PDA

View Full Version : Possible Season 3 Peek - Klunk Debut!!

Splinter
03-13-2004, 09:17 AM
It looks like we have a hint that Klunk is on the way to the new toon. Though it's not for sure. But the "Ready to Read" book series from Scolastic Books has a new series of TMNT stories coming out. Most of them are adaptions of various episodes of the toon. "The Unconvincing Turtle Titan", "Meet Casey Jones" and "The Monster Hunter". But curiously enough, in April they are releasing one that's not an adaption of an episode of the cartoon.

The story is entitled, "The Secret". And it sounds like it's the first appearance of everyone's favorite Mirage Feline. Unfortunatly it doesn't sound like Klunks debut will be in an adaption of "Michaelangelo #1". I'll have to pick this one up, it sounds quite intresting. Here's the plot synopsis and a link to the book. I wonder what Splinter's secret is? Maybe he's afraid of cats. After all, that would be a natural fear, given that he was once a normal rodent. :)
Raphael gives Michaelangelo a cat for his birthday, but Splinter rules that no cats are allowed in their home. Michaelangelo decides to secretly keep the cat, but Splinter soon finds out--and reveals a secret of his own.
TMNT: The Secret (http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?N=35&Nso=0&R=621540&act=A03&Ns=Availabili tyID&Item=978068986965&Section=books&Catalog=Books &Lang=en&mscssid=907PG0CEUNHH9P5WLUSLHNFHLG4D311D& WSID=21037BEE52E310374B65851BD77D99D368525511)

[Thanks to HayashibaraMegumi for the heads up]

Demonfox38
03-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "KITTY!!"

Aw, that has got to be a cute book. Do tell us more about it when you get it!

Utrom
03-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Well, that's interesting! Do you think this means that they won't make the Michelangelo One-shot? I hope not! :cry:

Jo Dawn
03-13-2004, 10:15 AM
Aww... Raph get him the cat? That's sweet. :) So, these're coming out in April??

cqb101
03-13-2004, 10:21 AM
KITTY

*snuggles Klunk* I must have this book!

rayfillet101
03-13-2004, 06:00 PM
maybe this is the christmas episode? Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?

Buslady
03-14-2004, 02:48 AM
YAY for Scholastic! My son's dying to read TMNT stories. He is a fantastic reader as it is. I hate when I have to tell him there's no TMNT books...I'm soooooo happy...I can tell him YEAH they're COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope Klunk gets to see life in the toon...but Raph giving him a cat? Kinda doesn't sound like him but you never know with him. He has a soft spot somewhere under that hard shell.

Eidiot88
03-14-2004, 05:17 AM
I will defently be picking some of those up, for me and my neice... She loved the first movie and the new 'toon :D .

Machias Banshee
03-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?

yeah, theyre quadruplets, but.... they might have done something like, choose one day in the year, and that will be your 'birthday'. that way, they get to celebrate their birthdays and enjoy one special day for themselves... :D

This is definitely a season three ep in the making, no doubt about it. we'll have to keep an eye out for more books... :evilgrin:

rayfillet101
03-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Is there a website I can go to to see the other books? That website only listed monsterhunter and secrets

Jo Dawn
03-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Check BarnesandNoble.com. I did a search on there and a lot more books came up.

Hannah
03-14-2004, 04:03 PM
-falls in- Omph!

-gasp- KITTY! :o

I've got to get this.. Raph's only nice once in a blue moon, Lol.

Whitewolf89
03-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Amen! I've got to get these, too...Turtle nut that I am. And Jo Dawn, thanks for the heads-up on barnesandnoble.com; I'll check the website out later. And, luckily for me, Springfield, MO, about two hours away from where I live, just happens to HAVE a Barnes & Noble Bookstore located in it. Gotta check it out the next time we go up there. Hmmmm, wonder if the store will be carrying the TMNT books? If they have them, I'mm probably wind up walking out of the store flat broke, knowing me! :tlove: :tlol: :tsmile: :tcool:

Jester
03-18-2004, 04:04 PM
YAY for Scholastic! My son's dying to read TMNT stories. He is a fantastic reader as it is. I hate when I have to tell him there's no TMNT books...I'm soooooo happy...I can tell him YEAH they're COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are some....just old ones....chapter books even....i had some...but got rid of them a while ago since i'm now 19

Hey If its mikeys birthday wouldnt it be Raphs Donnies and leos too?

yeah, theyre quadruplets, but.... they might have done something like, choose one day in the year, and that will be your 'birthday'. that way, they get to celebrate their birthdays and enjoy one special day for themselves... :D
Well...do they really have to be quadruplets....i mean just cause their brothers doesn't mean the share a birthday and besides they might be only siblings through splinter "We're petshop turtles, born and breed on a turtle farm." though that might have been a ploy for the boys to fall for the girl tmnt in NM

nibrok
03-20-2004, 08:52 AM
I am only 15 but ive been watching the turtle since i was 4 or so and i still cant get enough of them. I have some of the old old books of theirs (The abc's of a clean planet for one) and i cant wait to get the new ones.

nibrok
03-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Amen! I've got to get these, too...Turtle nut that I am. And Jo Dawn, thanks for the heads-up on barnesandnoble.com; I'll check the website out later. And, luckily for me, Springfield, MO, about two hours away from where I live, just happens to HAVE a Barnes & Noble Bookstore located in it. Gotta check it out the next time we go up there. Hmmmm, wonder if the store will be carrying the TMNT books? If they have them, I'mm probably wind up walking out of the store flat broke, knowing me! :tlove: :tlol: :tsmile: :tcool:

i love that picture of yours i remember that episode pretty well.

Jester
03-20-2004, 02:08 PM
i had a book called Red Herring....i don't know if u can find it anywhere....maybe e-bay

Gremlin
03-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry if I come in here and break up all your happiness about this Klunk thingie... But who the hell is that character and what makes it so special?

Splinter
03-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Sorry if I come in here and break up all your happiness about this Klunk thingie... But who the hell is that character and what makes it so special?
Klunk is Mikey's pet cat from Mirage that he found while he was shopping for Christmas gifts for his Brothers and Splinter. Here's a quick synopsis. And follow the link for more information.

Klunk was originally discovered by Michaelangelo in a snowstorm just after the Turtles returned from their journey across D’hoonib, Triceraton space, and the Utrom homeworld, when Mike went out Christmas shopping. He stayed with the Turtles in April O’Neil’s "Second Time Around" store until the Foot Clan burned it down. He then moved with them to Casey Jones’ farm in Northampton and stayed there until they moved back to Manhattan. Klunk since remained in April’s apartment complex, staying with April, Casey, and Casey’s stepdaughter, Shadow. He later went into hiding in the Turtles’ mausoleum lair in Westwood Cemetery with them, when Shadow’s safety became jeopardized, but that was only temporary.

http://members.fortunecity.com/neodevilbane/klunk.html

Bourgeois Buffoon
03-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Heh heh heh. Keedy.

Naw, really, Klunk is cool. I can only hope they make fun of Mikey's naming albility. ;)

Machias Banshee
04-21-2004, 10:02 PM
*sigh*

I just found a lil tidbit of info.

THE CAT IS NOT KLUNK

..thats right. I just found out from Mikey's TMNT site, that it is about a cat named "Balloons"

Maybe its Klunks Mama... :(

cqb101
04-22-2004, 06:46 AM
*sigh*

THE CAT IS NOT KLUNK

..thats right. I just found out from Mikey's TMNT site, that it is about a cat named "Balloons"

That's ********. ******** I say! ********!

rayfillet101
04-23-2004, 04:47 PM
That makes me mad! I will probaly still get the book to expand on my third grade vocabulary though :lol:

cqb101
04-23-2004, 07:32 PM
That makes me mad! I will probaly still get the book to expand on my third grade vocabulary though :lol:

LOL. We all know you need it, too. :wink: :P

Aztec General
04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
*sigh*

THE CAT IS NOT KLUNK

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Klunk IS the TMNT's cat. Why not name their human female friend Danielle? Why would they change the name?

rayfillet101
04-26-2004, 03:57 AM
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Klunk IS the TMNT's cat. Why not name their human female friend Danielle? Why would they change the name?
Danielle, I never thought of that one! Thats a good name, hmmm fanific revamp time! :lol:

Kali
04-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Danielle, I never thought of that one! Thats a good name, hmmm fanific revamp time! :lol:
Ironically, someone does have a fan fic character/female friend of the Turtles named Danielle.

rayfillet101
04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Ironically, someone does have a fan fic character/female friend of the Turtles named Danielle.
Wow I like their way of thinking, great name choice! Hmm I think we should have a new Triceriton Prime Minister and name it Bob :-? It really makes me mad that Balloons is the name. Maybe Balloons gives brith and They keep one???

cqb101
04-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow I like their way of thinking, great name choice! Hmm I think we should have a new Triceriton Prime Minister and name it Bob :-? It really makes me mad that Balloons is the name. Maybe Balloons gives brith and They keep one???

That's what I'm hoping.

Hannah
05-14-2004, 11:02 AM
*sigh*

THE CAT IS NOT KLUNK

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

KROW
06-21-2004, 08:49 PM
I don't know. In the original book, Mikey found Klunk on Christmas before chasing down some hoodlums that were stealing toys.

I won't buy it. Not for that reason, though.

zkarlette
08-19-2004, 02:02 PM
I just saw that book yesterday and yes the cat name is ballons :lol: but at the end she has babies so maybe one of them will become klunk who knows :-?

And dont all the turtles have the same birthday?????

Ra
09-11-2004, 03:23 PM
i don't know...it's creepy though...if Raph gave Mike the cat... *evil grin* maybe we are seeing a soft side to the hard shell...or not! :lol: