PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Who else here has a Dreamcast and absolutely loves it? Got any stories? Favorite Game? Take it from here!

I love mine, it's probably my favorite videogame system. I have 60-something games for it, my favorite being Jet Set Radio.

Peanut
04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
I remember I wanted it really bad. So did my sister. On Christmas we got tons of money from relatives and together had well over $500. My dad said he'd take us out to buy a DC with the money, but my mom said no because it was a waste. I wish I got one. I used to play it at my friends house all the time. Maybe I'll go buy a used one at EB Games! Anyone know how much one might cost?

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Shen Mue I played with a passion. Still do. I love Dreamcast. Possibly the best system I ever owned.

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 05:54 PM
My Dreamcast is GOLD to me.

My favorite games are:

-Shenmue
-Power Stone 1&2
-Jet Set Radio
-Sonic Adventure 1&2

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:55 PM
The Sonic Adventures kicked an amazing amount of ass.

MW8979
04-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is very good game. Any team with Cable in it is pretty much guaranteed to win.

Blaze DTGG
love my dreamcast

and project justic just plain ROCKS

Voltron broke my Dreamcast...or at least something broke it. When I plug the cords in, the Dreamcast comes on, but there's no video or audio. Maybe I just need new cables.

Other than that Dreamcast was damn great. Shenmue, man. Shenmue.

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Voltron broke my Dreamcast...or at least something broke it. When I plug the cords in, the Dreamcast comes on, but there's no video or audio. Maybe I just need new cables.

Other than that Dreamcast was damn great. Shenmue, man. Shenmue.

Oh, Bitch Bitch Bitch! Sure blame me! I guard those things with my life.

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 06:01 PM
love my dreamcast

I heard about this game.

How good was it???

Oh LORD!! I forgot about two games that KICK ASS:

-Marvel vs. Capcom
-Virtual ON (This game OWNS...and the model kits too)

Voltron
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
love my dreamcast

I heard about this game.

How good was it???

Oh LORD!! I forgot about two games that KICK ASS:

-Marvel vs. Capcom
-Virtual ON (This game OWNS...and the model kits too)

VIRTUAL ON KICKS ASS!

In Oratio Tangram (sp?) they had models like all the Gundams from Gundam Wing.

Temjin-Wing
Apharmd-Sand Rock
Belgdor-Heavy Arms
Viper-Epyon

thats all I can remember. They're was a guy with a Scyte that was like Deathscythe. I don't remember anyone like Shenlong though.

Blaze DTGG
04-13-2004, 06:05 PM
TOUCHDOWN BABY!!!

Project Justice kicks SO much ass!

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah, I'm forgetting Phantasy Star Online. What an addicting game. I still play it online to this day.

And oh yeah, this right here is the video that sealed the deal in me wanting a Dreamcast: (You may want to right-click and save as or the equivalent)

http://www.sonicteam.com/sonicadv/dload/advmov1009.mpg

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 06:39 PM
TOUCHDOWN BABY!!!

Project Justice kicks SO much ass!

Well you talked me into it. I'm burning the damn game.

Oh yeah, I'm forgetting Phantasy Star Online. What an addicting game. I still play it online to this day.

And oh yeah, this right here is the video that sealed the deal in me wanting a Dreamcast: (You may want to right-click and save as or the equivalent)

What was it about???

Kid Icarus
04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Wasn't there a Super Monkey Ball for DC?

Brodie
04-13-2004, 06:49 PM
For 50 bucks you can get the system, mem card, and 15 games at Eb.

But my bro got one for 50 right after the fall of Sega, and got tons of games, I loved it. I got games like Sonic Adventure 2, one of the best Sonic games ever.

And he got a disc that had EVERY sega genesis game ever made. I never played so much tmnt.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 07:05 PM

What was it about???

Phantasy Star Online?

It was basically a futuristic Diablo, if you can picture that. You team up with 3 buddies and go beat the crap out of monsters, level up, get new weapons, etc.

It sounds like such a simple game, but it's hard to explain why it's fun.

04-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Phantasy Star Online was so great. I got lost in that game so damn fast, it wasn't even funny.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 07:07 PM
For 50 bucks you can get the system, mem card, and 15 games at Eb.

But my bro got one for 50 right after the fall of Sega, and got tons of games, I loved it. I got games like Sonic Adventure 2, one of the best Sonic games ever.

And he got a disc that had EVERY sega genesis game ever made. I never played so much tmnt.

You know, that's not such a stretch. Head over to http://www.dcemulation.com It's a site that has a bunch of emulators, ports, and homebrewn stuff for the DC. Basically, you burn the emulator and some roms onto a CD, and you can play SNES, NES, Genesis, or whatever the system is games on your DC...

Same with ports. You can play stuff like Doom on your DC.

Then there are MP3 players, MPEG players, VCD, Divx players, etc...

ThirdMarioBro
04-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Dreamcast is such a stylized system, and always will RULE!

Lrt's see, I've got...

Sonic Adventure
marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs, SNK 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2
Hydro Thunder
Tetris Online

and about 5 others I'm forgetting...

That system will never die in my book. They still make games for it in Japan.

Bourgeois Buffoon
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Ah, had one and loved it. Sonic Adventure is one of the best games ever made, and even though it's outdated in this day and age, it's still a beauty to watch and play. Not to mention it gave Sonic a sudden storyline. ;)

I miss Sega's days of hardware making. They gave up too fast on the D-cast.

Anarchistguy
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
That system will never die in my book. They still make games for it in Japan

Are you kidding? O_o

04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Not to my knowledge, they don't. They made more games after it died here, but that was short-lived.

jeff the cheff
04-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I saw a DC at EB for $30. I need to get one when I get the money. Ahh theres so much stuff I want!

Kid Icarus
04-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Is there anymore online support for DC? Not that I'd ever take it online though.... just a weird question.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 08:50 PM
A few games are still online, Quake 3, for example.

Also, a group of gamers set up a homebrew PSO server, so that'll be available online forever.

Kid Icarus
04-13-2004, 10:24 PM
A few games are still online, Quake 3, for example.

Also, a group of gamers set up a homebrew PSO server, so that'll be available online forever. ooh... is the PSO server free? if it is, i just may have to hunt down a DC and PSO for it.

I was gonna get it on Gamecube here soon anyway (Ah... the joys of getting a pay check ever 2 weeks), but the DC had a few games I wanted... plus they're cheap. does it have a broadband port though? otherwise i'm screwed.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 10:57 PM
http://schtserv.funurl.com/

All the info you need can be found here for the PSO server, including PSOv2 for the DC which you can burn onto a CD and play.

GK Punk
04-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Who else here has a Dreamcast and absolutely loves it? Got any stories? Favorite Game? Take it from here!

I love mine, it's probably my favorite videogame system. I have 60-something games for it, my favorite being Jet Set Radio.

Don't make me post my Hello Kitty DC. :P

I've got lots o dreamcast games, I enjoy Fighting Vipers 2, Skies of Arcadia, THe Street Fighter games and all emulators that you can play on it.

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Phantasy Star Online was great because Sega although drifting from the other games finally revived the Phantasy Star Line.

Meira-Bates
04-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I love my DreamCast @.@ I'll probably end up parting with it for hope of ever getting a PS2 though...as I've played all the games I want to for it save a few that are in Japanese and a couple of games that are really hard to get around here.

Faves: Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Shenmue, Alone in the Dark

It's not a fav but I feel Eccho deserves mention for it's graphics alone

Least Favs: Sonic Shuffle, Death Crimson OX

Dr. Doom
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Still got my DC. Wish I'd gotten more games tho. I have Powerstone 2, ECW Hardcore Revolution (it was 5 bucks), King Of Fighters: Evolution, and Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves.

GK Punk
04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Not to my knowledge, they don't. They made more games after it died here, but that was short-lived.

Actually the released a few new games this past year, with possibly a few more being released by years end.

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Dreamcast had some awesome racing games as I remember.

Meira-Bates
04-14-2004, 02:02 PM
I know they released the Japanese version of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast...if I could just get traslations for some Japanese DC games @.@ I'd have a lot more to play. Mostly the Sakura Wars seires though. Somehow I find it fubared that they released the anime here but not the video games when the video games were what came first. x.X

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Has anyone else played Rez or Ikaruga?

Easily two of my favorite games, both on Dreamcast.

Voltron
They sold the European version of Shen Mue in the states. It's probably hard to find now.

Hyper Metal Sonic
Yeah, Gamestop carried the PAL Shenmue 2 for a while.

GK Punk
04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Has anyone else played Rez or Ikaruga?

Easily two of my favorite games, both on Dreamcast.

Yeah I have Ikagura, that's an awesome game. I never go tmy hands on Rez though.

Dr. Doom
04-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Ikaruga is cool, I've just recently discovered that sorta game (aerial shooters, or whatever you wanna call 'em) through a few old ones in my local Arcade's free section.

04-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh man, Ikaruga is just insane. I love that game. I played it so much on my Dreamcast that it stopped working eventually.

MW8979
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
So nobody here likes Marvel vs Capcom 2? It's a great game. I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.

Anarchistguy
04-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I know they released the Japanese version of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast...if I could just get traslations for some Japanese DC games @.@ I'd have a lot more to play. Mostly the Sakura Wars seires though. Somehow I find it fubared that they released the anime here but not the video games when the video games were what came first. x.X

They released a Shenmue anime??

And what is your record in the mini-game where they send 70 people for you to fight?

Dr. Doom
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
So nobody here likes Marvel vs Capcom 2? It's a great game. I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.

It;s good, but I think (characters excluded) it's far inferior to CvS2.

Meira-Bates
04-15-2004, 04:48 PM

They released a Shenmue anime??

And what is your record in the mini-game where they send 70 people for you to fight?

nononono....that's be awesome but I was talking about Sakura Wars by that point, not Shenmue. Sadly I dun remember my record...it was probably REALLY low though @.@

ThirdMarioBro
04-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Pardon me, but I thought I'd bump the Dreamcast topic out of all that locked crap on page 2.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-15-2004, 08:54 PM
I'd love Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but it's rare I find, and when I do find it, it's rather high priced.

Anywho, I need to buy a new copy of JGR cause my cousin ruined me other one...

I'm also thinking of getting 2nd copies of the JSR and JSRF OSTs just for backup purposes.

ThirdMarioBro
04-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Got my Marvel vs. Capcom 2 off Ebay for $32.00. Pretty cheap for what it usually goes for. Now, $85.00 for Street Fighter III Third Strike (with Chun Li :D ), thats insane, well the game is worth it. :D