PDA

View Full Version : Nycc 2017 q&a

matteso586
09-23-2017, 08:03 PM
It's that time again. Time for some recommended questions for a q&a session. But this time, I'm categorizing them for 2012 series, and 2018 series (the one called Rise of the TMNT). ... Actually I don't know if both series' are going to be discussed there, or not.

* 2012 Series

** What's the story behind Karai and Shinigami's friendship?

** Who detonated the mutagen bomb? I doubt it's the Kraang, because Kraang Prime is dead.

** Was ICK's increased life span a side effect of her mutation?

** How many years does it take for Chompy's species, before they can fly?

** Any reason why you brought in Kevin Michael Richardson as 1980's Shredder instead of Jim Cummings? Other than the budget at least.

** While working on the Mutant Apocalypse arc, did you guys forget about Renet's existence, and the Turtles becoming legendary heroes?

** Was Donnie dumping his consciousness into Metalhaed Mk2 inspired by that IDW storyarc where Donnie was nearly killed by Bebop and Rocksteady? Or did he get that idea from remembering Fugitoid?

** Where did Apocalypse Leo get the idea of the name Maximus Khan?

** How will Mutagen Man react to the wasteland when he thaws?

* Rise of the TMNT

** Is this upcoming series going to be strictly standalone stories, or is it continuity driven?

** Is the Master Splinter in this series a mutated Hamato Yoshi, Hamato Yoshi's pet rat mutated, or a completely different origin?

** Will Splinter and the Turtles remain in one lair, or move to a new lair in the beginning of the series?

** Who are the voice cast for the main characters of this series?

That's all I got? What do you think?

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Most of the stuff we kind of know about or can guess, but I'm curious if we'll ever get a follow-up to the series, like a standalone movie or special years later?

I get that Nick won't want to call back to this show while the 2018 one is airing, but it would be nice if this universe was re-visited in some form in the future.

Sabacooza
09-23-2017, 08:11 PM
@ matteso It's a good start but I was under the impression it was only about the new show?

@ Cube I wouldn't mind seeing new animated shorts of the 2012 TMNT to kind of keep them in our minds.

PApagreg
09-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Does Shinigami have any romantic feelings towards Karai
Why are the O neals so special and how is April's mind the center of the universe

CyberCubed
09-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Does Shinigami have any romantic feelings towards Karai

I bet they'll say yes. It's practically confirmed anyway.

Ninjinister
09-23-2017, 10:39 PM
I just want to know if Verminator Rex survived. He screamed in pain after his motorcycle blew up, unlike the rest who just like freakin' died.

** Where did Apocalypse Leo get the idea of the name Maximus Khan?

It's Kong

victory_angel
09-24-2017, 12:05 AM
We never see Donnie and Leo's bedrooms in the series. Theoretically, we don't need to because Mikey and Raph use their rooms as places to hang out whereas with Donnie and Leo their rooms are just where they happen to sleep, and then respectively use the Lab and Dojo as their hangout spots with the rec room area as common space.

So if they could have been included in show, what would Donnie and Leo's rooms have looked like?

newhire13
09-24-2017, 12:08 AM
I would ask about the genesis of the finale. How they came up with the idea and what they were aiming for thematically. Maybe even ask them if they had other ideas on how to end the show.

AlZarkovski
09-24-2017, 02:52 AM
No TMNT in NYCC'17 programm. Sorry.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Content/Panels-And-Screenings/View-All/#

neatoman
09-24-2017, 07:18 AM

I guess it would be kind of pointless at this time.

shredder orokusaki
09-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Hamato Yoshi will be again be a mutant rat. This Hamato Yoshi also like the 2012 Hamato Yoshi killed my family and took Tang Shen. So i wil kill him again for what he did to me. This time however i will be also conquering the world with my robot army that Baxter Stockman created instead of fighting only on splinter and turtles like i did in the 2012 show. .

Sabacooza
09-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Hamato Yoshi will be again be a mutant rat. This Hamato Yoshi also like the 2012 Hamato Yoshi killed my family and took Tang Shen. So i wil kill him again for what he did to me. This time however i will be also conquering the world with my robot army that Baxter Stockman created instead of fighting only on splinter and turtles like i did in the 2012 show. .This stupidity is not appropriate. Especially when the current series ended and people are bummed about it. Can't you ever act like a normal mature human being and not be in character 24/7?

IndigoErth
09-24-2017, 03:23 PM

:( Wow. Understandable for the 2012 folks to not be there since it's ending, but not even anything via Nick that will say even a little about the next series? :ohwell: Was really hoping we'd hear a few details when this NYCC came around.

Too bad the current people aren't involved with it so they might have been there...

asfaloth12
09-24-2017, 05:22 PM
That's a shame. I understand the series is ending, but didn't Seth Green miss the most recent Comic-con? It seems a shame to not have all the turtle voices together for one last time.

matteso586
09-24-2017, 07:34 PM

WHAT! The guys involved in both the 2012 and 2018 series think they're too good to host a Turtle Panel at NYCC this year?

Autbot_Benz
09-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Hamato Yoshi will be again be a mutant rat. This Hamato Yoshi also like the 2012 Hamato Yoshi killed my family and took Tang Shen. So i wil kill him again for what he did to me. This time however i will be also conquering the world with my robot army that Baxter Stockman created instead of fighting only on splinter and turtles like i did in the 2012 show. .

Would you Shut The **** up already the 2012 series is done go away get mental health for crying out loud. How are you not banned yet?

Powder
09-24-2017, 07:45 PM
WHAT! The guys involved in both the 2012 and 2018 series think they're too good to host a Turtle Panel at NYCC this year?

Please be joking. Surely you aren't this entitled & presumptuously disrespectful.

Autbot_Benz
09-24-2017, 07:46 PM

no they are sick of not answering your stupid questions :lol:

matteso586
09-25-2017, 08:22 AM
no they are sick of not answering your stupid questions :lol:

Or sick of attendee's asking pointless questions like what Mikey's favorite topping is.

GoldMutant
09-25-2017, 07:39 PM

What is the point of a panel at this point? The Monster Arc and Crossover Arc aired via DVD/possible leakage by purchasers. The "future" arc just aired on Friday. Nicktoons is essentially the graveyard station where the cartoons die (Harvey Beaks, Tuff Puppy, Fairly Odd Parents, and now this all apply).

We're likely to hear new info at the end of the year, if not the beginning of next year. Keeps it a secret until whatever reveal is coming.

Either way, as Powder said, you can't be this self-entitled. Seriously. :roll:

Kit31
09-25-2017, 07:56 PM
I would have loved to hear the cast and crew's takes on the remaining episodes. Since the NYCC isn't too far away from now, it would've been cool to have a 'wrap-up' panel for this series. Have the fans of TMNT interact with the cast and crew one last time. Not everyone could make it to the SDCC, after all, and NYCC seems to be the second-biggest Con out there.

Just my thoughts.

IndigoErth
09-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Or at least just a general Nickelodeon panel to talk about current and upcoming things. :ohwell:

I dunno if I'd say second biggest; maybe the equally big east coast equivalent. Granted I've never been to SDCC, but when I was at NYCC there were literally no breathing room. (Which to me actually sucks and made me never venture out from behind the vendor table I was at other than to find the bathroom once and something overpriced to eat. Almost wish it was a little smaller so I'd have enjoyed it more.)

Kit31
09-25-2017, 08:12 PM
I have never been to either, but when it comes to ComicCon, those two names always come up. I have heard of the SDCC more often, though, so I assumed it was bigger.

Also, I was really disappointed that no one seemed to record the whole TMNT panel from this last SDCC. :( That's the only way I can see/hear the panel. I've done it every year this way since I couldn't go to a ComicCon, myself.

Chris
09-26-2017, 01:57 AM
In terms of panels and who goes SDCC is the bigger event but in terms of people it's pretty even these days. In fact I think NYCC might actually be bigger.