PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE please help

EZweasel
12-19-2003, 07:51 AM
ive been having the most trouble with my computer latley. my startup/task bar keeps freezing up. if like a new icon of a program pops up the whole thing flashes and it seems like theres a chance it will freeze up. ive tried alot of things. i have no clue of what to do. i need to install windows me oveer the top to see if im missing any files. someone told me it was something eating up my memory or something. im just not realy sure.

Bowser_Koopa
12-19-2003, 08:13 AM
check for viruses, this could be their fault

it could be adware, get ad-aware http://www.tucows.com/preview/236049.html and see if it helps

did you recently install any big program? like a new game window blinds, or an image editing program? check this at My Pc-->Control Panel (i don't konw if its like this in english)-->add or remove programs. for doing this it might be a good idea to enter with the safe mode (or failure prevent mode, i don't know, i had it in spanish), you do this by pressing f8 or f10 after the computer beeps, i'm not sure which one. this so it doesn't run anything that wasn't instaled by windows.

PizzaPower
12-19-2003, 01:29 PM
oh man that sucks. You gots a virus probly. Yup that might be it. My computer sued to do that when I had the worm.

One Radical Dude
12-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Well, it could be many things. It COULD possibly be a virus. There's a chance that you might have a lot of programs loaded, and you may have to disable a few things. Another problem could be the fact that you might have bad memory...or have some sort of memory leakage. Or....it may be time for you to get a new PC. Just my opinion.

Bowser_Koopa
12-19-2003, 01:54 PM
if you recently added ram memmory to your comp it could be that they don't match, they have to be the same everything, brand, bus, speed, blah blah

Kid Icarus
12-19-2003, 07:39 PM
also, check www.windows.com

they have the system update things on there. make sure you have all the bug fixes and updates (there's usually one every couple weeks or so).

Another thing you could do is decompress the hard drives. It dosent do much, but I've noticed it's helped my computer a few times.