PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any favourite place in Japan for the TMNT origin story to begin?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
10-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Do you have any favourite place in Japan for the TMNT origin story to begin? Like where Hamato Yoshi-Splinter come from.

The 1987-1996 series never mentioned where on the two islands in Japan it began, but we at least knew Kazuo Saki was a policeman in Tokyo.

The TMNT Adventures comics had Splinter being from Hiroshima, and later studying at Osaka University.

The 2003-2009 series had Utroms in Tokyo.

The first episode of the 2012 series also had scenes taking place in Tokyo.

The "Out of the Shadows" film also had Tokyo.

Or maybe you think the stories should begin somewhere else in Japan?

ToTheNines
10-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Wasn't Yoshi also from Osaka in Mirage? Or did I just imagine that?

Andrew NDB
10-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Chihaya Village is given as the name of Splinter's birthplace in Mirage Vol. 2, #1. It's unclear exactly where Yoshi was born, if anywhere differently.

Prowler
10-06-2017, 04:22 PM
Wasn't Yoshi also from Osaka in Mirage? Or did I just imagine that?
I believe the FW versions of Splinter/Yoshi and Shredder were Osaka natives. I remember reading that on the old ninjaturtles.com website ages ago. I think that was the information written on their action figures or smth... so maybe not entirely canon?

neatoman
10-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Chihaya Village is given as the name of Splinter's birthplace in Mirage Vol. 2, #1. It's unclear exactly where Yoshi was born, if anywhere differently.

Is there any implication as to where it is or is it a "Springfield's state" scenario?

Andrew NDB
10-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Is there any implication as to where it is or is it a "Springfield's state" scenario?

We see it. It looks pretty damn close to the base of Mount Fujiyama.