PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that the 3rd movie would have been better

Orochi Chimera
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
if they went to a lot of different places in time instead of just one? They should have went to many different places and just called it TMNT Turtles in Time like the game. Well that's my opinion anyway. Anyone agree or have other ideas how it might have been better?

redsai4lex
03-30-2004, 01:49 PM
the action kicked @$$

the plot could've been better...

bring out another villan from the cartoon,
since super-shredder was dead...

Bebop & Rocksteady could've easily
took the place of Tokka and Razar

In the 3rd movie they could've

had Leatherhead or Rat King

maybe even Krang & General Tragg

was it too hard to make some more costumes...?

i guess so considering the TMNT looked so fake
in comparison to the 1st movie...

Demented Utrom
03-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Keep Shredder alive that is what made the movie stink in the first place.

Orochi Chimera
03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
I would have liked them to go to different times or perhaps different dimensions. That would have been a perfect excuse to through in a bunch of the characters from the cartoon.

Kali
03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Costumes aside, I think the movie could have been better with the simply inclusion of Renet. Then, they could either go to one time, like ancient Japan and lose the scepter like they did, or get "chased" through time by some villain.

Taloniss
03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Chasing through time would have indeed been sweet, but, given the costumes they had, I don't really think they had the budget to do that.

Maybe if we get a new movie, the sequal could be a time chaser.

trax90210
03-30-2004, 02:06 PM
They could have made it like the SNES video game turtles in time, that would have been sweet :trazz:

Splinter
03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I actually think the third movie is quite good. And is somewhat based on the Mirage comics. Even though the Turtle suits were poor. And Splinter looked awful. But it incorperated not only the Scepter of Time. But also seems to be based on the issue that Mikey's writing a story about himself lost in Feudal Japan looking for his brothers. Of course just like the first movie, they took the original story and made Raphael the focus. :)

Orochi Chimera
03-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Costumes aside, I think the movie could have been better with the simply inclusion of Renet. Then, they could either go to one time, like ancient Japan and lose the scepter like they did, or get "chased" through time by some villain.

Who's Renet? I may know the character but have forgotten the name.

VaughnMichael
03-30-2004, 02:25 PM
in my opinion it would have been better if the jim henson company did the costumes again even though he didnt really like the turtles and it was his son brian who talked him into it.
also the movie would have been amazing if it had Shoat, Saventie Ramero(sp), & Renet. it seems to me thats what this movie was based after and thats what was left out hell we even got a shogun shoat action figure makes me wonder if he was going to be in the movie.
-Vaughn Michael

Orochi Chimera
03-30-2004, 02:30 PM
in my opinion it would have been better if the jim henson company did the costumes again even though he didnt really like the turtles and it was his son brian who talked him into it.

Jim Henson company(I think it used to be called something else years ago) has done some amazing stuff with costumes/puppets.

d_osborn
03-30-2004, 02:34 PM
was 3 always planned on being the time adventure, or was there other ideas or scripts floating around?

VaughnMichael
03-30-2004, 03:04 PM

Jim Henson company(I think it used to be called something else years ago) has done some amazing stuff with costumes/puppets.
Jim Henson was an amazing man not a day goes by that I don't miss him and wish he was still alive i look up to him like i do kevin and peter for creating charcters loved by millions. it will be a very sad day when they go as well I'm not to fond of his son brian for bad buisness he does but he can't be like his father Jim henson was a very special man with a vision and because of him and his time puppets an animatronics have come a very far way in our world today I wish he was alive to see the Palisades muppet action figures line it's such a beautiful line of toys.
-Vaughn Michael

Kali
03-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Who's Renet? I may know the character but have forgotten the name.
Renet is the "Time Mistress" who accompanied the Turtles on many time-travel adventures in the Mirage books. She used a magic scepter to go through time. Kinda ditzy, but a good kid, she matures a lot in the series.

redsai4lex
03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Jim Henson's workshop...

J Legault
03-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I guess that's why the costumes and Splinter look way different than the first 2 cause Jim Henson workshop wasn't involved with the third. That explains my question.

I mind the Moive not having much in command with the comics or cartoon.
I still like it. I could of done some changes to it if I were in charge of it, but still good to me.

Drtooth
03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
As you can easily tell by Angus MacGonacle as my Avatar, I am a rabbid Muppet fan.

I think that they really should have done the suits for the third movie, but I'm guessing they didn't have the budget for them (too bad!) As I recall, they made the first one on a budget just so they could hire the Jim Henson Creature Shop (the correct name for the workshop).

The costumes weren't terrible... just not too good. At leat they aren't the "Christmas with the Turtles" suits.... ghastly!

If Renet and Romero (forgive me if I get the name wrong) were in it, it would be cake... though if they made the Romero suit like the Turtles... err... I'd preferr him not in the movie.

The only other thing I really had a problem with was the British counterpart of Casey Jones. the American Casey Jones, I feel really helped the movie. It actually was pretty good, it could have been better. I feel that characters Like Bebop and Rocksteady couldn';t be in the movie because the movies were more comic book and less cartoon. In fact only the masks and reporter April were the only toon things incorperated into the films.

With that said, I'm going to have to review Secret of the Ooze. I need to get a DVD or something, though. I feel if Shredder (and Vanilla Ice) weren't present they could have done more, like incorperating Utroms (at least saying that one was left behind) from the original concept.

spikealike
03-31-2004, 02:36 PM
I actually quite like TMNT III and prefer it to the TMNT II. However, Casey Jones was a waste... might as well have not had him in it in the first place if all they did was make him look after the Japanese guys (although, those scenes were good).

trax90210
03-31-2004, 04:49 PM
there is know way anyone can like number 3 better than number 2, in my opinion :trazz:

Dane E5R
03-31-2004, 05:01 PM
I also like 3 over 2, AND I agree that if Savanti Romero and Renet were included, as well as Henson suits, the movie would have been terrific.

ImUntouchable
03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
i didnt see number 3 :(

Meira-Bates
03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
there is know way anyone can like number 3 better than number 2, in my opinion :trazz:

Well that's an odd opinion...cause someone else already stated they did on this thread and I second them as I have many times before on this board. I liked movie 3 better than 2. -.- Personaly the 2nd movie was WAY too off for me. Super Shredder and Vannila Ice and lack of Utroms and lack of weapons...no where near to par with the first movie, not that movie 3 is either. From my veiw point I can't see why so many people like movie 2 so much more than 3. Anyhow I'm probably biased toward 3 anyway since I like Japan so much. x.X

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
They could have made it like the SNES video game turtles in time, that would have been sweet :trazz:

I was hoping that they would make a remake of that game but it will probably never happen.