PDA

View Full Version : Most well-written episodes of the 1987-1996 series

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Which episodes do you think are the most well-written episodes of the 1987-1996 series.

oldmanwinters
09-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Turtles on Trial has a nice narrative flow to it.

Of course the pilot episodes. I still like David Wise's analogy of "peeling back the layers of the onion" in regards to revealing story points throughout those five episodes.

Ulisa
09-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Hmmm...good question. I definitely have my favorites but when you ask best written, that makes me think a little differently. Iím not counting the first five episodes as I think those have almost become a given for some of the best writing in the old toon.

Legend of Koji is still pretty awesome. Good use of characters, setting and plot and altogether, it flowed pretty nicely

Enter the Fly is also pretty well done. The humor works but I think the writing also lends itself to tension as well which was needed.

Curse of the Evil Eye utilizes the characters well and I enjoyed the expansion of Baxterís story even if it didnít stick

The Big Trilogy seemed to have a fairly decent balance down between humor and action so i have to consider it as well.

Iíd need to revisit some episodes but I seem to remember Enter the Rat King and Get Shredder being well written as well.

Wesley
09-22-2017, 03:58 PM
I haven't watched most of the series in years, but I agree with the episodes already mentioned.

I also remember liking these eps a lot:

Take Me to Your Leader
Raphael Meets his Match
Bebop and Rocksteady Conquer the Universe
Shredder Triumphant
Split-Second
The three-parter from season 10 along with The Day the Earth Disappeared and Divide and Conquer
Turtle Trek
Shreeka's Revenge
Ninja Sword of Nowhere
Havoc three-parter from season 8
Shredder's Mom
Night of the Dark Turtle
Donatello's Duplicate
Michaelango's Birthday
Return of the Turtloid
My Brother, the Bad Guy
White Belt, Black Heart
Return of the Technodrome
Beware the Lotus
Shredderville
Leonardo vs Tempestra
Corporate Raiders from Dimension X
Wrath of the Rat King

2K3
09-25-2017, 06:44 AM
Here's my list:

All Season 1 (practically a movie in itself)
"Eye of Sarnoth" arc
Enter: The Fly
Splinter No More
Enter the Rat King
Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero
"The Big" Trilogy
Raphael Meets His Match
The Legend of Koji
Night of the Rogues
Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter
Shredder Triumphunt
All Season 8
"Power of Three" Trilogy
Divide and Conquor

Prowler
09-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Turtles on Trial has a nice narrative flow to it.

Of course the pilot episodes. I still like David Wise's analogy of "peeling back the layers of the onion" in regards to revealing story points throughout those five episodes.
Turtle on Trial was arguably the best animated episode of the FW series alongside the first Neutrino episode, imo. But man did I hate how that guy sh*at on the Turtles on national television and they weren't able to defend themselves on set. That really pissed me off as a kid.

pferreira
09-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Best written? Hmm let me see...

Turtle Tracks
Enter The Shredder
Shredder & Splintered
Enter: The Fly
Invasion of the Punk Frogs
Splinter No More
Turtles on Trial
The Old Switcheroo
Take Me to Your Leader