PDA

View Full Version : Official Mutant Apocalypse Arc Discussion (SERIES FINALE)

Pages : [1] 2

Bishop123
09-22-2017, 07:11 AM
This will be a mega discussion thread for the three episodes (consisting of: 518 - The Wasteland Warrior, 519 - The Impossible Desert & 520 - Carmageddon!) airing tonight at 9:00pm EST on Nicktoons.

An older, weathered Raphael battles road gangs in a post-apocalyptic mutant wasteland.

These three episodes take place 50 years in the future. Verminator Rex (based on Verminator X) will be a villain in the arc.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-w7XYbsNgU

Note #1: These are airing on Nicktoons, not Nickelodeon. So if you don't get the Nicktoons channel, you may have to find another way to see these.

Note #2: Yes, "Carmageddon" is technically the series finale, even though the monster arc and crossover arc have not officially aired on television yet. Regardless, these episodes were intended as a series finale arc. Whether if you feel this arc, the crossover arc (which Nick seems to want as the finale), Owari, or End Times work as the better ending is up to you after this airs.

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Damn, I was going to do this, the episode isn't airing until tonight, So I thought it was too early to do it yet.

I was going to put the trailer in and put some other things in, I had it all planned out :cry:

But anyway i'll do it here

C-w7XYbsNgU

The final is upon us, it's going to be a sad and shocking end.

Questions that need answering

How did the Apocalypse happen?
What has happened to Leo?
How did Donnie became a Robot/Cyborg?
What has happened to the Turtles friends, are they dead?
What's Mikey doing?

Will the final have a twist ending?

All these questions will be answered in the final, hopefully.

Bishop123
09-22-2017, 07:27 AM
I was going to put the trailer in and put some other things in, I had it all planned out :cry:

Sorry, had no clue when anybody who regularly makes these would be on. I can include whatever you had planned in my post (and I'll credit you) if you want though. :)

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Machias Banshee used to do these episode discussion threads, until me and few others took over. So I think she should of done this one.

neatoman
09-22-2017, 09:38 AM
If somebody here uploads it, please PM me.

JH24
09-22-2017, 11:22 AM
I have no way to watch this finale but I'm really looking forward to find out which way they'll be going with this. I can't wait to read the impressions/thoughts of the people who watched it.

Autbot_Benz
09-22-2017, 11:50 AM
For anyone on the west coast like me it will be on at 9pm tonight

Ninjinister
09-22-2017, 01:23 PM
For anyone on the west coast like me it will be on at 9pm tonight

I'm seeing 6

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 03:10 PM
It will air tonight at 9pm EDT on NickToons, and then it will re-air at 12am EDT in case anyone missed it the 1st time.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-22-2017, 03:34 PM
I find it odd how the episodes are airing at 9 pm and then Midnight. Guess they're that intense huh?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 04:00 PM
I find it odd how the episodes are airing at 9 pm and then Midnight. Guess they're that intense huh?
These episodes pays homage to an R rated movie franchise, I would assume that it might be too intense for younger viewers maybe? This show did homages to R rated Horror movies before.

I always find it amusing, when kids cartoons make references to movies that were R rated, whether it be Aliens, Matrix, Robocop or Terminator.

Tarris Vaal
09-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I thought the same thing - back when they were releasing toys for Aliens, Predator, and Terminator.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
09-22-2017, 04:34 PM
So are these not on the Bebop and Rocksteady DVD?

Drose18
09-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Im confused did the bebop and rocksteady crossover thing and monster arcs never come out on tv? So these are the final episodes of the show??? This is the end? :(

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 04:41 PM
So are these not on the Bebop and Rocksteady DVD?
Nope, but I would assume Nick will do a separate DVD for these.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Im confused did the bebop and rocksteady crossover thing and monster arcs never come out on tv? So these are the final episodes of the show??? This is the end? :(
According to the official TMNT Twitter, the final episodes will be the Crossover ones.
https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/911333190438129664
Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady is the finale. Airs on Nickelodeon on 11/12.

Bishop123
09-22-2017, 04:47 PM

The monster arc is still airing on Nicktoons (the first two episodes air September 27th), but they are getting this out of the way now for whatever reason. Both monster and crossover arcs have been uploaded online due to DVD releases. The crossover arc will still be airing on Nicktoons as well (and also apparently Nickelodeon), which they will be treating as the "finale" instead of this. However, in production order, this was written as the end.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Does 11/12 mean 12 November.

Powder
09-22-2017, 05:21 PM
Does 11/12 mean 12 November.

It does, yes.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 05:29 PM
I think Nickelodeon wants to end the series on a high note, and by that, I mean having the Crossover Arc be the Final of this series.

I think it makes sense, cause ending the Final Season in the Future Arc, would be a downer.

Since Season 5 is called Tales of the TMNT, I guess anything goes as far as stories are concern, They can do stories that can go dark, and stories that are more lighthearted, and those crossover episodes are on the lighthearted department.

drag0nfeathers
09-22-2017, 05:48 PM
I guess it also stands to reason they can air them in much of any order and it doesn't make a diference time line wise... the DVD releases make no sense so...

I'm assuming the Monster arc will be on one DVD release (like the UK version) and tonights arc will be paired up with the Usagi episodes on a separate DVD release?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 05:56 PM
I guess it also stands to reason they can air them in much of any order and it doesn't make a diference time line wise... the DVD releases make no sense so...

I'm assuming the Monster arc will be on one DVD release (like the UK version) and tonights arc will be paired up with the Usagi episodes on a separate DVD release?
Yeah, since this season is called Tales of the TMNT, it allows them to go any direction, and not affect the timeline, since there are arcs on some of the episodes.

BubblyShell22
09-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Yeah, and I can understand why they would have the crossover as the finale and makes me think this arc will be very dark and too dark to have it be the end.

asfaloth12
09-22-2017, 06:49 PM
I'm really nervous about the finale. I have gotten way too attached to these little guys (it will break my heart if something bad happened to Leo; just hope he didn't turn evil, or something like that).
Oh,well. Even if the finale doesn't turn out to be my cup of tea (i.e., if it really ticks me off) there is still the rest of the series to go back to and enjoy :)

BubblyShell22
09-22-2017, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't mind Leo turning evil and then reforming in the end to take down the villain, but if he dies, I will be very heartbroken. Heck if all of them die I will be heartbroken. I don't want it to end that way!

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm seeing commercials promoting the Mutant Apocalypse on NickToons, I noticed one of the mutants, kind of look like Salamandrians.

Technogeek29
09-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Just so everyone knows, it's on Nicktoons not Nick.

Chris
09-22-2017, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't mind Leo turning evil and then reforming in the end to take down the villain, but if he dies, I will be very heartbroken. Heck if all of them die I will be heartbroken. I don't want it to end that way!

Really hope they don't go evil Leo (or any turtle) route. I always find that type of twist is done more for shock value than for character reasons like 99% of the time. Not saying they can't make it work but it's definitely not something I'd like to see.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Here we go!

Ninjinister
09-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Does any legal venue have it yet?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:12 PM
New mutants I seen so far, a gang of Mutant Honey Badgers.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:15 PM
They just showed a quick flashback of what happened to the humans on Earth, some mutagen thing blew up in the sky, and turned every humans into mutants it seems.

Redworld96
09-22-2017, 08:21 PM
They just showed a quick flashback of what happened to the humans on Earth, some mutagen thing blew up in the sky, and turned every humans into mutants it seems.

And I think Donnie has explained how he turned into a robot. Did I hear well and he said that his body was destroyed?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:29 PM
And I think Donnie has explained how he turned into a robot. Did I hear well and he said that his body was destroyed?
Yes he did

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:31 PM
And part 1 is done, looks like Mikey is alive.

Aaronardo
09-22-2017, 08:32 PM
So, yeah, pretty blatant ripoff of Logan with Mad Max elements mixed in, but for what it is, it's a lot of fun so far. It's following the three-act system to a tee right now, which I always welcome. Raph as a huge brute (dressed like the Nightwatcher... nice touch!) and Donnie as a cyborg donning the second model of Metalhead is such a great change of pace, and the fight scenes are nice and gritty. "The Holy Chalupa" was pretty good, too. Had me going, at least. Two to go!

`NightWatcher
09-22-2017, 08:34 PM
What a day.......What a lovely day.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:36 PM
a gang of mutants lizards now, some look like Iguanas.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:42 PM
That creature looks like Chompy grown up.

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Wwwwwooooo mikey :d

Redworld96
09-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Wwwwwooooo mikey :d

He was eyebrows! (Well I dont know why I am surprised, raph had beard)

Redworld96
09-22-2017, 08:48 PM
ICK she is alive!! That Alan lied lol

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Ice Cream Kitty still looks the same.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Raph drank Mikey's urine! lol

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 08:53 PM
ICK she is alive!! That Alan lied lol

Told you :P

Redworld96
09-22-2017, 08:54 PM
So I guess that Mikey and Raph could have hair and nails as a effect of their second mutation?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 09:02 PM
and Part 2 is done, Now for Part 3.

Aaronardo
09-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Old Mikey is everything I wanted him to be, I love it. Ice Cream Kitty's return is beautiful and triumphant. Mikey's map being untranslatable due to it being gibberish was a pretty well-timed joke. Like the last episode, this one is visually stunning thanks to its stylized character models and its great camerawork. Still following that three-act system, very interested to see what happens next. Except the fake out that the others are dead. They're not, this show has done that so many times before it has become a bit tiresome, but it's easy to look over when everything else is just so fun.

One more.

newhire13
09-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Nice to see Mikey can still brawl!

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Donnie, Mikey, Ice Cream Kitty and Chompy survived.

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Is that Slash or is it Leo double mutated and is now evil.

Redworld96
09-22-2017, 09:13 PM
Crazy idea: That bad guy with mask at the end of the first part of this las episode is Corrupted Leo xD

PApagreg
09-22-2017, 09:16 PM
I just realize that this arc also takes some cues from The Dark Knight returns, you got a big burly old main character in a bad future society where he has to deal with a mutant gang and he is also allied with a young girl, hell Raph is allied by an aging jokester but instead of Green arrow its Mikey

newhire13
09-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Crazy idea: That bad guy with mask at the end of the first part of this las episode is Corrupted Leo xD
3 fingers, shell, definitely a mutated Leo

TigerClaw
3 fingers, shell, Definitely Leo
Either Leo or Slash.

Redworld96
Plus blue eyes. He is definitely him.

drag0nfeathers
09-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Called that on Facebook about a half an hour ago... some kind of corrupted Leo is Verminator rex's "master"

Technogeek29
09-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Man old Raph can really take some punishment can he?

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Its really Leo!

Technogeek29
09-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Mad max TMNT addittion.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 09:33 PM
And there we go, they found the Oasis.

asfaloth12
Oh for God's sake. I was afraid they were going to do something like that :x
Evil Leo just doesn't make sense to me. Is there's a plausible explanation?

Vicky82
OMG!!!!! That was sad ending :cry:

drag0nfeathers
Not entirely sure how I feel about that rushed (if you can call it a) happy ending... Anyone else's thoughts?

I don't get why Leo would end up evil and then just snap out if it so easily

Cyndaquilfan123
09-22-2017, 09:34 PM
And that's that. I can't believe it's over...

newhire13
Mutagen screwed with his mind

Kind of a sad ending:(

Cyndaquilfan123

Well, the mutagen does warp minds.

jcarter
Is it any other way to watch besides nicktoons

asfaloth12
09-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Mutagen screwed with his mind

Kind of a sad ending:(

So he was more insane, instead of evil? That I could live with

PApagreg
09-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Not entirely sure how I feel about that rushed (if you can call it a) happy ending... Anyone else's thoughts?

I don't get why Leo would end up evil just snap out if it so easily

Yeah it was kinda rushed and its a shame because this is my favorite arc in season 5, while I did like the Miyamoto Usagi episode I thought the 2nd part was really weak and the 3rd was meh but I gotta admit when it comes to consistent good episode this arc is second to none(at least in season 5)

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 09:38 PM
I called Leo Double mutating and turning evil a few days ago. :D

I've been thinking of Ideas of what happened to Leo:-

He's dead and we only see him in flashbacks.
He turned evil and he's the leader of the gang not Verminator Rex.
He double mutated into something else.
He can't fight no more because he has a permanent injury so he's staying somewhere else.
He had a breakdown or had a massive argument with his brothers over this Apocalypse and he just left.
His brothers think he's dead but he was actually captured, tortured and forced to join Verminator Rex gang.
His brothers think he's dead but he ended up with amnesia and he goes off on his own but along the way he starts to remember who he is and he finally reunites with his brothers.
He's a spy in Verminator's Rex gang but his brother's either knew about it or they didn't know about it.

Anyone else got any ideas.

IndigoErth
09-22-2017, 09:40 PM
Uh... huh. Interesting. Enjoyed it for what it is. Though I'm kinda glad this isn't where I will leave off on the series. (The last family pic and Mirage art though... :tcry:)

Knew it... But why'd he turn bad? :ohwell: (That mutation, uh, wow. Ack.) And that was a rather easy resolution...

Kind of like the Tremors nod with Chompy.

And I guess Raph, who was supposedly treated sooo badly by this series, went and got himself a movie length chunk of episodes that will be what many people leave off with with. Funny how that worked out. lol

Tell me he really didn't keep Casey's skull. o.O

But I guess at least when ever Chompy destroys the planet it won't matter anymore. Hm.

(Though I really really could have done without that girl having to blabber on before and after commercial breaks and the nonsense they were showing. Far be it to just give us decent shots of the Turtles inspired cars and leave it at that. So scripted too.)

BYWInsaniac
09-22-2017, 09:42 PM

I don't get why Leo would end up evil and then just snap out if it so easily

I don't know if I'd call it a happy ending, but I think it's really hopeful.

-JJ

Powder
09-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Very solid arc, except for the last ten minutes, which were criminally rushed. Should've spent a little less time on car chases to make for a more fulfilling Leo catch-up. Called Leo being Kong as soon as I saw the guy, not terribly keen on that being the route they went with, but whatever. Aside from him I really like where they took the other turtles, both in terms of design & story. I'm glad ICK & Chompy were still around. It was cool seeing Casey's patriotic mask a'la Bodycount/Volume 3. I got a kick out of the Toxic Avenger & Howard Stern references, fitting to have a few more given they were a mainstay of sorts in the series. The Scaletail clan were super cool, & I got a kick out of the reference in their namesake.* Nyambi Nyambi did a real nice job with the voice gig, as did Meera's VA. To that end, the turtles' older voices were a treat, too.

*Can anyone tell me who their leader was voiced by? I KNOW that dude but I can't think of where I know him from.

Personally, I'd rather this series' sendoff not have been a Mad Max homage with a new character somewhat taking the lead, & a rushed ending, but I don't necessarily feel dissatisfied. Going with a bleak future tale is an ideal way to cap things off, even if it wasn't exactly what I'd hope for thematically. Can't knock the fact we got kind of a happy ending. I was expecting to cry, & I didn't, so that's something. :tlol:

jcarter
09-22-2017, 09:44 PM
OMG!!!!! That was sad ending :cry:

Is it online yet I don't have nicktoons

Aaronardo
09-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Well, that third part could've used more work. A bit more showing rather than telling, a bit less on the nose crap. I still liked it alright, but mostly because of what was established in the first two episodes. I LOVED the first act, though. Watching Raph single-handedly go from bottom to leader of two major tribes through fighting was a treat. Everything else was alright, but could've been done much better. Especially Leo. As Powder said, the last ten minutes are especially rushed and unfortunately don't make for the best ending.

Aaaaaaaand, that's it. Five years. Five seasons. Every episode. Other than the ones currently unreleased of course, but this is the finale. Man, I remember being so excited for this show when it first came out in 2012. I counted down the days to September 29 like a freakin madman, and I was not disappointed when season 1 came out. It impressed me enough on its own to keep me invested in the show as it went on. Season 2 equally impressed me and, in some cases, I liked even more being a bit more dramatic. The golden moments of Seasons 3-5 have been worth it. While it's a bit sad to watch a show go through seasonal rot, it's nice to know it went out on a fairly high note. I'm really glad we got this show, it's still my favorite of the three TMNT series easily. I'll always be able to rewatch my season 1 and my season 2, my Tale of the Yokai and my Requiem/Owari, my Darkest Plight and my Lone Rat and Cubs. For that, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the run, guys. It was a lot of fun.

Ashwolf
09-22-2017, 09:48 PM
even though the ending was rushed, i cant help but feel bad 4 leo....... not much else 2 say atm cause of how i couldnt hear half of the eps so holding off on the rest 4 later

Just thought of this but despite how it was rushed, maybe in a way, it was similar to how sasuke could calm jugos rages excluding the sharigan involvment (4 those that have seen naruto shippudden)

drewizzle88
09-22-2017, 09:54 PM
The ending of the show tonight feels like the ending of the 2012 turtles, just happened so quickly. Glad for everything we got these last five years, it was a fun ride. Feels weird that it's over. No matter what the TMNT bring in the future toon wise, I'll always enjoy rewatching this series.

Vicky82
09-22-2017, 09:55 PM
I missed the first part of the episode. Was it mentioned on what happened to April, Karai, Shingami, Casey (I know he's dead as his skull became a bomb).

drag0nfeathers
09-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Anybody else wondering how ice cream kitty hasnt melted yet?

And i agree with the ending being overly rushed. Could have used 5 minutes less of car chases and that time spent dealing with Leo a touch more.

I really liked Raph and Don's character design. Don actualy reminded me a lot of Chappie... Mikey and Leo's designs not so much. Leo needs to put that helmet back on and I'm guessing years of eating rotten sardine pizzas gave Mikey intestinal parasites.

PApagreg
09-22-2017, 09:56 PM
I missed the first part of the episode. Was it mentioned on what happened to April, Karai, Shingami, Casey (I know he's dead as his skull became a bomb).

Well seeing how the there aren't any humans I'm guessing they are either dead or mutated

IndigoErth
09-22-2017, 09:57 PM
No mention at all. :ohwell:

Also... there's them Turtle pants again. lol The future of TMNT is pants.

edit: Though I'm surprised there was no mention or existence of Slash. But I always figured he was older than the TMNT so maybe he's gone, too.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Nope, no mention about them, all we got as far as what happened, was a mutagen bomb that went off, it turned every human on earth into Mutants.

drag0nfeathers
09-22-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm surprised Donnie didn't make some remark about April to at least give you an idea. Also... would April be immune to a mutagen bomb I wonder?

newhire13
09-22-2017, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised Donnie didn't make some remark about April to at least give you an idea. Also... would April be immune to a mutagen bomb I wonder?
I doubt it. Pretty much implied that everyone is dead or mutated. Hard to see how the turtles end up mentally and physically after seeing them as babies, children and teenagers. Now I'm gonna watch old episodes knowing they lose a huge fight and the world is destroyed:/

JH24
09-22-2017, 11:04 PM
How did it end? Are the turtles still alive? Was it a sad ending? Or did it have some hope for the future?

BYWInsaniac
09-22-2017, 11:07 PM
How did it end? Are the turtles still alive? Was it a sad ending? Or did it have some hope for the future?

I don't know if it's a "happy" ending, but I think it's a hopeful.

-JJ

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Its a bittersweet ending with hope.

Jester
09-22-2017, 11:14 PM
"Life at best is bitter sweet..."

newhire13
09-22-2017, 11:20 PM
I recognized Corey Feldman's voice. Who were some of the other voice actors?

chrisr291
09-22-2017, 11:36 PM
So mad, my DVR didn't record the ending. Can anyone describe the final moments? DVR cuts off after the major reveal.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 11:37 PM
I recognized Corey Feldman's voice. Who were some of the other voice actors?
his voice sounded familiar, I think he was one of the lizard mutants.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Looks like the people on the west coast are watching it now, Andre is too.

Ninjinister
09-23-2017, 12:19 AM
That would be the second showing. It was already on at 6 PM.

Technogeek29
09-23-2017, 12:30 AM
Leo's mutated form is reminiscent of Dark Leo.

newhire13
09-23-2017, 12:34 AM
Hopefully Don can salvage enough from the wrecks to build himself a charging station :teek:

Autbot_Benz
09-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Intresting way to end the series I loved Old Man Raph Robot Donny Crazy Elderly Mikey and Hulk Leo.

Nick Turtles brought me back into the TMNT fandom after a bit of a hiatus with only watching the first two movies. So thanks for the ride Nick TMNT. Gotta get you on dvd sometime

BYWInsaniac
09-23-2017, 02:20 AM
It's up on Amazon!!!

-JJ

Ninjinister
09-23-2017, 03:57 AM
"I love you, brother."

Holy crap that hit me about as hard as Splinter's death.

JH24
09-23-2017, 04:02 AM
I don't know if it's a "happy" ending, but I think it's a hopeful.

-JJ

Its a bittersweet ending with hope.

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear they didn't go with the darkest path.

neatoman
09-23-2017, 04:19 AM
Again, PM me if anyone has a link.

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 04:23 AM
"I love you, brother."

Holy crap that hit me about as hard as Splinter's death.I really liked that part. It was a nice mirror to when Leo told Raph he loved him in Riddle of the Ancient Aeons. It was nice how it came full circle.

newfan
09-23-2017, 05:27 AM
So I'm gathering that this show has ended with our turtles being old and double mutated, living in a destroyed earth with no humans after failing to stop an explosion. Also Leo being an enemy for however many years. Then finally not a word about April, Casey and Karai. ... I presume dead (Casey we know for sure) because April wouldn't mutate and if Karai did, she wasn't in it so I presume she died too.
........ lost for words other than what a shame to do that to them.

End times should have been the end (but a bit extended)

neatoman
09-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Is there any sort of implication this is set in an alternate timeline or "possible future" rather than the set in stone destiny?

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 05:44 AM
Is there any sort of implication this is set in an alternate timeline or "possible future" rather than the set in stone destiny?There was no indication that it was an alternate timeline.

I have to say, I'm not too keen on this being the finale. It just seemed a bit awkward.

JH24
09-23-2017, 05:49 AM
They probably just leave this for the viewer to decide. Some will like a darker ending. Others will like an ending with the turtles saving the Earth from the Apocalypse and having a future together with their friends. Two timelines with very different paths.

newfan
There was no indication that it was an alternate timeline.

I have to say, I'm not too keen on this being the finale. It just seemed a bit awkward.

So I'm guessing no hope at all with any change, it's happened at that's it.

asfaloth12
So, I'm viewing this as an AU ending, more of a "what would have happened if they had not ultimately defeated the Krang" sort of thing. From what I'm seeing (the video wasn't super high quality, so maybe I missed something)it doesn't seem to fit with canon (i.e., what about Renet). There are a few posts on Tumblr talking about this, that I thought were pretty good. It just doesn't fit for me. It felt... detached... from the main storyline; I don't know how to better explain it.
Somebody, either here or on Tumblr, said they viewed Owari as the finale of the main storyline, with the Kavaxas arc as the epilogue. I really like that way of looking at it. And all of the other arcs as the icing on the cake (except for the apocalyptic arc; that one can go fly a kite)

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 06:06 AM
So I'm guessing no hope at all with any change, it's happened at that's it.Not really, no. I just felt it was weird having them look so very different than what we're used to. I mean there is a special part at the end with them all together but it just reminds you of a more innocent, better time long gone which in a sense can feel a bit sad.

ToTheNines
09-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Just so y'all know, Nickelodeon has the finale up on their On Demand channel for Comcast/Xfinity, no Nicktoons subscription required. I'd assume Dish, DirectTV and others are following suit.

I'm gonna have to watch later. Not ready for it to all be over quite yet.

Somebody, either here or on Tumblr, said they viewed Owari as the finale of the main storyline, with the Kavaxas arc as the epilogue. I really like that way of looking at it. And all of the other arcs as the icing on the cake (except for the apocalyptic arc; that one can go fly a kite)

'Twas me. I'd also throw in Lone Rat and Cubs as part of what I see as the epilogue. A flashback to Splinter flows quite nicely with the narrative of everyone getting to say their final goodbyes to him at the end of End Times.

09-23-2017, 06:48 AM
A lot of science fiction have many possible timelines.

Redworld96
09-23-2017, 06:52 AM
Only Lone rat and cubs, Kavaxas Arc, When Worlds Collide and the Crossover Arc gave information or contributed something to the story: the fate of the foot clan and Shredder's henchmen; Newtralizer (which was one of the pending issues of this show) and Dregg's fate; Mona Lisa becoming part of the mutanimals; Bebop and Rocksteady's fate, and the origin of the turtles.

But the monster arc, usagi arc and Mad Raph Arc? You really can tell that they did not contribute anything. They were only Tales.

I now understand why Nickelodeon wants to finish the show on TV with the Crossover Arc. It is a cool way to finish a tmnt show, with their old counterparts. And Bebop and Rocksteady totally rule in that arc.

NikitaZhukov
09-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Well, my favorite show in history just ended on some deep storyline. It felt a little rushed at the end though. I really wish the evil Leo thing lasted longer and would've been revealed at the beginning of the arc, not 6 minutes or so before the end. It's a shame that Nickelodeon totally dropped the show and aired THE FINALE on freaking NickToons which isn't even able for everyone.

To me, the ending was good, but could've been much better. Who would've thought that the cartoon with such bright beginning would have the darkest TMNT ending ever. Let's see what the next show brings to us.

Powder
09-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Who would've thought that the cartoon with such bright beginning would have the darkest TMNT ending ever.

*darkest TMNT ending in a cartoon

Mirage's turtles have a far more depressing end.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Just so y'all know, Nickelodeon has the finale up on their On Demand channel for Comcast/Xfinity, no Nicktoons subscription required. I'd assume Dish, DirectTV and others are following suit.

I'm gonna have to watch later. Not ready for it to all be over quite yet.

'Twas me. I'd also throw in Lone Rat and Cubs as part of what I see as the epilogue. A flashback to Splinter flows quite nicely with the narrative of everyone getting to say their final goodbyes to him at the end of End Times.
I can't find it, I went to the Nickelodeon section, and there's no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles listed.

ToTheNines
09-23-2017, 07:15 AM
I can't find it, I went to the Nickelodeon section, and there's no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles listed.

Go to Nickelodeon. Go to the "series" category. Then go to "Tales of the TMNT". It's a couple slots past regular TMNT.

BubblyShell22
09-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Wow! What a finale! I also predicted Leo would be a villain and I'm glad they went that route even if it was rushed. Raph saying, "I love you, brother" was a great callback to when Leo snapped Raph out of it in Riddle of the Ancient Aeons as someone else said before. Loved Mikey, Donnie, and Raph in this and really liked Meera too. The fight scenes were great and so was the setting. Most would view the ending as sad, but I see it as that they found peace and eventually rejoined Splinter (though not at that precise moment though others could take it that way if they want to). Although it isn't stated that this is a possible future and that this is what happened, we can still act like it's an alternated timeline and that maybe they prevented this. Still wish we would have seen Renet or Fugitoid at the end, but I do agree that this resolution is a great send-off to the show as a whole.

Very well done. Now, all some of us have to do is see the monster arc and this show is finished! Been a great run, TMNT. Thanks for giving us five years of an awesome show.

matteso586
09-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Was there any implication that this is supposed to be an alternate future?

Looks like Chompy is not old enough to fly yet.

Ice Cream Kitty's mutation seems to have also increased the life span. She looks exactly the same as she did 50 years ago.

Where did Leo get the idea of the name "Maximas Khan"

Who else views Cyborg Donnie as Raph's caretaker? Or is it the other way around?

I think Donnie got the idea of dumping his brain into Metalhead Mark 2 from Fugitoid.

They never explained who detonated the mutagen bomb. I doubt it's the Kraang, because Kraang Prime is dead.

Would be cooler if Fugitoid, Mutagen Man, and an older version of Karai are in it. The latter would've had something that belonged to Shinigami as some sort of tragic keepsake.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Go to Nickelodeon. Go to the "series" category. Then go to "Tales of the TMNT". It's a couple slots past regular TMNT.
In my Tivo, it has the Xfinity On Demand App, I go into the Kids Category, then Nickelodeon, and it doesnt show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nor Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles listed.

The Xfinity On Demand website doesn't show the latest episode either, the web site only shows the most recent episode, which was Lone Rat and Cub.
https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7943100609741265112

Vicky82
09-23-2017, 08:19 AM
I did enjoy it, it had some good moments but it didn't feel like a final for me.

My Concerns

All 4 turtles should be there from the start to finish. I didnít like the fact that they were separated for a number of years.

They should have mentioned of what happened to April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, The Mutanimals ect. - Did they die/how they died, did they mutate or double mutate.

There should have been longer flashbacks - Explain who had this mutagen bomb and what happened to New York, the world, the moon, the lair. I also would have liked to see how Donnie got seriously injured and transform his mind into Metalhead. I would of liked to see how Mikey ended up in the middle of the wasteland.

I wasnít keen on the turtles new looks, but I did like Donnieís robot design.

So due to these concerns, iíve decided that this story is non canon and the crossover arc is the final for me.

Things I liked

The fight scenes and vehicle chase scenes were great
Robot Donnie, he was awesome, I laughed when he was charging up.
Ice Cream Kitty is still alive and using a gun to take down enemies.
Chompy, he gotten big.
I started get teary eyed when Raph recognised Leo and trying to get Leo to remember him and when they all hugged each other.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 08:30 AM
I did enjoy it, it had some good moments but it didn't feel like a final for me.

My Concerns

All 4 turtles should be there from the start to finish. I didn’t like the fact that they were separated for a number of years.

They should have mentioned of what happened to April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, The Mutanimals ect. - Did they die/how they died, did they mutate or double mutate.

There should have been longer flashbacks - Explain who had this mutagen bomb and what happened to New York, the world, the moon, the lair. I also would have liked to see how Donnie got seriously injured and transform his mind into Metalhead. I would of liked to see how Mikey ended up in the middle of the wasteland.

I wasn’t keen on the turtles new looks, but I did like Donnie’s robot design.

So due to these concerns, i’ve decided that this story is non canon and the crossover arc is the final for me.

Things I liked

The fight scenes and vehicle chase scenes were great
Robot Donnie, he was awesome, I laughed when he was charging up.
Ice Cream Kitty is still alive and using a gun to take down enemies.
Chompy, he gotten big.
I started get teary eyed when Raph recognised Leo and trying to get Leo to remember him and when they all hugged each other.
Like it or not, its canon, there was never any mention of this being from an alternate universe, and no mention about time travel or Renet intervening to fix the timeline.

However in a BTS Video, a character designer only said. "In this reality" but nothing more, so we dont know what he actually meant.

Logan took place in a farther future, and they don't mention that movie taking place in an alternate universe.

lonewarrior20
09-23-2017, 08:49 AM
well, that was interesting. glad they had one girl mutant in the entire wasteland. i also liked the quick nod to tromaville. with this being the end of this generation, at least we'll always have fanfiction.

evan2000
09-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Just finish watching this in decent quality, thanks to Redworld96's blog :twink:

The amount of world-building is impressive for just a 3-episode run! New character models, new terrains, new sky, new building/structures, new vehicles, new weapons... you name it! Hardly anything was reused other than the Shellraiser and those sentimental stuffs inside it, but even those have been heavily modified or aged. Okay, one exception, Ice Cream Kitty :tlol:

The whole setting is so different from the show we're used to, it felt like a totally different show to me. I was only reminded that it's still the same show when, as Raph pointed out, Meera felt a lot like April - both her voice and spirit.

Mikey's appearance was fortunately not as rush as Leo's, giving the audience a little breathing room after all the intense action in the first ep. It was one of the more relaxed moment in the otherwise bitter-for-the-most-part trilogy, when we see the 3 brothers unite and chill out in Mikey's pizza parlour. I actually laughed when Donnie said he wanna throw up despite not having a stomach :tlol:

Donnie certainly did not leave out his humorous side while transferring his conscience to Metalhead Mk2! I can imagine that when the explosion happened, Donnie had to be carrying a neuro-transmission machine on his back (like PD Donnie did all the time, and my sig) in order to wirelessly transmit his brain data to Metalhead back home - in case his real body got destroyed in a dangerous mission. The whole process seems to have been fully automated by Donnie beforehand, so he didn't need another scientist to initiate the transfer. Imagine the instant he died - and instantly resurrected at home as a robot.

Finally, Leo's reveal wasn't a surprise at all (as most have pointed out). I can't really complain his very limited screen time as there wasn't much else to show anyway. I honestly wouldn't wish to see him as a villain any longer than what was already shown. If anything, they should only lengthen his screen time during/after his recovery process. At this point it was too rushed and too easy... it would be more convincing if one of his brothers found a weak spot behind his head and hit it, forcing him to vomit out some residual mutagen or something which would help him restore his conscience (and hopefully a more regular-sized body :trazz:)... I guess that will make more sense than the out-of-the-blue "now I'm back" for no reason :tconfuse:

Honestly, while this final arc had turned really dark and sorrowful to watch, my eyes didn't really get watery as they did in some past eps (Vengeance is Mine, The Invasion, Tale of the Yokai, Requiem to name a few). The parts that hit me a little was Raph's flashback of baby Chompy, and the moment Raph realized the enemy was Leo after hitting off his helmet. The final end scene with the younger turtles taking a photo with Splinter felt really bittersweet to me too. The final sketch is also a really nice touch. :tcry:

Well, that's a wrap! The best TMNT cartoon (in my opinion) has finally concluded. I'm really going to miss this show that Ciro and co have put together for the past 5 years! I will certainly collect all the DVDs - and Blurays if they ever get released... they will certainly be a fine collection in TMNT history! :tgrin:

drag0nfeathers
09-23-2017, 09:13 AM
I did have a moment of "wow... they got pretty dark there..." when the little meerkat said something along the lines of "All I've known is dust and death my whole life" in such a broken hearted voice. :tcry:

I still think Donnie was my favorite part of the whole arc. I really dug his design and I agree we could have used a few more flash backs to piece together what happened to him as well as the other characters. Drawing your own conclusion from a flashback would have been a bit more fulfilling then just no mention of them whatsoever... I mean... if they're gonna show Casey's skull retrofitted into a bomb and Raph yelling "Goongala!" when it's blown to bits, I think a flash back of the mutanimals and April, etc would have passed the censors just fine.

ToTheNines
09-23-2017, 09:17 AM

In my Tivo, it has the Xfinity On Demand App, I go into the Kids Category, then Nickelodeon, and it doesnt show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nor Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles listed.

The Xfinity On Demand website doesn't show the latest episode either, the web site only shows the most recent episode, which was Lone Rat and Cub.
https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7943100609741265112

I see. My streaming app on my phone doesn't have it, but my cable box/tv setup does. Weird.

NinjaMan
09-23-2017, 09:32 AM
From what I've read I'm not gonna bother to watch this. Why end the show on such a sad ending?

`NightWatcher
09-23-2017, 09:35 AM
The mutagen bomb that caused the apocalypse had a Kraang logo on it (Image below). This tells us two possible things.

1. The Kraang made their return and ultimately got their revenge.

OR

2. This is an alternate timeline where the Kraang never perished in Annihilation Earth!

https://i.imgur.com/sLplShQ.png

Cyndaquilfan123
09-23-2017, 09:58 AM
The mutagen bomb that caused the apocalypse had a Kraang logo on it (Image below). This tells us two possible things.

1. The Kraang made their return and ultimately got their revenge.

OR

2. This is an alternate timeline where the Kraang never perished in Annihilation Earth!

https://i.imgur.com/sLplShQ.png

Maybe it's something we could ask Ciro or Brandon about?

asfaloth12
09-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Nightwatcher,
I agree with #2. I guess it would also have to be a timeline in which Renet and the other Time Masters don't exist. But, #2 could work nicely indeed.

I appreciate what Ciro and Brandon have done with this show. It's been awesome ride.
However.....I don't care if they come out of the clouds riding fiery chariots to tell me that these episodes are canon-- I still see them as an alternate timeline; and they may actually work nicely that way. They don't fit with canon. It will add a little something extra to all of those Kraang battles when we remember how things could have gone if the Kraang had not been completely defeated. :o

09-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Shouldn't those rocks breaking apart from Moon start to orbit the Moon or Earth?

Redworld96
09-23-2017, 10:43 AM
I was talking with someone in twitter who worked for the show inside the writing team and that person tried to clarify the situation with the Future Arc and its importance in the show:

https://i.imgur.com/1tA4E46.png

09-23-2017, 10:49 AM
I was talking with someone in twitter who worked for the show inside the writing team and that person tried to clarify the situation with the Future Arc and its importance in the show:

This is getting weirder and weirder. Creating side stories is not excuse for messing up with the continuity.

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers. Is it assumed they all eventually died and were reunited with Splinter? I didn't think much of it but if that is the case, that's really sad. I mean I know they would eventually die but I'd rather not see it or have any indication that they would.

Redworld96
09-23-2017, 11:02 AM
We could ask to every worker of the show, but only Ciro or Brandon can give us the decisive point of this last arc. After all, writers only can give their point of view of Ciro's work

Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers. Is it assumed they all eventually died and were reunited with Splinter? I didn't think much of it but if that is the case, that's really sad. I mean I know they would eventually die but I'd rather not see it or have any indication that they would.

I think it was just a flashback of the family taking a picture together.

09-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers.

Probably just a memory flashback.

I liked Leonardo holding the sign "For Kevin and Peter" at the end

newfan
09-23-2017, 11:07 AM

Just seen it and wondered the same about them with splinter, it looked that way, left me a bit emotional.

Okay having seen that, Raph was awesome, he really had his day and was not like Old man Logan as some speculated (seen as he was in good shape and could still fight)
I wish Leo had more than only coming in at the end even though it went with the Story, and speaking of Leo, poor Leo, seeing him like that made me sad :( Mikey was not quite as frail as we thought from that image, good to see he is still happy and himself... and it was funny that they made him wear human underpants. Donnie was still much Donnie in character, minus the body sadly.

biganimefan
09-23-2017, 11:10 AM
If someone doesn't want the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to be the finale that's fine. But, seriously, why would anyone consider the crossover episodes to be the true finale?! It makes no sense in a narrative standpoint. Also, are you seriously telling me that the last scene of this series is in the FW dimension with Bebop and Rocksteady having the final word? The only finale for this series that makes sense as one is either the end of the Kavaxas arc or the Mutant Apocalypse(to me anyway).

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 11:11 AM
I think it was just a flashback of the family taking a picture together.That makes me feel a little better but I may have to watch it again to see how it reads. I know I've had my fair share of gripes about this show mainly because of Raph but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still attached to this version of these little guys.

09-23-2017, 11:22 AM
If someone doesn't want the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to be the finale that's fine.

Probably because of the 30th anniversary.

Vicky82
09-23-2017, 11:44 AM

Cool that does make me feel a bit better that the Kavaxas arc is the true ending. :D

NinjaMan
09-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Cool that does make me feel a bit better that the Kavaxas arc is the true ending. :D

Same no reason for me to watch this apocalypse arc.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the creators of this show, the Apocalypse Arc is the final, it was there creative decision, people can decide what the final is for them.

Years from now, we are gonna look back in this series, and comment about how the creators had the balls, to get away with of the things that happened on a kids show.

newhire13
09-23-2017, 12:16 PM
This is getting weirder and weirder. Creating side stories is not excuse for messing up with the continuity.
How does it mess with continuity? With Renet? Renet and the time masters live outside time and space. All we know of the future she established is that the turtles eventually become legendary warriors.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 12:20 PM
How does it mess with continuity? With Renet? Renet and the time masters live outside time and space. All we know of the future she established is that the turtles eventually become legendary warriors.
Yep, they became legendary during a post apocalypse.

oldmanwinters
09-23-2017, 12:28 PM

The Kavaxas arc actually did strike me as a satisfying series finale. It was strange to have Shredder resurrected so soon after the season 3 finale and both arc basically end the same way with all the heroes on the roof top (if I recall).

Technogeek29
09-23-2017, 12:48 PM

Odds are Renet could've meant a different version of the Turtles?

neatoman
09-23-2017, 12:50 PM
Now I've watched all of this and... It's better than ending it on FW Bebop declaring he's gonna start up a dance career or a music video about a gag character?

It's not really bad as a string of episodes it's just bizarre to watch the show end like this. The first three and a half seasons were basically all about preventing aliens from ruining the earth, so it's really weird to see the last arc just tell us "Then the aliens came back one last time and nuked everyone" in a flashback. There's also some internal issues I have with these episodes, I don't get why Raph needed to have a bad memory, why Mikey would pass down a map without ever eahing anyone how to read it, why he didn't just live at the oasis if he knew where it was or why Leo had to be a villain when he just turned good at the end.

I liked the references to Archie, IDW and (I think) FastForward, not to mention that little nod to Kevin and Peter (itself homaging the special thanks credit to Kirby and Miller in TMNT#1). I just don't know if I can call this a good ending or even good storytelling.

Technogeek29
09-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Now I've watched all of this and... It's better than ending it on FW Bebop declaring he's gonna start up a dance career or a music video about a gag character?

It's not really bad as a string of episodes it's just bizarre to watch the show end like this. The first three and a half seasons were basically all about preventing aliens from ruining the earth, so it's really weird to see the last arc just tell us "Then the aliens came back one last time and nuked everyone" in a flashback. There's also some internal issues I have with these episodes, I don't get why Raph needed to have a bad memory, why Mikey would pass down a map without ever eahing anyone how to read it, why he didn't just live at the oasis if he knew where it was or why Leo had to be a villain when he just turned good at the end.

I liked the references to Archie, IDW and (I think) FastForward, not to mention that little nod to Kevin and Peter (itself homaging the special thanks credit to Kirby and Miller in TMNT#1). I just don't know if I can call this a good ending or even good storytelling.
There was a IDW Reference?

neatoman
09-23-2017, 01:09 PM
There was a IDW Reference?

Metalhead 2.0, Donnie's robotic body.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N4MYZ34w2U0/VUZCZbMztKI/AAAAAAAAPxE/-3m9iKP-Npk/s1600/45-4.png

Allio
09-23-2017, 01:19 PM
after watching this I remember this movie

igs8VpeW6bY

Perhaps we can call this "Paradise lost and Found"

09-23-2017, 01:20 PM

The mutagen bomb falling after the defeat of the Kraang.

Allio
09-23-2017, 01:33 PM
From what I've read I'm not gonna bother to watch this. Why end the show on such a sad ending?

"Lifet, at best, is bittersweet"

Technogeek29
09-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Metalhead 2.0, Donnie's robotic body.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N4MYZ34w2U0/VUZCZbMztKI/AAAAAAAAPxE/-3m9iKP-Npk/s1600/45-4.png

Right, right now I feel silly for asking.

Technogeek29
09-23-2017, 01:57 PM

It's kind of the norm for the Turtles to end up in terrible places in the future this wasn't just something unique to the Mirage comics. In fact even the future in the OT implied they will end up in a terrible place with all of their bad habits making them incapable of fighting. 2k3 had SAINW and Nick Mutant Apocalypse. I can list several more examples but you get the point?

Vicky82
09-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Ciro answering some questions.

(in spoiler due to size)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/120f664e6e11c238e2bce3ff31a33b8d/tumblr_owqxpga0cV1w36ztno1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/24ee6b1cd2528a28cb0e1c7d17a2520c/tumblr_owqxpga0cV1w36ztno2_400.png

Apparently Timothy did appear in the final, In the fight arena. So Timothy/Mutagen Man got his closure. :lol:

newhire13
09-23-2017, 02:00 PM
The mutagen bomb falling after the defeat of the Kraang.

How does that mess with continuity? All that means is that at some point The Kraang come back and set off a mutagen bomb.

newfan
09-23-2017, 02:08 PM
It's a shame the mutagen bomb was when they were still young (according to an earlier post) it means they had 50 years apart from each other and in the waste and and the teen friends died/mutated as teens.

I'm going to have to re-watch the season 3 ep with Renet to remind myself what she said about them being Legends.

As for Ciro's questions above, he is writing a Fugitoid story?

TurtleTitan97
09-23-2017, 02:09 PM
I just finished it, and honestly....it left me with mixed feelings.

On one hand I liked all the action sequences, the emotional reunion of the Turtles, and the fact the show did actually try to give a guys a genuine sendoff. But it kinda sucks that in the end the guys failed to save the world and we don't know the fates for the rest of the cast.

It was a good story, but I don't know. I'd still wish for a happier ending for the guys after everything they went through.

newhire13
09-23-2017, 02:26 PM
I just finished it, and honestly....it left me with mixed feelings.

On one hand I liked all the action sequences, the emotional reunion of the Turtles, and the fact the show did actually try to give a guys a genuine sendoff. But it kinda sucks that in the end the guys failed to save the world and we don't know the fates for the rest of the cast.

It was a good story, but I don't know. I'd still wish for a happier ending for the guys after everything they went through.

Everyone is either dead or a mutant living elsewhere.

Def a bummer that they couldn't save the world in the end, though I guess realistically the odds were never in their favor and it was only a matter of time considering what the enemy was. But, they did what the could and fought until the very end. And if they hadn't the world would have been destroyed years ago.

victory_angel
09-23-2017, 02:32 PM
The only reference aside from the star mark on Donnie's chest is the broken remains of April's tessin hanging in the Shellraiser like a windchime.

I'm only just watching it now. But Raph points out he lost his memory some years back so what memories he has are in flashes for the most part.

Ashwolf
09-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Thought it was really good but really sad at the same time. As i said before, was really rushed ending which i wish they put some more time into but did have good fight scenes. Again, was really sad at wat happened 2 leo.......

Something i noticed from the flashbacks, im pretty sure that the mutagen bomb happens not long after the usagi arc, despite how the tale arcs can be almost in any order.

In both of the greyed out flashbacks, leo only has 1 sword, so....
1. It had 2 be after they got back from usagis world cause of his other sword getting shattered by kintaro.

2. In this version, leo hardly if ever makes new swords.... or at least from wat was shown.

So yeah, im pretty sure that it had continuity there.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Wow, that was some ride. As a story itself the Mad Max stuff was fun and I liked all the visuals of the car chases and the new villain mutants and stuff.

As an ending to the show overall, it's definitely bittersweet. Seeing all 4 Turtles, especially Leonardo go through such changes and live their lives like that is sad. The other fact is they seemingly failed at saving the Earth. Everyone is either a mutant, dead, or a wasteland. The moon was also destroyed, so most likely the ocean levels rose and drowned out the other continents or something too.

Definitely the saddest ending to a TMNT cartoon, but it was nice to see all 4 brothers reunited at the end. The fates of all the other characters bar Casey were left unknown, and it's probably better that way.

Can't believe the Nick show is over already. Never expected it to be short-lived compared to the other two cartoons. Ciro had a great show.

ZariusTwo
09-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Also, are you seriously telling me that the last scene of this series is in the FW dimension with Bebop and Rocksteady having the final word?

The only way to achieve world peace.

MikeandRaph87
09-23-2017, 02:53 PM
I am confused. So the 4 Kavaxas episodes, 2 Dregg invasion episodes, 1 baby Turtles episode, 3 Miyamato Usagi episodes, 3 '87 Shredder and Krang hire 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady. When does the traditional horror episodes air and the Mad Max spoof supposed to air or at least come out on DVD? I have not seen either episode set yet. Also, I thought the second 1987 cartoon crossover was the series finale? Isn't it episodes 18-20 of season 5? Thanks for the clarification. This airing order and not watching Nick outside of first run TMNT episodes it is hard to keep up.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Admit it y'all, the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video was the true ending to this show!

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
I am confused. So the 4 Kavaxas episodes, 2 Dregg invasion episodes, 1 baby Turtles episode, 3 Miyamato Usagi episodes, 3 '87 Shredder and Krang hire 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady. When does the traditional horror episodes air and the Mad Max spoof supposed to air or at least come out on DVD? I have not seen either episode set yet. Also, I thought the second 1987 cartoon crossover was the series finale? Isn't it episodes 18-20 of season 5? Thanks for the clarification. This airing order and not watching Nick outside of first run TMNT episodes it is hard to keep up.

This is the finale of the TMNT show. They aired the episodes out of order on TV. The Usagi arc was the second to last arc, and the 80's TMNT crossover was before that.

If you see the other thread all these eps are coming to DVD on December 12th

ZariusTwo
09-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Admit it y'all, the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video was the true ending to this show!

Maybe that's what awaits them all in the afterlife?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Maybe that's what awaits them all in the afterlife?

I'm totally for that idea. I guess Shredder and Kavaxas suffered enough in hell and were redeemed :lol:

One thing I found pointless though was keeping Ice Cream Kitty alive for the finale when she already had a music video dedicated to her. I mean, I understand Chompy being alive but theres no way ICK wouldve survived in the Desert that hot :lol:

MikeandRaph87
09-23-2017, 03:06 PM
This is the finale of the TMNT show. They aired the episodes out of order on TV. The Usagi arc was the second to last arc, and the 80's TMNT crossover was before that.

If you see the other thread all these eps are coming to DVD on December 12th

That I did not know.Very long threads with info bits can get lost easily. Of the 20, 8 are out on DVD so 12 episodes in the next and final release. Ok. Now it's just a matter of finding the traditional horror episodes online. I would have liked for John Set on to have voice one the characters in thst arc just for the nod to his famous character and familial connection to the 2012 cartoon voice cast.

JH24
09-23-2017, 03:09 PM
Finally had a chance to watch the finale. That was definitely different from what I expected.

Loved the Mad Max chases and fights, didn't really like what they did to Mikey and Leo.

Donnie seemed a lot more cheery and happy as a robot than he was as a turtle. Felt out of place at times.

Did Raph really keep Casey's skull for 10-20 years only to use it as a bomb in the end? I think I got the message behind it but it just left me with a bitter aftertaste.

As others already said, the ending was rushed. I liked the final confrontation though. In his heart Leo always wanted to be saved, but he didn't have to power to save himself, and the others didn't know of his existence for years.

That makes me wonder though, how long ago did the Mutagen bomb happen? 20-30-50 years? Still doesn't explain the condition of the broken moon.

Really didn't like there was no mention of what happened to their friends. I found the use of Casey's skull disrespectful, no mention of April, Karai or Shinigami, and overall there were quite a lot of gaps in the storyline.

It was a very interesting finale. The "Mad Max" parts were the best, but there were also some pretty cheesy parts, especially in the second episode (Was it really necessary to make Mikey act this weird?)

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm really glad it left the fate of April, Karai, the Mutanimals or other characters unknown. It let's us speculate rather than saying, "They're all dead" or something like that.

Tarris Vaal
09-23-2017, 03:14 PM
April at least deserved proper closure I felt. Karai maybe, but even she wasn't with the show from episode 1 onwards. April had basically become family even beyond Karai (who was still living separately and only contacted the turtles when she needed to or chanced across them)

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 03:18 PM
April at least deserved proper closure I felt. Karai maybe, but even she wasn't with the show from episode 1 onwards. April had basically become family even beyond Karai (who was still living separately and only contacted the turtles when she needed to or chanced across them)

Yeah, I was kinda half-expecting April to appear at the oasis at the very end and meet the guys.

newfan
09-23-2017, 03:27 PM

I'm surprised they weren't even mentioned, April was one of the main characters and one of their clan. I thought we would definitely know about her. Karai wasn't a main character and wasn't as close to the turtles but still had been a strong character in the series and I wanted to know just because she is a favourite of mine.
Then again, it would have just been depressing I suppose.... look at Casey.

Bishop123
09-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Apparently Timothy did appear in the final, In the fight arena. So Timothy/Mutagen Man got his closure. :lol:

Any idea where he appeared? I'm rewatching the fight arena scenes and not having any luck finding him. Must be a well hidden cameo.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 03:34 PM
It's probably just an easter egg for fans, I'd love to see a screenshot.

Ninturtle
09-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Not a great ending to the series, I'm not upset that the ending was sad but the whole thing with Leo was super rushed and the Oasis came out of nowhere with no explanation of how it remained intact. I also thought the whole Leo becoming a villian and becoming good because he saw Raph was kinda corny, I knew exactly what would happen as soon as we first saw him. And one an unrelated note I thought the turtles looked really weird with hair, kinda took away from other wise good designs ( especially Mikey's eye brows). I did think seeing the older turtles aged/mutated at the end and seeing there teenage selves was a really powerful image, it was just kinda poorly handled towards the end. I did really like the first 2 episodes though.

neatoman
09-23-2017, 03:38 PM
What was the point of referencing Verminator-X with Verminator-Rex instead of just using Verminator-X? Is this like with Ninjara, nobody knows if Murphy owns the character so they just made an obvious substitute?

gvdf5n-zI14

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 03:42 PM
I wonder if Leo being mutated to a beast was a homage to this:

https://orig06.deviantart.net/e297/f/2016/092/8/d/mutatedleonardo_by_doctorworm1987-d9xedw4.png

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 03:46 PM
Leonardo mutating into a giant hulk was understandable, however

I wonder how Raph grew so big naturally, there was no indication he was mutated a second time. Mikey was malnourished and Donnie was a robot so Raphs size is what an Adult Mutant Ninja Turtle wouldve been like?

IndigoErth
09-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Hm, maybe... I'd have preferred that. It bugs me that they gave him a new mutated Hulk body, but then just sort of slapped young Leo's face on there with little change. At least make him look OLDER face-wise and bit different due to mutation. Weird that he didn't look a lot more mature in that department. Looked more like some new body just swallowed him and part of me was waiting for Donnie to fix this.

Raph... well, he's Raph. He's always been the hefty muscle of the group and I'm sure a hard existence has kept him in shape. Mikey however obviously took the relaxed approach and didn't keep up on the exercise. lol

Ashwolf
09-23-2017, 03:54 PM
I wonder if Leo being mutated to a beast was a homage to this:

https://orig06.deviantart.net/e297/f/2016/092/8/d/mutatedleonardo_by_doctorworm1987-d9xedw4.png

it could also be a nod 2 dons mutated form in good genes which i consider more likely by the design

Kit31
09-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Thought it was really good but really sad at the same time. As i said before, was really rushed ending which i wish they put some more time into but did have good fight scenes. Again, was really sad at wat happened 2 leo.......

Something i noticed from the flashbacks, im pretty sure that the mutagen bomb happens not long after the usagi arc, despite how the tale arcs can be almost in any order.

In both of the greyed out flashbacks, leo only has 1 sword, so....
1. It had 2 be after they got back from usagis world cause of his other sword getting shattered by kintaro.

2. In this version, leo hardly if ever makes new swords.... or at least from wat was shown.

So yeah, im pretty sure that it had continuity there.

OMG, YES! Someone else noticed this, too! There was definitely continuity between the Usagi arc and this one. That's one thing I wanted them to expand on because it also left open a major plothole since Jei's spirit was trapped in the remaining blade.

JH24
09-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Looking back, it's really starting to irritate me why April, Casey, Karai/Shinigami had to be written out. Casey and Shinigami would have mutated, but at least they would still be part of the team. April is special and Karai was already a mutant. Why couldn't they have been part of the gang? It just feels kind of forced.

The oasis also seemed to come out of nowhere, I wouldn't have mind seeing a bit more of it.

Although the finale was quite an unique experience and look into the future, I think I'll keep the Kavaxas arc as an ending. (But I did like the Monster, Crossover and Usagi arcs though)

evan2000
09-23-2017, 04:25 PM
It's probably just an easter egg for fans, I'd love to see a screenshot.

I found what looked like Mutagen Man's canister at the seafloor right below the fight arena (when Raph briefly fell into the water):

https://i.imgur.com/Mlzzl4C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7TWXrBr.jpg

newfan
09-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Looking back, it's really starting to irritate me why April, Casey, Karai/Shinigami had to be written out. Casey and Shinigami would have mutated, but at least they would still be part of the team. April is special and Karai was already a mutant. Why couldn't they have been part of the gang? It just feels kind of forced.

The oasis also seemed to come out of nowhere, I wouldn't have mind seeing a bit more of it.

The explanation about Donnie transferring his consciousness was also a bit of a stretch. If this happened shortly after the Usagi arc, then I wonder how Donnie got the technology to do such a transfer, I guess it's in his character for him to work on it in case something happened to his body, but still...

(He also seemed to act more cheery as a robot. It makes me wonder if during the transfer some changes happened to his personality)

Although the finale was quite an unique experience and look into the future, I think I'll keep the Kavaxas arc as an ending. (But I did like the Monster, Crossover and Usagi arcs though)

Agreed with the human friends, I wonder if it was simply they didn't want to give the screen time? Even Leo didn't much :)

The first arc could have been the last, Kavaxas could have caused a sort of apocalypse too before being stopped. I thought it was soon to bring Shredder back when they could have pushed him to the end...and then of course we would get Splinter at the end too.

Vicky82
09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
I found what looked like Mutagen Man's canister at the seafloor right below the fight arena (when Raph briefly fell into the water):

That's it guys, the fate of Mutagen Man is solved.

He's dead :lol:

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Ah, so that's the Mutagen Man cameo? So Timmy died, or stayed dead. All 2 fans of his character can now be satisfied.

newfan
09-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Ah, so that's the Mutagen Man cameo? So Timmy died, or stayed dead. All 2 fans of his character can now be satisfied.

:lol::lol:

09-23-2017, 05:05 PM
How does that mess with continuity? All that means is that at some point The Kraang come back and set off a mutagen bomb.

I wish it could've been explained at least.

BubblyShell22
09-23-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm going to say the crossover is the finale and not this one. Just seems more fitting to me.

IndigoErth
09-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Nice eye on what looks like Mutagen Man/Timothy's canister!

Although... are we sure he's still in there? (Or was prior to death.) Maybe it was just discarded?

Though this does help asnwer if where these eps take place is where NY used to sit. (Along with the pizza place maybe.) Is Oasis an overgrown part of NYC that still remains? They do say they're home.

Redworld96
09-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Wondering if Nickelodeon would air it on TV or not

victory_angel
09-23-2017, 06:17 PM

What if the Green Oasis is the remains of their secret lair. I mean yeah it was surrounded by a massive lush forest. But if you look at the pool of water that Mikey jumps into it is a concrete hole in the earth.

The lair is their home, it's where they feel safe. So it's only natural they are drawn to where they are a family.

A more likely plausibility, however, is the oasis is the remains of the farmhouse which also would have left that boxy depression in the ground over time since it wasn't being maintained by anyone. Ciro had said early on in the series that wherever Splinter was, was home. So the oasis the Turtles were looking for, was the place Splinter was. And even though his grave marker no longer exists, the Turtles are still drawn to where Splinter's body remains because that is home. Which would make sense given the flashback moment of them posing for that family photo with Splinter at the end.

As for Donnie's body being destroyed. Maybe when Leo pushes his brothers to what he hoped was to safety. Leo takes the blast and is assumed dead. Mikey is separated from his brothers or Raph doesn't see him in the destruction and assumes the worst.

Raph manages to find Donnie, unfortunately, his brother's body is broken and the damage is serious enough to be mortal. Knowing they didn't have much time, Donnie struggles to hang on and tells Raph to take him back to his lab. Once there he tells Raph what he should do. Raph is desperate for his brother to stay with him enough not to question it. Then when everything is done...Donnie's body seemingly passes on. Raph freaks out thinking he was too late or he didn't follow instructions correctly. But then suddenly Metalhead Mrk2 comes online and starts speaking with Donnie's voice. It's here he explains that his consciousness was transferred to metalhead and this was the only way he could be saved.

The two of them then look over what is left of New York for their friends and missing brothers. Casey's body is found and also April's tessin. The to of them mourn for their lost human friends. Though later Donnie but tells Raph that in a way he is glad April didn't live to see him as a robot. The two of them then spend the next few decades trying to survive in the wasteland and grudgingly tolerating each other because they are the only people they have left now.

Ninjinister
09-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when this place was the most civil about something. Even those who didn't like this finale here, aren't being as bad as the posts I'm seeing outside of the board. People are downright pissed as if they'd been deprived of a essential life function or something.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when this place was the most civil about something. Even those who didn't like this finale here, aren't being as bad as the posts I'm seeing outside of the board. People are downright pissed as if they'd been deprived of a essential life function or something.

Really? What forums are people complaining on? It seems here most people are content with the finale even if they're not too keen on it.

Well...Vegita-san hasn't posted in this thread yet, so he'll probably be the first one to post a whiny rant here.

Powder
09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Dude, what's up with this Fugitoid story of Ciro's? He doesn't wanna spoil it, soooo does that mean there's a chance we're gonna actually get it in some form? That is incredibly exciting.

Maybe they're allowing for a special to be made in the summer? Or he wants to pitch it to IDW? I dunno, but I wanna experience that.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally meant to be a season 5 episode, but was ultimately scrapped for budget/time constraint reasons.

Nice to hear we might get it in some other form though.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Dude, what's up with this Fugitoid story of Ciro's? He doesn't wanna spoil it, soooo does that mean there's a chance we're gonna actually get it in some form? That is incredibly exciting.

Maybe they're allowing for a special to be made in the summer? Or he wants to pitch it to IDW? I dunno, but I wanna experience that.

It's quite possible he can tell the story in comic form published by IDW. I know Robotanimals #3 is said to be their last Nick comic, but if Ciro wants to write another story they'll probably publish it.

I'm not even sure if Ciro has ever read all the Nick comics published by IDW.

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Ciro said fugitive not Fugitoid. Am I missing something?

Ashwolf
09-23-2017, 07:10 PM

Nope, think the 1s saying it was fugitoid misread it...

Allio
09-23-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm going to say the crossover is the finale and not this one. Just seems more fitting to me.

Honestly rit's stupid to me, especially with what happens to B and R

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Nope, think the 1s saying it was fugitoid misread it...The question still remains though. What is this story about?

I wonder if additional stories could be done maybe in 2D animated form to add to the story and fill in the gaps. Maybe a web series but that would compete against the new show so it probably wouldn't happen. However, that didn't stop them from releasing all those weird animated shorts over the summer. If they did do more of those, I'd rather see them based on the currently finished show.

Probably a dumb idea but this arc just seemed so jarring as if they skipped over some major stuff that I'm sure lots of us would've wanted to see.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Honestly rit's stupid to me, especially with what happens to B and R

You mean Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady? Them turning over a new leaf and becoming good guys fits them fine. It was the perfect end to them.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Its time to finally tackle this, the series finale of the Nick tmnt series! I can't believe it was all over yesterday night when I got around to watching all 3 episodes, the series that began almost 5 years ago has finally come to an end.

On my thoughts regarding the actual episodes themselves, I thought they were good, great even but not the all out finale of perfection that I was building it up to be. That was a slight dissapointment, but I honestly can't complain as I thought the very last scene of all the brothers re-uniting was perfect. The world may be in peril, no one may have survived, but the spirit that kept all 4 turtles together was strong as ever.

It certainly helps that I am a big fan of the Mad Max series, especially Fury Road, so I'm a bit biased towards this episode emotionally, but lets start with what was legitimately good about it:

1. The implication that the Turtles may have had a final battle with the Kraang, something that I hoped for since this season began.
2. Chompy, though I was not especially big on Ice Cream Kitty's re-appearance, considering she could not only not survive in a desert and didn't visibly age at all, but had a musical to herself not too long ago.
3. The fact that the special set aside time for the turtles to just have fun and enjoy themselves, even as the world around them was grim.
4. Raphs, Dons and Mike's new look.
5. I liked Meera's character. I was initially hoping for Alopex instead, but I'm content with what we got.
6. The lack of April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami. Alot of people may have not liked these episodes for this reason but I think having just the turtles was a smart choice for this one final story.
7. The action/chase scenes.

As for the cons:
1. Leo's new look, I didn't like it that much
2. I didn't care much for Verminator Rex, but I thought the Lizard people were cool. Still think the Kraang should've been chasing the turtles instead.
3. The ending was a bit rushed in my opinion, they could've explored the past a bit more and elaborated on how the apolcalyptic wasteland exactly came into being, and clarified what the turtles decide to do after they reach Oasis, try and rebuild the world with trees maybe?

8/10.

Ninturtle
09-23-2017, 08:02 PM

Fugitoid usually auto corrects to Fugitive when I type it, so that's a possibility too. And by the way am I the only bothered by Mikey having hair? Especially Raph at least shaved , but Mikey looked ridiculous . I don't mind Mikey's design except for that ( and the underwear he's wearing), and like the concept of an old senile Mikey but that decision to give him hair baffled me.

matteso586
09-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Took me a day after to realize. Meera is the same voice actress as Lucy Loud and Flame Princess. Come to think of it, I wonder if Peter DiCicco and Jessica DiCicco are related. Or am I just getting confused and misspelled their last names?

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Fugitoid usually auto corrects to Fugitive when I type it, so that's a possibility too. And by the way am I the only bothered by Mikey having hair? Especially Raph at least shaved , but Mikey looked ridiculous . I don't mind Mikey's design except for that ( and the underwear he's wearing), and like the concept of an old senile Mikey but that decision to give him hair baffled me.Oh, that's a good point about the auto correct. Maybe he did mean Fugitoid. Hopefully this story comes to light.

Raph with a beard was weird and yes, Mikey with hair was also weird. Makes you wonder why the need for hair. At first I was annoyed but I quickly shrugged it off.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Fugitoid's VA is from Doctor Who, isn't he? He was probably too famous or busy to get back again in real life to come back for an episode.

Ninjinister
09-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Fugitoid's VA is from Doctor Who, isn't he? He was probably too famous or busy to get back again in real life to come back for an episode.

Or maybe it's because he's the main character in another cartoon right now? That might fit the "too busy" thing. But they could also voice match if they couldn't get him back. Tom Taylorson from Battle Match sounds close enough to work. It's not like they've never replaced a voice on here before.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Come to think of it I wonder if the original plan was for Donnie to be put into Fugitoid's body instead of Metalhead. It would have been more fitting than Don just put into a rebuilt Metalhead. If he was put into Fugitoid's body we probably would have still heard Fugitoid speak too and they'd both co-exist in the same robot frame.

Allio
09-23-2017, 08:51 PM
You mean Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady? Them turning over a new leaf and becoming good guys fits them fine. It was the perfect end to them.

Hardly, it's more in character that when they say it they have their fingers crossed. Honestly them trying to redeem these "closure" to characters like them and Tigerclaw has done badly.

Heck there ain't no going back, Rocksteady was a weapons dealer

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Hardly, it's more in character that when they say it they have their fingers crossed. Honestly them trying to redeem these "closure" to characters like them and Tigerclaw has done badly.

Heck there ain't no going back, Rocksteady was a weapons dealer

Rocksteady being a weapons dealer doesn't mean evil, there are weapons dealers in real life, and Bebop was a thief. Even then them realizing Shredder/Krang were going to take over or destroy the world wasn't what they wanted, so they helped the Turtles defeat them and thought about turning over a new leaf.

Allio
09-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Saving the world doesn't equate to being a hero. There is such thing as choosing the lesser of two evils.

Honestly the most probable is that the two of them are on an adrenaline high and they will be back to their old selves

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Or maybe they try the hero thing for a little while and it doesn't work out. Either way it was a proper ending for them, even ignoring this timeskip.

TigerClaw
09-23-2017, 11:01 PM
I wonder if the Show's creators borrow this from the TMNT and Other Strangeness RPG.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/After_the_Bomb

There was a supplement called "After The Bomb" which is set in the near future.

In the near future, gene modifying technology has become widespread and inexpensive, allowing for consumer-level gene modifying kits. People began experimenting with transgenic hybrids, creating their own mutant animals. Creating human hybrids was technically illegal, but was impossible to enforce (since everyone has a full set of human genes).

Some kids decided to make a homebrew virus, based on the human genome, and release it into the wild. Roughly three-quarters of humanity died, and the virus also began to infect other animals, modifying their genetic code. The remaining governments decided this must have been an act of bio-terrorism, and waged nuclear war. Collectively, this fall of human civilization was known as The Crash.

After a few generations, animals with human looks or other mutations became common, leading to the world of After the Bomb.

PApagreg
09-23-2017, 11:37 PM
You know I been thinking and based on the ending are they going to use the Oasis to jumpstart the planet or are they just going to keep it to themselves, also how come Donnie didn't try to communicate with any of the alien species the turtles encountered I mean there has to be some letover Kraang tech he could use to communicate with extra terrestrials allies or find some sort of new Dimension.

newhire13
09-24-2017, 12:06 AM
You know I been thinking and based on the ending are they going to use the Oasis to jumpstart the planet or are they just going to keep it to themselves, also how come Donnie didn't try to communicate with any of the alien species the turtles encountered I mean there has to be some letover Kraang tech he could use to communicate with extra terrestrials allies or find some sort of new Dimension.

Well its been 50 years, I'm sure at one point he tried. You gotta remember, they've had 50 years worth of adventures from the time the bomb went off until we caught up with them.

Storm Eagle
09-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Ciro answering some questions.

(in spoiler due to size)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/120f664e6e11c238e2bce3ff31a33b8d/tumblr_owqxpga0cV1w36ztno1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/24ee6b1cd2528a28cb0e1c7d17a2520c/tumblr_owqxpga0cV1w36ztno2_400.png

That's it guys, the fate of Mutagen Man is solved.

He's dead :lol:

:lol::lol:

It's f*cked up that people find that funny.

Ninturtle
09-24-2017, 01:43 AM

How so? Timothy is a fictional character.

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 02:01 AM

It's a fictional minor character who only appeared in like 3 episodes in a kids show. You sound to me like you're taking things too seriously.

newfan
09-24-2017, 02:03 AM
It was the 'all 2 people who liked him' comment I laughed at not that he was dead. Wasn't meant to be offensive.

Powder
09-24-2017, 02:46 AM
You have no reason to explain yourself. :tlol:

Vicky82
09-24-2017, 03:10 AM
I only laughed about it because people were moaning that Mutagen Man story didn't continue.

Storm Eagle
09-24-2017, 03:10 AM
I've seen others talk about how they hoped Timothy might return to normal. I've been hoping the same thing. I don't see what the problem is.

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 03:19 AM
The reason it's funny is because Ciro purposely put Mutagen Man's container at the very bottom of that sludge pit where Raph was fighting. They did it purposely as an easter egg for fans. It was like, "Hey remember Mutagen Man? Well we never de-mutated him, he's just dead now!"

It's called, "dark humor," it's something this show does well.

Powder
09-24-2017, 03:26 AM
I'm fine with it, it's something. :tlol:

I'll just assume that the blast of extra mutagen made him defrost and come back to life, & he wound up fighting in the pit only to lose.

Glitter Wand
09-24-2017, 03:34 AM
Maximus Kong's revelation to be Leonardo, along with his explanation of what happened to him hit me hard. Raph sounded so pained when he said, "I love you, brother." Mikey, chompey, and Raph, and Donnie's reunion was also very heartwarming, and so was the ending. Seeing the family and Mira together at the oasis was so beautiful. All and all, this episode was intense, but bittersweet.

Powder
09-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Holy f**king crap, it was Keith Morris voicing Reptilicus?!

Since that'll prolly mean jack to most of you, he was the vocalist of the punk bands Black Flag/Circle Jerks. I knew I knew the voice from somewhere & I couldn't place it, but wowwwww, how unexpected/cool.

kelligrafie
09-24-2017, 05:26 AM
I know I'm not the only person who lay in bed after watching the finale having an existential crisis "what do I do with myself now" moment.

I enjoyed it but I think we could've done with just one more episode to show the immediate aftermath of the mutagen bomb and the events surrounding it.

Way too many questions left unanswered. We shouldn't have to be getting information from the executive producer's instagram.

I'm so unbelievably sad it's come to a close as it is, but not knowing who survived and who didn't and all the backstories we'll never get to see is painful.

The fact they put so much effort into tying up the story lines for all the villains and didn't extend the same courtesy to the heroes is also quite bizarre but I guess Nickelodeon were breathing down their necks to get everything finished as quickly as possible so they could get started on promoting the new series.

newfan
09-24-2017, 06:10 AM
It was sad that basically the friends were killed off or mutated maybe whilst still teens if the explosion was right after the other eps. They could have made a 4th episode given it was the end.

TigerClaw
09-24-2017, 07:06 AM
With the mutants being the only ones in this future timeline, I wonder how many were human born mutants, versus the animal born ones, Mira the meerkat mutant seems to have been born years after the bomb went off, so she has no recollection of what happened in the past.

so at some point in this timeline, mutants started there own tribes and procreated.

NikitaZhukov
09-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Mira's voice is Jessica DiCicco, huh... Well, we all know where we heard this last name before. :lol:

newhire13
09-24-2017, 10:00 AM
I guess what eventually happened to the turtles comes back to the whole violence begets violence aspect from the Mirage Comics. I mean, if you want to look at it logically, the turtles were probably running on borrowed time. An enemy that advanced and with that many numbers is going to be very hard to defeat forever.

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Mira's voice is Jessica DiCicco, huh... Well, we all know where we heard this last name before. :lol:

No relation to Peter.

Aaronardo
09-24-2017, 10:57 AM
The reason it's funny is because Ciro purposely put Mutagen Man's container at the very bottom of that sludge pit where Raph was fighting. They did it purposely as an easter egg for fans. It was like, "Hey remember Mutagen Man? Well we never de-mutated him, he's just dead now!"

It's called, "dark humor," it's something this show does well.

If it were intended as dark humor, you would think it would be brought to the forefront rather than thrown into the background. If it's a joke, a LOT of people are missing it. It's more like an easter egg. "Hey, remember this character we promised an interesting plot for? We forgot about him! Oops! Welp, at least he's there in the final episode."

Nobody necessarily cares that this fictional character can't go back to a normal life as much as a potentially great plot examining Donnie's character was completely wasted thanks to plot amnesia. If it was intentional dark humor to forget about him, Ciro wouldn't have flat out said in an interview that Mutagen Man would play a huge part in Season 2 for him to only appear in two episodes.

Allio
09-24-2017, 10:59 AM
"plot amnesia" sounds like Nick TMNT in a nutshell

Tarris Vaal
09-24-2017, 11:06 AM
I think it speaks volumes as to how well this arc works as a finale that so many fans are trying to find reasons why its an Alternate universe, or altered timeline, etc.

Its a shame, because I actually really like the future arc - its a cool setting and the elder characters were mostly pretty good (not sold on Leo). But it just doesn't work well as a finale because there's almost no sense of closure to it.

It almost feels more like a pilot arc to launch a new series in the new setting.

Its also a shame that the set up for how they got to the new setting is almost more interesting than the plot for the Future arc itself. The mutagen bomb would have been a much better opening episode of its own to start the arc off, and then move into the future arc afterwards. At least we would have got more closure on the support cast and questions like why Don is a robot, and why Raph has Casey's skull (I actually quite liked the use for his skull personally, I thought it was something Casey would have appreciated - but I would like to know why Raph ever thought that was a good idea).

Jester
09-24-2017, 11:07 AM
I'll need to rewatch it to pay closer attention to details, but I enjoyed it. Loved the visual throwbacks to Nightwatcher and Dark Leo. The only thing I wish we had was more of an explanation of the mutagen bomb.

Ashwolf
09-24-2017, 11:14 AM
OMG, YES! Someone else noticed this, too! There was definitely continuity between the Usagi arc and this one. That's one thing I wanted them to expand on because it also left open a major plothole since Jei's spirit was trapped in the remaining blade.

Well..... i have 2 take back wat i said about the continuity since leo actually does have both swords, unless thats a tanto.....

https://i.imgur.com/Fjff5Y9.png

Sabacooza
09-24-2017, 11:35 AM
I think it speaks volumes as to how well this arc works as a finale that so many fans are trying to find reasons why its an Alternate universe, or altered timeline, etc.

Its a shame, because I actually really like the future arc - its a cool setting and the elder characters were mostly pretty good (not sold on Leo). But it just doesn't work well as a finale because there's almost no sense of closure to it.

It almost feels more like a pilot arc to launch a new series in the new setting.

Its also a shame that the set up for how they got to the new setting is almost more interesting than the plot for the Future arc itself. The mutagen bomb would have been a much better opening episode of its own to start the arc off, and then move into the future arc afterwards. At least we would have got more closure on the support cast and questions like why Don is a robot, and why Raph has Casey's skull (I actually quite liked the use for his skull personally, I thought it was something Casey would have appreciated - but I would like to know why Raph ever thought that was a good idea).I don't hate it. I just think it's so bleak and it happened so abruptly that it's hard to adjust going from a more fun happier setting when they're teenagers to something totally the opposite.

This does seem like it could be a pilot for another series. I wouldn't mind this at least continuing as a comic book series and also filling in the gaps previously.

As for Raph holding onto Casey's skull it is kind of morbid to hold onto something like that but maybe it was a way to keep Casey close to him. Maybe to keep him from forgetting about someone he grew to be really close to prior. The poor guy after all has memory issues. He could've been hanging onto it hoping to give Casey his moment of glory by using his skull as a bomb. Oddly enough, I can see Casey being up for this as a dying request

Kit31
09-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Well..... i have 2 take back wat i said about the continuity since leo actually does have both swords, unless thats a tanto.....

https://i.imgur.com/Fjff5Y9.png

Hmmmmm...I have no idea what that is. He's never carried one of those on him before. In his old set, he had that hidden blade in the handle (as shown in "The Invasion, Pt 1"), but I never saw that with his 'current' set.

newfan
09-24-2017, 11:52 AM
I don't hate it. I just think it's so bleak and it happened so abruptly that it's hard to adjust going from a more fun happier setting when they're teenagers to something totally the opposite.

This does seem like it could be a pilot for another series. I wouldn't mind this at least continuing as a comic book series and also filling in the gaps previously.

As for Raph holding onto Casey's skull it is kind of morbid to hold onto something like that but maybe it was a way to keep Casey close to him. Maybe to keep him from forgetting about someone he grew to be really close to prior. The poor guy after all has memory issues.

It was kind of sad watching an earlier episode afterwards and thinking we know what happens to them very shortly after these adventures, could have at least happened a bit later so there were less years of apocalyptic misery for them.

I liked the arc as in that it was well done and if it were an alternative reality I would have thought 'what a good story, glad that didn't happen though cause that would be an awful end for everything!' :)

Not sure what to make of Casey's skull either, trying to imagine a conversation where Casey indicated that it's what he would want...but I can't see anyone saying that :)

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 12:07 PM
It was kind of sad watching an earlier episode afterwards and thinking we know what happens to them very shortly after these adventures, could have at least happened a bit later so there were less years of apocalyptic misery for them.

They never said that the world has been like that for 50 years, just that it's 50 years in the future.

Personally, I like to believe that they went on plenty of adventures and had relatively happy lives for a while after the FW crossover and Usagi episodes, and that the mutagen bomb incident didn't happen until their late 20's/early 30's.

newfan
09-24-2017, 12:09 PM
They never said that the world has been like that for 50 years, just that it's 50 years in the future.

Personally, I like to believe that they went on plenty of adventures and had relatively happy lives for a while after the FW crossover and Usagi episodes, and that the mutagen bomb incident didn't happen until their late 20's/early 30's.

I thought this too but I think someone who worked on the series said it happened while they were still young, course young is still 20s and early 30s, so maybe, I would prefer to think that.

asfaloth12
09-24-2017, 12:15 PM
I liked the arc as in that it was well done and if it were an alternative reality I would have thought 'what a good story, glad that didn't happen though cause that would be an awful end for everything!' :)

That's pretty much how I'm viewing it, as an alternate reality 8). Or a weird, elaborate dream. It had some parts that were quite moving, but a few flaws and things that didn't make sense to me.
For me, it was the weakest arc of the season, and one of the weakest of the series.
I'm glad there are people who enjoyed it, though. And if they want to view at as part of the main canon storyline, and/or it works for them as the series finale, then more power to them. To each their own:)

CyberCubed
09-24-2017, 12:44 PM
"plot amnesia" sounds like Nick TMNT in a nutshell

The only "plot amnesia" is fans themselves making up stuff and being disappointed by it. For example people kept thinking April's mother needed to be found. Both Ciro and Brandon confirmed April's mother was dead long before she was cloned. I even rewatched the episode to be sure and there was no indication she was alive.

Mutagen Man is something the writers just seemingly stopped caring about, but at least they showed his container in this episode. And his container was always in the lair every episode.

Besides that, all the major characters in the show were pretty much wrapped up and had their closure, not even counting this 50 year timeskip. The only thing I would have done is shown what happened with Fugitoid, but that's about it.

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 01:01 PM
I thought this too but I think someone who worked on the series said it happened while they were still young, course young is still 20s and early 30s, so maybe, I would prefer to think that.

Good point. By my count, the guys were 29 in Mirage when the Utroms revealed them selves and everything started going to hell. So my current headcanon is that's how old they were in the Nick universe before their apocalypse happened.

Allio
09-24-2017, 01:22 PM
The only "plot amnesia" is fans themselves making up stuff and being disappointed by it. For example people kept thinking April's mother needed to be found. Both Ciro and Brandon confirmed April's mother was dead long before she was cloned. I even rewatched the episode to be sure and there was no indication she was alive.

Mutagen Man is something the writers just seemingly stopped caring about, but at least they showed his container in this episode. And his container was always in the lair every episode.

Besides that, all the major characters in the show were pretty much wrapped up and had their closure, not even counting this 50 year timeskip. The only thing I would have done is shown what happened with Fugitoid, but that's about it.

So we just gonna forget all the other lives the turtles ruined in season 2?

shredder orokusaki
09-24-2017, 01:41 PM
And as you all saw the turtles are nothing more than weak cowards. They went to live n the oasis to hide from the other mutants and me!