PDA

View Full Version : Kamen Rider 555

CookSux
03-29-2004, 06:40 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I recently just started watching the show... and I have to say that it's one of the greatest LA shows I've ever seen. It literally blows all of the Sentai and other Toku show out of the water. Of course I haven't seen much... but from what I've seen of Kamen Rider Blade, Faiz tops it. In the last couple days I've seen eps 1-22 and I'm still waiting for more. I'm glad that by the time I finish, TV-Nihon will get the rest of the series done.

03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Sailor Moon Live Action.

All I need to say.

Kid Icarus
03-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Sailor Moon Live Action.

All I need to say. Yup.

Although I might have to check in to the Kamen Rider (Kamen means mask! I actually learned something from Bishojo Sentai Sailor Moon! :o ). I wanna find the Japanese version of what our first season of MMPR was though... I've heard it's supposed to be MUCH better.

Ninjatron
03-29-2004, 08:10 PM
I saw 2 random episodes of 555. It was interesting, far darker and angstier than I imaginged it would be. Didn't really ring my bell but perhaps I'd change my tune if I had seen it from the begining. Blade is pretty interesting.

I prefer GrandSazer. I love that show.

I wanna find the Japanese version of what our first season of MMPR was though... I've heard it's supposed to be MUCH better.
Depends on what "MUCH better" means to you, I guess. I saw 2 episodes and I didn't think they were that great. But I guess one could say that they were better than the MMPR version. They're not "teenagers with attitudes", they're anicent warriors or something like that.

Sayonara.

Raven
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
ive never heard of the show

CookSux
03-29-2004, 10:24 PM
The show that MMPR was based off is called Zyuranger. T-N has the first two episodes subbed... I think it's dated... but I like it. Dairanger is a lot better.

Ninjatron, I was an avid fan of Gransazar then I stopped watching it when 22 and 23 were released... I even loved Dekaranger. But instead of watching those, I watched the first ep of Kamen Blade and realized the more dramatic cinematography, acting, and less 'cheese' so to say. So looking for a more mature show and I had nothing else to watch, I started watching Faiz... and man it's an awesome show. Slow start, but it's hard to stop watching once yo uget the ball rolling.

http://i.xanga.com/CookSux/006.jpg

Starscream
03-30-2004, 07:41 AM
I was hoping to watch it but the only eps TV-N has on BT are 26-40. I can go through mIRC to get 1-25 but it's an incredible pain to get through for me. I get stuck on the triggers.

I've been d/l Gransazer and I love that show. The d/l have been extremely slow on them the past couple of days but I have 1-8 and I'm digging it far more than I thought I would.

MikesPizzaShack
03-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Sailor Moon Live Action.

All I need to say. Yup.

Although I might have to check in to the Kamen Rider (Kamen means mask! I actually learned something from Bishojo Sentai Sailor Moon! :o ). I wanna find the Japanese version of what our first season of MMPR was though... I've heard it's supposed to be MUCH better.

i have a site that i will laer post it has the entire history of the japanese power rangers. its a kewl site. ive seen a few eps of the jap vers and ya they are better but remember things will be diff since it is the original ver. and i think that the yellow ranger in jap was a guy also. funny huh?

Anarchistguy
03-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Sailor Moon Live Action.

All I need to say. Yup.

you mean Zyuranger? I heard it was good,too.

CookSux
03-30-2004, 02:29 PM
I was hoping to watch it but the only eps TV-N has on BT are 26-40. I can go through mIRC to get 1-25 but it's an incredible pain to get through for me. I get stuck on the triggers.

I've been d/l Gransazer and I love that show. The d/l have been extremely slow on them the past couple of days but I have 1-8 and I'm digging it far more than I thought I would.

I've been on their channel, and getting the eps isn't that bad... just have an fserve and you get voice. A lotta fserves give +v and +@ priority, so you pretty much jump on top of the queues. Besides, a lotta the BT on their site have 0 seeds. I got eps 1-30 in around 4 days?

Gransazar is a great show... wait till you get to ep 22 :P Anyone else think Impactor Lucia is a mommasita?

Starscream
03-30-2004, 02:29 PM
the Japanese PR site is supersentai.com, I imagine. It's the best site out there for sentai. Too bad there isn't a site like that for Kamen Rider. That'd be fantastic. As far as what Zyuranger is like, they have the first two eps of it over at tv-nihon.com, in case you wanna check it out.

Starscream
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
I've been on their channel, and getting the eps isn't that bad... just have an fserve and you get voice. A lotta fserves give +v and +@ priority, so you pretty much jump on top of the queues. Besides, a lotta the BT on their site have 0 seeds. I got eps 1-30 in around 4 days?

Gransazar is a great show... wait till you get to ep 22 :P Anyone else think Impactor Lucia is a mommasita?

Everything you said in that first paragraph just flew over my head. I was reading the directions for it and it says to type the trigger into text bar at the bottom, and that's where I get stuck at. It doesn't give me another window or anything.

Anyways, I'm eyeing some Gransazer stuff over at hlj.com but it seems they don't have many of the action figures, just like 6 of them. The episodes are finally d/l though at what appears to be less than 0 KBs but at least they're moving somewhat. I hope this show lives on again next year.

Kid Icarus
03-30-2004, 02:38 PM
i have a site that i will laer post it has the entire history of the japanese power rangers. its a kewl site. ive seen a few eps of the jap vers and ya they are better but remember things will be diff since it is the original ver. and i think that the yellow ranger in jap was a guy also. funny huh? I've done some reading up on it, so i know a bit... and i've always kinda knew the yellow ranger was a dude. i mean, if it was REALLY a chick, why's the chest so flat?

Ninjatron
03-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Man, Gransazer 22 was crazy! I mean, you kinda knew what was going to happen by the episode title, but the final result was totally unexpected!

Anyone else think Impactor Lucia is a mommasita?
Oh yeah! Gransazer has some great looking girls!

You know what's really funny is how they didn't use the actual rangers from DaiRanger in Power Rangers. I think I figured out why. The yellow ranger has a very... interesting fighting style! *Hic*

And I'd be remiss if I did not bring attention to this fine piece of work:
http://www.sykografix.com/articles/article21/index.html

Sayonara.

Raven
03-30-2004, 09:49 PM
The show that MMPR was based off is called Zyuranger. T-N has the first two episodes subbed... I think it's dated... but I like it. Dairanger is a lot better.

oh now i know what your talking about know.

CookSux
03-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Everything you said in that first paragraph just flew over my head. I was reading the directions for it and it says to type the trigger into text bar at the bottom, and that's where I get stuck at. It doesn't give me another window or anything.

Just PM me if you have any probs... my nick is CookSux.

Man, Gransazer 22 was crazy! I mean, you kinda knew what was going to happen by the episode title, but the final result was totally unexpected!

Yeah, I just found it funny that the makers of Gransazar (Tohu) also make Godzilla... now THAT'd be a tight scene.

CookSux
04-02-2004, 01:08 PM
GAH... T-N released eps 41 and 42 last night. I think at this point I want the show to just be over. Throughout the series it had a Smallville flair to it... and that was one thing I didn't like about Smallville. Lana and Clark... not knowing this or that and whatever. Faiz is pretty much like a whole bunch of interconnected people who haven't met certain people who know certain things and blah until pretty late. Pisses me off.