PDA

View Full Version : SaiNW vs MA vs D: BAD DAY, BAD DAY

Allio
09-25-2017, 12:57 AM
since we are doing comparisons and what not. Excusing the talk of "canon" which bad ends are your favorites?

Same as it Never Was
Mutant Apocalypse
IDW Deviations (though technically the equilvilant would have been issue four of turtles in time I suppose)

I was going to add Future Shark Trilogy, but that was more of a present setting. And mirage has many stories taking place in the future.

Powder
09-25-2017, 01:42 AM
You should've included late Mirage/Archie on a whole (we know how things end, or are set to end), IDW's Turtles In Time #4, & Fred Wolf's Carter The Enforcer (and/or Once Upon A Time Machine :tlol: but that's not grim at all).

Of the options given, I went with SAINW, otherwise it'd be Mirage.

CyberCubed
09-25-2017, 01:56 AM
There's also both Shredderville or Once Upon a Time Machine. The latter where the Turtles are all old and out of shape and basically old prunes rotting away.

2K3
09-25-2017, 06:30 AM
Awwwwwww, you left out "The Future Shark Trilogy".

That being said, I do prefer the SaiNW world; dang was it one heck of a distopian future!

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-25-2017, 06:33 AM
Shredderville.

Shredderville was just a dream.

PApagreg
09-25-2017, 11:01 AM
I prefer SAINW, while I did like MA I thought the ending was really rushed, not a lot of stuff was explained(why didn't April or Karai survive the mutagen bomb and how did humans become extinct exactly), and I felt it was a bit too optimistic. SAINW while not perfect was at least paced better, explained more about their world and status, and was actually effective in creating a bad future.

sdp
09-25-2017, 11:15 AM
SAINW is my favorite, it was well executed. In general I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic bad futures though. One of my favorite tropes in fiction.