PDA

View Full Version : Tales of TMNT Vol. 2 #2 Preview!!

Splinter
04-01-2004, 08:58 PM
The official TMNT website updated today, with a short synopsis and the cover for Tales of TMNT 2.2. The synopsis doesn't reveal much of what the story is about, but it looks to be quite good from the four preview pages. Seems a Foot Mystic, who looks like Darth Maul is interrupting Splinter's meditation. And Splinter can float? The hell?

Seems to be a good issue for those fans of Splinter. We even find out exactly what he does wear under his kimono. I always figured he went commando, myself. That should have some of his biggest fans really excited. And in what looks like a subtle wink to Image, Splinter's shown with Batwings in the Psychic battle with the Foot Mystic. :)

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/talesvol2/02/02.htm

Demonfox38
04-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Kiddies, stay off the drugs while you are meditating. :lol:

Lol, the mask was tripping me out. Reminded me of Andross from Star Fox.

VaughnMichael
04-01-2004, 10:37 PM
WOHO go WINGED SPLINTER!
seeing that made me like this issue all the more and I actully like that cover even though michael dooneys art is missed hehe.
-Vaughn Michael

tOkKa
04-02-2004, 07:50 AM
-->> :( ..but i thought you didn't like Jim Lawson, Splint.. :sick:

Splinter
04-02-2004, 08:15 AM
I don't normally. It looks like he's putting more time and care in his 'Tales' work then he does in his Volume 4 work. His human foot mystic is still really simplified, especially in the face. But nothing else seems to be. Plus Eric Talbot's inks help a lot.

raphael_is_cool
04-02-2004, 11:24 AM
What happened to the idea of a whole silhouette thing? That was crazy...

Looks good though

Barkworm
04-03-2004, 12:19 AM
What happened to the idea of a whole silhouette thing? That was crazy...
That was from a later issue.

Stone Ill
04-03-2004, 12:29 AM
Shzzakk? :lol:

KROW
06-21-2004, 10:22 PM
For some reason, I haven't been collecting Tales. I want to, but I don't think my local comic book store is carrying them.