PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Season 2 DVD's probably won't match Season 1

Splinter
11-10-2003, 09:55 AM
I was just thinking how Funimation has said that none of the DVD's will include two episodes. And that they wouldn't break up storyarcs over DVD's. Going over the episode synopsis for season 2 indicates that there is no way for them to get 8 DVD's out of the Second Season. Unless they rearrange episodes, which they decided they wouldn't do with Season 1. At most they could get away with 6. Due to all the storyarcs that are 3, 4, and 5 episodes long. :(

Volume 1:
27.) Turtles in Space - Part 1: The Fugatoid
28.) Turtles in Space - Part 2: The Trouble with Triceratons
29.) Turtles in Space - Part 3: The Big House
30.) Turtles in Space - Part 4: The Arena
31.) Turtles in Space - Part 5: Triceraton Wars

Volume 2:
32.) Secret Origins - Part 1
33.) Secret Origins - Part 2
34.) Secret Origins - Part 3
35.) Reflections

Volume 3:
36.) The Ultimate Ninja
37.) Modern Love - The Return of Nano
38.) What A Croc!
39.) Return to the Underground

Volume 4:
40.) City at War - Part 1
41.) City at War - Part 2
42.) City at War - Part 3
43.) Junklantis
44.) The Golden Puck

Volume 5:
45.) Rogue in the House - Part 1
46.) Rogue in the House - Part 2
47.) April's Artifact
48.) Return of the Justice Force

Volume 6:
49.) The Big Brawl - Part 1
50.) The Big Brawl - Part 2
51.) The Big Brawl - Part 3
52.) The Big Brawl - Part 4

Karpo_007
11-10-2003, 10:53 AM
That looks pretty realistic, but would they actually put 5 episodes to one DVD...that remains to be seen.

Splinter
11-10-2003, 10:56 AM
That looks pretty realistic, but would they actually put 5 episodes to one DVD...that remains to be seen.
It's more then possible to put 5 episodes on one DVD. And it would be realistically the only way to fit the season on DVD's, without having less then three episodes on a DVD. :)

Kali
11-10-2003, 11:05 AM
They could always "merge" the seasons. *shrugs* Don't know if they do that in the business or not.

Splinter
11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
They could always "merge" the seasons. *shrugs* Don't know if they do that in the business or not.
Nope, because 'Search for Splinter' is coming out March 23rd. And it's all but confirmed to have Episodes 24-25-26 from Season 1. "Lone Raph and Cub", "Search for Splinter", and "Search for Splinter 2". :)

Karpo_007
11-10-2003, 11:49 AM
It's more then possible to put 5 episodes on one DVD. And it would be realistically the only way to fit the season on DVD's, without having less then three episodes on a DVD. :)

Yes I know It's possible, but they might want to do 8 DVD's like the first season. That would mean breaking story arcs... I hope it doesn't come to that.

Ookami Blue
11-10-2003, 12:22 PM
I know I own Fruits Basket which was made by Funimation and they have six episodes per DVD so it IS something they can do without a problem.... if they will...well thats another matter...

:P

GK Punk
11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
I know I own Fruits Basket which was made by Funimation and they have six episodes per DVD so it IS something they can do without a problem.... if they will...well thats another matter...

:P

Yeah lots of anime DVDs do that, but when it comes to saturday morning cartoons, it's usually like 2 or 3. Why, I don't know.

Ookami Blue
11-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Probably so they can make more money....

Most Anime DVDS are only three or four usually...

Fruits Basket is a bit of a oddity I suppose....

:roll:

GK Punk
11-10-2003, 01:21 PM

Ya got that right.

(A hug? That's all it takes? :lol: )

Ookami Blue
11-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Ya got that right.

(A hug? That's all it takes? :lol: )

But who wouldn't want to hug them???

*evil grins*

http://icons.animecity.nu/FruitsB/_SWMSTF.jpg

http://icons.animecity.nu/FruitsB/_UGLSYT.jpg

BTW Grunger Kittie...love your Sig piccie!!

I havent' seen the new live action Sailor Moon yet, but I heard it is full of campy goodness

:evilgrin:

GK Punk
11-10-2003, 08:04 PM
lol it is, indeed it is. I love the show personally!

gobo
11-12-2003, 08:50 AM
Funimation doesn't do 5-ep discs. Three and four are the standard. On the extremely rare case of a promotional issue like Burger King's DBZ VHS, there will likely be only two. But, since this has to be okayed by 4kids, any promo TMNT releases will likely be 'best-of's anyway.

Splinter
11-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Funimation doesn't do 5-ep discs. Three and four are the standard. On the extremely rare case of a promotional issue like Burger King's DBZ VHS, there will likely be only two. But, since this has to be okayed by 4kids, any promo TMNT releases will likely be 'best-of's anyway.
They would have to do a 5-Episode Disc. Or re-organize the epiosdes. Just due to the fact they vowed that they would never split up story arcs. And they would never release a DVD with less then 3 episodes on it. :)

J Legault
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
For me I'll save some of my X-Mas money for Notes from Underground and Shredder Strikes back DVDs. Hopefully I'll buy the New TMNT videogame by X-Mas. What's good about the ones coming in January 13th is they both have 4 episodes each in them. And they might have different profiles on different charaters. Maybe a Shredder profile or a Splinter profile in one of them.

But I can't believe I need to wait 2 months for the last 6 episodes of S1 to be on DVD. I'm not impatient just the DVDs aren't doing the 6 week schdule
like the first 2 DVDs. by that time the last 2 for S1 are out S2 would be half way done by then. Since Season 2 will have more 4 part episodes than S1. So it is possible for 5 episodes to be on one disc. Not unless there'll be 2 disc DVDs involved. They'll work it out some how.

Ookami Blue
11-13-2003, 11:05 PM

As I said Funimation did Fruits Basket and each of those have 6 or 7 eps on it. actually the rep that I talked to for Funi at BAAF said they would like to move towards discs with larger numbers of episodes like Fruits Basket for a larger price...

Average Fruits Basket dvd was 39.99 compared to 29.99 for most anime.... in the longer run with all the disc the customer saves because you have less discs to buy.... but I am going off topic...

Anyway yes they can and will do 5 episode discs....

ThirdMarioBro
11-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Sailor Moon had 6 episodes per disc in both uncut and cut versions.

Misfit
11-16-2003, 04:05 PM
I like the idea of 5 episodes per DVD rather than 3. Slightly less money to be spent that way. Lets hope the UK S2 DVDs are released in the same way.

Mikey the Party Turtle
11-27-2003, 01:06 AM
Probably so they can make more money....

Most Anime DVDS are only three or four usually...

I'm fine with three eps per DVD. Why? No ****** picture quality. *Looks at his NGE and Dirty Pair DVDs which have six on one and four on the other* It isn't pretty. I wish that FUNi would make the cartoon have 5.1 Dolby Digital sound, the stereo stuff doesn't sound right....but the picture is awesome! (S-Video input + TMNT DVDs + Flat-screen TV = HEAVEN.)

Michaelangelo|DAH
11-27-2003, 03:11 PM
hey does anybody know if the next four discs will be released in a box set like the first four did????

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
11-30-2003, 08:00 PM
I hope they put more episodes on the DVDs.

Ninja Tiptup
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
No one knows "for sure" but I'd put my money on yes, but not until Spring of next year.

lunycrys
12-01-2003, 02:52 PM
got to love the dvd's though...had it not been for them i would not be able to see the show at all :)

i love my dvd's and dvd player:)