PDA

View Full Version : Longest movie run-time you've ever watched

Shark_Blade
01-19-2018, 07:30 PM
So let's hear it.

I was curious in checking out Cleoptra movie by Elizabeth Taylor. As the movie went on, I felt it took weirdly so long to end until I realized it's 5 hours & 20 minutes in total! Even a single LOTR movie isn't as long.

So tired at the end but worth it lmao great period movie imo.

Autbot_Benz
01-19-2018, 07:34 PM
Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King Extended Cut

4 Hours 38 minutes that includes Additional credits

MrPliggins
01-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Probably Gone with the Wind. At least it seemed really long at the time. But I've never seen Cleopatra.

TurtleWA
01-19-2018, 07:37 PM
I’ve seen a few movies that had a lengthy run time
titanic 3h 15m
and when the ten commandments is on tv I think it’s around 4h or more
and LOTR

sdp
01-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Ben Hur, Cleopatra and The Ten Commandments are all up there, not sure which one of those is longer.

I just remember that in one of them I thought the movie was over only to see the "intermission" fade out and the movie continued :lol:

Those big set pieces / long epic movies were awesome, I wish we had gotten more of them, we'll never get anything like that again, it'll all be CG.

plastroncafe
01-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Lawrence of Arabia.
Damn thing had an intermission.

Andrew NDB
01-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Probably "Once Upon a Time in America." It's close to 5 hours, if I recall.

Prowler
01-19-2018, 08:07 PM
Probably Das Boot extended version. I'ts like 4 hours or nearly so.

That or one of the TLotR movies.

MikeandRaph87
01-19-2018, 09:41 PM
The Ten Commandments, 4 hours long.

Gone with The Wind is just under 4 hours. The movie really is long winded. It took Scarlett nearly 4 hours to realize desiring the man with a woman's name, Ashley was all she wanted and not the man. The older guy she shrugged off as consolation was better for her, but too late. :trazz:

Ben Hur, is slightly less than GwTW and just under four hours.

Lawrence of Arabia was around 3 hours 45 minutes if I am not mistaken.

I have seen a couple that were 3 and half like the highly underrated It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Utrommaniac
01-19-2018, 09:58 PM
I feel like Gone With the Wind? Skipping the intro and intermission of course.

Though the first time my family showed it to us, we had to break it into two days.

One of my favorite stories from my dad comes from his first viewing of Gone With the Wind at 15, where he jumped up from the screen going to black after the I'll Never Go Hungry Again scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixx66T-FPYM), ran to the middle of the theater hall (this was in the days of re-releasing a movie every 7 years or so in theaters) and yelled "That was the best damn movie I've ever seen!" only to be surprised with the intermission card.
"Oh sh!t, it isn't over!?"

My grandmother pretended for the moment that he wasn't her kid.
And it's still one of my dad's favorite movies.

plastroncafe
01-19-2018, 10:09 PM
I feel like Gone With the Wind? Skipping the intro and intermission of course.

Though the first time my family showed it to us, we had to break it into two days.

One of my favorite stories from my dad comes from his first viewing of Gone With the Wind at 15, where he jumped up from the screen going to black after the I'll Never Go Hungry Again scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixx66T-FPYM), ran to the middle of the theater hall (this was in the days of re-releasing a movie every 7 years or so in theaters) and yelled "That was the best damn movie I've ever seen!" only to be surprised with the intermission card.
"Oh sh!t, it isn't over!?"

My grandmother pretended for the moment that he wasn't her kid.
And it's still one of my dad's favorite movies.

HA!
That was my reaction to Lawrence of Arabia!
(I ended up laughing at inopportune times during Gone with the Wind...)

FredWolfLeonardo
01-19-2018, 10:12 PM
The Ten Commandments 1955, although i loved every minute of it.

Candy Kappa
01-20-2018, 06:19 AM
I've seen the extended cut of the LOTR movies right after each other, but it's still 3 movies.

Others would be Seven Samurai where I noticed the long runtime simply due to the intermission break. I don't notice runtime if the movie interest me, like Last Jedi felt like an blink of an eye.

I'm fairly certain I've seen Ben Hur as my dad had it on VHS, but I'd be around 8-12 so I don't remember much so I probably lost interest at a point and started playing with toys instead. :lol:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Such long films would make it better as TV miniseries (especially now, during the golden age of TV series). What's the point with people falling alseep inside the cinema? :)