PDA

View Full Version : Sonic -- Whats his new direction

U2WaTCHer
04-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I know sonic X just ended here in the US ever notice they called it a season finale not a series finale mabie it will be back as a dif series like power ranchers in a different style. Because why would fox show it twice if it was doing that bad its like showing cubix more since I think I read that was cancelled I personally like to see the old am style show come back when robotnic has taken over and sonic and the freedom fighters have to fight for what they have

MrPliggins
04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken..Sonic has been doing good here in the US, but it is Japan who has stopped production making it. However, all of the episodes have not yet aired in the US, so there will probably be another season.

Kameko
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
A. What you saw of the US version of Sonic X (presumably episode 26, or thereabouts) WAS only a 'season' finale, not the series finale (which won't be until episode 52) There's been (I believe) three Japanese seasons of Sonic X (Japanese tv seasons run back to back, btw).

B. Japan has aired 3 seasons of Sonic X already; the US has shown only 1.

C. However, a sequel to Sonic X has already been announced. (In Japan, a certain number of episodes are produced and aired (in this case, 52) and if it does well, a 'sequel' series is produced (in this case, most likely picking up where this one left off).)

D. I loved SatAm as much as the next person, and I'd love to have seen a third season, but I really think that ship has sailed. All the animators, voice actors, and writers have certainly by now moved on to other things.

Anarchistguy
04-12-2004, 03:13 PM
About the "next season of Sonic X" thing, it can't be true. TMS stopped production because of the lack of interest by fans. If Sonic X was more like the japanese version of the OVA, where he was WAAAAYYY more agile (I was expecting this and got utterly disappointed), this series would be GOLD!!!

I know, I know, I keep repeating myself BUT IT'S TRUE.

ZariusTwo
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeha, fans have to accept that Sonic X was VERY overated, and a pile of s*it.

Stone Ill
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
When will this Anime trend end!?

Tigershard
04-12-2004, 05:42 PM

Even many of us anime fans are asking the same question.

Drtooth
04-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Yeha, fans have to accept that Sonic X was VERY overated, and a pile of s*it.

And Urkle was great? Pfft! I'd rather sit through a million eps of Sonic X than that overrated 90's stuff.... sausage nosed Robotniks bouncing around the screen in 3 frams of animation.... bleh!

Jephael
04-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Atleast the girl in that variation of Sonic wasn't all whiny and love-sick like Amy. She kinda gets on my nerves.

Mars-Chan
04-12-2004, 08:28 PM
I don't know about ya'll but Knuckles is QUITE taken a shine to his girl Alex. :evilgrin: :wink: :wink:

Dane E5R
04-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Man, the japanese Sonic X is the best animated version of Sonic to date. 4Kids really screwed it up. The Sonime is a really close second, though. SatAM, while I enjoyed it while it was on, was so totally wrong, and I hate Sally's slutty ass. Of course, my opinion of her mostly comes from the comics. She lost all of my respect after that Geoffery St. John crap, coupled with her "thing" with Knuckles. Amy's ALL ABOUT the Hedgehog. However I gotta say my favorite Sonic love interest was Sera.

04-12-2004, 09:36 PM

I'm asking myself that, too. When the HELL will it end?

ThirdMarioBro
04-12-2004, 10:29 PM
First of all, Sonic X hasn't ended in America, it's just ran through the first 26 episodes. They're gonna rerun all summer, and then pick up again early fall. The American DVD's start this May (for what they're worth), and there is a preview for episode 27 on them.

I hate to burst the bubble of Anime haters, but Sonic X has been renewed in Japan for another 26 episodes to begin airing sometime this fall. I really wish people would quit comparing all of the Sonic series. Each is special in it's own way (yeah, I know I sound like Seasme Street).

The American version of Sonic X does suck rotton Monkey b***s. They changed the script, ruined the music, hired the wrong voices, and screwed the whole thing up in general. They said that the X-Tornado was a rebuilt version of the Tornado 2. Wait till they get to episode 52 when Tails is seen fluing the Tornado 2 in all it's glory and Chuck gives Tails a message thanking hm for giving him the X Tornado. Chuck also gave Tails a special present when he needed it most.

The American version of Sonic X sucks, but Sega needs the series, and so does Sonic. Sega is in DEEP DEEp $***, and they need Sonic's popularity to go up again. They need it to bring in new fans, and it's doing just that. Yeah they ripped off the power rings from SatAM, but I just see that as a way of tying the two shows together, and Sonic's world looked awfully familliar, which was a wonderfully welcome suprise.

Sonic X rocks, and I'm glad that it has been renewed for another season in Japan.

Stone Ill
04-13-2004, 04:03 AM
I bet if you anime nerds had never downloaded all of the original Japanese eps on your computer and watched them 30 times each, you'd like the English version.

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:35 AM
I bet if you anime nerds had never downloaded all of the original Japanese eps on your computer and watched them 30 times each, you'd like the English version.

Yeah, but then they couldn't bitch and rant about the dubbing.

ZariusTwo
04-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Man, the japanese Sonic X is the best animated version of Sonic to date. 4Kids really screwed it up. The Sonime is a really close second, though. SatAM, while I enjoyed it while it was on, was so totally wrong, and I hate Sally's slutty ass. Of course, my opinion of her mostly comes from the comics. She lost all of my respect after that Geoffery St. John crap, coupled with her "thing" with Knuckles. Amy's ALL ABOUT the Hedgehog. However I gotta say my favorite Sonic love interest was Sera.

Sonci SATAM did more to expand the Sonic franchise than the Germans did for the world in WWII, it gave birth to the Archie comics which still thrive today...and kept the franchise going even when Sonic was practically DEAD

And it still remains the greatest Sonic cartoon of all time, topped by absolutley NOTHING.

I agree with you on Sally...not only does she become HOTTER, she becomes....BITCHIER, she's broken Sonics' heart in the comics now around five times I beleive.

Look at where Sonic is right now, he does'nt NEED a half-assed s*it cartoon like Sonix X, the games are selling like hot-cakes, and all of them have better plotting and pacing than another crummy anime involving annoying kids with Sonic.

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Zarius, thanks for saying what I wanted to say. :)

SatAM was actually serious, and that was what made it so good. It took chances and you never had the sense everything would be all right in the end. There's a reason so many fans got into Sonic thanks to it.

Regarding comics, I personally know the artist of #134 on a friendly level, and shall get a signed copy of it from him. :D

[end bragging before tomatoes are pelted at him]

But regarding the comics, they kinda lost their direction to me. We've all these Overlanders, humans, what-have-yous now...we have Robotnik becoming gawd-knows-what too. I haven't bought an issue since #120, and I consider that a decent thing.

Shadow the hedgehog
04-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Why does everyone pick on this show?

Heres when it'll get better:

Season 2: Sonic Adventure Adaption
Season 3: Sonic Adventure 2 Adaption
Season 4: Sonic Heroes Adaption

If youve played the video games and liked them, then Sonic X is really the show for you...

Drtooth
04-13-2004, 09:43 AM
I don't care too much for the dubbing, but I have to admit... I really like the Eggman they have. My favorite robotnik of all the others, and I am a Big Jim Cummings fan.

I would like Sonic Am if they did it WITHOUT Urkle... igh!

ZariusTwo
04-13-2004, 02:20 PM

SatAM was actually serious, and that was what made it so good. It took chances and you never had the sense everything would be all right in the end. There's a reason so many fans got into Sonic thanks to it.

Regarding comics, I personally know the artist of #134 on a friendly level, and shall get a signed copy of it from him. :D

But regarding the comics, they kinda lost their direction to me. We've all these Overlanders, humans, what-have-yous now...we have Robotnik becoming gawd-knows-what too. I haven't bought an issue since #120, and I consider that a decent thing.

Yeah..I hate the "Eggman" character, I've always hated that name, why not go with "Robtonik?"

Oh wait..they killed him off YEARS ago in Issue 100. :cry:

Ahh well, I still consider the comics pretty good.

ThirdMarioBro
04-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Sonci SATAM did more to expand the Sonic franchise than the Germans did for the world in WWII, it gave birth to the Archie comics which still thrive today...and kept the franchise going even when Sonic was practically DEAD

And it still remains the greatest Sonic cartoon of all time, topped by absolutley NOTHING.

Yeah, it is the best, but that dosen't mean Sonic X isn't good too. Watch the Japanese version, which reminds me....

Yeah, but then they couldn't bitch and rant about the dubbing.

Amen to that.

*shudders at the thought of likeing the English 4Kids dub*

American dubs are meant to bring the show down to a kiddy level because they think older people don't watch Animated series over here. Japanese originals all the way people!

Drtooth
04-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Dude... Eggman is the man. He's why I like the Sonic X show... Eggman.

I mean, Robotnik is certainly no King Koopa, but he's a great cartoonish videogame villain.
I think Eggman is done best in what I've seen (didn't see Sonic the Movie yet) is in Sonic X. In Sonic AM, he was tooo evil... too much like Dr. Claw. And in Adventuires, he's too goofy. And the two robots are obviously ripping off the bebop and Rocksteady/ King Hippo and Eggplant wizard stupid sidekick schtick.

In this series the right balance between goofy and evil.
\
Besides, cartoon evil scientists are my favorite kinds of supervillains. Ineffective, but fun to watch.

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 04:30 PM

Yeah..I hate the "Eggman" character, I've always hated that name, why not go with "Robtonik?"

OK, Zarius. Here are two things you should know:

-The name "Eggman" was actually used first. SINCE THE DAY SONIC WAS CREATED (the old days), THE GUY HAS ALWAYS BEEN KNOWN AS "EGGMAN" (in Japan) . Robotnik was american-made. But since the arrival of Sonic Adventure, Sega requested that the US use the name "Eggman". The name "Robotnik" is still used in France, though.

-In the comics, "Robotnik" died in issue 50. (unless he managed to come back - I haven't read an issue since #88 ).

Sorry if you already knew that. And you think every Sonic anime sucks? Sonic X may be disappointing, I agree, but the 2 episode OVA (in japanese) does NOT suck.

Voltron
04-13-2004, 04:36 PM
I loved the old Saturday Morning Sonic cartoon. I just wish they had Knuckles on that one.

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 04:49 PM
So do I

Drtooth
04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Yeah... Knuckles would have been SWEEET in that show. Too bad they had to go and make that one with 3 sonics ALL VOICED BY URKLE.

I have no problem with Urkle as Urkle, but as 3 different Sonics... that's pretty damn freaky!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 05:32 PM
-The name "Eggman" was actually used first. SINCE THE DAY SONIC WAS CREATED (the old days), THE GUY WAS ALWAYS KNOWN AS "EGGMAN" (in Japan) . Robotnik was american-made. But since the arrival of Sonic Adventure, Sega requested that the US use the name "Eggman". The name "Robotnik" is still used in France, though.

-In the comics, "Robotnik" died in issue 50. (unless he managed to come back - I haven't read an issue since #88 ).

Sorry if you already knew that. And you think every Sonic anime sucks? Sonic X may be disappointing, I agree, but the 2 episode OVA (in japanese) does NOT suck.

You're not wrong, and I'm not trying to correct you, but I've been a Sonic fan since '91 so I know what you're talking about, but I'd like to point out a few weird things.

In Sonic Adventure he refered to himself as Dr. Robotnik, while Sonic refered to him as Eggman. We were to assume that "Dr. Eggman" was a nickname given to him by Sonic and co. Meanwhile, in Sonic Adventure 2 he was again refered to as both Eggman & Dr. Robotnik...with a major plot point concerning his grandfather, Dr. Gerald Robotnik.

Confused? So am I.

Anywho, back on topic.

As far as games go, I can't say that any Sonic Team-produced Sonic game has been bad. (There have been a few iffy ones, but none bad enough that I couldn't play them at all.) Other developers that have taken on the liscence, such as Hudson Soft with Sonic Shuffle and Treasurer's Tales with Sonic 3D Blast haven't succeeded quite as well. Sonic Adventure was a blast for me when I first got my Dreamcast, and I still play it from time to time.

As for Sonic X. I like the series....well, the original Japanese version, at least.

The voices, okay,I can live with them. But why, OH WHY did 4Kids take out the freaking AWESOME music? I mean, seriously, the BG music is really freaking kickass.

As far as edits...that's bad too, so even more of the reason to dislike 4Kids.

Honestly, the only good thing remotely related to 4Kids is TMNT...and how they haven't screwed that up yet, I'm quite amazed. It shouldn't be long though.

Kameko
04-13-2004, 05:33 PM
First of all, Sonic X hasn't ended in America, it's just ran through the first 26 episodes. They're gonna rerun all summer, and then pick up again early fall. The American DVD's start this May (for what they're worth), and there is a preview for episode 27 on them.

I hate to burst the bubble of Anime haters, but Sonic X has been renewed in Japan for another 26 episodes to begin airing sometime this fall. I really wish people would quit comparing all of the Sonic series. Each is special in it's own way (yeah, I know I sound like Seasme Street).Doesn't anyone ever listen to me?http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/ahuh.gifOK, Zarius. Here are two things you should know:

-The name "Eggman" was actually used first. SINCE THE DAY SONIC WAS CREATED (the old days), THE GUY WAS ALWAYS KNOWN AS "EGGMAN" (in Japan) . Robotnik was american-made. But since the arrival of Sonic Adventure, Sega requested that the US use the name "Eggman". The name "Robotnik" is still used in France, though.

-In the comics, "Robotnik" died in issue 50. (unless he managed to come back - I haven't read an issue since #88 ).Thank you SO much for saying that when I couldn't. I'd kiss you, but I think that'd freak you out. And my classmates would wonder what in the heck I was doing with my lips on the computer screen. :lol:

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 05:43 PM

I hate to burst the bubble of Anime haters, but Sonic X has been renewed in Japan for another 26 episodes to begin airing sometime this fall. I really wish people would quit comparing all of the Sonic series. Each is special in it's own way (yeah, I know I sound like Seasme Street).Doesn't anyone ever listen to me?http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/ahuh.gifOK, Zarius. Here are two things you should know:

-In the comics, "Robotnik" died in issue 50. (unless he managed to come back - I haven't read an issue since #88 ).Thank you SO much for saying that when I couldn't. I'd kiss you, but I think that'd freak you out. And my classmates would wonder what in the heck I was doing with my lips on the computer screen. :lol:

:| Are you at least a girl?? :|

Kameko
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: *dies* Yes, yes, I'm a girl! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZariusTwo
04-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Oh crap..i got the issue wrong, sorry about that, yeah it WAS Issue 50

I can't beleive I got them mixed up, I OWN those issues for crying out loud.

On the subject of the Sonic Animes, what the hell is with the constant suggestions I "watch the japanese versions?"

I HAVE, I'm a true Sonic fan, it's my JOB to watch every Sonic cartoon be it legal or otherwise, I hate Sonic X, it sucks donkey, it blows, the human characters are terrible, this is OPINION people, if you get off on Sonic X, go ahead and be my guest

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are the most overated Sonic games of all time, I nearly spat on the franchise for producing such s*it, it did'nt get any better until Sonic Heroes and the Sonic Advance games.

And also, did I say I DID'NT know that Eggman was Robotnik?

I 've known that for years, I said I PREFERRED the name "Robotnik", I wondered why the U.S went back to using "Eggman"

Coola Yagami
04-13-2004, 11:27 PM
.. what in the hell? So Robotnic died in the Sonic comics, and then they introduce Eggman as if he was a brand new and seperate character????

ThirdMarioBro
04-13-2004, 11:52 PM

I hate to burst the bubble of Anime haters, but Sonic X has been renewed in Japan for another 26 episodes to begin airing sometime this fall. I really wish people would quit comparing all of the Sonic series. Each is special in it's own way (yeah, I know I sound like Seasme Street).Doesn't anyone ever listen to me?http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/ahuh.gif

Whad I say wrong? Sonic X IS still set for a new season in Japan. look for yourself.

http://www.c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=79&article=19868

On the subject of the Sonic Animes, what the hell is with the constant suggestions I "watch the japanese versions?"

I HAVE, I'm a true Sonic fan, it's my JOB to watch every Sonic cartoon be it legal or otherwise, I hate Sonic X, it sucks donkey, it blows, the human characters are terrible, this is OPINION people, if you get off on Sonic X, go ahead and be my guest

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are the most overated Sonic games of all time, I nearly spat on the franchise for producing such s*it, it did'nt get any better until Sonic Heroes and the Sonic Advance games.

I 've known that for years, I said I PREFERRED the name "Robotnik", I wondered why the U.S went back to using "Eggman"

Robotnik is better than Eggman, but I try not to let it bug me. Sonic Heroes is a drastic improvment. The Sonic Advance games are like the originals only faster. I'm looking forward to 3.

And you're right, Sonic X's human characters aren't that great. Chris almost seem a little.....well you know,, at times. i don't blame him after seeing his childhood in episode 51.

ZariusTwo
04-14-2004, 08:08 AM
.. what in the hell? So Robotnic died in the Sonic comics, and then they introduce Eggman as if he was a brand new and seperate character????

THta is why Archie OWNS most of the real Sonic franchise, rather than confuse readers, they decided to re-introduce Robotnik as Eggman by making Eggman a being from an alternate reality

Robotnik died in "Endgame", a fine example of how godly Sonic SATAM COULD have been if it had time to develop, Robotnik died at Snively's trecherous hands.

Anarky
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM

Ahh well, I still consider the comics pretty good.

can you please tell me waht happened there?

Kameko
04-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Doesn't anyone ever listen to me?http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/ahuh.gifWhad I say wrong? Sonic X IS still set for a new season in Japan. look for yourself.

http://www.c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=79&article=19868I didn't say you were wrong. :roll: What I meant was that I already said that, and nobody could be bothered to even notice.http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/chaotantrum.gif

Dane E5R
04-14-2004, 02:18 PM

Okay, here's your problem Zarius. I'm sure not near as many people would have conflict with you if you could just simply LEARN to STATE YOUR OPINION IN A NON-OFFENSIVE MANNER. You can not give someone else's interests a complete and thorough blasting and not expect to get any lip back. It's simply beyond me why you can't just say "In my opinion, Sonic X isn't that good, and here's why: etc. etc. etc. I've always preferred Sonic SatAM because etc. etc. etc." INSTEAD of "Sonic X BLOWS! SatAM OWNS! You guys GRRR! @#&*(@!"
Jesus, dude. I generally don't have anything against you, but sometimes you can be one hell of a headache.

ThirdMarioBro
04-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Doesn't anyone ever listen to me?http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/ahuh.gifWhad I say wrong? Sonic X IS still set for a new season in Japan. look for yourself.

http://www.c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=79&article=19868I didn't say you were wrong. :roll: What I meant was that I already said that, and nobody could be bothered to even notice.http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Ink20/chaotantrum.gif

Opps, sorry. I guess I read a little too fast. :roll: *whistles*

Coola Yagami
04-14-2004, 09:00 PM

THta is why Archie OWNS most of the real Sonic franchise, rather than confuse readers, they decided to re-introduce Robotnik as Eggman by making Eggman a being from an alternate reality

Robotnik died in "Endgame", a fine example of how godly Sonic SATAM COULD have been if it had time to develop, Robotnik died at Snively's trecherous hands.

So Snively betrayed Robotnic? And Eggman was like... a Robotnic from an alternate universe? Weird... yet somehow interesting...