PDA

View Full Version : [Want to Buy] Something on eBay. That requires local pickup in Portland.

Princess Anri
10-09-2017, 08:33 PM
I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.

TurtleWA
10-09-2017, 09:02 PM
I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.

Wish I was closer to the location and I'd help you out. Why can't they ship books? I understand a car or something big but books has me curious.

Princess Anri
10-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Why can't they ship books?
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.

TurtleWA
10-09-2017, 09:22 PM
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.

Oh. There are a few Oregon drome members but I'm not sure if in Portland area. Hope you get the books. Good luck. :tsmile:

inaheap
10-10-2017, 12:46 PM
You might try contacting them. If you are willing to send supplies, and all they have to do is pack and ship they might do it.

Coro
10-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Comics can ship as media mail which is insanely cheap. Shipping 50lbs of books wont be more than $20 no matter the size...odd.

MrPliggins
10-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.

Peter Palmer
10-20-2017, 09:05 AM
Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.

MrPliggins is 100% correct.

The ads seem to be the bone of contention. It doesn't matter that the ads are decades old for businesses that no longer exist; the mere presence of even outdated ads is enough to count as a violation of the TOS for media mail.

Some people will still send comics via media mail and will send hundreds of packages with no problems. Others will get flagged, opened, and searched every time. If comics are found, the recipient will have to pay the difference between media mail and priority shipping to get the package. It tends to come down to individual USPS locations. Some don't care, some crack down hard.

I just send everything via priority mail. The boxes are free, they're delivered to my door, and I can schedule a pickup at my door for free when it's ready to go. Plus it automatically comes with tracking and $50 worth of insurance. The less time it spends in transit, the less chance there is for damage. If all that isn't worth the cost difference between media and priority, I don't know what is.