PDA

View Full Version : TMNT on cartoon network!!!

Hannah
12-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Finally! They've actually put TMNT on cartoon network!!! I just watched "a better mousetrap", and it's like, awesome! I'm so glad to see that TMNT is popular again!

Eidiot88
12-30-2003, 03:33 PM
It has been playing since yesterday, it is only going up to Nano Epsiode 5. I think I heard if it gets good ratings they will buy the rest of the series to air.

Nosferatu
12-30-2003, 03:45 PM
I hope they do bring TMNT onto Cartoon Network as a permanent (or as long as the series lasts) addition. Hopefully, they'll air an episode every weekday like they are this week if they do bring it as a CN regular. I've missed quite a lot of the later episodes so this could be a good thing for me and others in my situation.

Splinter
12-30-2003, 04:30 PM
They actually already did buy the first 40 episodes ending at City at War pt. 1, which makes no sense. But anyway, they're showing the first 5 episodes now. And then judging by the ratings they'll decide when and at what time it will permanently join the channel. If ratings are so-so, probably not til April. If they're hot, it could start by Febuary. It's supposed to be on weekdays, is the current plan. We'll see when they get their numbers in. :)

J Legault
12-30-2003, 04:30 PM
I watched it yesterday just for the time to go by. I'll watch it again today in half in hour.

nimrod
12-30-2003, 05:20 PM
I didn't realize they were showing them on cartoon network allready. What days and times does it come on?

Splinter
12-30-2003, 05:36 PM
I didn't realize they were showing them on cartoon network allready. What days and times does it come on?
All this week at 4:00 Est., they're showing the first five episodes.

VaughnMichael
12-30-2003, 08:54 PM
was gonna post about this but got buisy...I hope the raitings are good...how do they find out how well a show goes anyways....one of those nelson things right...how does that even work?
so I wonder if it's doing well so far.....I missed the episode that was on today where they met april before it was nice to finally see it I really enjoyed it and it made me laugh allot....thing thats odd though....for some reason I get more excited when the episode come on cartoon network then I do when they come on foxbox lol....I hope this does well....It'd be great if it did so well that they decided to do what they did with the old show and make new episodes for the weekdays as well..
Vaughn Michael

MrPliggins
12-30-2003, 10:07 PM
agh...I keep planning on watching it, and then forgetting.... :roll:

FALLEN ELDOR
12-31-2003, 06:05 PM
i wish they started with season 2 :(

Jo Dawn
01-01-2004, 01:06 PM
The official TMNT site says that the the cartoon will begin showing daily in March. :)

Michaelangelo|DAH
01-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Yeah, i've read the same thing, I don't think it has anything to do about the ratings, Although it seems weird that they will air the first 5 episodes now, and then like wait 2 months to show the rest.

Here's the exact quote from the official site:
''The Cartoon Network will air the first five episodes of the new TMNT show beginning Monday, December 29 through Friday, January 2 at 4:00 PM EST! They'll begin airing the show daily in March of 2004!'' :wink:

Karpo_007
01-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Maybe they can''t show episodes before they have aired on the Fox box, and thats why they will wait. If the show would air daily, IE 5 episodes per week it wouldn't take long for them to catch up. Just a theory.

Michaelangelo|DAH
01-01-2004, 03:39 PM
yeah, i guess you're right!!!

Flash4em
01-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Nice you know what that means bigger fan base!

ThirdMarioBro
01-01-2004, 06:16 PM
and that's always a good thing.

Ninja Tiptup
01-01-2004, 07:12 PM
This is a test run to see how the ratings do. They put it in a place where kids would usually find some high rated programing (reruns of it that is). I'm REALLY hoping it goes to Toonami (so we could possibly watch it without its theme song... but even if it does are on Toonami it will probably retain its theme because most US shows do).

Brinatello
01-02-2004, 03:31 AM
The nice thing about the Cartoon Network run of TMNT is LESS commercial breaks! I can see where it's about to go into a commercial and continues playing non-stop! CN basically has two breaks while stupid Fox breaks in four times! No wonder it gives a feeling of short episodes. This also means we get to see more animation footage without the fade-out happening. Damn. Oh, well. I'll be buying the DVD soon enough and they are supposed to be the best.

Michaelangelo|DAH
01-02-2004, 06:11 AM
I'm REALLY hoping it goes to Toonami (so we could possibly watch it without its theme song... but even if it does are on Toonami it will probably retain its theme because most US shows do).

Why, don't you like the theme or is it just the theme song.
I think the new theme is Cool. I wasn't too happy about at first, but now!!! I really like it :D

Spectre
01-02-2004, 11:55 AM
I had no idea it was on Cartoon Network! Please tell me cuz' I want to see it. It's never in my tv book. Where did you find out. Tell me, O.K.?

Brinatello
01-02-2004, 02:20 PM
The best place to look up programs online is at Yahoo! TV:

http://tv.yahoo.com/

For local listings, enter your zip code so that the listings are pinpointed to your exact location of the cable provider. For me, TMNT airs on Cartoon Network at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Hope this helps!

Hannah
01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Sorry, but the first five episodes are over. Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Ninja Tiptup
01-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Don't worry much. CN has it and WILL show it by at least March, but if the ratings were great then they might bump that up a month or so.

Stone Ill
01-03-2004, 01:50 AM
That's really great for you Americans.

We've had it on Teletoon since September. :lol:

I think the newest episode they've shown was 'Monster Hunter'.

MasterMole
01-03-2004, 10:58 AM
The nice thing about the Cartoon Network run of TMNT is LESS commercial breaks! I can see where it's about to go into a commercial and continues playing non-stop! CN basically has two breaks while stupid Fox breaks in four times! No wonder it gives a feeling of short episodes. This also means we get to see more animation footage without the fade-out happening. Damn. Oh, well. I'll be buying the DVD soon enough and they are supposed to be the best.
Cartoon Network is great it has only one commercial in the middle of show.
Fox Box interrupts with three. It's outrageous. It will be great once the show airs daily on C.N.

Brinatello
01-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh, is it only one break on Cartoon Network? Thought I counted two. Might have left the room more than once to get food or something. But, still, waaaaay better than Fox! Ya know how hard it is to find the DVD Collection of the first 4 discs and a little turtle figgy? Not even Fryz had it and that's got a biiiiig selection!

Michaelangelo|DAH
01-04-2004, 04:50 AM
OMG, there are no breaks between series, cartoons or movies on the danish channels!!!
So no breaks when I watch TMNT

Spectre
01-10-2004, 08:41 PM
The best place to look up programs online is at Yahoo! TV:

http://tv.yahoo.com/

For local listings, enter your zip code so that the listings are pinpointed to your exact location of the cable provider. For me, TMNT airs on Cartoon Network at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Hope this helps!

This sucks. Where I come from It isnt even on at all on Cartoon Network. Friggin' cable provider. Well I guess it only comes on in certain areas like you said.

Oh well.

Splinter
01-10-2004, 10:07 PM
This sucks. Where I come from It isnt even on at all on Cartoon Network. Friggin' cable provider. Well I guess it only comes on in certain areas like you said.

Oh well.
It was only on for the one week, as a test run. It doesn't start showing regularly until Febuary. :)

Ninja Tiptup
01-11-2004, 03:36 AM
Feb? I thought it was March. Did it move up because of good ratings? That would be a killer filler on Toonami durring such a dry spell.

Splinter
01-11-2004, 03:37 AM
Feb? I thought it was March. Did it move up because of good ratings? That would be a killer filler on Toonami durring such a dry spell.
Ack, crap. I meant March. Damn cold medicine, a pox upon it. Yes, it's March. My bad. :)

Ninja Tiptup
01-11-2004, 04:05 AM
Nutz, you got my hopes up and everything...

Spectre
01-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Ack, crap. I meant March. Damn cold medicine, a pox upon it. Yes, it's March. My bad. :)

Aww Jeez. And for a second there I thought it was never going to be on.

Whew! Thats a relief.