PDA

View Full Version : Things from 2012 that will likely appear in future incarnations of TMNT

victory_angel
09-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Each incarnation of the TMNT franchise has done their own thing with the four Turtles. But each incarnation also borrows, adapts, and uses elements, characters, and situations from previous incarnations as references, easter eggs, and plot points.

What are some things introduced in TMNT 2012 that you can see being used in future incarnations?

Some of the things I can see are:

Turtles in love:

The OT had some love interests for Michelangelo, and of course MonaLisa as a love interest for Raphael, and Lotus Blossom for Leonardo. And I guess Irma for Donatello, though that's more one-sided on Irma's part.

the 2k3 version Donatello was the ladies man with short-lived but implied pseudo-love interests in April, Sydney, and Jhanna.

This is the only series that has prominently featured love interests for each of the Turtles. Which has inspired mass fan interest, debates, and discussions. But ultimately nothing comes as a result. All that we really get is some implied hints that Donnie and April may be a couple in Worlds Collide. But ultimately everything is just left for fan interpretation.

But this pandora's box has been opened, so there is likely going to be pairings between April and one of the Turtles in future incarnations. Hopefully better written and with better pay off.

Mikey being an idiot savant.

Throughout the incarnations, Mikey has been the most childish member of the group. And he is rather scatterbrained, but he has had some moments where he does imply he's smarter than his brothers realize. He even has a few moments where he outshines Donnie in the intellectual department. I liked the idiot savant angle with Mikey, such as how he would often hang out in Donnie's lab and would unconsciously pay attention to what Donnie would be doing even if he didn't completely understand it or what certain things were. Though often when he did come up with something smart, it was a deus ex machina which would be forgotten in the next episode or so.

Donnie and Leo getting into confrontations:

Donnie has often been depicted as the Turtle with the strongest loyalty towards Leo. There have been some times where Donnie would get confrontational or argumentive with Leo in previous incarnations. But normally the heated confrontations are limited to Raph and Leo. But this is the first televised incarnation where the two calmer members of the team actually have a few serious heated disagreements or (In the case of Four-fold Trap) they let their personal frustrations get the better of them and began venting at each other.

Both leaving them feeling some regret and distress about their actions. But there is otherwise very little resolution as a result.

IndigoErth
09-26-2017, 03:50 PM
The eye colors maybe. Either way Leo will be blue eyed to me from now on. :D

neatoman
09-26-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm gonna guess... Not that much to start with? We got Pete in IDW but I don't really see most of the Nick characters being used for a while. Maybe when the kids who grew up with the show are part of making new material, let's say we'll see the big influences pop in around 2032?

As for what might have the potential to stick right now? Possibly the differentiating character designs for the turtles, maybe some of the new takes on the older characters that weren't too far from the original.

The eye colors maybe. Either way Leo will be blue eyed to me from now on. :D

You know what, **** that. I say let the blank eyes return.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 04:01 PM
Tiger Claw will almost definitely show up in another TMNT universe at some point.

neatoman
09-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Tiger Claw will almost definitely show up in another TMNT universe at some point.

Uh, yeah, sure... Personally I think he's a little too much "this show" if you get what I mean.

newfan
09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
The eye colors maybe. Either way Leo will be blue eyed to me from now on.

I like the eye colour also.

I thought they wanted to make this one quite different, maybe they will start out with just the turltes and new characters but I wonder if the further it goes the more they will bring in some known characters....you know, save some to keep interest or see what the fans demand.

TigerClaw
09-26-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm sure TigerClaw will show up, he made such an impact on the 2012 series.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 04:15 PM
There aren't any other mutant tigers in TMNT history, just that Katamundo spirit guy in Archie and he's not a mutant and as obscure as they come.

Tiger Claw was basically the, "Hun" of this series, and Hun has returned in future incarnations.

IndigoErth
09-26-2017, 04:18 PM
You know what, **** that. I say let the blank eyes return.
Well screw that too, I don't mind actual eye colors. Phht.

That said though, I'd prefer a-little-too-smiley version of Leo stays with 2012. I miss the more serious, stoic-like portrayal and feel that Nick has maybe given the wrong impression to newbies that don't know him from elsewhere... Not that the guy can't ever smile, laugh, and joke around (and not that 2012 Leo isn't ever serious), but it's all the sweeter and more genuine when it happens if he's his more typical serious self the rest of the time. The wide eyed fanboy Leo thing is cute, but it gets old, I admit. And that isn't what I want him to become in the franchise. I want more 2003-ish persona again.

There really isn't all that much I particularly hope to see carry over other than small details maybe. Most 'new' things is pretty negligible. I kinda want the two toes back; April as an Adult again...

This younger seeming Splinter would be fine and I don't really mind Karai being his daughter...I could see that maybe coming around again. Their Sparrow friend as mentioned in another thread, maybe as an actual (but un-involved) friend. I'm okay with an alien Mona Lisa, though a return of a former-human would be fine. Wouldn't mind seeing the Meerkat girl again actually. A similar lair perhaps.

Romances... eh... If again only vague. I don't mind them being into women, human and otherwise, but Donnie has been a bit overboard. Prefer left as a cute hidden crush. (Or not so perfectly hidden if the crushee kind of picks up on it, but still kept vague.)

ToTheNines
09-26-2017, 05:03 PM
There aren't any other mutant tigers in TMNT history, just that Katamundo spirit guy in Archie and he's not a mutant and as obscure as they come.

Tiger Claw was basically the, "Hun" of this series, and Hun has returned in future incarnations.

He was no where near as interesting or compelling.

PApagreg
09-26-2017, 06:07 PM

No, no no no no no no no. Hun actually had a well written character arc and turned a street gang into well trained soldier. Tigerclaw is basically a fan fiction character with Boba Fett gear and a horrible executed origin episode with a well received IDW character.

I say Xever should appear in future incarnations of TMNT, a series where martial arts and street gangs are a strong focus could benefit from a Brazilian caporia fighter vagrant.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-26-2017, 06:40 PM
I believe the main thing many future incarnations will probably be taking from this series is making the Turtles, April and Casey more like Teenagers.

plastroncafe
09-26-2017, 06:49 PM
I kind of hope younger/active/badass Splinter is something that sticks around.

IndigoErth
09-26-2017, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't mind if Tiger Claw turns up again, but maybe with a bit more depth, writing, flaws, and less Mary Sueism.

Personally, I want my grown-seeming Turtles back. The more teenage-ery seeming 2012 has been fun and was refreshing for a while, but I want them back to the way they usually were before... Kind of 'Teenage' in name only. (Or be brave and drop that part of the title.)

ABrown
09-26-2017, 07:20 PM
The world needs more Shinigami. She's easily the best thing to come out of this series.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f409b92dacf9b1c145887c53ee8cae51/tumblr_obzaib5CUx1uw72z1o1_500.gif

Tarris Vaal
09-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I think the differentiated turtle designs will stick around - and particularly a focus on making them look like teenagers. Regards eye colour, I think we will see the trick of having their eyes go blank when things are serious will return.

I dont know if Casey/April would be teenagers again, but I think that the door has been opened now and we might get some mix and match there (so adult Casey and young April for example).

I also think the Splinter/Shredder/Karai dynamic will stick. It worked extremely well overall I think and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

I would like to see Xever and Bradford in future incarnations though I'm not convinced we'll see them much unless IDW picks them up at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shellraiser reappear at some point, and I would be very surprised if Metalhead ever returns to his roots as being an originally pseudo villainous character.

I also think that we are likely to see a more 'in his prime' Splinter appear again, rather than returning to the elderly master trope.

I'd like to see Shinigami explored a little more, same with Tigerclaw, but they do understand when people say that they are 'Nick' characters. Again, I think if they ever appear again, it would be because IDW did an equivalent first.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 08:07 PM
The world needs more Shinigami. She's easily the best thing to come out of this series.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f409b92dacf9b1c145887c53ee8cae51/tumblr_obzaib5CUx1uw72z1o1_500.gif

I really hope IDW introduces her at some point and she and Karai become a lesbian couple. Comics have no restrictions like a kids show so we could theoretically see Karai and Shinigami kissing and being a couple. What a time to be alive that will be.

TigerClaw
09-26-2017, 08:24 PM
I really hope IDW introduces her at some point and she and Karai become a lesbian couple. Comics have no restrictions like a kids show so we could theoretically see Karai and Shinigami kissing and being a couple. What a time to be alive that will be.
I would love to see TigerClaw appear in the IDW comic, imagine Old Hob and TigerClaw confronting each other.

Powder
09-26-2017, 10:14 PM
It's a good thing you two have no influence outside of this forum.

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Shinigami is the perfect partner for Karai. I never realized how much I liked the idea of Karai with a woman till Shinigami was created. God bless Ciro.

sdp
09-26-2017, 11:40 PM
I really liked the Dogpound / Fishface duo before they broke them up and made Dogpound Razzar. Hope they make it in future incarnations.

I'd love to see TigerClaw and that lizard mutant come back but I'm sure those are easy picks.

I hope to god we don't see Spyderbites come back.

I never liked Ice Cream Kitty but he was popular so I'm guessing he has a chance.

Utrommaniac
09-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Ice Cream Kitty is a girl, though :P

CyberCubed
09-26-2017, 11:55 PM
The Turtles seem to get a different pet in each series, IDW has Raph with that pet dino. Nick had Ice Cream Kitty. Mirage and 4kids had Klunk a normal cat.

Allio
09-27-2017, 12:03 AM
at best I see it more of a one sided relationship. Kind of like Raven and Maddie from one of the other series I read.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 12:29 AM
at best I see it more of a one sided relationship. Kind of like Raven and Maddie from one of the other series I read.

You're an anime fan with a yuri avatar, if you're referring to Karai/Shinigami you know good and well if this were an anime they would be all over each other.

IndigoErth
09-27-2017, 12:32 AM
No one can just be friends anymore, can they.

Allio
09-27-2017, 12:37 AM
You're an anime fan with a yuri avatar, if you're referring to Karai/Shinigami you know good and well if this were an anime they would be all over each other.

"If this were an anime" has nothing to really do with anything, and my avatar has nothing to do with my character observation. At best Shinigami has fasination with Karai, would literally do anything for her (if Karai said "strip now" she of course would do it without a second thought, if Karai said "kill yourself" she would slit her throat right then and there) But karai has no interest in any for of romantic relationship and more than likely Shinirai will never happen. Their relationship will more than likely never more from that of Shinigami watching from a distance, watching and waiting for her next order.

Chris
09-27-2017, 12:17 PM
I can definitely see the eye colours staying along with the switching to white eyes for the action scenes. Same for the unique body shapes. Both had been done before (to a lesser extent) and I can't see any reason why they'd go back to the guys all looking identical.

Younger/more active Splinter I can see them using again (maybe not in 2K18, they might want to go older, making him a wise old mystic)

The Splinter/Shredder/Karai dynamic will definitely be used again, it worked really well.

Characters like Tiger Claw, Dogpound, Fishface may pop up again, probably not in as major roles but definitely guest appearances.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 01:24 PM
The Nick cartoon started off introducing a lot of new characters like Snakeweed, Spiderbitez, Chris Bradford, Xever/Fishface...however as it went on they stopped doing that and just kept bring back old characters from past series with new twists.

Then it seemed like they started scanning their eyes through the old Playmates toy catalog and started bring back each popular old mutant one after the other. If you look at almost all the characters introduced from Season 2 onward, the vast majority of them are old characters just redesigned/updated.

They also used pretty much all the important Mirage characters, the only ones they really left out was Nobody and the Justice Force (which some are happy about), and they brought in Bishop and Hun from 4kids. From Archie we got Armaggon and the Mutanimals intepertations of the characters. We even got Tatsu from the movies.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 03:46 PM
The Nick cartoon started off introducing a lot of new characters like Snakeweed, Spiderbitez, Chris Bradford, Xever/Fishface...however as it went on they stopped doing that and just kept bring back old characters from past series with new twists.

Then it seemed like they started scanning their eyes through the old Playmates toy catalog and started bring back each popular old mutant one after the other. If you look at almost all the characters introduced from Season 2 onward, the vast majority of them are old characters just redesigned/updated.

They also used pretty much all the important Mirage characters, the only ones they really left out was Nobody and the Justice Force (which some are happy about), and they brought in Bishop and Hun from 4kids. From Archie we got Armaggon and the Mutanimals intepertations of the characters. We even got Tatsu from the movies.
I dont fee like they are old characters to me, They feel like new characters, but with an old character name slapped onto them, in name only.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 04:08 PM
Only for a few, the vast majority of them are old characters with new designs and some changes, which everyone would expect. No TMNT character is exactly the same between any series.

In the original cartoon Mutagen Man was a mail delivery boy who could shapeshift. In Nick, Mutagen Man was Timmy. In IDW, Mutagen Man is not human at all, just a combination of different mutants put together by Null's company.

Characters are always different between series.

ChosenOne
09-27-2017, 04:35 PM
I really enjoyed Chris Bradford's introduction in this cartoon, probably one of my favorite episodes of all five seasons. He has the potential to be a great character in any future adaptations that take more of a slow burn approach to Shredder's eventual introduction and need a good villain in the meantime.

Plus, his relationship with Mikey was pure gold! I wish the show would've explored it further even post-mutation. They do say to never meet your idols...

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 06:52 PM
The interactions between the Turtles themselves were good for (most) of the show, and I wonder if we'll ever have stuff like this again. Leonardo being more down to earth and being more of a geeky leader who likes Space Heroes, Don being filled with anxiety and being outspoken, Raph's personality in Nick in general was a perfect mix of anger/sarcasm. Mikey was too dumb at times as the show progressed, but when he had his moments it was good.

It also was really the first series where the Turtles actually felt like teenagers. Every other series and comics makes the Turtles seem like they're 20 year olds or something, this show was the first one that accurately portrayed them as being around 15.

2K3
09-27-2017, 07:03 PM
It's nice to see Pigeon Pete is being used in IDW; though I'd like to see Dr. Rockwell, Shinigami, Tiger Claw, Newtralizer and the Fungus Humongous appear in future TMNT.

CyberCubed
10-03-2017, 08:32 PM
I wonder if we'll continue to see evil Utrom (or Kraang) in future incarnations. Besides using Krang himself, it does seem like the cartoons would make better use of the Utroms or some of them being evil rather than them all being a benevolent race. I don't know if they'll continue to use the name, "The Kraang" but having evil Utroms will probably continue.

Utrommaniac
10-03-2017, 09:07 PM
That's my hope at the very least. Even the Mirage Utroms started to drop the "all good & benevolent" veil, with the Illuminated and the "we were going to clean up the radioactive junk we dumped in the middle of a jungle, we swear!" act.

Metalwolf
10-05-2017, 05:58 PM
I probably see Tigerclaw coming back, I think he will be the bounty hunter that either hunts the Turtles for another organisation (maybe by one of Shredder's rivals) or as a private hire by Shredder when he needs more bodies.

Xever might come back, but I can't see him working for Shredder again. Probably would end up as part of a gang that get's mutated, like possibly the same one Bebop/Rocksteady gang are from.

Chris Bradford probably will, but I see him as for the initial character set up for the eventual return of Rahzar. I think Rahzar's more skeletal form will definitely return, because it is horrific enough from the standard 'normal' animal mutations that it will probably represent an escalation of mutation, likely as what a second mutation will do to your body.

I think Karai will probably be Splinter's (or somebody's) daughter again. Alternately, there is a possibility that it could be reversed, that there is initial idea of her being Splinter's daughter, only it turns out she's Shredder's.

I really hope we don't have a return of psychic/Kraang Hybrid April. They don't seem to be able to write strong female characters without turning them into love interests or giving them ridiculous over the top powers. I hope they make her more 'normal' next time, like either have her just be an outsider looking in (like OT April) or somebody that isn't necessarily a ninja, but has her own fighting style.

Another thing I hope doesn't return is the dismal ending. Having a dismal ending makes all of their prior struggles feel pointless, why get excited if the world will end up nothing but a craphole anyway?

CyberCubed
10-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Yeah, it seemed like this show salvaged Rahzar from relative obscurity of a movie character and his grand total of 1 original cartoon appearance and the videogames to be more of a central character. A wolf mutant in general is always cool and something you can do things with.

victory_angel
10-06-2017, 02:36 AM
I really hope we don't have a return of psychic/Kraang Hybrid April. They don't seem to be able to write strong female characters without turning them into love interests or giving them ridiculous over the top powers. I hope they make her more 'normal' next time, like either have her just be an outsider looking in (like OT April) or somebody that isn't necessarily a ninja, but has her own fighting style.

I didn't mind April's powers so much. But yeah I thought her being a psychic human/kraang hybrid was rather forced. Heck, the Kraang even forget about why they wanted her so badly.

In season one of this particular incarnation, they seem to go with the living weapon angle, but then when the Kraang has her they appear to use her more as a living battery not a living weapon. And then in season 2 it's revealed they created her because her DNA is able to stabilize the mutagen.

And then following that they don't care about her or her connections to them anymore.

If it could be written again, just have her have a strong intuition or maybe psychic powers and if she must be tied to the kraang by that. Say she's actually a neutrino who was sent to earth for her protection from Kraang... or heck, have Kirby and April's assumed mother forced to work for the Kraang to create a human who is intended to serve the Kraang as a living weapon. And then have them defect when they find the first opportunity, take April with them and raise her as their own and have her believe she is a normal human girl.

Or maybe include a storyline where she had a distant relative who was one of the people who was a guardian (the people who knew about and protected the Utroms)

Metalwolf
10-06-2017, 06:29 AM
I didn't mind April's powers so much. But yeah I thought her being a psychic human/kraang hybrid was rather forced. Heck, the Kraang even forget about why they wanted her so badly.

In season one of this particular incarnation, they seem to go with the living weapon angle, but then when the Kraang has her they appear to use her more as a living battery not a living weapon. And then in season 2 it's revealed they created her because her DNA is able to stabilize the mutagen.

And then following that they don't care about her or her connections to them anymore.

If it could be written again, just have her have a strong intuition or maybe psychic powers and she must be tied to the kraang by that. Say she's actually a neutrino who was sent to earth for her protection from Kraang... or heck, have Kirby and April's assumed mother forced to work for the Kraang to create a human who is intended to serve the Kraang as a living weapon. And then have them defect when they find the first opportunity, take April with them and raise her as their own and have her believe she is a normal human girl.

Or maybe include a storyline where she had a distant relative who was one of the people who was a guardian (the people who knew about and protected the Utroms)I think what it was for me was not so much she had powers, but that they kept escalating them to the point she was starting to feel like a Mary Sue. First was the intuition, which was fine. Maybe that would help when she was in trouble or the Turtles encountered a strange new mutant. Then it started becoming being able to use psychic blasts. Then mindlinking. Then telekinesis. Then someone saying 'She's only just barely scratched the surface of what she can do.' It kept going and going, if I can recall correctly, to where it was said 'The center of the universe is April's mind' or something like that. They took a nifty concept and blew it to smithereens, to the point I thought she would end up vastly outpowering all four Turtles themselves. I wouldn't have minded intuition or even some telepathy ( fitting with what the Kraang can do.) But they just kept tacking on more and more abilities, and I just thought, 'I'm done.'

victory_angel
10-06-2017, 11:25 AM
I think what it was for me was not so much she had powers, but that they kept escalating them to the point she was starting to feel like a Mary Sue. First was the intuition, which was fine. Maybe that would help when she was in trouble or the Turtles encountered a strange new mutant. Then it started becoming being able to use psychic blasts. Then mindlinking. Then telekinesis. Then someone saying 'She's only just barely scratched the surface of what she can do.' It kept going and going, if I can recall correctly, to where it was said 'The center of the universe is April's mind' or something like that. They took a nifty concept and blew it to smithereens, to the point I thought she would end up vastly outpowering all four Turtles themselves. I wouldn't have minded intuition or even some telepathy ( fitting with what the Kraang can do.) But they just kept tacking on more and more abilities, and I just thought, 'I'm done.'

And yet a Mary Sue is someone who is -Perfect and overpowered to the point they are no longer challenged by the narrative.- And they have plenty of moments where she is still being challenged by whats going on around her. Some of the OPness was caused by the boost she was getting from Za-Noran. Every time April used the crystal it imbued her with more and more of Za-Noran's essence to the point where she is practically psychotic whenever she is separated from the crystal because that is Za-Noran's connection to April. And when Za-Noran had taken possession of April's body and mind, April herself had a hard time fighting her off until Raph told her to 'Remember Donnie.' And that gave her the willpower to stop the Aeon.

With Kavaxas she isn't able to use her powers against him at all because he is from another plane of reality.

Also when Splinter did say April was the only one who was perfection he was saying that she was the only one who was able to hone her intuition.

Leonardo and Michelangelo have been the only ones to achieve Spiritual Prowess and have the strongest ability to sharpen their intuition but trust too much on foresight. While Donnie and Raphael are more limited in that regard because Donnie focuses on what he sees as rational, while Raph is blinded by his anger.

CyberCubed
10-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Fun fact: April being trained to be a ninja/fighter started in the Archie comics first. In Mirage April actually never fights at all, all the way till early Volume 4 and it's only very briefly.

Since in the original cartoon she was always the reporter, we didn't get fighter April until Archie where she trained with a katana. The 2k3 series had April as both a fighter and tech person, but dropped the fighting aspect of her when it progressed. Nick made April into a human/Kraang hybrid experiment so she developed psychic powers.

I guess it's hard to keep April "normal" nowadays because she would just wind up a damsel in distress and that doesn't fly anymore in the modern world.

Penst0ck
10-06-2017, 03:16 PM

A freacking ninja witch! Her whole look and concept is amazing, one of the gems this incarnation brought to the franchise. Hope to see more of her.

CyberCubed
10-06-2017, 03:22 PM
A freacking ninja witch! Her whole look and concept is amazing, one of the gems this incarnation brought to the franchise. Hope to see more of her.

Yes...Shinigami was love at first sight.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/bcff/f/2016/217/2/2/tmnt_shinigami_by_ayamchan-dacp9xz.jpg

Great design and a love interest for Karai to boot, what more could you possibly ask for?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Katamundo spirit guy in Archie and he's not a mutant and as obscure as they come.

He was a physical creature, not a spirit.

AnarkyLantern
10-15-2017, 09:39 AM
The consensus from the panelists yesterday was that Tiger Claw would be most likely of the new characters to appear in future media. There were even jokes about a Bayverse version:

Ashwolf
10-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes...Shinigami was love at first sight.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/bcff/f/2016/217/2/2/tmnt_shinigami_by_ayamchan-dacp9xz.jpg

Great design and a love interest for Karai to boot, what more could you possibly ask for?

would u stop with the shini and karai love ship already! XP

1. the thought is nasty enough as it is!!!
2. karai is not a lesbian!

PApagreg
10-15-2017, 11:53 AM
would u stop with the shini and karai love ship already! XP

1.Why
2. She could be bisexual.

TurtleTitan97
10-15-2017, 12:26 PM
2. She could be bisexual.

Except she isn't. There's zero evidence that she had a thing for Shini on the show. Cubed's just acting weird as usual.

Sumac
10-15-2017, 06:17 PM
What is nasty about it?

As for topic at hand:
- "apriltello";
- teen April;
- Karai being Splinter's daughter;
- Kraang;
- Tiger Claw;

Ashwolf
10-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Personally, I don't care for lesbian/bi/gay stuff. And before anyone decides to go off on me for it, yes I do have gay friends.

Anyway, enough on the topic stray.

Sumac
10-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Personally, I don't care for lesbian/bi/gay stuff. And before anyone decides to go off on me for it, yes I do have gay friends.
Sounds like "I am not racist, my best fried is black!!":roll:

But whatever.

CyberCubed
10-17-2017, 08:31 PM
I'd like to see Snakeweed again in a new series. There's a sense of nostalgia to him because he was the very first new mutant the Nick cartoon created, and he's in the very first episode. There's also not any other recurring plant mutants in any of the other series, so he was a nice new concept.

Unless I'm forgetting something I think the last time we saw him in the Nick series was the episode The Creep returned in Season 3 and merged with him, and they all blew up. He was also in the Nick Batman crossover IDW put out, where Poison Ivy controlled him and made him huge.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Threads like this remind me why I don't talk about being a Ninja Turtles fan to other people.

PApagreg
10-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Threads like this remind me why I don't talk about being a Ninja Turtles fan to other people.

I doubt most people know about the more risque side of the TMNT fandom.

Sumac
10-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Because of dirty thoughts about your precious muscular acrobatic fit ninja turtles? :tlol:

CyberCubed
10-21-2017, 01:36 PM
What are the chance of Ice Cream Kitty making a triumphant comeback in a future TMNT cartoon?

Papenbrook
10-22-2017, 07:22 PM
It would be hilarious if 2k12 TMNT were semi-abandoned like 2k3 TMNT was. :lol:

CyberCubed
10-22-2017, 07:28 PM
2k3 was never abandoned! The 2012 show shall never be abandoned either!
:tlol:

Coola Yagami
10-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Probably the turtles and april looking this young again.

CyberCubed
10-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Teenage April worked a lot better than I imagined it would. It does seem odd to me now that April would be so much older than the Turtles.

Even IDW made April into a Freshmen College student, she was only 18 when the series first started.

Garfield
10-24-2017, 01:55 AM
I have a feeling that we will see Tiger Claw TMNT things going forward. He feels like Nick TMNT's magnum opus to me.

I can also see the skinnier, cutesier, anime esq style that Nick's was like sticking around a while. Isn't that how they are in the current comics? But I think it has more to do with the fact that that style is more popular these days. That's why I think Nick went that way in the first place.

CyberCubed
10-24-2017, 02:18 AM
It seems like every TMNT series creates breakout characters that become staples of the lore going forward for future series:

Original cartoon: Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady of course. To a lesser extent the concept of Dimension X, Splinter as Hamato Yoshi, Baxter as a fly, etc.

2k3 series: Hun and Bishop as the two breakout new characters. Popularized Karai as Shredder's adoptive daughter. Made the Triceratons, Fugitoid and Renet mainstream as previously they were mostly Mirage characters.

Archie comics: Created the concept of the Mutanimals as a team, Armaggon, made Slash into an anti-hero, Null, was the first overly mutant-centric series

Original Movie trilogy: Rahzar and Tokka. Created Super Shredder which made its way to the videogames and Nick show. To a lesser extent Tatsu.

Nick cartoon: Tiger Claw and Fishface were definitely the two biggest new characters. As well as Chris Bradford's Rahzar. To a lesser extent the Kraang as a banded evil Utroms.

IDW comics: Old Hob and the Pantheon. I wonder if we'll see them in any cartoons going forward.

Every TMNT incarnation has it's new breakout characters that then become part of the lore and series going forward for future incarnations. It's kind of interesting this continues to happen.