PDA

View Full Version : Site Hosting

Savanti Romero
04-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Please list good places that have free site hosting. The only one I know of is 0catch.com.

Thanks

Blaze DTGG
04-13-2004, 03:21 PM
you want GOOD places.. right..

ocatch isnt great cause of the bandwidth issue..

what you want to do is go to google
and type in free webhosting..it should bring up a list of websits.. but one should be something like. freebies.com or freespace.com or something. and it allowed you to compare plans and hosts.

I think i have the link at home I will send it to you if i find it

everyone has different needs so there is no one "good" place though some are better than others

Savanti Romero
04-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Thank u

Lisardo
04-13-2004, 03:53 PM
I had the same issue, I'm thinking of moving to a better free webserver. If you are looking for free ones, it depends on the things and limitations you want, but since I already am a member of Bravenet.com and use their guestbook on my Fortunecity website, I found out they also have web hosting (free and paid). The free one won't let you use FTP if you have it, but it does have a java, web-based FTP on their site that works just about as good as the real thing. It also has a web-based file manager. The nice thing is I like the short subdomain they let me have for my index page. The paid ones don't seem to be too expensive tho either. If I make more money I may go with the paid web hosting someday.

Blaze DTGG
04-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I got in early with a new company and have 3 years of free hosting..

its always good to hunt around for deals.. dont settle for the first one you find.

i have about 3 domains and 4 subdomains right now

I will probably be hosting a few peoples sites but i dont know yet

Lisardo
04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
I know with me I didn't settle for the first one I found. I shopped around but they all lead to dead ends. Right now I'm happy with Bravenet and Angelfire, till I can afford to pay for one. And if I do pay for one, I don't wanna prolly spend more that like $5 a month, there are some out there that cheap. Unless I make more money someday.