PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR level of enthusiasm for the upcoming show?

biganimefan
09-27-2017, 08:43 PM
So, I am curious what everyone thinks of the potential for the series next year. Are you hyped about it? Are you cautiously optimistic? Do you think you'd be able to allow your children to watch it? Or should it just burn in the fires of hell? :)

For me, I am VERY cautiously optimistic! I do want to see it and am excited for it, but with it being a "younger, lighter feel" in today's market, it can easily turn out to be a Teen TItans Go clone or worse. And yeah, I'd probably allow my children to watch it when the time comes to officially get them into the franchise.

FredWolfLeonardo
09-27-2017, 08:53 PM
I am excited but not till the extent where I will be dissapointed if I don't like it.

Krutch
09-27-2017, 08:55 PM
I am excited but not till the extent where I will be dissapointed if I don't like it.Ditto :tcool:

Kit31
09-27-2017, 09:03 PM
For me, I am VERY cautiously optimistic! I do want to see it and am excited for it, but with it being a "younger, lighter feel" in today's market, it can easily turn out to be a Teen TItans Go clone or worse. And yeah, I'd probably allow my children to watch it when the time comes to officially get them into the franchise.

^ This! Hope it's good, but I'm wary due to the ridiculousness of a lot of kids shows these days.

ToTheNines
09-27-2017, 09:08 PM
I'm currently so sad about 2012 ending and so salty about the way the air dates have been handled by Nick that I can't form a real opinion about it other than general disgust.

But with Suriano on it, I'm sure it'll be entertaining.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-27-2017, 09:09 PM
I wasn't even interested in the 2012 Nick cartoon. :tlol:

Yeah, I might buy some of the toys for my kids or let them watch it, but that's it.

CyberCubed
09-27-2017, 09:09 PM
It's way too early to tell. Why don't you wait till the first trailer is released?

As of now I'm always interested in any new TMNT series. But there's no way of knowing what it'll be like.

Andrew NDB
09-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Zero interest. If they're going even younger with it as they have promised, I doubt my daughter would even be interested in it so it really won't be on my radar at all.

IndigoErth
09-27-2017, 09:23 PM
None of those, really. Just mildly curious, until we get further info. From what little we've heard, not exactly optimistic.

I hope it turns out decent and not as 'wtf' as the initial limited info makes it sound like. If it lasts a while, well, this will after all probably be my nephew's intro to TMNT, so I'd prefer it make a good impression and does TMNT justice. If not, well... I might be breaking out the FW (when he's older, he's only pushing 16 months) until he's old enough for Nick 2012.

If they're going even younger with it as they have promised
That makes me so sad if they do... :ohwell:

Autbot_Benz
09-27-2017, 09:26 PM
The Way Nick Treated the 2012 series around Series 5 putting half of it on DVD and pushing the Show to Nicktoons not to mention those stupid 5 month breaks. Nick can suck it for all I care. So no I am not that excited

Kit31
09-27-2017, 09:29 PM
The Way Nick Treated the 2012 series around Series 5 putting half of it on DVD and pushing the Show to Nicktoons not to mention those stupid 5 month breaks. Nick can suck it for all I care. So no I am not that excited

Yes, that bugged the hell out of me, too. I'm hoping Nick paid attention and will learn from their mistakes and Not. Do. This. Again. TMNT is way different than any other show they have had. They have LOTS of 30-something year-old fans that no other show they have had prior has had. They can't treat it like they do their other shows.

Powder
09-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Cautiously optimistic, I guess. I was very excited at first (to see Suriano head the next show was actually my wish!) but then came concerns with the whole "aimed at a younger audience" thing, & the rumors which suggest that the designs are influenced by the Platinum Dunes films.

Right now, I'm looking forward to it, & very eager to get a glimpse. No relation to my feelings about the 2012 series, which I love & am of course sad to see go.

Utrommaniac
09-27-2017, 10:55 PM
I'll decide when it comes to that time.

Like Teen Titans Go? Burn it.

Like Ducktales 2017? Optimistic enough. I think I'd even like seeing an FW-based TMNT being handled like Ducktales 2017. Keeping some of the levity while kicking up some level of seriousness and even tragedy.

TigerClaw
09-27-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm curious to see the direction they will take it, the more TMNT the better.

Allio
09-27-2017, 11:22 PM
please for the love of god let this be good/10

If they're going even younger with it as they have promised.

Sometimes I do wonder what this means, like the one series I've know that is aimed at a younger audience has things like decapitation and bestiality.

plastroncafe
09-27-2017, 11:24 PM
I wasn't expecting to enjoy The '02 show as much as I did, so I'm curious what the new one will bring.

I think knowing the voice cast and seeing the character designs will be a good litmus test.

DestronMirage22
09-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Not at all interested.
I never liked the 2012 series, and Iíve got a feeling this next one wonít be any better.
Iíll only watch the 1st episode or whatever to see how bad it is, then Iíll ignore it.

newfan
09-28-2017, 12:40 AM
I'm currently so sad about 2012 ending and so salty about the way the air dates have been handled by Nick that I can't form a real opinion about it other than general disgust.

Yeah some of the above.
Curious to see what they do but I don't expect to like it that much given what we know.

victory_angel
09-28-2017, 03:09 AM
I admit I am apprehensive about the New Incarnation. I'm not really a fan of teen titans go, because their brand of humor is moronic and it spits on everything that made the original Teen Titans good.

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, however. Because it's Ninja Turtles and we really don't know much about the new show other than what was pitched and that Suriano is involved, and we know Rob Paulsen will not be reprising his role as Donatello in the new series.

I do hope that at worst it would be more like Half-shelled Heroes which wasn't the greatest incarnation of TMNT, but it was watchable. Particularly when compared to the TMNT Team Up shorts which felt more like a TMNT as a teen titans go mentality.

neatoman
09-28-2017, 04:15 AM
I mean... We honestly don't know anything aside from the name and the magic powers thing (which has been vaguely described), I don't know what to expect. I'd rather just wait until we have someting concrete to form an opinion on.

Chris
09-28-2017, 05:04 AM
Voted cautious optimism.

Right now it's on my radar but we know so little it's hard to form an opinion either way. I expect by toy fair next February we'll learn more as that's where the new merchandise will debut.

Sumac
09-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Not much really.

I didn't like 2012 series, and since new one supposedly will be even more "kiddy" I am pretty sure I won't like it as well. Not necessarily, because it will be bad, just because it won't be "my" thing.

Zog The Magnificent
10-02-2017, 10:15 PM
It could be some good, lighthearted fun, like the '87 series, or it could be like Teen Titans Go. I hope it's the former, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Coola Yagami
10-02-2017, 11:21 PM
Come back to me once we see some designs.

shredder orokusaki
10-03-2017, 12:55 AM
just be patient until october 27-29 that comiccon happen where you will see me figthing splinter again!!!

Powder
10-03-2017, 01:13 AM
NYCC is in just a few days & won't be having a TMNT panel. God, at least get a little something right.

Candy Kappa
10-03-2017, 05:58 AM
My enthusiasm is a bit lowered but other than that, I wouldn't mind a small cutesy show so I'm still hopeful.

Shark_Blade
10-03-2017, 06:01 AM
If it's like teen titans go or reboot powerpuff girls, then pass.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-03-2017, 06:05 AM
Tmnt is my favourite as an animated cartoon and I love all three animated series done to this day, so I am very curious on whether this show will be able to hold its own against the three giants of the franchise.

Shiro Kame
10-03-2017, 01:53 PM
I barely even care. There were too many goof-ups at the end of TMNT 2012 for me to look forward to this reboot. If I saw some footage or art, maybe. But with them creating a lot of those Bread-Winners-styled shorts, I am not at all optimistic about this new toon.

Kit31
10-03-2017, 05:40 PM
But with them creating a lot of those Bread-Winners-styled shorts, I am not at all optimistic about this new toon.

Yeah, that's a concern for me, too. Those were fairly entertaining, but that style bugs the hell out of me long-term.

CyberCubed
10-03-2017, 07:29 PM
The show is not going to be in that style at all. It's going to still be a regular action series.

Vegita-San
10-03-2017, 07:38 PM
at this point? meh.

I just hope it's not tmnt muppet babies...

Papenbrook
10-03-2017, 08:08 PM
I hope that it doesn't have too many Fred Wolf homages.

Powder
10-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I hope that it doesn't have too many Fred Wolf homages.

You & me both, but it's probably a given. :tconfuse:

AnarkyLantern
10-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Iíll give it a shot. At a certain point, one has to recognize when theyíre not the target audience but have you seen the backgrounds on Titans Go? Theyíre full of Easter eggs.

Splinter the boss
10-16-2017, 10:45 AM
No interest at all. Not watching it. That thing is for children.

Shiro Kame
10-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Iíll give it a shot. At a certain point, one has to recognize when theyíre not the target audience but have you seen the backgrounds on Titans Go? Theyíre full of Easter eggs.

Which makes you wonder why they attack older audiences for enjoying cartoons like in "Return of Slade".

PizzaPower1985
10-16-2017, 01:13 PM
It's a wasted opportunity given that last I heard they were (yet again) ramping up the kid friendly humor. There are IDW comics that this show could adapt, draw from and yet they are choosing to once again pander to the lowest common denominator.

Give me serious turtles with a tone like Bruce Timm's Justice League or even the 2K3 show. I would prefer a tone... something akin to Marvel/DC Comics of the 1980s. You want jokes? Use Mikey. Let the rest take itself as it should. WITH ABSOLUTE SERIOUSNESS. I want DEPTH DAMMIT!

Powder
10-16-2017, 06:38 PM
No interest at all. Not watching it. That thing is for children.

To be this stubbornly closed minded without having even seen the designs is pretty wack, yo.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-16-2017, 06:46 PM
I want to get some hint of what we're getting, before condemning or praising. I'm sorry, but getting upset because the turtles might have mystical ninja powers, without knowing the nature of such powers, is just stupid. :roll: Ninja are supposed to have magic in Japanese fiction, from Kuji-kiri mystical symbols, to Jutsu techniques. That's their gimmick; to blur the lines between magic and cheap theatrics with their martial arts.

CyberCubed
10-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Their powers will probably be similar to the Ninja tribunal season of the 2k3 series anyway. I can see them having "special moves" and some element based powers. I just hope it's not overused. Basing a whole show around that is worrisome, in 2k3 it was only for about 6 episodes out of the season.

Metalwolf
10-17-2017, 03:54 AM
I picked 'Cautiously optimistic' because that was the best answer that sounded close to 'Meh.'

If it's skewing even younger this time, I think I'm not going to be as interested. Why give higher viewing ratings to something that will essentially tell them there's a bigger audience for hyper-kiddified Turtles? 'Oh look, there's a huge view base for these types of TMNT cartoons! Maybe that's where we should keep them.'

JH24
10-17-2017, 05:36 AM
I want to be cautiously optimistic but I don't have a good feeling about it.

shredder orokusaki
10-17-2017, 12:56 PM
Wait until you see my first battle with the turtles where i will defeat them again like i did in 2003 and 2012 show instead of complaining . Do you think that a show with me as the main villian a crime boss and murderer wil be kid friendly?! No! That will never happen!!!

Powder
10-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Defeat yourself.

Sabacooza
10-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Wait until you see my first battle with the turtles where i will defeat them again like i did in 2003 and 2012 show instead of complaining . Do you think that a show with me as the main villian a crime boss and murderer wil be kid friendly?! No! That will never happen!!!Uh, actually, no you didn't defeat them in the 2003 and 2012 show. They defeated you. You're losing your marbles old man shredder.

IndigoErth
10-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Why give higher viewing ratings to something that will essentially tell them there's a bigger audience for hyper-kiddified Turtles? 'Oh look, there's a huge view base for these types of TMNT cartoons! Maybe that's where we should keep them.'
Yeah, I've worried about that. Wanted them to go in the exact opposite direction. *sigh* God I hope it isn't 10 or 15+ years before it goes back in that direction...

Although if they want to make it more kiddie, then I find it kind of surprising that they never really bothered to do more with Half Shell Heroes. I mean, hello... that was cute, felt younger, but still at least semi-watchable by adult fans. (Would it be annoying as a weekly series though, I'm not sure.) If Half Shell didn't grab enough attention (granted with their only very limited effort), why assume some other younger version will be different? They dropped the ball on Half Shell, which is a shame.

Sabacooza
10-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I've worried about that. Wanted them to go in the exact opposite direction. *sigh* God I hope it isn't 10 or 15+ years before it goes back in that direction...

Although if they want to make it more kiddie, then I find it kind of surprising that they never really bothered to do more with Half Shell Heroes. I mean, hello... that was cute, felt younger, but still at least semi-watchable by adult fans. If Half Shell didn't grab enough attention (granted with their only very limited effort), why assume some other younger version will be different? They dropped the ball on Half Shell, which is a shame.You would think going with something life Half Shell would be a no brainer but apparently not. They probably want something new, gimmicky, and a lot more simple and ugly looking and of course they need to sell new toys. These TMNT shows are just big toy commercials after all.

drag0nfeathers
10-17-2017, 03:23 PM
As opposed to being "cautiously optimistic" I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm "cautiously pessimistic". I actually really loved the 2012 series and echo a few of the others in agreement that the way Nick handled the airing of Season 5 has left me feeling a little bitter towards the network. I think 2012 had a lot of life left in it and I know it's been said that Ciro didn't really envision much past Season 5, I still think if Nick had any brains what so ever in their scheduling that we could have easily gotten a few more seasons before shelving the series for a new, more "kid friendly" reincarnation.

I tend to find most kids are plastered to Facebook and devices now then watching TV and the cartoons that thrive are the ones that appeal to an older audience while still catering to children - i.e. - Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, etc. Even the new Ducktales has a lot of promise, but if they go in the Teen Titans Go / TMNT Team Up direction I'm afraid I'll find it to be completely unwatchable.

I will reserve judgment until I see it for myself though... Still want my TMNT 2012 back tho... I'm not gonna get it... *pout*

newfan
10-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Kids do still watch TV :) but other than that I relate to drag0nfeathers post :)

I think Ciro would have carried on as he already pitched a movie to Nick, just Nick is done with it.

As for the new show, those who have been fans since the original toon have been here 3 times now, were you guys cautiously optimistic or concerned .. or excited the last two times also? :)

DevilSpooky
10-17-2017, 05:26 PM
As opposed to being "cautiously optimistic" I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm "cautiously pessimistic". I actually really loved the 2012 series and echo a few of the others in agreement that the way Nick handled the airing of Season 5 has left me feeling a little bitter towards the network. I think 2012 had a lot of life left in it and I know it's been said that Ciro didn't really envision much past Season 5, I still think if Nick had any brains what so ever in their scheduling that we could have easily gotten a few more seasons before shelving the series for a new, more "kid friendly" reincarnation.

I tend to find most kids are plastered to Facebook and devices now then watching TV and the cartoons that thrive are the ones that appeal to an older audience while still catering to children - i.e. - Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, etc. Even the new Ducktales has a lot of promise, but if they go in the Teen Titans Go / TMNT Team Up direction I'm afraid I'll find it to be completely unwatchable.

I will reserve judgment until I see it for myself though... Still want my TMNT 2012 back tho... I'm not gonna get it... *pout*

Speaking for myself I would drop any of those as fast as I would a Teen Titans GO wannabe.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Let me flat out, seriously ask; who here is ready to hate on the show automatically, just because of the 'mysticism' thing? :ohwell:

newfan
10-18-2017, 03:40 AM
I thought it was more the younger feel that made people apprehensive rather than mystical powers. From looking at the posts I get the feeling a lot of people would just rather they were subtle. I'm not decided I will dislike it before I've seen it, I just don't expect to like it as much as the current show.

biganimefan
10-18-2017, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't even say I was "cautiously optimistic" about the Nick show. I was definitely in the "hyped" category since the beginning. Same with the 2K3 series(even though I think I found out about that one only a matter of days before it started). For the Nick show, the biggest "issue" I had with it was the change in weapons for Donatello and Michelangelo and I got used to that pretty quickly.

CyberCubed
10-18-2017, 02:52 PM
I think age also has a lot to do with it. Most of us were still teenagers or young kids when the 2k3 series came out, (hell, I was only 16 when the 2k3 series was announced!), and the Nick show started 5 years ago in 2012 and again we were all of course 5 years younger than we are now.

Nowadays most of the TMNT fanbase is in their late 20's or early 30's, so we're all older and get less hyped over kids cartoons. I imagine though the younger fans whose first show was the Nick cartoon might be more interested.

newfan
10-18-2017, 03:10 PM
I think age also has a lot to do with it. Most of us were still teenagers or young kids when the 2k3 series came out, (hell, I was only 16 when the 2k3 series was announced!), and the Nick show started 5 years ago in 2012 and again we were all of course 5 years younger than we are now.

Nowadays most of the TMNT fanbase is in their late 20's or early 30's, so we're all older and get less hyped over kids cartoons. I imagine though the younger fans whose first show was the Nick cartoon might be more interested.

I don't think being 5 years younger makes much difference when you are in your late 20's/early 30's :)

As for the Nick toon, some of the kid fans are still kids, so they get two childhood incarnations.

Splinter the boss
10-18-2017, 03:28 PM
To be this stubbornly closed minded without having even seen the designs is pretty wack, yo.
I HAVE SEEN the designs. They're the reasons why I won't watch it. The show just doesn't appeal to me.

Ninturtle
10-18-2017, 03:49 PM
I HAVE SEEN the designs. They're the reasons why I won't watch it. The show just doesn't appeal to me.

How have you seen designs that aren't released?

Vicky82
10-18-2017, 03:52 PM

You have!!!!!! Are you psychic????

CyberCubed
10-18-2017, 03:56 PM

Whatever you saw aren't the real designs, lol.

Powder
10-18-2017, 04:35 PM

You have seen one "leak" which may well be fake. Sad!

drag0nfeathers
10-18-2017, 07:53 PM
The only designs I've seen leaked what so ever is just the new logo which ultimately tells nothing about the actual character design or the show in general sooooo... I think you're jumping the gun unless you have some kind of "in" with Nick or the creators that we're unaware of.

DevilSpooky
10-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Let me flat out, seriously ask; who here is ready to hate on the show automatically, just because of the 'mysticism' thing? :ohwell:

I will give anything TMNT a chance, and I'll still watch it from starting to end, the mysticism doesn't bother me that much, nor the designs, what will kill this show for me it's the humor, if it's anything close to Teen Titans GO, Adventure Time, or the Team Up shorts it will be an instant dislike and won't even bother with it until it's done, then I'll just binge watch it all and get it over with and put it next to FW and Next Mutation on the "glad it's over" pile.

CyberCubed
10-18-2017, 08:33 PM
The original cartoon is not a "glad it's over" as it's rewatched and revisited 20 years after it ended in 1996. It will never be over.

Bry
10-18-2017, 10:45 PM
Pretty low. I've got nothing to base a firm opinion on, but I enjoyed the 2012 series quite a bit (not perfect, but its strengths outweighed its weaknesses) and I feel like next year is a really quick turnover for me to get invested in a whole new iteration. Too quick. We'll see how I feel next year, though.

All said, I'm kind of feeling ready to let the franchise rest for a while, aside from the comics. On the whole it feels like TMNT's in one of its "cooling off" periods. I know those damned Bay movies drained a ton of my enthusiasm for the property, even though I tried to just dismiss/ignore them, and the rumours that this show is going to emulate its designs, if true, just strikes me as idiotic and off-putting.

I always want to like TMNT stuff, so I'll give it a shot, but I'm just not excited for a new Turtles show like I was leading up to 2003 or 2012, and I honestly won't feel bad about giving it a pass if it doesn't grab me. I'm just not feeling invested like that anymore. I've got tons of TMNT media I love and can re-read/watch/etc any time, and at this point I'm happy with that.

DevilSpooky
10-19-2017, 12:23 AM
The original cartoon is not a "glad it's over" as it's rewatched and revisited 20 years after it ended in 1996. It will never be over.

It's a personal opinion, as in, I've watched it all from start to finish once and probably won't ever do it again, I'm not talking about others, I'm talking about myself... :tgrumble:

Vegita-San
10-19-2017, 07:08 AM
It's a personal opinion, as in, I've watched it all from start to finish once and probably won't ever do it again, I'm not talking about others, I'm talking about myself... :tgrumble:

some people don't like person opinion around here ;o). don't worry, you get used to it!

I always want to like TMNT stuff, so I'll give it a shot, but I'm just not excited for a new Turtles show like I was leading up to 2003 or 2012, and I honestly won't feel bad about giving it a pass if it doesn't grab me. I'm just not feeling invested like that anymore. that.

I've felt the same way ever since the corporate buy out. the only tmnt i look forwad too on a monthly basis is done by IDW. the rest just comes off as 'meh'..

PizzaPower1985
10-19-2017, 11:52 AM
I think the reason a lot of you are against this project so far has more to do with what you're hearing about the further kiddification. If it's a Nick show or a cartoon it is obviously not going to be what a lot of us who prefer the more serious tone want. 2k12 certainly wasn't. At best we get a TMNT show done with the respect and care of Batman The Animated Series from the early 90s.

I think we could all probably agree that if we got a balanced show that had a little cartoon humor with the pathos and depth of BTAS we would ALL be happy.

As far as the mysticism, that sounds like change for change's sake. I'm not positive about it!

CyberCubed
10-19-2017, 12:45 PM

It's highly rewatchable, at least the better episodes.

DevilSpooky
10-19-2017, 08:38 PM
I think the reason a lot of you are against this project so far has more to do with what you're hearing about the further kiddification. If it's a Nick show or a cartoon it is obviously not going to be what a lot of us who prefer the more serious tone want. 2k12 certainly wasn't. At best we get a TMNT show done with the respect and care of Batman The Animated Series from the early 90s.

I think we could all probably agree that if we got a balanced show that had a little cartoon humor with the pathos and depth of BTAS we would ALL be happy.

As far as the mysticism, that sounds like change for change's sake. I'm not positive about it!

I'm ok with it being for kids, It's them being stupid that has me worried, I just despise stupid humor like Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO and the like, I just do...

It's highly rewatchable, at least the better episodes.

What? The first 5? Again, opinions, for me FW is just way too stupid, a shame really because it's the Turtles I grew up with, and to this day they're still my favorite ones design wise, I just despise all the nonsense, monster of the week structure and all the Saturday morning villains getting blown into the sunset at every episode, I like a ongoing narrative, not random episodes that constantly contradict each other.

CyberCubed
10-19-2017, 08:47 PM
What? The first 5? Again, opinions, for me FW is just way too stupid, a shame really because it's the Turtles I grew up with, and to this day they're still my favorite ones design wise, I just despise all the nonsense, monster of the week structure and all the Saturday morning villains getting blown into the sunset at every episode, I like a ongoing narrative, not random episodes that constantly contradict each other.

It's more like, "scheme of the week" rather than monster of the week. Either way that's the way most 80's cartoons were written. They're just fun adventures for the Turtles to go on every week or stop sci-fi plans from taking over the world. And the parody of old 50's movie plots and the villains being campy is part of the fun. Also outside some weak episodes, I never thought the plots were any weirder or dumber than any other TMNT universes. All the TMNT cartoons basically re-tread the same storylines in just different ways over and over with slight variations.

We've had two continuity heavy TMNT cartoons in a row. I wouldn't mind if this new one is a bit episodic, although I expect there to be a narrative as well.

Prowler
10-19-2017, 09:16 PM
I wasn't even interested in the 2012 Nick cartoon. :tlol:

Yeah, I might buy some of the toys for my kids or let them watch it, but that's it.

I was kinda hyped about the 2012 cartoon since I was afraid the property would hibernate again after the 2k3 series was over like it did once FW series ended... yes I know there was The Next Mutation but screw that.

But then I saw the designs, the animation and such for the Nick turtles and watched a few of the earlier episodes and I couldn't really get into it... so I watched like 3 episodes of it and that's it.

Well, yeah. It was both fun and a also a bit of a torture to wait for new 2k3 episodes and seasons.

As for the Nick series... hard to believe it's ending/ended already. I remember the year of 2012 as if it was yesterday. I think I lost a bit of track of time since then.

sdp
10-19-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm hyped to see what it's going to be, though I know it may very well suck.

CyberCubed
10-20-2017, 05:13 PM
All the cartoons were written for kids but aimed at adults, like Disney movies. All the jokes in the Nick cartoon would fly over kids heads.

newfan
10-21-2017, 02:34 AM
All the cartoons were written for kids but aimed at adults, like Disney movies. All the jokes in the Nick cartoon would fly over kids heads.

I can't comment on the other toons yet but Nick did have kid humour, (they had to as it was a kids show and even young kids like it) it gave some balance with the dark stuff :) but yes, agreed, there were a also lot of things in it to that would go over kids heads. The show did have adults in mind too, or it seemed that way to me, they know there's an adult following.
Disney and Dreamworks try to create family movies, trying to balance enough to keep both interested.

CyberCubed
10-21-2017, 01:27 PM
There's also a lot of references to old stuff, like the "Mortal Kombat" fighting scene in the beginning of the space ep of the Triceraton arena when they were in the hologram dojo, with Shredder as Shao Khan in the background and Michelangelo performing a "balloon-ality." lol.

IndigoErth
10-21-2017, 03:47 PM
I wish there were more jokes subtlety intended for the older viewers to get, that seemed to be mostly put aside after a while.

Out the whole series, the best one imo... The alien sea monster. The looks on the Turtles faces, all of them frozen and completely aware of what's happening... :tlol: Still one of the funniest moments in the series to me.

CyberCubed
10-21-2017, 03:54 PM
There was also the episode Michelangelo was mixing formula's in Don's lab to cure him, I think it was in "The Creeping Doom" episode. The Turtles asked Mikey what he used, and he said, "Well I used urinalnite, analite, etc"

I don't know how that got past the censors. Especially since his voice actor put emphasis on the word, "anal." LOL

victory_angel
10-21-2017, 05:25 PM
There was also the episode Michelangelo was mixing formula's in Don's lab to cure him, I think it was in "The Creeping Doom" episode. The Turtles asked Mikey what he used, and he said, "Well I used urinalnite, analite, etc"

I don't know how that got past the censors. Especially since his voice actor put emphasis on the word, "anal." LOL

Actually, that was in the War on Dimension X where Mikey was messing with the retromutagen that Donnie had created. Then after the retromutagen was contaminated, Donnie is checking it out to see what was different and finds that Mikey has actually improved it making it super-retromutagen.

So he asks Mikey what chemicals he used, Mikey didn't know the chemical names off the top of his head so he just started making up chemical names such as Urilnalight, Analight, and things like that.

I think the most adult joke they ever had was after Donnie and Raph have reunited with Mikey after so many years of being apart from them. He takes them to the restaurant that he has set up as his home base and telling them that they had plenty of water. So Raph picks up one of the water jugs and starts drinking from it only to realize this is not water. And then when he demands to know what that was we see Mikey conveniently relieving himself into one of the jugs before saying "The water is actually over there"

And of course the moment in Meet Mondo Geko where Mikey is bored so he checks out what his brothers are doing. Leo is training, Donnie is in his lab, and Raph is in his room "Playing with his action figures" but the whole moment is played off as though Mikey caught him in the act of something else. Much like the infamous "I'm just polishing my sai" scene in the 2k3.

IndigoErth
10-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Oh yes, all definitively good ones as well!

The, uh, pee jug one kinda surprised me though. A bit bold there, Nick. And gross. Poor Raph. lol (Although, side note... I gotta give Mikey credit for likely having a set up to evaporate and recycle it back into drinkable water, since he'd pretty much have to in order to survive in such a deserted, arid place for so long.)

drag0nfeathers
10-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Three words I will never unhear...

"Bass to mouth"

:tlol:

myconius
11-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Three words I will never unhear...

"Bass to mouth"

:tlol:

this may very well be the Turtles new catch-phrase.

COWA-Bass-to-mouth!!!

newfan
11-03-2017, 08:35 AM
My level of enthusiasm dropped a bit more yesterday :lol::lol: I'll take a look of course but there's a chance I'll end up sitting this one out.

biganimefan
11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
I'd say my enthusiasm has actually grown a bit since yesterday. Still firmly in the "cautiously optimistic" camp, but I don't really have any issues with what's been revealed after thinking about some of them a bit more. I also have less fear that this will be a Teen Titans Go clone.

With Teen Titans Go, you have to admit that it's pretty successful in the ratings department. The ratings are fairly consistent and are comparable to Season 3 of the Nick TMNT.

At the end of the day, American cartoons largely have a specific audience in mind and no one on these forums is among that audience.

plastroncafe
11-03-2017, 09:33 AM
I think I've gone from cautiously optimistic to Hopeful. Based entirely on the voice cast and the voice director.

Still Holding Out for a character design.
The one like a lot of people here, I actually kind of liked that leaked Donatello sketch.

IndigoErth
11-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Bottomed out for the time being... I hope further info does some damage control, so to speak.

ProphetofGanja
11-03-2017, 03:21 PM
I think I've gone from cautiously optimistic to Hopeful. Based entirely on the voice cast and the voice director.

Still Holding Out for a character design.
The one like a lot of people here, I actually kind of liked that leaked Donatello sketch.

Same and same. I really do hope that the sketch we saw was at least an initial rough (but near final) draft for Donnie's character design

IndigoErth
11-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Hate to say it but I'm kind of wanting it now. At least then I would never even be able to take this show seriously if it looked like that.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-24-2017, 06:18 AM
Why no fan protests against the plans of the turtles having super-abilities yet? Remember when in March 2012, Michael Bay planned to produce a film with extraterrestrial turtles? I don't know what's worse.

Powder
11-24-2017, 06:49 AM
We don't really have any information about it at this point. That aside, mysticism & spiritual energy have long been an integral part of TMNT, & the turtles themselves are no strangers to having powers tied to it all. Ninja Tribunal, the anime, Next Mutation, bits of Mirage, Tournament Fighters (SNES), & others have all featured the turtles tapping into something greater. Could be real neat.

11-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Next Mutation.

That was only Venus de Milo. Anyway, I hope we will learn more soon.

CyberCubed
11-24-2017, 12:41 PM
I didn't mind the Turtles powers in Ninja Tribunal because it was confined to a single short 12 episode season, and they didn't even develop their powers till halfway into it.

Not sure if I want that for a whole series, but we still barely know how things will go.

IndigoErth
11-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Why no fan protests against the plans of the turtles having super-abilities yet? Remember when in March 2012, Michael Bay planned to produce a film with extraterrestrial turtles? I don't know what's worse.
Super abilities/mystic powers is annoying (imho) if it's going to be a whole series thing, but the alien thing is still worse (also imo). They may be different, but they're still fellow Earthlings and belong here with us. Taking that away is just kinda sad.

Although we don't really know enough about this series yet to base any protesting on anyhow, and what we know is still vague, if questionable.

11-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Super abilities/mystic powers is annoying (imho) if it's going to be a whole series thing, but the alien thing is still worse (also imo). They may be different, but they're still fellow Earthlings and belong here with us. Taking that away is just kinda sad.

Although we don't really know enough about this series yet to base any protesting on anyhow, and what we know is still vague, if questionable.

The series isn't even one year ahead. Once we know, protesting may bee too late. (when Michael Bay's announcement came in March 2012, the upcoming film was scheudled for Christmas 2013)

CyberCubed
11-24-2017, 07:35 PM
The first season is already written, being animated and voice acted as we speak. Whatever is done, has already been done.

shredder orokusaki
11-25-2017, 02:48 AM
No matter what powers they have i will beat them! Maybe this time my alien enemies decided to sent some mutant alien turtles from the planet of the turtles to fight me. That explain why they might have these powers. But if they are still mutant turtles on earth they wont have any magic powers.

IndigoErth
11-25-2017, 04:11 PM
Well neither does Shredder... Maybe they'll redo him too... into a weakling they kill off in the beginning.

11-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Well neither does Shredder... Maybe they'll redo him too... into a weakling they kill off in the beginning.

The series seems to be lighter, so I doubt the turtles will kill him. Maybe banish him and Krang to Dimension X or something (if Krang appears at all).

AquaParade
12-07-2017, 07:19 PM
At this point, I have no interest in watching it. Even the recent Nick show has a hard time pulling me in, and I actually think it's pretty darn good cartoon.

That said, I find myself very curious to see it revealed. I'm curious about the designs and general direction they will take the show.

Powder
12-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I'm super eager for the designs myself.

CyberCubed
12-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Was there some mention of Raph being taller/bigger than the other Turtles in this? I mean, in 2k3 in FF and BTTS Raphael was slightly bigger than the other Turtles but not by much.

I hope they don't do something where Raph is some huge hulk while the other Turtles are skinnier/smaller. Nick had different designs but they were all the same more or less.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Was there some mention of Raph being taller/bigger than the other Turtles in this? I mean, in 2k3 in FF and BTTS Raphael was slightly bigger than the other Turtles but not by much.

I hope they don't do something where Raph is some huge hulk while the other Turtles are skinnier/smaller. Nick had different designs but they were all the same more or less.

If it means anything, Omar Miller is significantly bigger/taller then his fellow Turtle VAs.

CyberCubed
12-07-2017, 08:43 PM
If it means anything, Omar Miller is significantly bigger/taller then his fellow Turtle VAs.

That's exactly what I was thinking, and with Raph being the leader in this it's making me wonder. I do think all the Turtles will have unique body types like the 2012 show did, but I hope they don't overdo it making Raph "huge" or something, like how Slash was in 2012.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-07-2017, 09:14 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, and with Raph being the leader in this it's making me wonder. I do think all the Turtles will have unique body types like the 2012 show did, but I hope they don't overdo it making Raph "huge" or something, like how Slash was in 2012.

At this point we really don't know anything about the designs other than that they're 2D and will supposedly be more fitting for the show's more lighthearted/humorous tone.

They might be the worst or the best looking of all the cartoon turtles, but one thing is for certain, they certainly won't ever be the worst looking turtles, period. That award will always be reserved for the Bayturtles across all of time.

CyberCubed
12-07-2017, 11:18 PM
If I recall in one of those summer shorts one of the Turtles was huge, can't recall if it was Mike or Raph though. I hope we don't see something similar here.

newfan
12-08-2017, 01:27 AM
I think it did say Raph is the biggest but it may not mean giant, hulky looking, could just be a little, hopefully.

12-08-2017, 03:59 AM
I hope we can learn more about the series soon than just voice actors.

miru
12-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Can I say iím completely indifferent? Considering that I rarely watch television at all these days, iím not really caring about this show. And considering the complaints already applied to the pretty good 2012 show...

And the comics are enough to get me my fix on this franchise.

12-09-2017, 04:14 AM
Considering that I rarely watch television at all these days.

I guess a lot of us don't do that anymore, at least not scheudled and traditional. But sure, we watch it in other ways.

CyberCubed
12-09-2017, 02:43 PM
We're not in the 90's anymore, you don't even have to watch TV to watch shows at this point. Most people watch things on their computer now.

If it weren't for videogames I would have almost no reason to own a TV anymore.

newfan
12-09-2017, 03:24 PM
We're not in the 90's anymore, you don't even have to watch TV to watch shows at this point. Most people watch things on their computer now.

If it weren't for videogames I would have almost no reason to own a TV anymore.

Don't you ever want to chill out and watch the bigger screen?

CyberCubed
12-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Not so much anymore, the computer is right in front of you.

IndigoErth
12-09-2017, 03:50 PM
You can tell Cubed is old though..... All the hip young people watch it on their phones now. :P

(Though personally I don't see the appeal of a tiny screen and that phone sound quality/tone that bugs me.)

P.S. The hippest people however have Smart Tvs that can access a lot themselves. ;)

newfan
12-09-2017, 04:20 PM
(Though personally I don't see the appeal of a tiny screen and that phone sound quality/tone that bugs me.)

Yeah agreed, preference I guess. Plus if you are watching with others then you might not want to be all sat around a tablet or laptop :)

Sorry to come off thread all.

shredder orokusaki
12-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Don't you ever want to chill out and watch the bigger screen?
If he has a 24'' 2560x1440 monitor like mine or a 27+'' 4k but a much older tv why use it? I also dont use tv anymore i watch evrything on my monter pc at max settings 2560x1440 or downsampled from 4k. I will never touch a mobile phone or tablet to watch anything. On such small screen and such terrible graphics... NEVER . But my pc on 24'' 2560x1440 monitor and GTX 970 has amazing graphics quality and monitor is big enough. And if i want i can right now as we speak buy a GTX 1080 TI and a 43''+ 4k HDR tv with just one click and have the best graphics/experience ever. But there is not need for that because it costs a lot while there is very ilttile improvement in graphics/image quality compared to what i have now.

12-10-2017, 03:43 PM
When will Rise of the TMNT get its own subforum?

ProphetofGanja
12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
When will Rise of the TMNT get its own subforum?

Good question. I mean technically it is still a Nick TMNT Cartoon but it should be separated to make things clearer

12-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Good question. I mean technically it is still a Nick TMNT Cartoon but it should be separated to make things clearer

I think it's time now, as more and more threads about it pop up.