PDA

View Full Version : Blue belt discovers warrior within himself

Orochi Chimera
04-11-2004, 05:37 PM
This is an interesting and somewhat funny article involving TMNT.

"Blue belt discovers warrior within himself"

http://www.dcmilitary.com/navy/trident/9_13/sports/28437-1.html

Mars-Chan
04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Gahhaaaahaaaa!!!!!!!! :lol: There's living PROOF that watching cartoons really CAN pay off!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Machias Banshee
04-11-2004, 10:09 PM
*smiles down proudly at her own blue belt(with two green stripes to come!)* Ninja Turtles inspired me too...

Kid Icarus
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
:lol:

I was REALLY in to karate when I was younger. I got to.. *thinks*... it would have been right below a Green belt. Our sensei gave us stripes on our belt to show we moved up a level instead of having us buy $30 belts every couple of months, so I have to translate it over XD.

I'd still be taking lessons to this day if my parents hadn't been too lazy to take me. Grr... stupid parents.

Jonatello
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
interesting

Buslady
04-11-2004, 11:35 PM
COOL he grew up near here in Temecula! Freakin hotter than hell there in the summer!!
TMNT are good influence on people...I dont care what anyone says!
I want to learn sai..yeah Raph's inspired that but i can't afford the lessons to get through all the basics and so on...

Relay
04-12-2004, 04:18 PM
I've always wanted to take martial arts as a kid after watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I never did. Even now I want to take ninjitsu. There is a place that teaches near here, but I can't afford 'em right now. Maybe someday I will fullfill my lifelong dream of becoming a true ninja master instead of just being one in my mind like I am now.

Cascadia
04-12-2004, 06:26 PM
my brother has a 2nd degree black belt in Tae-known-do, which is from South Korea.

ImUntouchable
04-14-2004, 01:51 PM
i wanna learn karate :P

spikealike
04-15-2004, 03:32 AM
I studied Karate for a few years when I was little, inspired by Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, lol. I made it up to green belt but had to give up because of lesson clashes :(

I've been meaning to get back into it now I'm at uni, but haven't got around to it just yet. Still practice every so often what I know though, if anything its a good way of exercising :)