PDA

View Full Version : In a new version what can't be changed?

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-14-2017, 09:40 AM
never mind, please delete

newfan
09-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Well there's the obvious, the basics would have to be the same i.e going on the title they have to be teenage. mutant. ninja.Turtles. Unless they just want to go Ninja Turtles and have them older. Their names... they live in a secret location or the sewers.
What about Weapons? I know Mikey's was altered but only slightly. Ever any different in the comics?

What about enemies? We know there is no Shredder in the new show, which seems wrong to me but didn't he die of early in the original comic? Still there has always been Shredder and Splinter.

I'll wait and see what the hard core fans have to say

IndigoErth
09-14-2017, 05:45 PM
Just don't screw with the foundation. I don't care if they want to invent new stories, preferably with older Turtles and aim for their young adult post-Shredder years. I'd love to see that. (I'd love to see them caught up to their real world age, if their creation in late '83 was their 'birth.') But you can't really screw with the origin, location, or who they are individually as people (though further development is okay). I'd love to see them all grow up a bit, branch out a little more individually, but still coming together as their cohesive team of brothers when duty calls.

IDW seemed to have successfully treaded the line, very carefully, in tweaking the origin a little and that one seems to work for them and for readers. But that is very dangerous territory for most if not mindful enough of what they're doing. Such as what PD did... lab animals and getting rid of Yoshi, and almost Shredder. Hell no. Unless you have something that is truly going to work and be acceptable, then stay away from messing with that. I'm not sure what else could even be done differently in the origin at this point that would be okay.

Andrew NDB
09-14-2017, 05:46 PM
Depends on who the audience is. If it's 5 year-olds, who cares what they change.

IndigoErth
09-14-2017, 06:39 PM
I dunno... if it's made god awful, do we really need that generation someday as adults wanting to reboot it as movies out of nostalgia? Because given most kiddie cartoons these days, it would probably make FW look amazing in comparison. :tlol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Well there's the obvious, the basics would have to be the same i.e going on the title they have to be teenage. mutant. ninja.Turtles. Unless they just want to go Ninja Turtles and have them older. Their names... they live in a secret location or the sewers.
What about Weapons? I know Mikey's was altered but only slightly. Ever any different in the comics?

What about enemies? We know there is no Shredder in the new show, which seems wrong to me but didn't he die of early in the original comic? Still there has always been Shredder and Splinter.

I'll wait and see what the hard core fans have to say

If Shredder can kill Splinter in the 2012 series, maybe the turtles can kill an ordinary Shredder (not supermutant) early? Sure not cut him into pieces, but maybe kick him during a fight atop a tall skyscraper's rooftop, causing Shredder to lose balance and fall off.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-17-2017, 08:52 AM

snake
09-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Everything can be changed.

Papenbrook
09-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Everything can be changed.

Can we get Teenage Mutant Ninja Pandas, then? Can we get a Master Splinter that has the ability to morph into a chopper? Can we get a crime fighting April O' Neil and a news reporting Casey Jones?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/022/004/4ddb349345a6377085d8eb6a2ccd9d2d165d31fa2637ed58dc 1c4c2bcb12ee46.jpg

plastroncafe
09-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Just make all the male characters female, I'm sure everyone will agree that's fine.

MsMarvelDuckie
09-17-2017, 01:18 PM
In before thread-lock.....

My what a cheeky direction this has gone. But I'd be happy as long as they are recognizable and done well. (And the basic ingredients of Splinter/Shredder, some rivalry or revenge and whatnot are there.)

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Papenbrook
09-17-2017, 03:39 PM
Okay, we're done here... mods, please lock and delete thread

Um, why?

Was something wrong with my post?

snake
09-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Can we get Teenage Mutant Ninja Pandas, then? Can we get a Master Splinter that has the ability to morph into a chopper? Can we get a crime fighting April O' Neil and a news reporting Casey Jones?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/022/004/4ddb349345a6377085d8eb6a2ccd9d2d165d31fa2637ed58dc 1c4c2bcb12ee46.jpg

Absolutely. I don't see why we can't go all out with the multiverse idea. Batman did and it was awesome.

A genderbent universe is one of the most basic multiverse ideas and there's no doubt that it should exist.

A fully fleshed out multiverse would give those OT playmates variants a home too. Western Turtles, Sumo Turtles, Metal Turtles. This sh*t has potential.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Um, why?

Was something wrong with my post?

no, you're fine. just I'm afraid of what others might do on the thread.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Speaking of multiverses, I remember one episode of the 4Kids series where we were briefly shown four ninja rats and their turtle sensei. I think thats a cool idea.

09-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Speaking of multiverses, I remember one episode of the 4Kids series where we were briefly shown four ninja rats and their turtle sensei. I think thats a cool idea.

Not an alternate reality. It was in the sewers of Peblak on D'Hoonnib

http://mutantooze.org/wiki/4kids-season-2-episode-027-turtles-in-space-part-1-the-fugitoid/

ABrown
09-17-2017, 05:07 PM
You know, when I really think about it, it's not what can't be changed. It's how the change is handled. Example: On paper the idea of Shredder being an utrom sounds unimaginable. However, the 4Kids series really made it work. Despite it being a bad idea, the creators actually managed to make it tolerable.

09-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Let's create a "TMNT" universe with:

*Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael = rats (Teenage Mutant Ninja Rats)
*Splinter = turtle
*Shredder = Utrom
*Krang = ordinary Earth human
*Bebop = rhino
*Rocksteady = warthog
*April = secretary
*Irma = reporter
*Burne = cameraman
*Vernon = TV station boss
*Technodrome = heroes' hideout
*New York City sewers = Krang's and Shredder's hideout
*Turtlevan, Turtleblimp, Battleshell = Krang's and Shredder's vehicles
*Transport module = heroes' vehicle
*Northampton, Massachusetts = main-setting
*New York City = where April's or Casey Jones' family lived
*Razhar = alligator turtle
*Tokka = wolf
:)

snake
09-17-2017, 09:09 PM

*Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael = rats (Teenage Mutant Ninja Rats)
*Splinter = turtle
*Shredder = Utrom
*Bebop = rhino
*Rocksteady = warthog
*April = secretary
*Irma = reporter
*Burne = cameraman
*Tokka = wolf

Or an incarnation with none of those characters besides the 4 "turtles" and splinter. Not everything should be chained to the same old redundant OT fan-wank.

neatoman
09-18-2017, 03:21 AM

*Splinter = turtle
*Shredder = Utrom
*Bebop = rhino
*Rocksteady = warthog
*April = secretary
*Irma = reporter
*Burne = cameraman
*Tokka = wolf

fzpfPqwSp5g

CyberCubed
09-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Turtles being aliens, Turtles being humans, Shredder being a white man named Eric Sachs. Turtles having nostrils or huge hideous noses.

Gee, this all sounds familiar.

pferreira
09-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Here's a crazy idea:

Four martial arts humans who get infected by mutagen and then come into contact with turtles. Whenever they sense danger they transform into TMNT! They now have super strength and skills as well as the magic to turn themselves into ninjas. They use their new powers to try to defeat the evil Shredder, a ninja dictator stranded on our Earth from a parallel Earth.

Okay now for the Mirage purists to go wild in the comments section... :lol:

Candy Kappa
09-21-2017, 10:27 AM
Here's a crazy idea:

Four martial arts humans who get infected by mutagen and then come into contact with turtles. Whenever they sense danger they transform into TMNT! They now have super strength and skills as well as the magic to turn themselves into ninjas. They use their new powers to try to defeat the evil Shredder, a ninja dictator stranded on our Earth from a parallel Earth.

Okay now for the Mirage purists to go wild in the comments section... :lol:

So, basically Cheeks idea for TMNT?

https://orig11.deviantart.net/5c87/f/2010/132/e/b/tmnt_by_cheeks_74.jpg

not really a "crazy idea to make the Mirage purists go wild"

IndigoErth
09-21-2017, 11:11 AM
It's a forum... isn't is all comment section?

Also, no. I realize it's troll bait for said 'purists,' but hell no.

pferreira
09-21-2017, 04:09 PM
So, basically Cheeks idea for TMNT?I have no idea who Cheeks is. It was just my idea. :)