PDA

View Full Version : TMNT #74 preview & discussion

AlZarkovski
09-22-2017, 03:25 PM
Preview here (http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-74/).

ChosenOne
09-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Al coming through with the goods, as usual! :D

Just these few pages give off such a tremendously grandiose feel... What an arc! I can't wait to see more of Maligna and her army.

TigerClaw
09-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Preview here (http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-74/).
Cool! Ace Duck is in this.

Utrommaniac
09-22-2017, 05:40 PM
I just like that Zog is being brought up.

And I still question why they're not dealing with Maligna first before Krang. The priorities are not in order.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Aw yeah. Triceratons, Maligna's Swarm, Ace Duck, and (it feels so weird to be happy about this) Neutrinos!

IDW has definitely earned its place as "Not Mirage, but Definitely Second Place TMNT" for my money. :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
09-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Now that Zog has been brought up, and his condition in the Battle Nexus, I can only wonder if this is when they explore what happened to him.

Zog was the ringleader of the rebellion, who believed Krang could be better than Quanin, dragged down to a speck of what he once was, as nothing more than an non-intellectual brute engaging in violence for violence's sake and not for what he believed to be necessity.

oldmanwinters
09-23-2017, 08:51 AM
I was really hoping #74 would have come the week after Dimension X #5 to keep the momentum going. I still haven't read #5 because I wanted to see how it flowed immediately into this issue.

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 06:00 PM
I wonder is Raph afraid of bugs like in Nick/4kids? His expression after hearing about the Malinga swarm has me wondering.

Redeemer
09-23-2017, 06:14 PM
I wonder is Raph afraid of bugs like in Nick/4kids? His expression after hearing about the Malinga swarm has me wondering.

I hope not in the Nick cartoon he seems like a whiney brat when he sees a bug as for the 4kids he seemed to have more of a hatred for bugs not an actual fear like in the Nick cartoon.

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 06:28 PM
I wonder is Raph afraid of bugs like in Nick/4kids? His expression after hearing about the Malinga swarm has me wondering. Probably not to the extent that he was in the Nick show. I really hope not. He looks more annoyed than anything.

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 04:56 AM
Man, even though we had Dimension X all last month, it feels like FOREVER since we've had a new issue. Hopefully this cheers me up after seeing the Nick show come to an end yesterday.

Sabacooza
09-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Man, even though we had Dimension X all last month, it feels like FOREVER since we've had a new issue. Hopefully this cheers me up after seeing the Nick show come to an end yesterday.That is until this series comes to an end and then we'll be upset all over again. Hopefully, this will keep going for many years to come.

ToTheNines
09-24-2017, 06:49 AM
That is until this series comes to an end and then we'll be upset all over again. Hopefully, this will keep going for many years to come.

Ha, too true.

Personally, I hope it ends with #100. I like my stories to have an end. I'd hate to see it get cancelled abruptly, or have the creative team burn out/get removed from the book.

In many ways, it feels like they're just getting started, but by the time #100 sees print there will have been over 200 comics published in this continuity. I'd say that's a very fair run.

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Ha, too true.

Personally, I hope it ends with #100. I like my stories to have an end. I'd hate to see it get cancelled abruptly, or have the creative team burn out/get removed from the book.

In many ways, it feels like they're just getting started, but by the time #100 sees print there will have been over 200 comics published in this continuity. I'd say that's a very fair run.

I doubt it will. This is one of IDW's top selling books, and this continuity will keep going as long as sales remain strong.

Besides, IDW is my favorite version of the TMNT :tgrin:

ToTheNines
09-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Hey, I believe you man.

But I'd rather see the swan song be a truly epic #100, rather than see Viacom pull the plug randomly and have the final issue be Mikey taking Pepperoni trick or treating, or some sh*t.

Utrommaniac
09-25-2017, 07:15 AM
The guys at IDW seem to know way better than that :P

Weapons@theready
09-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Hey, I believe you man.

But I'd rather see the swan song be a truly epic #100, rather than see Viacom pull the plug randomly and have the final issue be Mikey taking Pepperoni trick or treating, or some sh*t.

Agreed...but at the same time can we get that issue in the works?:tgrin:

Utrommaniac
09-25-2017, 11:03 AM
He could dress as Ian Malcolm an talk about Chaos theory without understanding in the slightest :lol:

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 01:54 AM
WELL. Now we've got a reason for the Triceratons coming to Earth and a slight bit of a chance to throw a little dirt at the Neutrinos for bad decision making. Nice that Trib has at least a little wariness on them, but still.

And yeah, maybe attempting a trial in the middle of a growing invasion wasn't the best idea.

Leatherhead as a surprise witness was great, but I'm not sure his testimony alone would be enough for a life sentence in prison. Just startling for Krang.

Stump's testimony was funny though, basically just saying that he didn't get paid as much as he personally hoped.

Some part of me still thinks Krang might die. Maybe not by execution, but in the fight against the Malignoid swarm. Or by a Triceraton. It's just slightly more likely than escaping to Burnow in the midst of the fighting, believing that there would be no way for Neutrino to survive and gets out while he has a chance.

ChosenOne
09-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Anyone else disappointed that Stump didn't get any Trumpisms in during his testimony? :D

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 08:04 AM
I think speaking out of turn to Donatello counts? "It was all very sad" strikes me as kind of Trumpy. Especially since it was followed up by not getting paid as much as he hoped.

(Also, this is just making me wonder just how wealthy Krang is?)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 09:35 AM
This was really REALLY REALLY written for trade. :tgrumble:

Also, I knew badass Neutrinos couldn't be trusted. Losers. :tlol:

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 10:17 AM
I for one am quite happy to see a slip in their Goody Two Shoes act. Rub some dirt on their Good Pure Wholesome Elfyness! I don't even think they know the Triceratons want Earth, but it'll be good when they realize just what they've done.

And Krang might just laugh at them until he realizes the Utroms on Burnow won't be safe.

ProphetofGanja
09-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Well, to be fair, most comics read better in trades than as single issues. C'est la vie.

The courtroom drama was highly simplified, but I understand that they don't have the space to accurately represent court proceedings, so it's all good. I'm really ready to see Krang get what's coming to him though and to see Leatherhead, the Turtles and the Neutrinos fight Maligna's swarm. I'm getting strong Zerg-ala-Starcraft vibes from the swarm, I'm curious to see if all the bugs are the same or if there are different types for different purposes.

Also my second letter was printed in this issue!

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Knowing Krang, he might try to aid in the swarm attack to get some hope of leniency. And with all his experience, he'd be too good of an asset to waste.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 11:43 AM
Well, to be fair, most comics read better in trades than as single issues. C'est la vie.

Yeah, but some are way worse than others.

I found the AIPT review really nailed my own thoughts...

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/09/27/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-74-review/

Curious to see what Spengs will think...

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Considering the Triceratons as villains makes some sense to me. Being derived from herbivores won't automatically make them good guys and when you're a big powerhouse of muscle and aggression, they might as well use it

I noticed that Cory Smith seems to put "palms" on the Utroms main appendages and for some reason it's really unsettling?
https://i.imgur.com/nY4z1zX.png
It works for the 2012 group (they even have suckers on the inside), but that's just...yeeeuugh. Why so flat? And yet...it's also sort of a good idea? Probably not one I'd be employing...

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 12:03 PM
If this is going to be the only scenes for the witnesses in the trial (and we didn't get to see Ace Duck yet or that fly/robot/fairy/plant thing from the last issue speak), I'm gonna be disappointed. Feels like these characters are all being glossed over quickly in the trial. I know we have one more issue left but it retroactively makes the Dimension X mini feel like filler...which I guess it kinda was.

Leatherhead is probably going to have the biggest role when the trial resumes after the invasion, but it doesn't seem like any of the 5 witnesses will amount to much if this issue was any indication. I mean what could Ace Duck possibly say when he's a rogue smuggler ala Han Solo?

Anyway the most interesting part of the issue was by far the Triceratons warning the Neutrinos that if they don't get a planet, they're going to war. And the Triceratons are basically like the Klingons from Star Trek. They say they die honorable deaths and mean business if you betray them. Peter Laird is a huge Star Trek fan and you can see how the Klingons inspired the Triceratons as a warrior race.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 12:23 PM
If this is going to be the only scenes for the witnesses in the trial (and we didn't get to see Ace Duck yet or that fly/robot/fairy/plant thing from the last issue speak), I'm gonna be disappointed. Feels like these characters are all being glossed over quickly in the trial. I know we have one more issue left but it retroactively makes the Dimension X mini feel like filler...which I guess it kinda was.

Leatherhead is probably going to have the biggest role when the trial resumes after the invasion, but it doesn't seem like any of the 5 witnesses will amount to much if this issue was any indication. I mean what could Ace Duck possibly say when he's a rogue smuggler ala Han Solo?

Anyway the most interesting part of the issue was by far the Triceratons warning the Neutrinos that if they don't get a planet, they're going to war. And the Triceratons are basically like the Klingons from Star Trek. They say they die honorable deaths and mean business if you betray them. Peter Laird is a huge Star Trek fan and you can see how the Klingons inspired the Triceratons as a warrior race.

Ace Duck will hopefully carry over into another story at some point, but the rest of the witnesses are indeed filler. Don't care.

And yeah, Triceratons were the highlight... but man, is the Neutrino king really gonna screw over Earth that easily?

ProphetofGanja
09-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Why is everyone assuming King Zenter is acting dodgy? I feel like he means that he will help the Triceratons find an uninhabited planet once all this is over, but then the Triceraton Commander is gonna be like "nah, we want EARTH" since that's where they're originally from and they probably view it as theirs by rights.

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 12:30 PM
I don't think Zenter even knows that the Triceratons want Earth.

I would also say that he'd be too much of a wimp to deny them Earth when they say it's the planet they want, but he did hold out for months - maybe even years - when Krang was tearing Neutrino down looking for Honeycutt.
But then again, the Triceratons will prove to be a whole new ballgame compared to what Krang did.

The ironic part is the Triceratons muscling in to claim Earth as their new home while the Utroms are barely even able to settle down and come to grips with what happened to them, while the Triceratons have been able to establish themselves in the new world to the point that they're trusted.

TomWaltz
09-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Love the discussion in this thread, because I know #75 is hopefully going to pleasantly surprise many of you. All I can promise is this: no witness is filler, each one plays an important part in upcoming events (one way or another), and King Zenter's truly in a tough spot. And jetpacks! (I'll say no more.)

Thanks for hanging in with us all these years. We truly do appreciate each and everyone of you... definitely no filler in this group. You ALL rock!

We've got more craziness to come and, as B'een Go says... more DANGER!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

ChosenOne
09-27-2017, 12:39 PM
So we all kind of assumed the "unspeakable alliance" against the Triceratons in the upcoming Invasion arc will be with Bishop... Not saying that scenario won't still happen, but given the Utrom/Triceraton backstory, what's if it's actually with or involving Ch'rell?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 12:44 PM
So we all kind of assumed the "unspeakable alliance" against the Triceratons in the upcoming Invasion arc will be with Bishop... Not saying that scenario won't still happen, but given the Utrom/Triceraton backstory, what's if it's actually with or involving Ch'rell?

Or even Krang? Hmmm...

Love the discussion in this thread, because I know #75 is hopefully going to pleasantly surprise many of you. All I can promise is this: no witness is filler, each one plays an important part in upcoming events (one way or another), and King Zenter's truly in a tough spot. And jetpacks! (I'll say no more.)

Thanks for hanging in with us all these years. We truly do appreciate each and everyone of you... definitely no filler in this group. You ALL rock!

We've got more craziness to come and, as B'een Go says... more DANGER!

Talk soon...

Tom W.

You had me at jetpacks, sir...

Mutant Ninja Anole
09-27-2017, 12:51 PM
I can see the Triceratrons point actually. On paper, it's hard for me to say they're even in the wrong here. Having a homeland and your own planet as a culture and society is key to becoming a species on level ground with the rest of the galaxy and not just engineered soldiers for other people's wars. And this isn't like previous versions who blew up their own planet. If the Neutrinos were to back out of their deal, the Triceratrons would have every right to be mad and who's to say fighting for a home of your own isn't worth dying for? Especially compared to being mercenaries.

The fact that we know they are going to choose earth is the rub, and displacing the previous inhabitants where the Neutrinos other friends, the Turtles live. From the Triceratrons' perspective, Earth is their ancestral home of myth, and theirs to live in by birthright. I really, really have a hard time not sympathizing with them, even if their means will probably be bad.

I will be interested in how this plays out, if the Triceratrons formally request a chance to make earth their home and are denied, or just come down guns blazing. If the former, it might come across as the EDF having it coming, and I know who I like better between the Triceratrons and flipping BISHOP.

As for the issue itself, it get why people are complaining about trades but...that's sort of the natural evolution of the medium at this point. Eventually the market will adapt to this, the newsstand delivery format isn't exactly healthy right now.

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 01:20 PM

Or even Krang? Hmmm...

Doubt it. All things considered at this point, the Triceratons would likely never form an alliance with the Utroms.

Probably going to be an EPF + Mutants alliance, with maybe a few Utroms on the side. Churk is likely in my mind, since he's the original brain behind the Triceratons and would feel some tremendous guilt over what happened (which come to think of it, is extra meaning for him attacking Michelangelo)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 02:58 PM
Forgot to say, loved the design for the alien judge! :tgrin:

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Oh yeah, that was awesome :D !

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Also was there a continuity error? Hakk-R said, "They got all 5 witnesses, those mutants pulled it off" in this issue. But uh....didn't he already know they got all 5 witnesses in the mini?

ChosenOne
09-27-2017, 03:13 PM
Also was there a continuity error? Hakk-R said, "They got all 5 witnesses, those mutants pulled it off" in this issue. But uh....didn't he already know they got all 5 witnesses in the mini?

I don't remember clearly but I believe he was under the impression that they hadn't swayed at least one of them?

neatoman
09-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Assuming Zenter really did greenlight a Triceraton invasion of earth, that would be an extremely douchey move on his part. Granted, we haven't seen that much of him in the past, maybe it's in character for him?

I'm a little confused about Anemon's contract, why is his testimony still considered null and void because of it? They clearly state the laws it was written under no longer apply and it's clearly worded to protect Krang's ass (or whatever Utroms have instead of it) from prosecution, so how is it still considered legitimate?

martinitolove
09-27-2017, 03:29 PM
I suppose that Krang will be returned to Earth in order to take part in an anti-Triceraton resistance to protect his homeland - Burnow Island! Therefore he will become the ally of turtles and the Foot clan.

Or, in need of a strong leader, the Utroms will "de-frost" Ch'rell...

ChosenOne
09-27-2017, 03:40 PM
What if... Bear with me here... What if it's the Turtles who ultimately have to escape with a freshly-convicted Krang back to Earth in order to help stop the Triceraton invasion that the Neutrinos set in motion? No way #75 is enough to deal with the Maligna threat, she hasn't even had any panel time yet, so where does she stand in all this? Where would Leatherhead stand? With or against the Turtles? Would the Neutrinos try to use deadly force to stop Krang's evasion?

I mean, to hell with the Pantheon and their mustache-twirling, there's a much bigger space epic brewing right here, whichever way this whole thing goes!

neatoman
09-27-2017, 04:09 PM
I suppose that Krang will be returned to Earth in order to take part in an anti-Triceraton resistance to protect his homeland - Burnow Island! Therefore he will become the ally of turtles and the Foot clan.

What if... Bear with me here... What if it's the Turtles who ultimately have to escape with a freshly-convicted Krang back to Earth in order to help stop the Triceraton invasion that the Neutrinos set in motion? No way #75 is enough to deal with the Maligna threat, she hasn't even had any panel time yet, so where does she stand in all this? Where would Leatherhead stand? With or against the Turtles? Would the Neutrinos try to use deadly force to stop Krang's evasion?

I mean, to hell with the Pantheon and their mustache-twirling, there's a much bigger space epic brewing right here, whichever way this whole thing goes!

Or maybe Leatherhead just eats Krang?
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/f/f9/Gulp.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130915142354
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Yx8YtPddsHI/Rz9ZATVIb1I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/IGT18frWHbE/s400/LHeatKrangUP.jpg

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 05:28 PM

Ch'rell will still have to be released one way or another, but I think it would fit the narrative better after Krang is convicted and imprisoned, with the way Ma'riell describes him. Best not to late the anger she implies go to waste.

That...sounds awesome and actually pretty realistic for the writing.

The story of my life reading this series!

Or maybe Leatherhead just eats Krang?

It seems a little anti-climactic. Especially since we've seen that Leatherhead didn't eat the Utroms he killed.

Ninjinister
09-27-2017, 06:34 PM

He was under the impression that they walked away empty-handed on Totus.

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Yeah, he thought they couldn't leave with Polly, because of the whole hive mind thing, and hadn't realized that she had been severed from it.

TomWaltz
09-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Forgot to say, loved the design for the alien judge! :tgrin:

Making his IDW debut, our friend Gorath is... but not his TMNT debut.

http://http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gorath (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gorath)

Talk soon...

Tom W.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 07:38 PM

http://http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gorath (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Gorath)

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Nice! Visually improved, too--much more imposing!

Allio
09-27-2017, 08:54 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Good lord, is there literally anyone else you could pull out that is as out of nowhere. I would love to see it.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 08:55 PM
There's plenty of other generic aliens in the backgrounds of all the cartoons or other comics they can pull from. :lol:

myconius
09-27-2017, 09:07 PM
Hakk-R thought he had killed the last one in Dimension X#5.
This was really REALLY REALLY written for trade. :tgrumble:
at first i was thinking something similar, but on my second read it i was able to appreciate it as a single issue much more.
Also, I knew badass Neutrinos couldn't be trusted. Losers. :tlol:
i'm willing to give the Neutrinos the benefit of the doubt. hhhhmmmmmmm...NAHHH!!! :lol:
Why is everyone assuming King Zenter is acting dodgy? I feel like he means that he will help the Triceratons find an uninhabited planet once all this is over, but then the Triceraton Commander is gonna be like "nah, we want EARTH" since that's where they're originally from and they probably view it as theirs by rights.
gotta be honest, that look of shame on King Zenter's face after promising the Triceratons their own planet makes me suspicious.
after reading 'The Krang War' Zenter kind of comes off as a bit of a marshmallow. i think his daughter the Princess seems to have more backbone.
I don't think Zenter even knows that the Triceratons want Earth.

I would also say that he'd be too much of a wimp to deny them Earth when they say it's the planet they want, but he did hold out for months - maybe even years - when Krang was tearing Neutrino down looking for Honeycutt.
But then again, the Triceratons will prove to be a whole new ballgame compared to what Krang did.
yeah, Zenter hasn't really shown us in the few times we've seen him that he's a very strong leader. at least not that i've seen.

Ninjinister
09-27-2017, 10:08 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

God I love when obscure characters are brought up again. You guys rock.

DestronMirage22
09-27-2017, 11:07 PM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Wow, talk about obscure!
This just reinforces the fact that you guys know your stuff and can do anything!

Also, I approve of that naming choice. :D

neatoman
09-28-2017, 03:09 AM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

That's... Huh. I did not remember that character, probably because he had no lines and like maybe 15 seconds of screentime (seriously, I checked).

Be honest, you just wanted to see Cory draw him, didn't you? Not that I'm complaining, I say bring in more of the Battle Nexus contestants, they're pretty interesting visually.

2K3
09-28-2017, 06:46 AM

Talk soon...

Tom W.

Okay WOW... just... WOW; what a choice of obscure characters!!!

myconius
09-28-2017, 07:43 AM
so will we find out more about Gorath?
how it is he became a judge?

CyberCubed
09-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Would be nice to see the Battle Nexus expanded on in the main series. The one in the annual was rushed and Eastman isn't the best in plotting out stuff. I'd love to see a proper Battle Nexus story in the main ongoing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Would be nice to see the Battle Nexus expanded on in the main series. The one in the annual was rushed and Eastman isn't the best in plotting out stuff. I'd love to see a proper Battle Nexus story in the main ongoing.

You keep saying this.

And I keep on heartily agreeing. :trazz:

myconius
09-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Would be nice to see the Battle Nexus expanded on in the main series.

You keep saying this.

And I keep on heartily agreeing. :trazz:

Battle Nexus!! Battle Nexus!!

RAH!! RAH!! RAH!!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/QW5nKIoebG8y4/giphy.gif

ChosenOne
09-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Funny how this very issue had an explicit Battle Nexus reference in the first few pages, innit...?

Panda_Kahn_fan
09-29-2017, 09:31 AM
I dunno about the battle Nexus. I mean, isn't it just a glorified tournament arc? :ohwell:

CyberCubed
09-29-2017, 11:24 AM
I dunno about the battle Nexus. I mean, isn't it just a glorified tournament arc? :ohwell:

Well, yeah? A tournament arc with some shady things going on behind the scenes like what happened in the 4kids series is what makes a good arc.

ToTheNines
09-29-2017, 11:59 AM

Agreed. Don't do it.

ProphetofGanja
09-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Agreed. Don't do it.

Yeah, I feel like a battle tournament works a lot better as a story on an animated show. The Battle Nexus we got in the 2014 Annual was enough. On to bigger and better things.

Utrommaniac
09-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I'm going to agree.

Tournament arcs are unbearable enough as they are shonnen series, leaving it as a special is fine.

ChosenOne
09-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Bring on the Battle Nexus! There are plenty of ways it could be done in an interesting fashion!

Weapons@theready
09-29-2017, 02:23 PM
No need for a Battle Nexus in the ongoing, but I do feel like the Annual was just a tease of sorts. Maybe a four issue arc in Universe would be work

myconius
09-29-2017, 03:09 PM
No need for a Battle Nexus in the ongoing, but I do feel like the Annual was just a tease of sorts. Maybe a four issue arc in Universe would be work

^ this sounds like the best idea yet!

ChosenOne
09-29-2017, 04:06 PM

I'd be okay with that. Or maybe even a silly weekly-for-a-month mini, though Bobby has said that we shouldn't expect more of those in 2018 at least.

neatoman
09-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Having grown up reading Dragon Ball as a child, as well as having a nostalgic fondness for the 4Kids show, I would not be against a Battle Nexus arc in the slightest.

Sure, tournaments are mostly just an excuse for action in filler but boy, aren't they the best kind of filler?

Utrommaniac
09-30-2017, 04:34 AM
Looking back at Zenter's poor decision making with the Triceraons, I can't help but wonder what it would mean for Trib.

Being the only child of a ruler whose actions would cause far more harm than he intends - or is oblivious to how much he may or might cause - and will only continue a cycle of political imbalance, and has a chance to redeem her family by behaving differently from her parent's actions, or make things worse by continuing them.

Which sounds...familiar...

But seriously, I would love to see Krang and Trib have a very long conversation and for Krang to point out those similarities once Zenter starts tripping over his robes. Pulling the ol' "We're not so different, you and I."

Trib, however, seems to have a little more nerve than Krang does and probably is capable of redeeming her father for the better should things go wrong. I'm tempted to peg it on having the influence of a mother that's actually around, which is something Krang doesn't have and I am not letting go of that.

ctt4lfecw
10-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Can't wait to hear Leatherhead's testimony. Should be some great dialogue!

DrSpengler
10-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #74 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/09/tmnt-idw-74.html)

Really appreciated the pacing on this issue. I've personally been dying for the courtroom drama and cross-examinations, but I can see how that might be too wordy and dry for some readers. They found a great way to balance in a lot of action without shortchanging the trial aspect.

Utrommaniac
10-09-2017, 11:42 PM
What if... Bear with me here... What if it's the Turtles who ultimately have to escape with a freshly-convicted Krang back to Earth in order to help stop the Triceraton invasion that the Neutrinos set in motion?

Oh jeez it took until now to come up with something to call this storyline/mini storyline should it happen.

The Krangshank Redemption.

Which is also an option should he escape on his own.