PDA

View Full Version : 2010's Technodrome playset

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
12-02-2017, 12:25 PM
Does anyone wonder why a Technodrome playset was made only for "Out of the Shadows", and not for the Nickelodeon series or maybe IDW comics?

The Technodrome is in those. Don't children who like TMNT today think the Technodrome is cool?

909 Turtle Fan
12-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I think it's only shown in the crossover episode and they clown on the big eye, and the red foot painted on it. So maybe kids don't think it's cool? Also they haven't released any action figures that are IDW related so they probably won't make a full play set, especially before putting out figures.

12-02-2017, 12:58 PM
I think it's only shown in the crossover episode and they clown on the big eye, and the red foot painted on it. So maybe kids don't think it's cool? Also they haven't released any action figures that are IDW related so they probably won't make a full play set, especially before putting out figures.

I'm mostly talking about the Technodrome(s) used by the Kraang in the Nickelodeon series.

Candy Kappa
12-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Playsets panned out really fast. The Sewer playset was flimsy and had too little going on for its size, the pop-up pizza box sold so poorly Shredder's pop-up lair was canceled. I'm kinda surprised the Sewer set got a Movie version and a SFX variant at all.

So I guess the OotS Technodrome was a rework of a proposed Nick 'drone that was initially discarded since there's no place to fight with Kra(a)ng on the ship, just inside and the Turtles wasn't inside the Drome in the movie. Who knows.

12-08-2017, 03:20 AM
Those 2010's TMNT sewer hideouts look so big I doubt most parents will buy it for their children, even at Christmas or birthdays.

IndigoErth
12-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Fair point, you'd think they'd have made one. Although much of what we ever see in Nick's Technodrome is pretty vague (series of hallways and rooms we typically don't see too much detail of, I think) and maybe just doesn't offer a whole lot to base playability on. Not that the movie one is really any better and the inside of that toy is itself pretty basic (not looking like there is really much you can do with it) and a temporary gimmick for a movie tie-in. Or that's at least my best guess.