or

Foot Headquarters.
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/2003/background/shredtower.jpg

host_punktmy
02-14-2004, 07:49 PM
the technodrome hands down

Anarky
02-14-2004, 07:51 PM
the drome, allthough i never got why it was that big (there weren't many people living in it) and what the eye was good for.

host_punktmy
02-14-2004, 07:52 PM
but its still really cool

Dane E5R
02-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I dig the sky scraper. The technodrome will always be sweet, though.

MW8979
02-14-2004, 08:25 PM
The technodrome.

host_punktmy
02-14-2004, 08:26 PM
i believe we have come to a unanymous decision

PanMan
02-14-2004, 08:28 PM
i always loved the technodrome 8)

host_punktmy
02-14-2004, 08:29 PM
i guess i just ate my own words. I just noticed that the new foot hq won on the poll

ZariusTwo
02-14-2004, 08:35 PM
The Technodrome

host_punktmy
02-14-2004, 08:36 PM
i just ate them again since the polls at 50/ 50 and gonna shut up so i dont eat them again

jeff the cheff
02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Interesting poll, the technodrome is way cooler to me. The skyscraper is alright but the technodrome has to be the coolest location in any cartoon.

Reznorite420
02-14-2004, 09:20 PM
The Technodrome for the simple fact that it looks so much more meanacing and intimidating. You don't see the Foot HQ equipped with gigantic lasers and a glaring eyeball now, do you?

Jarrah White
02-14-2004, 09:58 PM
The Technodrome for the simple fact that it looks so much more meanacing and intimidating. You don't see the Foot HQ equipped with gigantic lasers and a glaring eyeball now, do you?

No but you do see it equiped with plenty option extras, raising platforms, secret hanger doors, booby-trapped car parks, genectic experiments done bad, and mistic ninjas.

jeff the cheff
02-14-2004, 10:04 PM

No but you do see it equiped with plenty option extras, raising platforms, secret hanger doors, booby-trapped car parks, genectic experiments done bad, and mistic ninjas.

Yea, but the technodrome moves.

Reznorite420
02-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Plus it's an actual battle station ;)

Stone Ill
02-15-2004, 12:19 AM

Yea, but the technodrome moves.

:lol:

*votes Skyscraper*

Jarrah White
02-15-2004, 12:25 AM
Hmm, evenly matched I see... This could get ugly...

MrPliggins
02-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Well even though I like the new toon better than the old one..I said the Technodrome, just cuz it's so damn cool. I'd love to have one of my own. And we never even got to see all the rooms..I bet there's lots of surprises the Technodrome still holds....

Jarrah White
02-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Yes, just think of all the weapons of mass destruction it contains...

Shreddette
02-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Crap, ya know what?

I am actually sorta stuck, here... I like the Technodrome for it can travel anywhere (hey it's seen earths deepest depths) and it holds a lot more to the imagination, yet the skyscraper is definately cool because it is more *today* and hell, a supervillain is always super cool when it is in a ritzy sweetass skyscraper penthouse deal with a heli landing-- and, set right on top, something most people would not imagine would be set atop; a sweetass japanese temple.

Pretty damn wikid. All that said, I would have to say I prefer....

The Technodrome.

The penthouse is definately a tough runner up... but seeing as the technodrome is not only huge and mobile, which adds to the intimidation factor, I also think the writers can really work better with something that size (Ok I guess they could with the tower too but... it'd be a hell of a lot more far fetched) and make more of it if need be, IMO.

Plus it's classic. :tpizza:

Wes
02-15-2004, 04:59 AM
I'm in agreement with Shreddette here -- I had a hard time (well, not that hard; it's not like this is Kant here) deciding. At first, I thought, "Technodrome. Definitely."

But then I wasn't so sure -- partly because I associate this new tower with the Shredder's tower in Manhattan Missions, and a tower works really well in a video game (and they noted the similarities in the episodes where they fought to the top, I believe) because you've got multiple floors to battle through, each with its own bosses, etc. And yeah the Technodrome had that in the original TMNT game, but I hated that game. It also had levels in the other games, but they all looked the same and weren't very interesting, whereas in Manhattan Missions you had the oriental decor around the place, etc. (Where was it in TMNT3 that the battles with the paper tigers and the shogun spirit took place?)

Anyway, I still went with Technodrome. But I really do like the new tower (though less now than I did when I thought it was a demon stronghold, and that the Foot Mystics and Shredder himself were ancient warrior spirits) and I think that the Technodrome wouldn't have worked as well for the new series.

Someone should start a poll for best enemy transport vehicles (not counting the Technodrome). The driller modules get my vote. :lol:

PizzaPower
02-15-2004, 05:21 AM
well I am going to have to say that the Foot HQ is the best. You know, it sets it in the mood for Shredder and the Ultrums, plus it what also makes the story darker. Now admagine the new serius with the technodrome.

MW8979
02-15-2004, 06:32 AM
I think the Techndrome is the best for two reasons:

1. It was co-created by Krang, so it must and did have a lot of Dimension X technology, which was interesting.

2. It has a big eyeball staring right at you - intimidation value is off the charts. It really adds to the Technodrome's menacing presence.

Taloniss
02-15-2004, 06:33 AM
well I am going to have to say that the Foot HQ is the best. You know, it sets it in the mood for Shredder and the Ultrums, plus it what also makes the story darker. Now admagine the new serius with the technodrome.

If Shredder used it as a travelling weapon of mass destrction? That'd be pretty sweet. He could park it in the garage of his sky scraper!

I voted T-dome, it's one sweet base.

GK Punk
02-15-2004, 08:54 AM
The Technodrome, 'cause you can't roll over innocent people in a building

That Matt Guy
02-15-2004, 09:49 AM
I dunno how good the Technodrome actually is. It was always stuck somewhere.

ZariusTwo
02-15-2004, 02:53 PM

There would be nothing wrong with The Technodrome being in the new cartoon, the same with Snake Mountain being in the new He-Man cartoon, it became an INTEGRAL part of the storyline.

I would'nt mind if the Utroms started using it as thier next base of operations either

Jo Dawn
02-15-2004, 03:22 PM
The Technodrome, 'cause you can't roll over innocent people in a building

:lol:

This was a hard decision... the Technodrome is so cool...

But I had to go with the skyscraper. I think it's somewhat more... devious (if that's the word I'm looking for) that it was right out in the open and all this stuff was going on in it... and nobody knew.

I mean, I'll always like the T-Drome and all, don't get me wrong... but I also like the skyscraper. (I shouldn't have to think this hard on my day off! :wink: :lol: )

THE-X-FLO
02-15-2004, 03:28 PM
I dunno how good the Technodrome actually is. It was always stuck somewhere

Just watch the "The Big Blow Out" episode and you'll see the true power of the Technodrome.

Kali
02-15-2004, 04:17 PM
I answered this question by asking myself which one I'd want as my base of operations. No contest, the New Foot HQ. I'll admit, the Technodrome is cool and evil and powerful, but it's so obvious! There's nothing else it could be besides a villain's base. I'm more for subtly in my evil plotting...

Jo Dawn
02-15-2004, 08:33 PM
I answered this question by asking myself which one I'd want as my base of operations. No contest, the New Foot HQ. I'll admit, the Technodrome is cool and evil and powerful, but it's so obvious! There's nothing else it could be besides a villain's base. I'm more for subtly in my evil plotting...

Subtly. That's the word I was looking for in my post! That's what I was trying to get at. :)

Spectre
02-15-2004, 08:52 PM
I am all about the T-Dome here! That thing is wicked cool. The skyscraper is cool, but it doesn't have the same things as the T-Dome does.

Wes
02-15-2004, 11:36 PM
I think subtlety is the word you guys were looking for. "Subtly"'s an adverb (same base, though). :)

And Kali: You'd want the new HQ over your base of operations? The Technodrome had a friggin' eyeball atop it! Yes, it's hardly subtle, but honestly I don't think the new base is all that subtle either -- everyone knows there's always something shady going on inside a major corporation building. But no major corporation buildings have giant eyeballs atop them. :wink:

Jarrah White
02-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I think subtlety is the word you guys were looking for. "Subtly"'s an adverb (same base, though). :)

And Kali: You'd want the new HQ over your base of operations? The Technodrome had a friggin' eyeball atop it! Yes, it's hardly subtle, but honestly I don't think the new base is all that subtle either -- everyone knows there's always something shady going on inside a major corporation building. But no major corporation buildings have giant eyeballs atop them. :wink:

Has anyone ever wondered what the eyeball's function was? A perescope perhaps?

GK Punk
02-15-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought it shot lazers or something. or maybe that was just in the video games.

raphael90
02-16-2004, 12:06 AM
I have no idea what the eye did on the Technodrome. The Technodrome was cool, no doubt about that. Rolling around underneath the city sounds incredibly fun, using lasers to blow away rock and making ridiculously large tunnels.

THE-X-FLO
02-16-2004, 05:27 AM
Not only the eye on top of the Technodrome was made to intimidate, but it was also a gigantic antenna used to launch tractor beams (Super Irma), to blast entire cities with a single shot (Atlantis Awakes) or to open huge portals to Dimension X (Shredder Triumphant).
btw, I will always be faithful to the Technodrome, it's for me the best villain base ever, but the Foot HQ is still great.

MW8979
02-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Yeah, it looks like that eyeball was some sort of an energy transmitting/receiving device. But that big trident on the front of the Technodrome was also involved in stuff like that sometimes. Hard to find consistency.

THE-X-FLO
02-16-2004, 09:10 AM
But that big trident on the front of the Technodrome was also involved in stuff like that sometimes. Hard to find consistency.

Well that one was a laser gun..
But if you refer to the two top cannons which were aiming pointlessly at the sky, I don't get the point of these.. Except that they contributed to the flawless design of the Technodrome..

Ace Duck
02-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Is anybody else perplexed by the physics of the Technodrom sucking itself into Dimension X in "The Shredder Is Splintered"?

THE-X-FLO
02-17-2004, 06:08 AM
I don't get your question.. You mean it can't suck itself like that?

MW8979
02-17-2004, 07:10 AM
If we're going to talk physics here, either one of two things would have happened there. Either the Technodrome would really just collapse on itself, thus crushing everything inside, or it would disintegrate, as bit by bit it was sucked into the portal. I don't have a major in interdimensional portals, but I think the Technodrome really wouldn't make it out of it intact.

That Matt Guy
02-17-2004, 08:44 AM
It's just a cartoon. It doesn't have to make sense.

MW8979
02-17-2004, 09:02 PM
I agree. That's part of the charm of the old show.

Reznorite420
02-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Sheesh, hasn't anybody thought of the most logical reason what the eye was for...THE CAMERA???? ;)

J Legault
02-17-2004, 10:12 PM
The Technodrome was good for the old cartoon. Very 80's like.
Not saying that I don't like it. Since it was suitable for the old show.

I vote for The Foot HQ. It's a private skyskaper that has really good Japenese texture in it. I always wounder who was the architect for the designs or when it was first built in N.Y.

I give it best locations of Season 1. Now the building is no longer a secret to the public and police. I wounder what Shredder next hideout will be? :roll: