PDA

View Full Version : How/where do you listen to/get your music these days?

Prowler
01-02-2018, 01:03 PM
I mostly use Spotify. Most artists I like, even less known ones end up there eventually these days. Sometimes I use winamp as well. Bandcamp can be fun to discover new obscure stuff. And ofc, youtube is always a good back up plan to find a certain song or two.

Unlike most humans out there, I don't really listen to music on my phone. At least not outside. I don't really pay attention to music when outside, and I also hate earphones. Ofc I could take my headphones outside... but I find headphones a bit too big and unpractical to take outside so :lol:

I know people who listen to several albums a day, but I can't do that often. Sometimes I might do that but not something I do every single day. It's time consuming and there's a lot of stuff I can't multitask while listening to music. Some people can work and study while listening to music but I can't at all. Too distracting.

What about you?

plastroncafe
01-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Either the radio or Pandora.
Though, I since got a new turntable for Christmas, so there's been a whole lot of used vinyl playing in the house ever since.

newfan
01-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Always in the car, along with bad singing ...:roll:
In the home on my computer, I usually download from amazon rather than Itunes for some reason. I like listening to music (not all the time) seems to lift me.

Edit: Just noticed Plaston's reply, I plan to buy a turntable also.

Prowler
01-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Either the radio or Pandora.
Though, I since got a new turntable for Christmas, so there's been a whole lot of used vinyl playing in the house ever since.

I've heard of Pandora often before, but turns out it's only available in USA. I remember when Spotify was only available in a couple of countries.

Always in the car, along with bad singing ...:roll:
In the home on my computer, I usually download from amazon rather than Itunes for some reason. I like listening to music (not all the time) seems to lift me.

Edit: Just noticed Plaston's reply, I plan to buy a turntable also.
Listening all day? Well I could do that if I played music on my speakers all day. But living in an apartment I can't just blast death metal on my speakers past dinner time. :D

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-02-2018, 01:21 PM
I usually listen to it on YouTube, but if I really like something I will buy the CD.

newfan
01-02-2018, 01:28 PM
I've heard of Pandora often before, but turns out it's only available in USA. I remember when Spotify was only available in a couple of countries.

Listening all day? Well I could do that if I played music on my speakers all day. But living in an apartment I can't just blast death metal on my speakers past dinner time. :D

:lol: I suppose not. The heaviest metal I've heard I think is Pantera level. I listen to varied music but it all falls under pop level even if it is Dance, rock, love songs, R&B, new, old etc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Honestly, YouTube does a pretty great job of suggesting my new favorite bands to me.

Just found Dead Posey a few days ago...

Wesley
01-02-2018, 02:10 PM
I listen to music on the radio or cds. Never got into playing music from phones.

I also like listening to music on YouTube or Spotify or on tv sometimes. They’re a good way of discovering new bands/artists.

I agree with what Prowler said about albums. I can only listen to a few albums every now and then.

Aaronardo
01-02-2018, 02:16 PM
I usually listen to it on YouTube, but if I really like something I will buy the CD.

This. I go out of my way to find new music that might interest me, and if I don't like it, then good thing I didn't use my money to say "hey, I like this." But if I like what I hear, I get the CD asap. It's much better than playing the music lottery and you end up discovering quite a few artists you never would think you'd like otherwise. (Ween).

I listen with my phone, though. It's just nice and convenient, you can plug it into your car or earbuds, and you always have it on you in case a friend asks for a recommendation.

The Deadman
01-02-2018, 03:36 PM
I use Spotify for the most part.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I would listen to two CD's one day sometimes, 8-10 years ago.