PDA

View Full Version : About the TMNT Teddy Ruxpin tapes

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know if they are subtitled or do they use closed captioning for the text? I have one of the tapes on the way and was wondering if I'm going to get stuck with subtitles on the tape.

MikesPizzaShack
04-01-2004, 01:08 PM
do u mean the old tapes? cuz i used to have a teddy ruxpin tape or to and i had the talking doll and his centipede friend. as far as i remember they didnt have subtitles since they were american made. and im pretty sure none of the old TMNT tapes had subs either. they didnt do subs like that unless it was a forign movie but now everything has subs.

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah I mean the old tapes. I never had a Teddy Ruxpin but it was my understanding that it read along with the tape. Many years ago in the commercial I thought I saw him reading along with words on the TV screen(from the tape).

MikesPizzaShack
04-01-2004, 11:29 PM
maybe they did have subs but as far as i know and remember they didnt. teddy came w/ a tape and a book. u pit the take in him and played it. then u read along w/ the book. they sold packs of tapes and books along w/ him. and they did have a tv series but it was likea straight to VHS thing.

Drtooth
04-02-2004, 02:48 PM
I thnk you mean the TMNT TV Teddy tapes... Teddy Ruxpin was only cassette tapes... TV Teddy was VHS tapes!

edit

I found this on the main site...

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/images/vhs/tfmtvt.jpg

Orochi Chimera
04-03-2004, 11:10 AM
I thnk you mean the TMNT TV Teddy tapes... Teddy Ruxpin was only cassette tapes... TV Teddy was VHS tapes!

edit

I found this on the main site...

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/images/vhs/tfmtvt.jpg

Yeah that's what I meant. I never owned a Teddy Ruxpin anything so I don't know much about it. I do have one of the Teddy Ruxpin TMNT VHS on the way. So I was wondering if I was going to get stuck with text on the screen while watching it. I wasn't thinking about the audio tapes while I was writing this topic otherwise I would have specified which one I was talking about.