PDA

View Full Version : John Woo rumour for TMNT?

Raphael's Sardonic wit
04-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Now that i'm among Turtle fans, i'm sure some of you must have heard rumours in the past about the interest of John Woo to do something Turtle related.. i think there was talk of a movie in the pipeline. Well, can anyone on these boards clear up this whole thing for me? Is he, or is he not involved with the Turtles somehow?

Thanks.

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Now that i'm among Turtle fans, i'm sure some of you must have heard rumours in the past about the interest of John Woo to do something Turtle related.. i think there was talk of a movie in the pipeline. Well, can anyone on these boards clear up this whole thing for me? Is he, or is he not involved with the Turtles somehow?

Thanks.

It was a rumor. I have the link somewhere I'll see if I can find it. But John Woo did talk about TMNT which was interesting.

Raphael's Sardonic wit
04-01-2004, 07:19 PM
It was a rumor. I have the link somewhere I'll see if I can find it. But John Woo did talk about TMNT which was interesting.
Cool, thanks would love to read an article on this. If i remember correctly it was an animated feature..? I'd love to see a John Woo live-action Turtle movie. Can you imaging the cool trademark John Woo slow downs? If he coulda mixed in the seriousness and grit of Hard Boiled, or The Killer somehow into the Turtles universe that would be immense.

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 07:22 PM
I posted the info here:

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8464&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=20

John Woo talked about a TMNT movie/series but in a more recent article Laird said:
"Mirage Studios last year signed a deal with a company called Digital Rim. It was an option deal to co-develop a live action or CGI movie. John Woo is a partner in Digital Rim. The press release went out that said what I just said. People picked up on it ands translated that to mean that John Woo is going to direct a Turtles movie. That was never true. We hoped he would be involved and I think he even released something that said he was interested. That option is now expired, anyway. Ain't It Cool just blew up with all these funny posts excited about John Woo directing it."

PizzaPower
04-01-2004, 07:27 PM
I wish there was a 4th movie though!

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I wish there was a 4th movie though!
Hopefully one will be released in the near future.

Raphael's Sardonic wit
04-01-2004, 07:43 PM
I posted the info here:

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8464&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=20

Cheers for the link. Shame it was just a rumour and the date has now expired. :(

Orochi Chimera
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Also interesting is that Kevin Eastman apparently said:
"We’re taking a storyline called "The City At War" and most of the elements of that will be included in the fourth movie."

"The script that we worked on, we worked on with a writer that we’ve become friendly with in Hollywood and this guy was brought on to...actually, two guys...was brought on to write the fourth movie script and they basically came to us and they said, "What kind of movie do you want to tell? What do you think would be the coolest movie ever for the Turtles and we’ll start with that and see what we can turn it into." So we combined the Return to New York story and the City at War (#50-62) story."

Jester
04-02-2004, 10:30 AM
what happened with the Hallmark Miniseries...it get scraped??

Voltron
04-02-2004, 10:33 AM

Yeah, I wanted to see that. Did I miss it?

Dr. Doom
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
Good question.......I ain't heard **** about it inna while....

Kali
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Last I heard, it was still on hold, because of negotiations or something.

Jester
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
DDDDUHHHH!!!!

MTN889
04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
I wish theyd make a 4th movie, with shredder returning and it being live action

Spitfire
04-02-2004, 05:59 PM
I emailed the fan mail guys about this awhile back and they said John Woo was making it

Orochi Chimera
04-03-2004, 11:13 AM

Well the vague information listed, if correct, is in Pre-production listed with the year 2004.