PDA

View Full Version : Teenaage Mutant Ninja Turtles Unleashed Trading Card Game

Krutch
09-26-2017, 01:57 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjI5/z/oxcAAOSwiDFYMSzx/$_58.JPG
Did anyone ever play this? Was it any good?

oldmanwinters
09-26-2017, 07:50 AM
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjI5/z/oxcAAOSwiDFYMSzx/$_58.JPG
Did anyone ever play this? Was it any good?

The original card artwork was incredible. It's a set worth tracking down simply for that reason alone. It's too bad specific artists were never credited for their work on each one.

I don't know anything about its relative "game" quality because I'm not into card games.

The-Shredder
09-26-2017, 08:22 PM
It's funny that you're bringing this up now, because a few days ago I found this cheesy promo that 4Kids made for the TCG. It starts 30 seconds into the video. Think Yu-Gi-Oh! meets TMNT and Shredder is Seto Kaiba. Mikey even says "It's time to duel!"

wx3CuLclEO4

Ninturtle
09-26-2017, 08:31 PM
It's funny that you're bringing this up now, because a few days ago I found this cheesy promo that 4Kids made for the TCG. It starts 30 seconds into the video. Think Yu-Gi-Oh! meets TMNT and Shredder is Seto Kaiba. Mikey even says "It's time to duel!"

wx3CuLclEO4

That's pretty cool, I love how it's not even subtle with it's advertisements.

DestronMirage22
09-26-2017, 10:49 PM
I always liked the cards, like oldmanwinters said the art was the major selling point.
Believe it or not, a dollar store a bit aways from here actually still has some of these. Albeit repackaged as 4-card packs for a dollar. I picked some up last time I went and got some good ones. Maybe I should go again...

Krutch
09-27-2017, 06:28 AM
The original card artwork was incredible. It's a set worth tracking down simply for that reason alone.I don't know anything about its relative "game" quality because I'm not into card games.Yeah I remember when it came out a lot of people on this forum were gushing over the artwork but never heard anything about the actual game itself.
That's pretty cool, I love how it's not even subtle with it's advertisements.Imagine this was the opening 5 minutes of an actual episode? People would lose their sh*t :lol:

oldmanwinters
09-27-2017, 07:35 AM

wx3CuLclEO4

I knew that was a part of some of the 4Kids dvd promos (aka "special features" lol), but I wasn't able to find it online. Thanks for the heads up!