PDA

View Full Version : So now what?

CyberCubed
09-25-2017, 05:53 PM
Now the only ongoing TMNT series currently is IDW's comics.

Mirage is still on indefinite hiatus. The Nick cartoon ended. The Nick Adventures comics from IDW have ended. The new movies bombed. All other universe are concluded for the time being, and the 80's Turtles got what might be their final crossover.

Until the new cartoon starts, I feel empty. It feels like there's nothing to discuss anymore, and since IDW comics only come out twice a month usually that means all the other weeks there's nothing to say.

What do we do now?

Utrommaniac
09-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Keep enjoying IDW. The tide's about to turn and if anyone does decide to check it out, they've got plenty to occupy them and read from to get caught up

FredWolfLeonardo
09-25-2017, 06:01 PM
What do we do now?

Dreadfully wait for the Rise of the tmnt.

Andrew NDB
09-25-2017, 06:29 PM
"Pleasedon'trisepleasedon'trisepleasedon'trise..."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-25-2017, 06:40 PM
"Pleasedon'trisepleasedon'trisepleasedon'trise..."

Deshi deshi basara basara!!!

ToTheNines
09-25-2017, 06:47 PM
This Friday (technically Thursday) is the 5 year anniversary of the Nick show. I'm gonna watch the first two episodes and then start a marathon from there. Might be fun if a bunch of us did that, now that it's all over, and had a thread dedicated to reviews/thoughts/memories.

Ninjinister
09-25-2017, 06:48 PM
TMNT Legends is still getting updates for the time being, if anybody cares. They still have Alopex, Shinigami, and Kunoichi April to release. Since they have very little season 5 material and still NONE of the space arc, they might still have quite a bit to go.

Plus there's always the chance that since they have 87/Mirage/Out of the Shadows characters and missions, they might just roll into Rise when it comes out.

IndigoErth
09-25-2017, 06:52 PM
So now what?
Dunno. :ohwell: Was hoping for news about the next one come NYCC to keep us a little occupied, but with that unlikely..?

Though it will be depressing if the next is just a replacement for Half Shell that they never bothered to do enough with.

Even more now though I wish someone else had the rights to do a more gritty, adult (and adult Turtles) series for another channel. Something really good, enough that it might even win people who never really paid attention to TMNT before. Too much to ask, yet it shouldn't be...

Damn... we almost need a 3rd film to keep the debates, etc going. lol

Cryomancer
09-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Read the manga! Play the videogames!

GoldMutant
09-25-2017, 08:04 PM
(Still struggling with videos. Argh. :ohwell:)

I'll let Ric Flair do the talking here: "Read what you want to read! Believe what you wanna believe! But go to bed!" :lol:

I guess binge watch the Nick show if you have all the episodes from the recent DVDs or do something else with the series. Whether it be reading Mirage, Archie, or IDW or something else entirely (the video games or movies) is up to you.

Allio
09-25-2017, 09:22 PM
So now what?

How about an orgy?

IndigoErth
09-25-2017, 09:28 PM
Er, yeah, I'll pass... you guys can just tell me later how that went.

mikey22
09-25-2017, 10:18 PM
wait the nick series is over? i thought a second crossover was going to happen?

they arent going to air anymore episodes from tales kf the tmnt?

CyberCubed
09-25-2017, 10:20 PM

It's all over, bro!

ABrown
09-25-2017, 10:48 PM
We've got three cartoons that all went for over 100 episodes, as well as a ton of movies, and comics to discuss. Be greatful that we're not in the same boat as Thundercats or He-Man fans.

snake
09-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Do you not remember 2009-2012?

Allio
09-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Could be worse, we could be power rangers and have a consistent flow of shows and be shallow as all hell.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Could be worse, we could be power rangers and have a consistent flow of shows and be shallow as all hell.

I can't believe rangerboard even still exists.

It's funny because Dragonball fans went over a decade without a new show to discuss, now Super gives people mental breakdowns week after week. You should see kazenshuu

Prowler
09-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Do you not remember 2009-2012?
"A world without TMNT is not a world I want to live in"? Ofc I do.

So yeah... just wait until the net cartoon series comes out. Simple, really. As a kid/teenager it was more frustrating waiting for new Turtles content but as an adult? I'll have tons of other things on my mind until then. One's life should not revolve around the Turtles.

ZariusTwo
09-26-2017, 06:46 AM
We've got three cartoons that all went for over 100 episodes, as well as a ton of movies, and comics to discuss. Be greatful that we're not in the same boat as Thundercats or He-Man fans.

Especially He-Man fans. All we get from that these days are...well...this.

-PgTjhx1VLw

newfan
09-26-2017, 06:49 AM
You must have had dry spells before but yeah it's going to go quiet till they start releasing info on the 2018, or Nick surprise me with that special or spin off I want :) (unlikely)

Anyway, the poor people on the Robocp archive have it far worse, that franchise is unreviveably (don't think that's a word) dead.

Allio
09-26-2017, 08:40 AM
I can't believe rangerboard even still exists.
u

Despite the name, ranger board discusses all things tokusatsu.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 10:45 AM
I just hope we get some trailer or info of the next series soon. Without a TMNT show on the air I lose my life force and shrivel up into an old prune. Without a TMNT show I feel like a withered flower on itís last legs.

newfan
09-26-2017, 10:50 AM
I just hope we get some trailer or info of the next series soon. Without a TMNT show on the air I lose my life force and shrivel up into an old prune. Without a TMNT show I feel like a withered flower on it’s last legs.

:lol: Well lucky they didn't just cancel and leave it for a few years. There were bigger gaps last time.

I wonder if for a change they are being respectful to this show and trying to finish it up first.

I am still to catch up on the previous shows but it's not the same.

Allio
09-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Nick just announced that Rise of TMNT is being pushed back to 2029

Www.SyberSquaredNews.com/reports/Nick-pushes-Ninja-turtles-in-spite

sdp
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
We still have some summer shorts that haven't aired! We saw them in the trailer but they never came out. Let's bug Viacom for them.

Utrommaniac
09-26-2017, 02:56 PM

This link isn't working for me and I can't find anything about it in a fresh search.

ABrown
09-26-2017, 03:01 PM

:lol: 2029. Somewhere Cybercubed just had a heart attack.

Andrew NDB
09-26-2017, 03:02 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c9/2a/d7/c92ad7a5fbd32f06b155220d01ea4801--terminator-movies-the-terminator.jpg

Ninjinister
09-26-2017, 03:09 PM
This link isn't working for me and I can't find anything about it in a fresh search.

Well duh. Look at the year and domain name.

neatoman
09-26-2017, 03:16 PM
What do we do now?

Read IDW, hope they start re-printing Mirage stories again and wait for Rise?

IndigoErth
09-26-2017, 03:23 PM

It's all over, bro!
Not it isn't... at least not for those who didn't run off and buy the DVDs and see the rest already. The rest of us still have the next bunch of eps still to come (including a crossover I believe). (Maybe we can try to remember that and not assume everyone has already seen everything and stop confusing people?)

Utrommaniac
09-26-2017, 03:30 PM
The crossover has already been released, though.

IndigoErth
09-26-2017, 03:49 PM
A second one or is there no second?

Because again, I was talking about what is still to air on tv for those that have not seen them... not the DVDs.

biganimefan
09-26-2017, 10:05 PM
What do we do now?

I know I've mentioned this at a few places in these forums, but I've started my all-universe TMNT marathon over a year before I had planned to. I'm reading Mirage Turtles right now and going by the timeline that Mark Pellegrini has set up. Already read the early stuff and I'm now reading issue #5 with the Federation/Triceratons/Fugitoid. So far...I think I'm enjoying it better than the last time I read the Mirage Turtles. Already played/beat the first of the old Game Boy games too.

Other than that...got other franchises to invest my spare time in(Doctor Who, asian historical dramas, DuckTales, Fuller House, old movies...).

Cryomancer
09-27-2017, 05:36 AM
Third Gameboy game is the good one!

biganimefan
09-27-2017, 07:09 AM
Third Gameboy game is the good one!

Oh I definitely agree, and by far the most challenging!

Vegita-San
09-27-2017, 09:17 AM

Post of the month award :).

biganimefan
09-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Post of the month award :).

Not really. If the post included something along the lines of "In the meantime, Nickelodeon has announced a partnership with Netflix to release a TMNT series(either animated or live-action) far more in line with the spirit of the original Mirage comics than any other series to date" THEN it would have been. :)

IndigoErth
09-27-2017, 11:41 AM
And sadly we don't live in that universe.

We probably live in the one that will eventually turn them into Sesame Street.

Vicky82
09-27-2017, 12:27 PM

It airing on November 12th on Nickelodeon. It had already come out on DVD a couple of weeks ago.

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 12:36 PM
And sadly we don't live in that universe.

We probably live in the one that will eventually turn them into Sesame Street.

To be fair, that was kind of the dying breath of 90's turtlemania...

If there was one thing worse than the stage show and Christmas special...it was Turtle Tunes...

It seems like the last ditch attempt at staying afloat seems to be catering to the lowest possible denominator for the youngest possible demographic.

CyberCubed
09-28-2017, 03:04 AM
There's now a combined total of 473 TMNT cartoon episodes.

193 episodes of the original cartoon, 156 episodes of the 4kids series, and 124 episodes of the Nick cartoon. Goddamn, we're nearly at 500 animated TMNT episodes total.

Powder
09-28-2017, 03:07 AM
It's one entire week's worth of non-stop TMNT viewing.

Prowler
09-28-2017, 03:30 AM

193 episodes of the original cartoon, 156 episodes of the 4kids series, and 124 episodes of the Nick cartoon. Goddamn, we're nearly at 500 animated TMNT episodes total.

If you add animated films such as the 2007 TMNT movie and Turtles Forever and also add those Nick animated shorts then the combined total will get even closer to 500. :tsmile:

It's one entire week's worth of non-stop TMNT viewing.

That would require pretty much zero sleep and doing anything besides watching TMNT cartoon episodes... you'd drop dead :tlol:

ABrown
09-28-2017, 09:43 AM

If you add animated films such as the 2007 TMNT movie and Turtles Forever and also add those Nick animated shorts then the combined total will get even closer to 500. :tsmile:

Don't forget this:

newfan
09-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Did someone say that Nick own the 2003 toon? If so, I wonder if they will air that while time is passing or they'll just wait to introduce their 2D toon.

IndigoErth
09-28-2017, 09:56 AM
I think one of their other channels has showed it a tiny bit once a while ago, didn't they? During some "Turtle takeover" bit, I think? Prob prior to one of these past two movies. Would be nice if they made use of it if they have ownership of it.

Though I'm coming to the end of another watch through of it, it would be nice to see it on tv in better quality than what I can track down online, since I wasn't watching the series when it was new.

ABrown
09-28-2017, 10:13 AM
Did someone say that Nick own the 2003 toon? If so, I wonder if they will air that while time is passing or they'll just wait to introduce their 2D toon.

I think one of their other channels has showed it a tiny bit once a while ago, didn't they? During some "Turtle takeover" bit, I think? Prob prior to one of these past two movies. Would be nice if they made use of it if they have ownership of it.

Yeah, they've marathoned the entire 4Kids series on Nick Toons at least once. I wish they'd re-release the entire series on dvd though.

pferreira
09-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Dreadfully wait for the Rise of the tmnt.Best course of action. :)

Especially He-Man fans. All we get from that these days are...well...this.Come on, that was hilarious. "Skeletor, you're so money supermarket!" "Ha, ha!" :lol:

Nick just announced that Rise of TMNT is being pushed back to 2029Is James Cameron going to direct? :lol:

193 episodes of the original cartoon, 156 episodes of the 4kids series, and 124 episodes of the Nick cartoon. Goddamn, we're nearly at 500 animated TMNT episodes total.We should ration one episode a week. That will work. ;)

Chris
09-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Well the IDW comics come out twice a month plus all the specials, technically they "air" more frequently and consistently than the Nick show ever did :tlol:

The Nick show will still be airing new episodes until November (even if they are already out on DVD) so people will still be discussing those.

The latest we should hear about the new show is Toy Fair next February. So it'll be less than 3 months between the Nick show officially ending and Toy Fair. During that time you have Christmas (real life, family time), TMNT & Ghostbusters 2, TMNT & Batman 2 plus the regular IDW comics. There will be plenty to talk about.

Plus who's to say Nick won't release a Rises preview with the finale of this show in November? Maybe unlikely but it's definitely a possibility.

ToTheNines
09-28-2017, 03:56 PM

Rise will make it 499.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Imagine how cruel it would be if Rise was cancelled after 1 season, and we never hit the 500 episode mark for years to come.

Chris
09-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Given the lead time required to make these shows I'd imagine we'll hear pretty quickly if Rises is getting a second season (2K12 got renewed very quickly after the pilot and season 3 was announced whilst season 1 was still airing). Unless it's a total disaster I imagine we'll get at least 2 seasons (with them maybe planning a replacement alongside production of a shorter season 2 if it's not that well received)

CyberCubed
09-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Nick probably has 5 year runs planned for all it's TMNT projects, unless for some reason it truly bombs. At the very least I would expect 2 seasons, which would bring it to 52 episodes which is the standard length for a lot of shows.

pferreira
09-28-2017, 07:10 PM
which would bring it to 52 episodes which is the standard length for a lot of shows.I thought 100 was the magical number for syndication in America?

FredWolfLeonardo
09-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Wasn't it 65 like the Original Cartoon? Or was that only back in the 80s/90s?

CyberCubed
09-28-2017, 07:28 PM
The number now is usually 52-65 episodes. Many of the DC cartoons ended around that number.

DestronMirage22
09-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Now we continue to read IDW while we wait for a new show/movie with actual quality (which we know weíll never really get) to come out, while wondering if IDW will ever actually collect Vol 3 in trades or publish that rumored conclusion.
Weíll continue to gripe (rightfully) about the quality of figures Playmatesí releases, and wonder if any other company will ever make better figures available in a wide market.

All the while hoping Peter regains interest enough to start publishing issues again.

At least thatís what Iíll be doing. :)

neatoman
09-29-2017, 03:29 AM
Wasn't it 65 like the Original Cartoon? Or was that only back in the 80s/90s?

It's sixty-five. The reason is that it's just enough to one episode every day of the workweek for thirteen weeks, exactly one quarter of a year. Fifty-two seems to be a more modern ideal.

biganimefan
09-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Imagine how cruel it would be if Rise was cancelled after 1 season, and we never hit the 500 episode mark for years to come.

I think at that point we can claim Turtles Forever as an episode, so we'll have our 500 there.

ABrown
09-29-2017, 09:39 AM
I think at that point we can claim Turtles Forever as an episode, so we'll have our 500 there.

Except that really it isn't. When it's broken down into episodes, parts have to be cut out to make it fit. That being the case, I've actually still never seen the movie in its entirety. I've only ever seen it on tv with the tv edits, and on dvd with the tv edits.

CyberCubed
09-29-2017, 04:00 PM
The whole movie is online uncut.

Prowler
10-04-2017, 04:52 AM
The number now is usually 52-65 episodes. Many of the DC cartoons ended around that number.

It feels like animated seres in general have been getting shorter every decade. Back in the 80s and early 90s anime and cartoons were generally longer on average. Around the mid-late 90s it seems like the anime standard of 26 episodes was born. Maybe Evangelion or Cowboy Bebop can be blamed for this?

Powder
10-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Generally speaking, it seems these kinda programs only last as long as the merch sales are strong. Toys are becoming less & less of a thing, so I guess cartoons start to run on fumes once Timmy drops his action figures for an ipad.

Prowler
10-04-2017, 05:23 AM
Generally speaking, it seems these kinda programs only last as long as the merch sales are strong. Toys are becoming less & less of a thing, so I guess cartoons start to run on fumes once Timmy drops his action figures for an ipad.
Really? that's kinda interesting and also a bit hard for me to imagine. Growing up as a kid and not owning action figures or toys? I guess video game consoles were the start of kids being given electronic devices as birthday and Christmas presents. That being said, I don't think toys will ever go away. It's the closest you can get to having a fictional character you like in your hands.

Powder
10-04-2017, 05:56 AM
It's just that kids grow out of them quicker than they used to, far as I can tell, due in part to the accessibility of internet/technology. So the demographic for those shows probably doesn't last as long as they once did, if that makes sense.

Prowler
10-04-2017, 06:04 AM
It's just that kids grow out of them quicker than they used to, far as I can tell, due in part to the accessibility of internet/technology. So the demographic for those shows probably doesn't last as long as they once did, if that makes sense.
Ah now I see what you're saying. Makes sense. Yeah, it seems like things move quicker these days and that people want more and more instant gratification. Back in 2002 you could still expect fans of your tv show to wait a full week for an episode or 3-4 months for the upcoming season. Nowadays, not os much anymore. People will just download or stream an episode online as soon as it comes out.

With all the choices people can make nowadays regarding entertainment and with how easy it is to obtain it, people end up setting priorities. They'll drop a show/game/manga/anime/wtv as quickly as they start a new one.

CyberCubed
10-04-2017, 12:31 PM
The fact that the original TMNT cartoon really did go on 10 seasons and 193 episodes is staggering when you think about it. It really was the, "Pokemon," or "Simpsons" or "Spongebob" of it's day.

I seriously can't think of any other cartoons back then that reached nearly 200 episodes and went on 10 years. I don't even think Simpsons had that many episodes yet back in 1996...

Prowler
10-04-2017, 12:36 PM
The fact that the original TMNT cartoon really did go on 10 seasons and 193 episodes is staggering when you think about it. It really was the, "Pokemon," or "Simpsons" or "Spongebob" of it's day.

I seriously can't think of any other cartoons back then that reached nearly 200 episodes and went on 10 years. I don't even think Simpsons had that many episodes yet back in 1996...
And you'd be right! The Simpsons only surpassed the FW series a couple of years after the FW series ended. I recall reading that somewhere.

Even when it comes to anime, only truly the likes of DBZ, Sailor Moon, One Piece, Pokťmon, naruto, etc. have topped the FW series. American cartoons? Well the Simpsons, South park... and I guess other adult comedies such as Futurama and Family Guy? Not a lot. And don't forget the 2k3 series also surpassed the 100 episode meter. I don't remember exactly how many it had, but I think it was 157 episodes? That's also a lot. I didn't expect the 2k3 series to last more than 2-3 seasons. I thought the 3rd season would be the very last one.

If someone made a list of the longest running animated series ever in the history of mankind, the FW series would probably crack the top 50.

pferreira
10-05-2017, 09:51 AM
The number now is usually 52-65 episodes. Many of the DC cartoons ended around that number.Why do I remember reading when Star Trek Enterprise was on that they were trying to reach 88 episodes or is that for live action?

The fact that the original TMNT cartoon really did go on 10 seasons and 193 episodes is staggering when you think about it. It really was the, "Pokemon," or "Simpsons" or "Spongebob" of it's day.Do they actually still make 65 episode syndicated cartoons to be shown daily any more?

CyberCubed
10-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Do they actually still make 65 episode syndicated cartoons to be shown daily any more?

The 2003 Teen Titans, The Batman, and Brave and the Bold all ended at 65 episodes. Beware the Batman was canceled at only 26 episodes but that's because it wasn't popular.

It seems most DC shows end around there unless they become CN parody hits like Teen Titans Go.

Ulisa
10-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Not sure what networks went by the 65 episode rule. Disney used it for a while but that seemed to phase out around 2003-2004. From what I understand, it was more to do with programming than with show popularity/not wanting a show to grow staleóWith 65 episodes, one episode can be broadcast each weekday, reaching the 65th episode at the end of the 13th week (5 x 13 = 65). Thirteen weeks is one quarter of a year. Four 65-episode shows can be broadcast in a calendar year. And even then, there were quite a few exceptions to the rule if a show proved popular

But again, thatís just speculation. I donít think there has been rigid schedules for some time but maybe some networks still use them.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-05-2017, 12:58 PM
And you'd be right! The Simpsons only surpassed the FW series a couple of years after the FW series ended. I recall reading that somewhere.

I don't know when TMNT first broke the record, but Simpsons took over in late-February 1997, just three and a half month after TMNT ended in eraly-November 1996.

CyberCubed
10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Well Simpsons only has 22 episode seasons (and the first season only had 13 episodes), which is why despite Simpsons going on for decades it took them so long to hit 200 episodes.

Simpsons now has over 600 episodes and it's on Season 29. Oddly enough 600+ episodes seems like "a little" for a show airing for nearly 30 years like Simpsons. I would have thought it'd have like 1000 eps by now...but again they only make 22 eps a year...

Prowler
10-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Well Simpsons only has 22 episode seasons (and the first season only had 13 episodes), which is why despite Simpsons going on for decades it took them so long to hit 200 episodes.

Simpsons now has over 600 episodes and it's on Season 29. Oddly enough 600+ episodes seems like "a little" for a show airing for nearly 30 years like Simpsons. I would have thought it'd have like 1000 eps by now...but again they only make 22 eps a year...
The Simpsons should have been over around the turn of the century. Or, at most, around the time their animated movie came out.

It's odd. Most people complain how the new Simpsons aren't good, yet the show keeps getting renewed? It probably still has a large loyal fanbase to keep it on air.

CyberCubed
10-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Probably because the people watching it now are obviously not the same people watching 10-20 years ago. This is the same for all shows that air across decades. New people or younger kids/teens discover a show for the first time while older fans phase out.

Prowler
10-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Probably because the people watching it now are obviously not the same people watching 10-20 years ago. This is the same for all shows that air across decades. New people or younger kids/teens discover a show for the first time while older fans phase out.
Sure, but considering how the current Simpsons don't hold a candle to classic Simpsons they can't be gaining many new fans.

newfan
10-24-2017, 04:07 AM
I have the original toon season 1&2 on order and also volume 1 of the 2k3 toon, just to get a look at them.

pferreira
10-26-2017, 10:22 AM
The 2003 Teen Titans, The Batman, and Brave and the Bold all ended at 65 episodes. Beware the Batman was canceled at only 26 episodes but that's because it wasn't popular.

It seems most DC shows end around there unless they become CN parody hits like Teen Titans Go.Apologies, what I meant was cartoon series that are screened daily that add up to 65 episodes for one season. Thundercats, He-Man, that kind of thing. I think they stopped doing that.