PDA

View Full Version : Mutants in Mirage Comics???

MikesPizzaShack
01-06-2004, 12:29 PM
hey i only have a few mirage comics and i was wondering if there were any other mutants besides the TMNT/Splinter in the series? im so use to the Archie Adventures cuz there was atleast 1-3 if not mroe mutants in each issue not including the turtles/splinter...

Karpo_007
01-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Only other mutant that was mutated by ooze is Leatherhead, [unless you count the events in VOL. 4] So no there are no random mutants popping up every other issue. There are other non human chracters though.

VaughnMichael
01-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Only other mutant that was mutated by ooze is Leatherhead, [unless you count the events in VOL. 4] So no there are no random mutants popping up every other issue. There are other non human chracters though.
actully there was another that blood sucker guys I guess you could say was mutated because he sucked the mutated blood of raph...what's with people sucking on raphs blood lol
makes me wonder what happend to the vampires in the new series.
-Vaughn Michael

Michaelangelo|DAH
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
hmm, wasn't Savanti romero Mutated, Not by ooze but by ''Simultaneous'' I'm not sure, but almost

Karpo_007
01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
actully there was another that blood sucker guys I guess you could say was mutated because he sucked the mutated blood of raph...what's with people sucking on raphs blood lol
makes me wonder what happend to the vampires in the new series.
-Vaughn Michael

Yeah I know, but it wasn't the ooze directly mutating him like leatherhead.

PizzaPower
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM
no but in vol 4 issue 2 the dead bodys look mutation.

MikesPizzaShack
01-06-2004, 09:52 PM
so what issue was it that leatherhead became letherhead?

Karpo_007
01-07-2004, 07:07 AM
It was never shown, but he was raised by Utroms. His first appearance was in Tales #6.

Coola Yagami
01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
let's count up the archie guys..

tmnt- mutants
splinter- mutant
bebop, rocksteady- mutant
ace duck- alien
leatherhead- transformed by mary bones
wingnut and screwloose- aliens
jagwar- basically his half naked mom did it with a jaguar spirit...
dreadmon- some dude with a wolf talisman
man ray- mutant
mondo gecko- mutant
slash- alien
scratch- mutant, as were the other guys with him
scumbug and wyrm- mutants
chameleon- mutant

man. they did have alot of mutants but most of the others were due to other causes or they're just aliens.

impetus
01-20-2004, 07:48 PM
there were Dark Knight-esque guys in "Men of Shadow". I only bring this up because in DK those guys were mutants (not vampires) so maybe these parody guys were too. In any case that had nothing to do with "ooze" mutation like the TMNT. Leatherhead and Bloodsucker are the only ones I can remember.

Hmmm... Are any of the Mystery Men mutants? :lol:

Coola Yagami
01-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Bloodsucker? Who's that?

VaughnMichael
01-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Bloodsucker? Who's that?
http://www.pixilatedwhitewash.com/BloodSucker.jpg
http://www.pixilatedwhitewash.com/BloodSucker2.jpg
hope this helps
-Vaughn Michael

Coola Yagami
01-20-2004, 11:28 PM
A mutant leech...? He looks even scarier than Wyrm...

VaughnMichael
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
A mutant leech...? He looks even scarier than Wyrm...
exactly why I want them to make an episode about this story because one he's bas ass in my book and would not only make a great cartoon episode but a horror type of movie for the tmnt also would be good using the character....pluss if they do put him in the show the toy will be so cool looking most deffinatly one of my top 10 guys to be in the show and made into a toy.
-Vaughn Michael

Templar
01-21-2004, 12:19 AM
alot of it also depends on how you classify "mutant" too... as various anthromoph-animals are often referred to as "mutants" without actually being exposed to a mutating substance. (like say, Usagi Yojimbo from the mirage-published Leo/Usagi crossover)... but i wouldn't count the samurai bunny as a mutant personally, more an “alien” as the entire Usagi universe was populated by anthromorphs. Eric Larsen's "Savage Dragon" could also potentially fall under that category as well, citing the Image/mirage crossover... in the same way the Archie series had humans who were mutated to be more animal-like, rather than the other way around... but then characters like “Carnage” would count, and i disagree with that. (a lot also would depend on Laird's forthcoming "cannon"... as there's a lot of TMNT stories that may or may not affect continuity)

I do agree however that Veitch's Leech character from "the river" would count as being "mutated".

but yeah... mostly the TMNT's universe is populated by aliens and super-heroes... very very few mutated-animal characters actually made appearances in the Mirage books.

heretic888
01-21-2004, 08:45 AM
The only "mutant animals" in the series (thus far) are the turtles, Splinter, Leatherhead, and Leech.

Other non-human characters abound, however, such as vampires, superheros, werewolves (mentioned in one of the more recent issues), aliens, time wizards, demons, and so forth.