PDA

View Full Version : Video Games: A General Discussion

Voltron
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Alright, some threads are popping up concerning video games, and some very interesting thoughts are being made on them. I've been curious, though, about people's taste in games, and what they play for whatever reason.

I tend to play games to get away from my miserable life. It's like a sanctuary where I can kill all the people that I'm not allowed to just flat out murder in real life. For that reason, I tend to go for games with a goofy ass story where 90% of the time I'm just beating the flaming turds out of people.

What about everyone else? Any particular genre you're into?

04-13-2004, 04:59 PM
You know why I play my games, because I have no friends. :lol:

I like RPG's, FPS's, and various action games if they don't suck. I'm very selective of my games these days, though, since money gets tight and I can't afford to buy these horrible games that have been coming out lately.

Peanut
04-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Same here. Last game I bought waaaas..............Baulders Gate 2 for XBox. Never even got half way through cause my XBox died. I don't plan on buying anything for awhile either. I've been spending my money on DVDs and CDs lately.

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:02 PM
See I need an Xbox for Shen Mue II. Other than that, it's a paper weight.

InsaneZane
04-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Yeah Man!
2004 hold MK6 MGS3 and Driver 3 oops i mean uh Driv3r
Its gonna be a good year..

04-13-2004, 05:03 PM
More like a boulder. I almost dropped that thing on my toe, and that probably would've smashed my foot.

That Matt Guy
04-13-2004, 05:05 PM
I only have PC games, I'm too cheap to waste money on a system. The only systems I own are NES, Sega Genesis (I think it's broken too) and N64. Playing games for me is just simple fun.

Voltron
04-13-2004, 05:06 PM
I read a news report where an X Box shielded some guy from a bullet.

Kid Icarus
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah Man!
2004 hold MK6 MGS3 and Driver 3 oops i mean uh Driv3r
Its gonna be a good year.. Resident Evil 4, Killer 7, Nintendo DS.... ;)

Taloniss
04-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Well, the last good game I bought was Ninja Gaiden for X-box. That thing just plain owned :)

I bought MLB 2005 today, and oh man, is it terrible. The controls don't even work properly, and they failed to give you a batting reticle so you know where you're aiming. I can't pull the ball where I want, so it's getting traded in tomorrow (stupid no return after opened poilicy)

I'm really looking forward to Spider-Man 2 (June, gonna nab that for PS2, since I'm used to it's controller for Spider-Man games) The Punisher (Fall 2K4) 100 Bullets (Fall 2K4) Halo 2 (Fall 2K4) and Doom 3 (Lord only knows) and the new GTA (Oct 19t, 4 days after my B-day :))

I've heard they're making a DBZ: Legacy of Goku 3 for GBA, so I'll grab that when it comes out as well.

I mostly play games with a) characters that interest me b) have good gameplay or c) provide much entertainment for me. I'll play pretty much any genre. I'm not big on RPG's, but I did dig Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi for GBA. I'm glad they're making a Paper Mario 2.

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Actually, I don't have a Console past the Dreamcast.

And that's fine, because with the DC's freaking awesome library of games + the awesome homebrew and emulations scene, the DC will be around for years to come.

(Slightly off-topic) Is it just me, or has originality been completely missing from the videogame world for a few years now?

The real original stuff used to come out of Sega. (Typing of the Dead, Rez, Jet Set Radio, Seaman, etc.)

...Where'd it all go?

Brodie
04-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I borrow my brother's X Box, because I only have a GC. But I beat Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Acadamy in like a week.

EZweasel
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
metal gear solid 2
resident evil games
any good wrestling game
tony hawk underground
super mario sunshine

just a few of the games ive played latley...and dont get champions of norrath, it sucks.

ThirdMarioBro
04-13-2004, 06:22 PM
More like a boulder. I almost dropped that thing on my toe, and that probably would've smashed my foot.

:lol: :lol: BWA HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

That's funny!

I love Action, Platformers, Puzzles (Panel de Pon is the king baby), racing (F-Zero GX/Daytona USA) and anything from Nintendo & Sega that let's me get away from this miserable world for a little while.

*goes to play Star Fox Adventures and reserve a DS*

Peanut
04-13-2004, 06:24 PM

That's why the have a "Caution: Do Not Drop On Feet" icon in the instruction manual.

jeff the cheff
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
TYPING OF THE DEAD! :lol: That's hilarious I've played it before.

I mostly like game consoles from the 90's. I mostly play my NES, SNES, and genises. There are so many good simple games from those systems that I just love to play. I do have a PS2, and there are some good games, but I mostly stick to Dance Dance Revolution. :)

Oh, and heres my new belt buckle.
http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/1103/jeffthecheff/135-3590_IMG.jpg

Brodie
04-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Whered you get that?!

Demonfox38
04-13-2004, 06:57 PM
*goes to play Star Fox Adventures and reserve a DS*

Amen!! Gotta love the bishi vulpine! :D

I love action, rpg, stradegy, racing, and fighting games. Especially Star Fox. I am owned by that game.

jeff the cheff
04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Hot Topic, It was expensive though.

Meeko
04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Um i Play Tony hawk underground Alot For PS2
and World Series BaseBall 2k3 For PS2

Dr. Doom
04-13-2004, 10:53 PM
I like to think I take gaming very seriously. It's an art form to me, equivilant to that of film. I've actually gone so far as to create a list of my 30 favorite games ever. It needs some serious updating, but I'll post it when I get to that.

raphael_is_cool
04-14-2004, 04:03 AM
I like most games but I generally like a few good racing ones (Burnout 2, NFS and karting stuff) or sometimes I just like to hit stuff (dynasty warriors games and others)

I don't really play much anymore but I used to play anything

Taloniss
04-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Forgot to mention, I'm also looking forward to RE4. That game is going to be sweet. (Brodie can back me up on this one)

Anarky
04-14-2004, 07:48 AM
i mostly play 3dshooters. UT2003 to be exact. or racing games are cool too. the best of this genre was eXtreme G. that game was sooo damn fast. it's incredible.

but at the moment i play GTAIII for PC. it's fun

MW8979
04-14-2004, 08:29 AM
RPG's are definately at the top of the list, preferably older ones. Adventure/exploration games like Metroid and Castlevania Symphony of the Night are pretty good too.

Barkworm
04-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I love video games, they're one of my hobbies. Most of the games I own are Action adventures, Jump'n Runs and RPGs.

Mr. Snackpants
04-14-2004, 01:03 PM
I mostly play sports games. Madden, NCAA Football, NBA Live, NHL Hockey.......all EA games.

I bought MLB 2005 today, and oh man, is it terrible. The controls don't even work properly, and they failed to give you a batting reticle so you know where you're aiming. I can't pull the ball where I want, so it's getting traded in tomorrow (stupid no return after opened poilicy)

A word of advice.... never get a 989 game. If you're going to switch get MVP Baseball 2004. Its awesome. If you like dynasty mode this one is great. You even manage and can play as MLB farm teams.

Meira-Bates
04-14-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm just gonna say I can almost second Doom...only I don't actualy have the list written or anything but I could deffinetly crack one out easy enough and there are still a lot of games I've yet to get my hands on.

Raven
04-14-2004, 02:21 PM
i play a lot of games, but i love to play the metal gear solid games, and final fanasty
i mostaly play games on the ps2.

Dr. Doom
04-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Welks, as promised, here is my newly updated Top 30 list of Favorite Games:

#1) The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (Adventure, Nintendo, N64, 1998)
#2) Final Fantasy IX (RPG, Squaresoft, PS, 2000)
#3) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Action, Konami, GC, 2003)
#4) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (Action, Konami, PS2, 2001)
#5) Super Smash Bros. Melee (Fighting, Nintendo, GC, 2001)
#6) WWE Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain (Wrestling, THQ, PS2, 2003)
#7) WWF No Mercy (Wrestling, THQ, N64, 2000)
#8) Dynasty Warriors 4 (Action, Koei, PS2, 2003)
#9) Soul Calibur II (Fighting, Namco, GC, 2003)
#10) Metroid Prime (Action, Nintendo, GC, 2002)
#11) Mario & Luigi: Supertar Saga (RPG, Nintendo, GBA, 2003)
#12) Megaman X4 (Action, Capcom, PS, 1997)
#13) Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Fighting, Capcom, PS2, 2001)
#14) Perfect Dark (FPS, Rare, N64, 2000)
#15) The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Adventure, Nintendo, N64, 2000)
#16) Megaman X (Action, Capcom, SNES, 1993)
#17) Final Fantasy VI (RPG, Squaresoft, PS, 1999)
#18) Final Fantasy VIII (RPG, Squaresoft, PS, 1998)
#19) Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (Action, EA Games, GBA, 2003)
#20) Power Stone 2 (Fighting, Capcom, DC, 2000)
#21) Rival Schools: United By Fate (Fighting, Capcom, PS & Arcade, 1999)
#22) The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Adventure, Nintendo, GC, 2003)
#23) Super Mario 64 (Platformer, Nintendo, N64, 1996)
#24) Devil May Cry (Action, Capcom, PS2, 2001)
#25) King Of Fighters Evolution (Fighting, SNK, DC, 2000)
#26) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time (Action, Konami, SNES & Arcade, 1992)
#27) Conker's Bad Fur Day (Platformer, Rare, N64, 2001)
#28) Mario Kart: Double Dash (Racing, Nintendo, GC, 2003)
#29) Fire Pro Wrestling 2 (Wrestling, Spike, GBA, 2002)
#30) TimeSplitters 2 (FPS, Eidos, GC, 2002)

STATS (Pretty much meaningless, I'm just bored)
Favorite Genre:
#1) Action (8)
#2) Fighting (6)
#3) RPG (4)
Favorite Developer:
#1) Nintendo (8)
#2) Capcom (6)
#3) Konami & Squaresoft (3)
Favorite Console:
#1) GC (7)
#2) N64 (6)
#3) PS2 & PS (5)
Favorite Year:
#1) 2003 (8)
#2) 2000 (6)
#3) 2001 (5)

Now I suppose you're wondering why in the hell certain games aren't on my list (i.e. Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Previous Smackdown Games, Previous Street Fighter Games, Previous Dynasty Warriors Games, The Original Metal Gear Solid, and Power Stone). The answer is simple. Because I wanted room on my list for a lot of variety, I didn't want to flood it with lots of sequels and such. So what I did was put the latest game in a given series, provided I find it to be technically speaking a better game. For example, Perfect Dark represents Goldeneye, although since they're essentially the same game, I put the technically better of the 2 games. CvS2 represents essentially every SF or Versus game, since it incorperates all the characters from the original Street Fighter games, and I consider it the best of the Versus games. The same was done for all the other games I listed. I thought I should make that clear, because I do appreciate those games which I mentioned.

Tigershard
04-16-2004, 05:50 AM
No, I'm wonderin why cetain games are on the list. Final Fantasy VIII is the worst of the main series FF games that i've played. I did like Metroid Prime, but I believe Super Metroid was a lot better. Having to find every single artifact in Metroid Prime was annoying.

We all have our own tastes tough, and I can understand why people like the games they do. I'm not attacking you, just stating my opinion. People can get viscious when you say something negative about their favorite video games.

My favorite games are RPGs, but I do enjoy first person shooters, action adventure games, and classic PC adventure games. I play a little bit of everything. Right now I am working my way through Star Ocean 2, and am on the final dungeon. After that I will try to finally get through Wind Waker, and then beat Final Fantasy X again so I can play Final Fantasy X-2. I'm hoping to do all this before Tales of Symphonia comes out in July, which I'm not sure I can accomplish. And then I need to get through Legacy of Kain: Defiance, but I don't want to pay more than $20 for the game, because I know it is really short and not worth full price.

Dr. Doom
04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
I persaonally think FFX is the worst game in the main FF series. It's like a personification of them whoring out the series to make it more "hip" and "cool" for the MTV kids. I did like the battle system, and it is, generally, a good game, but there's a lot of things about it that piss me off.

Like it's sequel.

Also, I've only ever played, in the FF series, 1, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (never got very far in 1 or 7, but I played 'em)

XERO
04-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Yep. Videogames rule! 8)

Barkworm
04-16-2004, 10:33 AM
It's like a personification of them whoring out the series to make it more "hip" and "cool" for the MTV kids.
I know that's just your opinion but that's bull ****. How was FFX more "cool" and "hip" then former parts?

Peanut
04-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Yep. Videogames rule! 8)

That's Ben for you. Always adding some great insight to a conversation! :lol:

Eye of Sarnath
04-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I just got Painkiller and Far Cry a few days ago. Both very awesome, very amazing games. Painkiller is my new favorite game - it's like Doom or Quake (I love Doom and Quake). Nothing like seeing a rocket blast send dozens of guys flying. Not to mention it looks great and runs very well even with 20 or more enemies on the screen at one time.

Meira-Bates
04-16-2004, 11:21 AM
It's like a personification of them whoring out the series to make it more "hip" and "cool" for the MTV kids.
I know that's just your opinion but that's bull sh**. How was FFX more "cool" and "hip" then former parts?

I think I can tell you....which is sad....

MW8979
04-16-2004, 12:54 PM
I persaonally think FFX is the worst game in the main FF series. It's like a personification of them whoring out the series to make it more "hip" and "cool" for the MTV kids. I did like the battle system, and it is, generally, a good game, but there's a lot of things about it that piss me off.

Like it's sequel.

Well said. I completely agree with you on that one and can never stress that enough.

04-16-2004, 04:32 PM
I like games. :D

I don't really like games these days, although a few good ones comes out every now and then.

Taloniss
04-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Holy crap, IGN has just posted the first screens for Metroid Prime 2, and there's a shot of what looks like......MULTIPLAYER!!!!! Yes, whoo!

Multiplayer shot here: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/499/499105/img_2096070.html

Other shots available here: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/499/499105/imgs_1.html

On another note, Onimusha 3 ships this week, and it looks like the best one in the series.

MW8979
04-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Looks good to me. Then again, Metroid games usually tend to be very good.

Meira-Bates
04-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Doubt anyone would care about this since my selection is so small and odd (I only JUST began being able to game on my own system durring my highschool years so I've not got many years of gaming under my belt, also it's hard to find all kinda crap in this area, including some video games...so my list will likely seem odd and make little sence to most folk) but I was bored, so here is my list of 30 fav video and PC games, in no particular order x.X It was hard to choose what was on the list and what wasn't. I love so many of them. (/ incidcate that first title is the Japanese one, Japanese versions perfered to the American ones, which is the second title, cause the games got hacked to death in editing and translastion)

#1) Luna Silver Star Story Complete
#2) Wild Arms 2
#3) Grandia
#4) Chrono Trigger
#5) Parasite Eve
#6) Threads of Fate
#7) The Sims
#8 ) Echo Night
#9) Clock Tower: GhostHead/Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within
#10) Clock Tower 2/Clock Tower
#11) Shillouette Mirage (although I wish the difficulty wasn't so damn bad)
#12) Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
#13) Galerians
#14) Sonic Adventure
#15) Sonic Adventure 2
#16) Splatterhouse 2
#17) Splatterhouse 3
#18 ) TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
#19) Lunar Eternal Blue Complete
#20) Bushido Blade 2
#21) Bloody Roar 2
#22) American McGee's Alice
#23) Soul Edge
#24) Oddworld Abe's Oddusey
#25) Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
#26) Super Mario Brothers: Yoshi's Island
#27) Metal Combat
#28 ) YuYuHaksho 3 (mostly for the diffrent battle system, while it's like the one in YYH 1 it's more simplistic and there is better character selection as well.)
#29) Dragon Ball Z (I think it was the third or fourth one for the SNES can't remember for sure...it has pathetic character selection in story mode, but it also has all sorts of diffrent story lines depnding on how you do in the battles...instead of just giving you a game over...win or lose at certain points and it changes the direction of the story line)
#30) Black and White

04-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is way too far down on that list. :D

Meira-Bates
04-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is way too far down on that list. :D

lol I'd agree ^.^ but as said, they aren't really in any particular order I kept thinking of games I liked more than others and replacing them.

04-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Lunar 2 was the classic "I don't know you, but I'll protect you no matter what" kind of game. I loved both Lunars, I would say the first one was better story-wise.

Meira-Bates
04-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Lunar 2 was the classic "I don't know you, but I'll protect you no matter what" kind of game. I loved both Lunars, I would say the first one was better story-wise.

Oh yeah lol I have to say that if I did have this list in order (as impossible as that'd be for me) Lunar SSSC would probably still be the first on the list...@.@ I friggen fell deeply in love with that game when I was playing it x.X

TMNT4LIFE
04-29-2004, 08:20 AM
Forgot to mention, I'm also looking forward to RE4. That game is going to be sweet. (Brodie can back me up on this one)

I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil Series but I saw the video for Resident Evil 4 and :o :o :o :o :o :o

This will be one of the few games that I actually preorder to make sure that I get it asap.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 08:22 AM
I couldn't stand Alone in the Dark: TNN...it was just painful

Taloniss
04-29-2004, 11:25 AM
2 months til Spider-Man 2! Can't wait, whoo!

Hey, that rhymed, admit it, you know it rhymed.

Voltron
04-29-2004, 05:56 PM

Did you run out of spam threads, Taloniss?

Taloniss
04-29-2004, 06:20 PM

Did you run out of spam threads, Taloniss?

No. I was merely reminding those who might be interested in the game that it's coming out soon, hoping it might spawn some discussion.

Ninjinister
04-29-2004, 08:29 PM
I am personally looking forward to Mortal Kombat 6: Deception. It's a revamped version of Deadly Alliance with a much better Konquest mode (it's also a create-a-character), better fighting mechanics, Klassic Kombatants return (Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Kabal, Nightwolf, etc.), more fighting styles, better graphics, more interactive stages, awesome mini-games... damn, it's just all-around going to kick ass. It may finally crush Soul Calibur II.

Peanut
04-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Wait is Spider-Man 2...the game you mean? Isn't it supposed to be free roaming?

Dr. Doom
04-29-2004, 09:19 PM
In MK6, you can play as Ghost/Zombie Lu Kang.......lol

That Matt Guy
04-30-2004, 01:37 AM
#16) Splatterhouse 2
#17) Splatterhouse 3

Those are great.

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 08:32 AM
Wait is Spider-Man 2...the game you mean? Isn't it supposed to be free roaming?

Yep. They've recreated a most of Manhatten and you can go anywhere you see at any point in the game. Everything is interactable as well, from flag poles to lamp posts. You can even hang criminals from the lamp posts, just like Spidey does in the comics.

They've also improved the web swinging, so you now have free control over where you aim the next shot, and you have to hit a building to swing. No more swinging from air. And they've worked on combat, so that there are alot more combo's, and your spider-sense actually plays a part in letting you dodge attacks. Dodges will also have special animations, like if you are on top of a car, and a thug shoots at you through the roof, you'll backflip to the trunk.

Random crimes will also happen all around the city, and if you stop them, you get 'hero points' which you can use to buy unlockables. You buy the extra stuff from comic shops located around the city.

Everything I've read points to this being the best Super Hero game, like, ever.

Dr. Doom
04-30-2004, 08:42 AM
Sounds like it, yeah. GTA: Spidey, anyone?

Peanut
04-30-2004, 03:46 PM
HOLY SH*T! THIS GAME SOUNDS LIKE MY ULTIMATE DEMISE! I'm breaking up with my gf and padlocking my door when that game comes out.

Voltron
04-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Me too.

Taloniss
04-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Me too.

You're going to break up with Matthew138 over a game?

Oh, and I just read the preview of the game in Official X-box Magazine, and they say Mysterio will be in the game. One level has you trying to fight him, fend off his minions, and save civilians. All of which will take place in an abandonded theatre, which is on fire.

You can also attatch a webline to helicopters which fly around the city and hitch a ride on them.

Voltron
04-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Matt's been a whiney bitch lately. He doesn't give me my space, and he hates my friends. Last week I thought he had changed when he made me a wonderful roast for dinner. Later I found out that the roast was my cat.

Ninjinister
04-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Kitty. It's what's for dinner.

The Stryker
04-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Any Body ever eaten Horse? Theres a restaurant on the west side

Hyper Metal Sonic
04-30-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm going to miss UGA...

Space Channel 5, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Sega Rally 2, Rez...

THEY ALL ROCKED!

Peanut
04-30-2004, 11:03 PM
I saw Rez yeterday...and I was going to buy it...until I saw the price tag. :sweatdro:

Taloniss
05-01-2004, 07:00 AM
Nintendo has released more details on the story of Metroid Prime 2:

Moments ago Nintendo officially revealed some more details about the highly anticipated sequel Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The basic concept behind the story has Samus returning to another mysterious planet to exterminate evil. As long as she finds it. Only this time Samus will find her new battlegrounds torn in half, a world of light and darkness. As Samus, players will have to travel between the light and dark parts of this world, and the gameplay dynamics will of course be affected by this. We'll be able to explain exactly how it all works as E3 gets closer.

Also, the design demonstrates a similarity to the Game Boy Advance's Metroid Fusion in that our heroine Samus will be hunted by an evil enemy; we imagine that this new create will be the designated assassin or terminator to Samus. Looks like exploring the new light and dark lands of this world might have players jumping out of their space boots.

Lastly, a few more details regarding the multiplayer battle have been divulged. The mode supports up to four players, deathmatch style. Essentially it's just as you'd imagine, where the multiplayer dynamics revolve around searching for weapon upgrades and chasing your enemy down. With the lock-on mechanics likely coming in to play, the Morph Ball will come in to play to help players escape when they aren't ready for a face-to-face shootout. Levels will also demonstrate some complexity with shortcuts, and players will be able to escape or attack by taking advantage of strategically placed grapple points on the ceilings.

That's all the latest we have for now, but check back shortly before E3 and we'll have even more.

Credit : http://cube.ign.com/articles/510/510624p1.html?fromint=1

Sounds pretty cool.

Barkworm
05-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Who cares for the story in Metroid Prime as long as the gamplay rocks? I mean Metroid Prime actually had no real story!

ThirdMarioBro
05-01-2004, 07:26 AM
This bothers me
-----------------------------
Huge Sega Announcement At E3
According to an email sent by SEGA to various media outlets, the Sonic The Hedgehog developer will announce something major at this years E3 tradeshow. The "Explosive Announcement Event”, will take place at 10:00 AM PST on May 12 at SEGA’s E3 booth.

It is unknown if SEGA’s announcement has anything to do with Nintendo. However, it is highly possible that this "Explosive Announcement Event” will effect Nintendo in some fashion. Stay with Nintendojo for all the latest on this SEGAton announcement. (zp)

Source: GamerFeed
----------------------------------

Either they're announcing a Sammy buyout (NOOOOOO) or a team up with Nintendo on the N5 development IMO.

Peanut
05-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Let's all hope and pray it's good!

ThirdMarioBro
05-01-2004, 12:06 PM
It's most likely nothing, but let's hope.

Dr. Doom
05-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Prime had a story, it was just more supplimental to the gameplay than anything else. The Zelda games are sorta like that too. Doesn't make 'em any less great.

Meira-Bates
05-02-2004, 03:55 AM
#16) Splatterhouse 2
#17) Splatterhouse 3

Those are great.

That makes 3 other people I know of that have at least heard of the game O.o At least all of those 3 liked it as well.

Dr. Doom
05-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Oh, I remember those games. I stayed up until like 3 am one time when I was a little kid watching my step brother play one of them. That was like a huge deal too, it was the latest I'd ever been up at the time.

Taloniss
05-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, I remember those games. I stayed up until like 3 am one time when I was a little kid watching my step brother play one of them. That was like a huge deal too, it was the latest I'd ever been up at the time.

Doom had a bedtime? *snickers and prepares to be curbed*

Dr. Doom
05-02-2004, 11:24 AM
You prepared for it...? Well that sucks all the fun out of the experiance.......oh well, might as well not let a good curbing go to waste....

-=Sighs and half-assedly curbs him=-

Dr. Doom
05-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Just found this bit at Gamespot....

"RUMOR #4: Namco is re-releasing the classic Splatterhouse games on the PlayStation 2.

Source: Amazon UK, mammoth online purveyor of goods.

The official story: See response to rumor #3. ("We can't comment officially."--Namco rep.)

What we heard: Those who led a dissolute youth manhandling joysticks in stuffy arcades will fondly remember Splatterhouse. Players put on the hockey mask of Rick, a clone of Friday the 13th's Jason (and inspiration for Manhunt's masked killers) an undead parapsychology student who has to hew his way through a zombie army. Released in 1988, it was one of the most gory--and popular--titles of its day. Bringing back Splatterhouse would make perfect business sense for Namco, since it would tap into both the current craze for ultra-violent gameplay and arcade re-releases (which Namco Museum already exploited). Furthermore, the game has already proven a success on consoles--its two sequels were released directly for the Sega Genesis.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus."

Meira-Bates
05-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Yep there were actualy plans for a movie too, but like with all things I like the movie ended up as a no go.

ThirdMarioBro
05-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Gaming movies always suck. Maybe Metroid....no, game Movies suck.

raphael_is_cool
05-03-2004, 03:36 AM
Max Payne would make a cool film
Or for a gory zombie sort of film maybe Twin Caliber

Voltron
05-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Shen Mue would make a kick ass film.

Taloniss
05-03-2004, 05:56 AM
RE2 is shaping up to be a good film. And the first Mortal Kombat wasn't bad.

And I agree, Max Payne would make a cool movie. Metal Gear would probably be cool too.

XERO
05-03-2004, 07:54 AM
They should make a Ninja Gaiden movie.

Meira-Bates
05-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Argh! I forgot to add Shenmue in my list somewhere.... And that's kick ass anyway O.o

That Matt Guy
05-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Matt's been a whiney bitch lately. He doesn't give me my space, and he hates my friends. Last week I thought he had changed when he made me a wonderful roast for dinner. Later I found out that the roast was my cat.

Oh yeah but....Huh?

Dr. Doom
05-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Somebody bought the rights to a Soul Calibur movie. It's a really badass story and I have very high hopes for it, but as a movie it has the potential to completely suck.

Krutch
05-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm looking forward to the Silent Hill movie. Lets hope the director doesnt make it suck and turn it into an action horror movie...

Last game I bought was Manhunt for PS2. Good game but really, really hard to get all the bonus stuff.

JameO
05-03-2004, 11:53 AM
By the sounds of it that Spider Man game is going to be awesome!

Peanut
05-04-2004, 07:34 AM
They just put a big feature up on IGN about it. From the sounds of it It's going to be better than I ever imagined. They put up a couple new screens and 4 or 5 videos. Unfortunatley the videos are only viewable if you're an IGN Insider. Like they don't make enough money off of their constant whoring out of their main page.

Ninjinister
05-04-2004, 08:09 AM
"RUMOR #4: Namco is re-releasing the classic Splatterhouse games on the PlayStation 2.

Source: Amazon UK, mammoth online purveyor of goods.

The official story: See response to rumor #3. ("We can't comment officially."--Namco rep.)

What we heard: Those who led a dissolute youth manhandling joysticks in stuffy arcades will fondly remember Splatterhouse. Players put on the hockey mask of Rick, a clone of Friday the 13th's Jason (and inspiration for Manhunt's masked killers) an undead parapsychology student who has to hew his way through a zombie army. Released in 1988, it was one of the most gory--and popular--titles of its day. Bringing back Splatterhouse would make perfect business sense for Namco, since it would tap into both the current craze for ultra-violent gameplay and arcade re-releases (which Namco Museum already exploited). Furthermore, the game has already proven a success on consoles--its two sequels were released directly for the Sega Genesis.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus."

Holy ****! That's pretty sweet! I have Splatterhouse 3 on Genesis, and although I never beat it (can't remember how far I got, even), it was a pretty awesome game!

Taloniss
05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
They just put a big feature up on IGN about it. From the sounds of it It's going to be better than I ever imagined.

Whoo! *goes to read it*

They put up a couple new screens and 4 or 5 videos. Unfortunatley the videos are only viewable if you're an IGN Insider.

:evil: We need to send Doom to curb them.

Like they don't make enough money off of their constant whoring out of their main page.

:lol: It's funny, cuz it's true.

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Who could forget their fabulous McGriddleized homepage. :sweatdro:

impetus
05-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Actually, I don't have a Console past the Dreamcast.

And that's fine, because with the DC's freaking awesome library of games + the awesome homebrew and emulations scene, the DC will be around for years to come.

:o whoa HMS, you're cool by me!!!! :D :D :D

have you by chance played Tux And Barrels or MegaMan BOR?

Dr. Doom
05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Ooo! thanks for the heads up, Taloniss!

-=Curbs IGN=-

Peanut
05-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah IGN sucks. Not to mention for awhile there almost every picture they had focused on a womans breasts. Obviously trying to pull in the "I'm a loser and need to get laid." group.

raphael_is_cool
05-04-2004, 01:17 PM
for awhile there almost every picture they had focused on a womans breasts. Obviously trying to pull in the "I'm a loser and need to get laid." group.

You what? I'm there! :P

05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
I saw a Final Fantasy XII trailer on Fileplanet, and I know that the story will probably suck. The battle system looks the same as it always did, but you never know what the magic/skill system will be like. I'm going to end lives if they pull another "grid" system. I just can't stand that.

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I saw a Final Fantasy XII trailer on Fileplanet, and I know that the story will probably suck. The battle system looks the same as it always did, but you never know what the magic/skill system will be like. I'm going to end lives if they pull another "grid" system. I just can't stand that.
I'm not sure but I think it was already confirmed that FFXII gets finally rid of the annoying random battles. If that's true the game will be a lot different than the previous ones.

05-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Oh really? Well, then. I loved the random battles and hated the random battles at the same time. It was cool to be able to level up anywhere, but when you're not in the mood for fighting and just want to complete your objective, they got annoying.

We'll just have to wait and see...

Barkworm
05-04-2004, 01:58 PM
The new characters look horrible. :|

Peanut
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I know one thing for sure...........I will never buy it! :D

Taloniss
05-04-2004, 03:35 PM
More Spider-Man 2 previews for those interested:

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1583818,00.asp

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/spiderman2/preview_6095262.html

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/511/511018p1.html (the one Mikey talked about)

Not a whole lot of difference between the previews, but each one does touch on one or two things the others don't.

The release date seems to be June 28th, but I expect the game to ship that day and be available in stores on June 30th, the same day the movie opens. So now we can see the movie, then play the game right after :)

Gamespot has also put up the first info on Star Wars: KOTOR II. Article here:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/preview_6095371.html

JameO
05-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Looks good to me. Can't wait for the movie! KOTOR ruled and the second one will be even better hopefully.

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:00 PM
You shut up! You didn't even get off the second planet you fungoid!

JameO
05-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Well I plan to ok! And from what I have played it is awesome. So how about you leave me alone! Ok!

Tigershard
05-04-2004, 09:05 PM
He is better than me! I still haven't escaped the lower levels of the first city (for the lack of playing)!

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah well his is for the lack of brain power!

JameO
05-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Why you got to do this? Tell everyone my faults. You like doing this? I hate you.

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Why don't you go play some more Splinter Cell!?! Oh wait! You're too stupid!

JameO
05-04-2004, 09:17 PM
That may be. I hate you even more now.

Machias Banshee
05-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Why don't you go play some more Splinter Cell!?! Oh wait! You're too stupid!

*grins* My brother beat that...

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:20 PM
That may be. I hate you even more now.

That's for now. You can never hate me.

JameO
05-04-2004, 09:21 PM
That is true. I love you man! Give me some lovin'!

Peanut
05-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Go love your XBox you freak! I know you had the fire department come and get you unstuck from it last night!

05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Xbox is a bad system, all in all. It's just a system full of sports games. Bleh. PS2 isn't that great, either. GameCube? Please.

SNES for life, baby.

Taloniss
05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
IGN has thrown up previews of two more Marvel games coming out this year, in X-men Legends and Punisher. Links below for those interested.

X-men Legends: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/510/510731p1.html

Punisher: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/511/511424p1.html

They've also put up the first details on Devil May Cry 3 as well.

DMC: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/511/511003p1.html

ThirdMarioBro
05-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Xbox is a bad system, all in all. It's just a system full of sports games. Bleh. PS2 isn't that great, either. GameCube? Please.

SNES for life, baby.

Finally, someone who has seen the light.

16-bit for life, SNES forever.

Peanut
05-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Well it's E3 time again! What's everyone looking forward to?

05-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Looking at the E3 list, I didn't see many promising games. Xenosaga Episode II, Star Ocean III, and Resident Evil 4 caught my attention, but that's about it.

Barkworm
05-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Oh god, this E3 is going to rock! I'm looking froward to FFXII, Metal Gear Solid 3, Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal, Jak III, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Zelda Wind Waker 2, Starcraft: Ghost, Paper Mario, the Nintendo Doublescreen, Rsident Evil 4 and what not.

Taloniss
05-10-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm interested in:

Acclaim
100 Bullets (PS2, Xbox)
SHOWDOWN: Legends of Wrestling (PS2, Xbox)

Activision
Spider-Man 2 (Cube, PC, PS2, Xbox)
THUG 2 (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
X-Men Legends (Cube, PS2, Xbox)

Atari
Terminator 3: Redemption (PS2, Xbox)
Transformers (PS2) (WTF, this is already out)

Bandai
Cowboy Bebop (PS2)

Blizzard
StarCraft: Ghost (Cube, PS2, Xbox)
World of Warcraft (PC)

Capcom
Killer 7 (Cube)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Cube, GBA, PS2)
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege (PS2) (WTF, this is out too!)
Resident Evil 4 (Cube)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)

Dreamcatcher
Painkiller (Xbox)

Electronic Arts
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (PC)

Konami
McFarlane's Evil Prophecy (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)

Microsoft
Fable (Xbox)
Halo 2 (Xbox)

Midway
Psi Ops (PS2, Xbox)

Nintendo
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong (GBA)
Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Pac-Man (GBA)
Classic NES Series: Bomberman (GBA)
Mario Tennis (Cube)
Metroid Prime 2 (Cube)
Nintendo DS handheld system
Paper Mario 2 (Cube)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 2 (Cube)

Sega
Altered Beast (PS2)
Astro Boy (PS2) (I hope the GBA one makes an appearence. People who imported both said the PS2 one sucks and the GBA one owns. Of course, being that the GBA one is made by Treasure, who made Gunstar Hero's among other games, it better be good.

Square Enix
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)

THQ
Punisher (PS2, Xbox)
SpongeBob: The Movie (Cube, GBA, PC, PS2, Xbox)
WWE Day of Reckoning (Cube)

Jak and Daxter III and Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal weren't on the list, but I hope they make an appearence anyway. Same with Doom 3.

On a side note, Transformers (PS2) is a good game. I suggest it to anyone who is a TF fan, or likes third person shooters.

EDIT: Spider-man 2 (the game) has a new trailer out. It shows alot of what you can do, confirms 2 villians in the game, and makes me want this game even more.

EDIT Number 2: Found a better link for the trailer. go here http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/feature/19972 to download the all new Spider-Man 2 Game Trailer.

Taloniss
05-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Another new Spider-man 2 trailer, this time courtesy of the official site.

Go to http://www.activision.com/microsite/spider-man/ click on the large building in the middle of the city scape (it will say 'games' when you hold the mouse over it) click on ps2/x-box/gc click on 'downloads' then click on 'videos.' The new movie will play automatically.

Sorry 'bout the double post, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this, it didn't really fit into the E3 thread, and editing my old one didn't bump this up so people will know there's a new trailer.

Peanut
05-11-2004, 10:20 AM
OH MY GOD! I HAVE JUST WET MYSELF! This is now my most anticipated game of the summer. I'm drooling over this!

Dr. Doom
05-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Huzzah! E3, otherwise known as Christmas in May!

Activision
The Movies (Multi)
Spider-Man 2 (Multi)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Multi)
X-Men Legends (Multi)

Bandai
Cowboy Bebop (PS2)

Capcom
Mega Man X: Command Mission (GC, PS2)
Street Fighter Aniversary Collection (PS2, Xbox)
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC, PS2)

EA Games
Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age (Multi)
TimeSplitters Future Perfect (Multi)

Koei
Dynasty Warriors (DS)
Samurai Warriors (PS2)

Konami
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)

LucasArts
Star Wars: Battlefront (PC, Xbox, PS2)

Microsoft
Halo 2 (Xbox)

Nintendo
Donkey Konga (GC)
Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki (GC)
F-Zero GP Legend (GBA)
Mario Party 6 (GC)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
Paper Mario 2 (GC)
Star Fox 2 (GC)

Sammy Studios
Guilty Gear Isuka (PS2)

Sega
Puyo Pop Fever (GC)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2)

SNK
King Of Fighters 2002 & 2003 (PS2, Xbox)
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact (PS2)
SVC Chaos: SNK vs. Capcom (PS2, Xbox)

Square Enix
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

THQ
WWE Day Of Reckoning (GC)
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw (PS2)
WWE Survivor Series (GBA)