PDA

View Full Version : Bigboystoys Bulkyz TMNT Leonardo

tinlunlau
10-02-2017, 01:32 PM
https://youtu.be/HSBGJo1-zI0

Fast forward to 13:20 for details in English.

ColinStein
10-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Here's a lazy link.

https://youtu.be/HSBGJo1-zI0?t=13m20s

ProdUK
10-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Looks interesting

Powder
10-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Neat. Not sure if it's for me, but it's kinda cool. Wonder what the price will be.

tinlunlau
10-03-2017, 10:38 AM
I think their Bulkyz Ryu is out now for $109 US at bigbadtoystore. If that is any indication, this Bulkyz Leonardo should be within that price range.

Off topic, but check out budgetstark's video on the Hot Toys Hulkbuster. It's highly anticipated and many collectors have waited more than two years for it.

IndigoErth
10-03-2017, 12:26 PM
:teek: Wow, steep price if it is in fact around that. (Come on, what is it, plastic?)

The bulkiness of it makes me feel like it should actually be a bank. :trazz:

Candy Kappa
10-03-2017, 12:33 PM
holy ****, over $100...

tinlunlau
10-04-2017, 09:16 AM
holy ****, over $100...

At least it's not over 9000. 🤣

tmntman
10-04-2017, 06:18 PM
holy ****, over $100...

Sounds about right. The Kiaju Turtles last year were about the same size and sold for $150 each.

SilverNinja
10-05-2017, 07:20 AM
I actually dig the look of this and I don't feel the price is too horrible...if it truly ends up being around $100. I'm a sucker for anything and everything Leo.

drag0nfeathers
10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
At least it's not over 9000. ��

*snort* This just made my day :tlol:

tinlunlau
12-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Looks like Donatello has been revealed at the Toy Soul convention in Hong Kong this week.

http://m.uwants.com/index.php?action=thread&tid=19588653

Btown
12-14-2017, 09:44 PM
i'm all in for a raphael

ProdUK
01-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Some sample pics of Donnie

https://www.facebook.com/bigboystoyshk/posts/1562820250478282

Raptor86
01-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Could they be, uhm, based on the new series? Sure they have a Bay-esque look...

Coro
01-15-2018, 01:14 PM
I cant wait for these to hit the clearance racks!

Powder
01-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Could they be, uhm, based on the new series?

No, not even close.

cloud
01-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Could they be, uhm, based on the new series? Sure they have a Bay-esque look...

Not really. Original designs by the company.
There are only limited let's call it "alternate approaches" of making TMNT action figures that is not covered by Playmates. Being mix media figures, 1/4, die casts or in this case deformed vinyl designer style figure.

DonnieLaForge
02-28-2018, 09:17 AM
I see that Don and Mike are up on BBTS now.

Here's a surprise -- each one contains a BAF part for a Master Splinter??

Kinda cool looking with the 2D animation paint jobs...
Hmm...
DON'T NEED DON'T NEED...

tmntman
02-28-2018, 09:53 AM
The addition of Splinter is a cool surprise. Though I thought that I would finally get my list of preorders from BBTS down to just one page now that the NECA mask and 1:4 Raph in trench coat are shipping. But nope, two items arrive and drop off the preorder list and two more go right back on. :D

I am curious though, BBTS has these listed as the Deluxe versions. Has anyone seen the standard versions pop up anywhere?

EDIT-----------

I was poking around online and found this photo on their Facebook page from earlier this month

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27750643_1587160164710957_6236865911286791766_n.jp g?oh=9280fb9ee85e6bdf09ae2c38cf364095&oe=5B150624

So that at least explains how they are going to make a build a figure for figures of this size, Splinter is much smaller.

Lil Karai
03-01-2018, 11:25 AM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i%2Cp%2Cso&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Brand=2431

Just saw these today. They look cool but not for the price.

dragonside
03-01-2018, 07:56 PM
would buy these for like 50% off...

Coro
03-01-2018, 08:31 PM
I always said clearance bin, but looking at them now, I might even give as much as $40 for these. Maybe if I had one in hand I would get a different impression? Anyone had hands on? to the youtubes!

Coro
03-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Woah Woah Woah Woh......

I never saw this part....

"Includes a build a pieces of Splinter"

Ok now I am willing to go a full $50 per turtle. These actually look amazing, but how on earth is this price justified? This is insanely priced.

DonnieLaForge
03-02-2018, 04:29 AM
Good find on that pic of Splinter, tmntman!

They are vinyl art, which has an insane market right now for some reason, I guess due to so many plebes wanting to be toy collectors?? :p

Kidrobot's 6-7" TMNT vinyls have MSRP of $40...

These are 12.6"...that's huge...just look how they are about as wide in both directions as they are tall. Over 1 full cubic foot of vinyl turtle art...

So I could see someone thinking an MSRP of $80 or even $100 is justified here. Heck, volume-wise it's 8 times the kidrobot volume. Add in a splinter BAF part and $120 maybe?

LE500, only 500 made... At least of the "deluxe" versions which have the special paint jobs and the BAF.

I'm not defending it I'm just trying to understand. I have the kidrobots but I paid half or less for them by waiting for the clearance. I dunno how many kidrobot 6" were made, maybe these won't last long enough to hit clearance?

tmntman
03-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Ok now I am willing to go a full $50 per turtle. These actually look amazing, but how on earth is this price justified? This is insanely priced.

It's simply a different market, one that has traditionally carried a much higher price point. They aren't looking at these as toys, they are pieces of art.

I'm not defending it I'm just trying to understand. I have the kidrobots but I paid half or less for them by waiting for the clearance. I dunno how many kidrobot 6" were made, maybe these won't last long enough to hit clearance?

I don't know about production numbers on the 8" Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder and Triceraton figures. But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.

DonnieLaForge
03-02-2018, 07:58 AM
But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.

Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.

Forgot about the turtles... I have them as well (also from clearance fire sales).

Thanks for doing the math on that. Still hard to say what will happen market-wise on these. There was excitement around those Kidrobot turtles...these are being met with "meh" from what I've seen here and elsewhere...that may be solely due to price. Personally I think these are more fun than those turtles, while unnecessarily large. So far we have a bit less high-end TMNT stuff coming at us this year so maybe the thirst will grow for these...

Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.

tmntman
03-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.

I'm going to guess that the production runs on those were quite a bit higher. They did sell to a lot more stores and each of those figures also had an exclusive version available at SDCC as well. (Shredder and Triceraton actually had two variants.) Plus, with those figures they were recycling the body and arms between every figure. So there was less work and expense in the mold production.

Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.

It's hard to tell with the lighting in that picture. But that looks like actual vinyl, not a prototype. And if they have gone to the trouble of creating the mold to produce him at that scale already, he'll probably stay at that scale. Although if they are using 3D printing, they could have just made a 1:2 scale version to test the design and fit. But my primary reason for thinking that he'll stay that size is that finding room for the torso piece in the packaging for which ever Turtle includes it will be difficult if it is much larger that that.

statik
03-02-2018, 11:51 AM
It would be smarter to advertise the Splinter add on as to the exact details and paint job if there is one. Sounds like you have to buy all four to get all four pieces to build him. This prices out the novelty big time as the market is saturated as it is. It be different if someone just went with their favorite turtle and got a full Splinter but not the case here. No interest till clearance and other things are on the horizon so my interesr will probably be lost by time they realize they priced it wrong.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-11-2018, 06:45 AM
The more I see these, the more I like them. Has anyone got their hands on Mikey of Don yet? if so what do you think of them?

tmntman
06-11-2018, 12:56 PM
The more I see these, the more I like them. Has anyone got their hands on Mikey of Don yet? if so what do you think of them?

Great timing. Both just arrived at my office this morning. I haven't opened them yet. But here's a few photos:

Donatello: http://www.tmnttoys.com/18figures/bulkyz/8223.jpg

Michelangelo: http://www.tmnttoys.com/18figures/bulkyz/6629.jpg

Splinter promo: http://www.tmnttoys.com/18figures/bulkyz/2921.jpg

Zog
06-11-2018, 06:30 PM
These look awesome! Any idea when Leo and Raph are supposed to release?

TheBlueTurtle1
06-12-2018, 12:55 AM
You going to do a video, pics? impressions?

tmntman
06-12-2018, 06:16 AM
You going to do a video, pics? impressions?

I'll post more pics. But this time of year I'm working 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week. So it may take some time to get to it.

SilverNinja
06-12-2018, 07:16 AM
I keep checking BBTS because Leo and Raph will be dropping in July. BBTS seemed to drop Donnie and Mike pretty early and they still have them in stock. I'm curious as to why it's taking so long for them to add Leo and Raph pre-orders, but I am most definitely purchasing Leo. I really enjoy the look of it...even though the price seems a bit outrageous.

Coro
06-12-2018, 10:11 AM
I am considering a Raph purchase, but I REALLY want to see a video review

cloud
06-12-2018, 07:04 PM
I keep checking BBTS because Leo and Raph will be dropping in July. BBTS seemed to drop Donnie and Mike pretty early and they still have them in stock. I'm curious as to why it's taking so long for them to add Leo and Raph pre-orders, but I am most definitely purchasing Leo. I really enjoy the look of it...even though the price seems a bit outrageous.

Because the pre-order date from Big Boys Toys is June 14 so Leo and Raph should be up for pre-order soon. I remember for Don and Mike BBTS had the pre-order up a bit earlier than Big Boys Toys official pre-order date.

SilverNinja
06-14-2018, 08:11 AM
Raph and Leo are available on BBTS now:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Series=12214&Brand=2431

I already have my pre-order in for Leo. Pretty psyched for this figure. :tgrin:

wpugh2424
07-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Thank TURTLEWA for the thread find on these
I really like these. Very different and I feel the splinter pieces are a cool treat. Just don't feel the price is right for these at the time
Maybe I shall do a little waiting but then they might sell out

TurtleWA
07-02-2018, 08:45 AM
Thank TURTLEWA for the thread find on these
I really like these. Very different and I feel the spotter pieces are a cool treat. Just don't feel the price is right for these at the time
Maybe I shall do a little waiting but then they might sell out

With all the TMNT options nowadays its definitely not easy always picking and choosing what TMNT merch we want.

wpugh2424
07-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Sounds about right. The Kiaju Turtles last year were about the same size and sold for $150 each.

I am pretty sure I read hat you had picked up the kaiju tmnt
Are you pleased with them? And what would be a good price point on these in your opinion?

tmntman
07-03-2018, 09:52 PM
I did end up ordering a set from Toy Tokyo when they eventually placed them online. I paid $125 each which is the original retail. But as I recall, the shipping was a bit of a killer. Not surprising given the size. But you get spoiled by sites like Amazon or BBTS that offer flat rate or free shipping.

For the price, if you are a fan of vinyls, kaiju and the Turtles, it may be worth picking one of these up. They are fairly impressive thanks to their size. But buying a set might be more than they are worth. There isn't a huge difference between the four figures, just the coloring and weapons. They also have a few issues. The packaging isn't strong enough. One of my four figures had the box coming apart at the seam. And inside, these massive figures are packaged in clamshell trays that aren't really any thicker than a standard sized figure. So they bend and crack easily. Getting them to hold their weapons is a real pain as well. The hands are just too small. Leo and Raph's weapons had to be made so that the handles will come apart just to allow them to fit the hand at all. But once you put them in their hands, getting them out is extremely tough, as in damage-the-very-expensive-vinyl-figure-if-you-try tough.

I haven't opened the Bulkyz I have yet. But from the looks of them in the packaging, I like these quite a bit more. Of course, they are also almost $50 more per figure, so they have a lot to live up to.

wpugh2424
07-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info
I may pick up the bulkyz set I really dig them
I will pick up the kaiju if they are ever at a great price