PDA

View Full Version : Dream...

Jarrah White
02-04-2004, 01:53 AM
If I had a million dollars I'd go to Saban Entertainment and buy the rights to Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirt, I'd like to take it off their hands. After purchasing the rights to the series I'd go and convince Laird I can turn the show around and make it appeal to ALL fans of the turtles. Firstly I'd make the new NM episodes at more dark and sinister (Think the Mirage comics), more ninja fights, more automotive craziness, more April & Casey, and of course, more Shredder :evilgrin: ! I'd probably get better costumes and mouth movments. And I'd include Venus, Bonesteel, Vam Mi, and a more ferrocious Dragon Lord in the new episodes.

Ah, everyone has their dream, please tell me yours.

Dane E5R
02-04-2004, 01:55 AM
My dream...Would be to become a Hollywood mega success and for Shakira to ditch her prince and fall madly in love with me.

Edit: Didn't realize this was all supposed to be turtle related.. Let's see.. There's a TMNT Independant film I've been meaning to make for close to 3 years now. I'd love for that to get off the ground.

turtleking
02-04-2004, 02:01 AM
my dream would be a movie star in a new turtles movie and I would be the evil utrom. Oh! wait I'm already an evil utrom from TCRI.

That Matt Guy
02-04-2004, 03:35 AM
I'd buy every known print of the Secret of the Ooze and then dump them all in a volcano. Then build a machine that would erase the existence of the film from mankind's conscience

Or build my own Megazord.

Jason
02-04-2004, 04:00 AM
I'd get the BBC to air the original Ninja Turtles cartoon uncut. I've never single episode of the 'real' original Ninja Turtles cartoon. All I have seen and taped is Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles from the BBC.

I also like to see an improved Ninja Turtles/Power Rangers crossover, since even though I'm a fan of both shows the last one was a bit dissapointing.

Reznorite420
02-04-2004, 06:59 AM
As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirtThat's a bad thing?

Matt: Secret of the Ooze wasn't the third movie, stupid :lol:

Kali
02-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think Mirage owns the rights to TNM...

Anyway, my dream is to write and draw a TMNT comic and see it published.

Karpo_007
02-04-2004, 11:39 AM
I'd buy every known print of the Secret of the Ooze and then dump them all in a volcano. Then build a machine that would erase the existence of the film from mankind's conscience

If you do, buy me a plane ticket and I'm there to help you :lol:

Albrecht
02-04-2004, 12:04 PM
id buy all turtle toys old and new.

raphael90
02-04-2004, 12:09 PM

Ouch...tad harsh. I don't hate the movie THAT much... :o

My dream is to be an industrial musician but that has nothing to do with TMNT though really eh? :D

Jarrah White
02-04-2004, 01:12 PM

Actually, according to Dan Berger Fox and Saban own the rights to TNM.

Ninja Tiptup
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM

Then you'll love this...

Fox Kids Communications and Saban were bought out by Disney. So now Disney owns TNM. Good luck getting it from them...

jeff the cheff
02-04-2004, 03:57 PM
If I had a million dollars I'd go to Saban Entertainment and buy the rights to Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirt, I'd like to take it off their hands. After purchasing the rights to the series I'd go and convince Laird I can turn the show around and make it appeal to ALL fans of the turtles. Firstly I'd make the new NM episodes at more dark and sinister (Think the Mirage comics), more ninja fights, more automotive craziness, more April & Casey, and of course, more Shredder :evilgrin: ! I'd probably get better costumes and mouth movments. And I'd include Venus, Bonesteel, Vam Mi, and a more ferrocious Dragon Lord in the new episodes.

Ah, everyone has their dream, please tell me yours.

If you had a million dollars, why change the next mutation? You would have to change so much about it to make it good, that it would probobly be better to make your own live action show how you want. Thats what I would do.

My dream would probobly be to have a PG-13 or R rated ninja turtle movie. How badass would that be?

Voltron
02-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I'd build a technodrome and trample cities...

Gremlin
02-04-2004, 04:06 PM

Then you'll love this...

Fox Kids Communications and Saban were bought out by Disney. So now Disney owns TNM. Good luck getting it from them...

Does anyone know why Disney refuses to release TV-series on DVD? Is there any special reason or are they just plain stupid (which is my guess :P )?

Ninja Tiptup
02-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Several reasons I'm sure...

They have a LOT of properties under their control.

They don't know what will sell.

They don't know how popular certain series are.

They have to focus mostly on their movies because those are guarenteed to make some dough.

And yes they're just plain stupid.

They also don't seem to want to put out true box sets. I haven't a clue why... Spider-Man and X-Men box sets would sell like hot cakes. As would Duck Tales, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, The Tick, Digimon, Power Rangers, etc.

Anonymous
02-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Me? I'd buy the Haunted Mansion. That's my dream.

jestergoblin
02-04-2004, 06:15 PM
I think a Technodrome would cost more than a million...

If I had a million, I'd take my girlfriend on a trip to Europe.

And spend what was left on ninja turtles, magic and videogames :wink:

azure turtle
02-04-2004, 06:57 PM
My dream? To have the entire run of the original cartoon released on DVD. Hopefully, that'll be happening soon.
*crosses fingers*
Oh, and I guess I'd like to own TNM on DVD as well. But the old 'toon takes priority. :D

turtleking
02-04-2004, 07:14 PM
My dream? To have the entire run of the original cartoon released on DVD. Hopefully, that'll be happening soon.
*crosses fingers*
Oh, and I guess I'd like to own TNM on DVD as well. But the old 'toon takes priority. :D

thats a pretty good dream were can I buy one like that.

J Legault
02-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I'd buy my own Oscar Meyour Weiner Car. That way everyone would know who I am.

impetus
02-04-2004, 09:10 PM

several flaws in your argument there, but the main one has to do with "convince Laird I can turn the show around and make it appeal to ALL fans of the turtles." :wink:

then there's the combination of "Think Mirage" and "Venus", lol. blasphemy!

Buslady
02-04-2004, 10:05 PM
My dream:

1st burn the master copies of TMNT III.
2nd bring the TMNT to real life
3rd claim Raphael as MINE!
Muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa~

Jarrah White
02-04-2004, 10:58 PM

Then you'll love this...

In that case, my I ask when did Disney buy Saban Entertainment?

Ninja Tiptup
02-05-2004, 12:42 AM
They bought it the year before the Fox Box started. In other countires there is still Fox Kids but not in the US and I believe the Fox Kids elsewhere is still owned by Disney.

Disney bought Fox Kids Communications and Saban which were the power behind Fox Family... which because ABC Family.

Disney loves owning Power Rangers. Heck man, they are airing Dino Thunder on TOON DISNEY.

They also like being able to release Marvel series in lame DVD compilations in order to cash in on the movies... but they'll only release DVD's that have ties to the family friendly series. Thus why the Blade episodes of Spider-Man weren't released and neither will the Punisher ones.

They've recently started liking owning Digimon because its showing up quite often now.

They've yet to air any other live action Saban series than Power Rangers. Which means they are just sitting on VR Troopers, Beatleborgs, Masked Rider, and of course The Next Mutation. However all but TMN might be out of their control now because at least Masked Rider has continued in Japan and the rights were revoked (meaning the seaosn 3 opener of MMPR will never air again).

They are sitting on a TON of properties. Big Guy and Rusty, all those Marvel Toons, and I think all the Nevlana series that Fox Kids aired (Sam & Max, Ned's Newt, etc.) not too mention Tokyo Pig, Shizno, and Daigunder which apparently didn't make their mark... and Samurai Pizza Cats which hasn't been aired since the mid 90's. (it may be in Bandai's hands though... but I'm guessing DVD's would have come out if it was).

Then of course there all of Disney's own cartoons which they haven't released on DVD and cram on to Toon Disney only to air the same episodes over and over and out of order. Its near impossible to catch a whole series on Toon Disney.

Disney is like the Roman empire. It's spreading it's power too thin. It's only a matter of time before it collapses... oh wait it already is.

Ninja Tiptup
02-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Here's a good dream to please most...

I'd air both the original and new version of TMNT on Cartoon Network on every country that has CN AND completely uncut everywhere.

Better yet... I'd make a channel devoted to TMNT which aired the old show, the new show, TNM every day. Multiple times a day.

turtleking
02-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Here's a good dream to please most...

I'd air both the original and new version of TMNT on Cartoon Network on every country that has CN AND completely uncut everywhere.

Better yet... I'd make a channel devoted to TMNT which aired the old show, the new show, TNM every day. Multiple times a day.

I like your dream can I help you air the cartoons.

Ninja Tiptup
02-05-2004, 03:16 PM
First we'll need a ton of cash to buy the rights to the old series from Hallmark (money grubbing jerks!) then we'd need to give it to CN for free so they'd actually air it. Then we'd have to pay them to air it everywhere. It'll cost some big dough but wouldn't it be grand?

Spectre
02-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Hallmark?

Oh, geez. That can't be.

I'd want the original series back on. NOW!!

Like that would ever happen. Lousy jerks. Oh, well its just my dream.

Jarrah White
02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
They bought it the year before the Fox Box started. .

So they bought it in 2002?

Jason
02-07-2004, 02:39 AM
They bought it the year before the Fox Box started. .

So they bought it in 2002?

Disney bought Saban/Fox Family/Fox Kids Worldwide near the end of 2001. All previous Saban productions from 2001 were rebranded BVS shows from the beginning of 2002. For example with Power Rangers the last episode in Nov 2001 was "Saban's Power Rangers" but the first new episode in Feb 2002 was just "Power Rangers" (with Disney credited at the end instead of Saban).

The Fox Kids block in the US was not included in the deal and sold seperately (to 4Kids). Fox Kids stayed on Fox until summer 2002. In Autumn 2002 Fox Box replaced it and Fox Kids programming (Power Rangers, Digimon etc) went on to ABC. The Fox Kids International channels (currently owned by Disney) will be renamed "Jetix" by the end of 2004 which is same name as Disney are now using in the US.

host_punktmy
02-08-2004, 11:02 AM
What you have overlooked about making the cartoon better is that if you bought the rights you would also have to have a budget with which to make the show better. If you haven't noticed the show is aimed at children, and the current owneres have the money to make it a decent show but the fact is that little kids don't give a damn if the mouth movements are right or if the turtles talk like they just had an od of opium.