PDA

View Full Version : The Rat King

The Turtle Messiah
03-18-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm just trying to remember if the Rat King?(if that was the characters name. All i remember was he was usually covered in rats) was totally evil or kinda of a half decent guy. I just remember the episode where he hypnotised Splinter.

Jarrah White
03-18-2004, 05:08 PM
I saw him in The Great Boldini.

THE-X-FLO
03-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Well he was totally evil, exept for the Return of the Fly where he kinda helped the Turtles (but it was to lure them into Baxter's trap maybe.. I hardly remember)

The Turtle Messiah
03-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info.

Orochi Chimera
03-18-2004, 05:25 PM
The Rat King was a bit crazy if I remember correctly.

VaughnMichael
03-18-2004, 05:39 PM
No Matter what series he was in I loved him!
I'm sure we will be seeing him in the new show....probablly not so much as a villian but like more of a life guid but I could be and am probably wrong.
-Vaughn Michael

Drtooth
03-18-2004, 08:08 PM
I think there was a lot of potential to make him this crazy guy and not just another cartoon villain (he was just too much like every other character on the show in episodes like Splinter Vanishes ... the one where he teams up with Leather head)

But I gotta say, I liked him in Pizza buy the foot (where he's a crazy guy trying to get food, and inadvertantly foiling Shredder) and Return of the Fly (Where he agrees to help for some reason)

I think he's best as a neutral party, not a bad guy.

MW8979
03-19-2004, 07:57 AM
Yeah, he is a neutral bad guy, although he tends to team up with Shredder. Gotta love the way they got rid of him in the end though, that was a pretty good episode. If this wasn't a children's cartoon, they would have probably killed him too.

MrPliggins
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
If I remember correctly, the action figure of the Rat King didn't have a "foot" symbol or a "turtle shell" symbol next to his name...so I always thought he was not really bad or good, just crazy.

DrSpengler
03-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he is a neutral bad guy, although he tends to team up with Shredder. Gotta love the way they got rid of him in the end though, that was a pretty good episode. If this wasn't a children's cartoon, they would have probably killed him too.

?

What happens to him?

Deathknight
03-19-2004, 06:40 PM
The Rat King isn't really on a specific side. He just chooses which side will make him superior. Generally that's the evil side but in Return of the Fly it made him feel superior to the turtles to have him help. Also helping the turtles gave him revenge in Donatello's Duplicate.