe I'm wrong but the way the stands are there seemingly in a circular pattern watching a center stage makes it seem like that. Hope the whole story isn't about a tournament or something.

April looking like she's going to fight too seems a bit strange, I don't think of IDW April much as a fighter. This will also be the first time we see Bebop/Rocksteady again since the Destroy Everything mini, it's been a long time since their last appearance.

ProphetofGanja
10-07-2017, 02:39 PM
L58lDForIqM

:lol::lol::lol:

Looks like another one of those big thunderdome fighting arenas where all the characters are forced to fight. Maybe I'm wrong but the way the stands are there seemingly in a circular pattern watching a center stage makes it seem like that. Hope the whole story isn't about a tournament or something.

April looking like she's going to fight too seems a bit strange, I don't think of IDW April much as a fighter. This will also be the first time we see Bebop/Rocksteady again since the Destroy Everything mini, it's been a long time since their last appearance.

Remember, it wasn't canon last time and it won't be canon this time either, most likely. It's basically an Elseworlds/What If? type situation where the IDW TMNT did in fact meet Batman and apparently April is a more adept fighter. Or maybe she just gets thrown into some gauntlet with Casey and the Turtles by virtue of being guilty by association?

oldmanwinters
10-07-2017, 03:51 PM
April is a more adept fighter. Or maybe she just gets thrown into some gauntlet with Casey and the Turtles by virtue of being guilty by association?

Seems like they should have at least given her some kind of weapon though. Maybe she gets mutated or some other source of power?

Andrew NDB
10-07-2017, 04:32 PM
L58lDForIqM

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/facepalm-gif-13.gif

No, no, no... c'mon, Bane... no, no, no... not you. Let's talk about this. You're supposed to be a smart guy. You're supposed to be as smart as Batman. You would not be teaming up with B&R.

ProphetofGanja
10-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Seems like they should have at least given her some kind of weapon though. Maybe she gets mutated or some other source of power?

Maybe she gets a hit of venom from Bane? :lol:

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Considering the unstoppable monsters the IDW versions of Bebop and Rocksteady are, it makes sense for bane to team up with two indestructible brutes who can survive grenades and bullets, brutally mow through and murder dozens of armed of ninja, beat Donatello almost to death, and beat up Mirage Savante Romero and steal his time scepter, all without breaking a sweat. Bebop and rocksteady may lack brains, but with bane doing the thinking, the grunt muscle doesn't need to think. Three powerful juggernauts are more destructive than one.

oldmanwinters
10-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Maybe she gets a hit of venom from Bane? :lol:

Haha, that would be some weird story! Maybe it would even revive the old comic book trope so popular in the last century: "Getting hooked on drugs is horrible!"

Considering the unstoppable monsters the IDW versions of Bebop and Rocksteady are, it makes sense for bane to team up with two indestructible brutes who can survive grenades and bullets, brutally mow through and murder dozens of armed of ninja, beat Donatello almost to death, and beat up Mirage Savante Romero and steal his time scepter, all without breaking a sweat. Bebop and rocksteady may lack brains, but with bane doing the thinking, the grunt muscle doesn't need to think. Three powerful juggernauts are more destructive than one.

IDW Rocksteady and Bebop and no joke, from a physical standpoint. And they actually have been shown to successfully follow orders too. It's just they are a little bit too strong for their own good and end up leaving lots of collateral damage in their wake. Plus, their bromance drama can sometimes undermine their focus and effectiveness, as seen in the Destroy Everything mini.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Bebop and Rocksteady working for Bane?

I dig it. The foremost physical threats working together...

myconius
10-09-2017, 01:08 PM
wonder if Bane will get mutated into an elephant again?

oldmanwinters
10-09-2017, 03:01 PM
wonder if Bane will get mutated into an elephant again?

Man, that was crazy! My big lament of that first crossover was that the whole Mutant Arkham twist lasted for less than a full issue and we didn't even get to see clear panels of all the mutant rogues. I don't even remember how they explained the resolution away in regards to their defeat and reversion to normal. So much squandered potential there. Issue 6 just felt rushed on all counts.

AlZarkovski
10-16-2017, 03:20 PM
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II #3

http://static3.cbrimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/BMTMNT-Cv3.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1314&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art and cover by FREDDIE E. WILLIAMS II
Variant cover by KEVIN EASTMAN

Batman and the Turtles go on the offensive in the belief that they can take Bane down while he’s weakened, due to a lack of Venom on the Turtles’ world. But that’s not true any more! The Turtles’ foe Baxter Stockman has found a way to reproduce the deadly substance that feeds Bane—which means the Dark Knight and the Heroes on a Half-Shell are in for the fight of their lives.

On sale JANUARY 17 • 32 pg, FC, 3 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T

ProphetofGanja
10-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Oh **** what if they kill Master Splinter in the IDW TMNT Batman universe??

Although I gotta say they got a lot of grit if they go through with it. I know this is all tucked away in its own specific canon, but still, if they do a Batman/TMNT 3 then they would have to follow up on it, if they didn't cop out and reverse it

Also, I think Freddie Williams II is becoming one of my favorite TMNT artists. Actually at this point he totally is, for sure. All his covers for TMNTU have been amazing.

CyberCubed
10-16-2017, 03:53 PM
I very much doubt Splinter will die, lol.

spookycookies
10-16-2017, 04:28 PM

Lol yeah in a cross over no less... seriously

ProphetofGanja
10-17-2017, 04:12 PM

Lol yeah in a cross over no less... seriously

Hey, it could happen! It's not like it would affect the main ongoing.

I've been wondering if IDW will ever do Splinter's death in their series

CyberCubed
10-17-2017, 04:15 PM
I could see Splinter dying in issue 100 to mirror Shredder's death in issue 50.

myconius
10-17-2017, 04:21 PM
i predict Woody will die in IDW Tmnt issue #100.

with no one to help out old man Rupert, there will be plenty of late deliveries and burnt pizza crusts.
:tcry: :tcry: :tcry: :tcry: