PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sevarian
09-18-2002, 01:06 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
ahhhhh, halloween is coming. does anyone know where i can get an april o'niel halloween costume or sewing pattern?

Cherubae
09-18-2002, 05:08 AM
Some of us have dressed up as April O'Neil :D

What I did was run to the local 2nd hand clothing store and buy a yellow jumpsuit and a pair of white boots. Then I found a white belt at another store and the TMNT logo patch at a Hot Topics. That's all you really need!

Now... should I wear my Krang costume to work on Halloween or not.... :evilgrin:

- Cher

DarthRaphael
09-18-2002, 08:18 AM
I was Casey Jones one year.

sevarian
09-18-2002, 09:12 AM
Buying the jumpsuit is a good idea, but my girlfriend likes to make everyhting thats like most of the fun for her... she just wanted to know if anyone had a pattern thans though :-P

Karpo_007
09-18-2002, 10:00 AM
There's no halloween in Finland...

Tinselcat
09-18-2002, 10:12 AM
no halloween? how terrible!!

Deathknight
09-18-2002, 01:38 PM
No free candy Karpo? Man you had a sad childhood every Oct 31st! :)

Karpo_007
09-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Well we have same kind of thing a week before easter. Thats when we go beg for candy...

Sparvid
09-18-2002, 02:55 PM
So there's not like here in Sweden then? Where kids the last couple of years started celebrating "Halloween" (as in "the american holiday where you decorrate with pumpkins" instead of "the swedish holiday where you put candles on your loved ones graves"...)

Some years ago when I was home alone, two kids came to my door and tricked or treated. It was just luck that I had some candy at home, but I was thiiis close to say "Er... Trick?" and close the door....

Karpo_007
09-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Hehe no we dont celebrate that day at all i think...

Cjd3458
09-18-2002, 06:51 PM
The only thing I like about Halloween is going to the haunted houses. :D

Deathknight
09-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Haunted houses are cool but there's none in my area which pisses me off. All I can do is get 10 pounds of candy mwhahaha. And one more thing... my b-day is exactly 2 weeks before Halloween... DON'T FORGET OR FACE MY WRAITH hehe.

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
09-19-2002, 08:19 AM
When I was younger, there used to be decorated haunted houses all over town. But it seems that as I got older, so did the rest of the town. I feel sorry for the kids now; hardly anyone does anything for Halloween anymore, let alone create a haunted house. Most folks don't even leave their lights on so kids can trick-or-treat. :(

Halloween is my favorite holiday next to Christmas, and it's sad that today's kids can't experience what I did when I was younger.

Shredder: "You undid their mutations!"
Krang: "Not quite. It's merely an illusion."
Rocksteady: "Yuck, I look awful!"
Bebop: "Hey, no fair! I was just starting to get used to being a warthog!"

From "Plan 6 from Outer Space"

GreenWillow
09-19-2002, 12:29 PM
~Golly, I dunno....I think Halloween is getting bigger every year-- at least where I am, here in the CA foothills. I was in KMart yesterday and they had SO much cool stuff, but the interesting thing was that the adults costume section was as large, if not larger than the kids!
I love Haloween- for a lot of reasons, but even when I was a kid, I liked it better than Christmas.

~GW

Kingkapong
09-19-2002, 12:35 PM
hmm... i seem to have lost my halloween spirit. i stopped going trick or treating ages ago but i sitll go out watching my little sister trick or treat. i'd feel very guilty if i went trick or treating my age because

a) i'm not greedy for candy/treats (i'm not saying that u people are) and
b) it's a kid's holiday. let the kids get the candy.

GreenWillow
09-19-2002, 12:47 PM
~Yeah-- that does make it harder when the community isn't into it. At my daughter's school there's a big Halloween party, and there are at least three cornfield mazes, a bunch of pumpkin patches, aound here. Plus the local radio station has a huge "Fright Night" -- actually two-- each year. One for kids with the usual face painting, games and haunted house stuff, and then one for adults with bands and food and drinks.

~GW

SeaThreePeeO
09-20-2002, 01:58 AM
There's no halloween in Finland...

We don't really celebrate Halloween in England either. No free candy :( It is just and excuse for the yobs to come out and egg your house, break your windows or do something to your car. Which kinda spoils it for the little kiddies

heintzvelvet
09-20-2002, 02:39 AM
I dress up as Michelangelo For halloween last year. Sewed my whole costume by hand. I was so proud of myself. I sent a picture of it into the Ninja Turtles Art Contest and they put it in! That rocked!

check it out...

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/fanart/iancostume.jpg

Its not the best picture. Plus I'm like 2 and a half feet taller than what a Ninja Turtle would be! :D But yeah, I agree, Halloween is the best holiday (not really a holiday next to Christmas![/img]

09-20-2002, 04:47 AM
Boy, I wish the people in my hometown still had some of the enthusiasm you people have. It just kind of seems that people forget about Halloween every year where I'm from because the number of trick-or-treaters goes down every year.

Trust me on that one. We keep tabs of how many kids come by. We used to get almost a hundred kids to stop by in years' past. This past year, my parents told me there was barely over thirty kids. That is sad. :(

"Learn to trust your instincts; not your eyes." - Splinter, from "The Turtle Terminator"

Cherubae
09-20-2002, 05:22 AM
hahaha that Turtle costume kicks ass. We could dress up and battle each other :) My gwad we're such geeks :goofygri:

Lemme see if I can find a pic of us dressed up w/ Mr. Eastman....

http://www.fogu.com/cc02/image035.jpg

- Cher

09-20-2002, 06:19 AM
I remember being Michaelangelo one Halloween, and the costume and mask came with a pair of toy nunchukus. I would stand in front of my mirror and try and do that nunchuk-thing Mikey does in the first TMNT movie when he and that Foot Soldier are having a nunchukus contest. :tsmile:

Of course, I tried this so much that I eventually wore out my nunchukus. They were made of plastic, and if I swung them too hard, one end of the nunchukus would break off and fly clear across the room. :D

Ah, yes, those were the days . . . :)

"Very funny. Turn the lights out on a guy wearing a blindfold. I'm laughing so hard I could bust a gut." - Michaelangelo, from "Michaelangelo Meets Bugman"

Tinselcat
09-20-2002, 10:00 AM
those tmnt costumes kick a**!! especially the krang one!

azure turtle
09-20-2002, 01:23 PM
hahaha that Turtle costume kicks ass. We could dress up and battle each other :) My gwad we're such geeks :goofygri:
Heh heh... I'm proud to be a TMNT geek!! Hey, I still have my old Michealangelo costume. I saved it after dressing up as him two years in a row many Halloweens ago. I'll battle ya, if I can still fit into the costume, that is... :lol:

Or wait! Maybe NTC Fan, heintzvelvet, and myself can be triplets! :anime:

09-20-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey, I'd be up for taking it to the streets in my Michaelangelo costume and orange plastic nunchukus with you, Azure. Granted, I'd have to figure out how to do Mikey's voice again so that I can do this all proper and everything. And I think I should have a fresh-baked pizza in hand. I can just give a slice away at every house I visit. :)

And if people ask me to do a trick, I'll try that nunchuk-move from the movie. I only hope one of the chucks doesn't break off and hit somebody! :o

"Cowabunga, dudes! I found a surfboard!" - Michaelangelo, from "The Power of Three"

Machias Banshee
09-20-2002, 05:00 PM
It probably sounds scary to you GUYS, but i figured out how to do Mike's voice. I talk to my niece over the phone, and she thinks its really Mike from the cartoons...It has a bit of a feminine touch to it, but its pretty darn close... :goofygri:

azure turtle
09-21-2002, 01:38 AM
LOL!! I like your idea, NTC Fan! I have a pair of plastic 'chucks too, but I'd probably end up hurting myself. :goofygri: I could never do his voice or any of the other turtles' voices. I'm not very good at impressions...

*stares at Machias in awe*
Woah!! Maybe you should record yourself and let us hear your impression. ;)

09-21-2002, 10:36 AM
Yeah, really. Turn it into a WAVE file or something and post it on here. People are always good for a laugh . . . :lol:

Now if anyone knows how to do Krang's voice, then I would be impressed. His voice is kind of tricky. :roll:

"Oh, I hate being wrong." - Shredder, from "The Adventures of Rhino-Man"

Machias Banshee
09-21-2002, 10:48 AM
I dunno, it always sounds different to you than to other people....

I kinda can do his weird gurgle, but it sounds more like a turkey... :goofygri:

lotus460
09-24-2002, 11:29 AM
my stupid question: What date is halloween..?? I kinda forgot...

Kameko
09-24-2002, 11:55 AM
:lol: It's October 31. *sai* I wish I had an old TMNT costume... Maybe next year they'll produce some new ones to go with the new cartoon and movie. I hope. I thought about dressing up this year, but I'm too darn fat to go as my own character... or pretty much any other. :( Oh, well...

azure turtle
09-24-2002, 01:54 PM
I'd love to dress up for Halloween, but I don't have much time because of college nowadays... :(

PWDESAI
09-24-2002, 07:42 PM
cherube u gonna go as vernon?

Skeletoncrew
10-02-2002, 09:59 AM
OOoohhh! I love the costumes!

It looks like I won't be getting my Shredder costume this year. The guy who was supposed to be making it dissappeared off of the face of the earth for a while. I suppose I could always wrangle together an April costume. I've already got the red hair!

HorseTechie
10-02-2002, 10:18 AM
Aww... no lady Shredder this year. :(

I have been tempted to dress up as Cartoon April for a con or something too, especially when my hair was the same length as hers. Unfortuantely.. I don't want to go around in that yellow jumpsuit. Bleh. :lol:

*warning: camera flashes tend to produce these unpleasant images of me!*

http://www.turtlequest.com/images/DSCN1535.jpg

GreenWillow
10-02-2002, 11:03 AM
~If anyone has the time, inclination and a lot of chicken wire and paper machee, there's always this option:

http://www.behindthemasks.com/greenwillow/Costume.jpg

~GW ...<snicker>

azure turtle
10-02-2002, 11:40 AM
LOL!! Heh heh... That's a cool Leo costume. :anime:

Oy HT, I say you should dress up as April! You'll only have to wear the yellow jumpsuit for a day. ;)

HorseTechie
10-02-2002, 02:07 PM
heh.. yeah... except, I really don't know where to find the right kind of jumpsuit at a bargain price. Need to get a hair cut too. Nyarly split ends. :P

Skeletoncrew
10-02-2002, 02:13 PM
Grrr...I hate split ends! Any time I've got a good pair of scissors and are looking for them...they're not there! Then when I'm not looking for them, and I've no way to chop them off...there they are!!!

HorseTechie
10-02-2002, 02:52 PM
:lol: Same goes to forgetting to bring a hair clip or scrunchie to work, when it also happens to be a bad hair day. Evil frizz!

Machias Banshee
10-02-2002, 07:15 PM
I have dirty blonde hair that reaches about my waist...Thick and ready to frizz at a moments notice! Drives me nuts sometimes, but if i cut, I'd look literally like a golden Kooshball...

azure turtle
10-02-2002, 08:19 PM
LOL!!! :lol: Kooshballs! I remember those! I think I still have one buried somewhere in my room...

Kali
10-03-2002, 07:48 AM
*snickers* Eh, could be worse. My hair's nice and long, used to go down to my waist, but I got it trimmed a few inches. And it has NO BODY WHAT SO EVER! I swear it's so flat... but I hate using products aside from shampoo on my hair, not even hairspray.

Tsk tsk, Azure, you're one to talk about other people's bad hair days. :lol:

HorseTechie
10-03-2002, 09:34 AM
heh... Kali can be Cousin It! :tanime:

GreenWillow
10-03-2002, 10:36 AM
~Oh boy! We can complain about our hair here? Mine was the absolute bane of my existance for years. I've come to accept my dead-straight, very fine, flyaway- will- never do *anything* I've ever asked it (even nicely) to do.
But unlike Kali, I have...heh....*done* things to it.
We have kind of a working agreement now. I don't ask too much of it, and it has agreed to bend ever so slightly if encouraged to do so with blow dryer and a bit of stuff. I can't do that too often or it rebels and starts splitting on me.
Ah...that was nice. Wonder if any of the guys are still here.... :evilgrin:

~GW

HorseTechie
10-03-2002, 11:27 AM
*notices the rest of the Turtles reconsider their orders for Rogain* :goofygri:

Lisardo
10-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, I'll jump in now. With the Halloween thing, I love this time of year! Gives me an excuse to paint TMNT faces on my pumpkins, that's soo fun. Sometimes I've carved TMNT faces too, tho it's harder, painted them is more fun. Hey HT, when are we gonna get together and do that again? Heh Maybe we outta have a TMNT Pumpkin contest, kinda like the Fanart contest we have already. Whoever has the best TMNT pumkin wins! Ok silly idea, but just saying it'd be cool!

So yes I do so much love Halloween, but anymore it's just that Im' sooo busy around this month cuz of midterms and crap. Yes Oct. used to be a fun month in Middle and H.S., not in college tho. :( I'd really like to go to a costume party, those are always fun. Also I would love to do some haunted houses. I hate it in hausted houses when ppl dart out and grab me or startle me, accckk! but I still like them.

On to hair.....Mine is also in need of a trim, naughty split ends! LIke anyone else, I have good hair days and bad ones. My hair being straight and so baby fine as it is, it tends to be flat at times. Other times it feels thicker and it looks nicer b/c of it. One cool thing about my hair is b/c it's light brown, it becomes even lighter in the summertime. Ppl tend to notice that. But to stay on topic, sorta, here's a pic of me (in a bad Poison Ivy costume), HT (as a ninja) and Kevin Eastman at last year's San D con. Hope you dont' mind HT!

http://www.cs.iupui.edu/~lweisert/Ninja%20_Kevin_Ivy.jpg

HorseTechie
10-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Carving pumpkins... oh yeeah. We made some pretty cool TMNT ones awhile back. Hrmm.. might *try* to find the time and do that agin. I have a nice apartment up front that I can display them at now.

:o It's the Ninja and Ivey attacking Kevin pic! :P Nah, I don't mind that "ol ninja n Ivy at the con" pic. (geez, I look pathetic-ly short next to Kevin! :goofygri: )

Yeah.. here's the full look on that ninja outfit (for those who have not seen it yet). Might wear it again for halloween if I can't find a suitable Ring Wraith get-up. http://www.turtlequest.com/photos/cali19.jpg

giblet
10-03-2002, 07:14 PM
i was leo from kindergarden up till about 4th grade...then i kinda got into other things...now i wanna be a turtle again!

azure turtle
10-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Tsk tsk, Azure, you're one to talk about other people's bad hair days. :lol:
*blushes crimson*
Err... Okay, so I had a bad encounter with Rogaine once... :embarass:

Machias Banshee
10-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Yeah, we saw the pic...you looked like a chia pet run amuck! *runs away from azure*

azure turtle
10-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Hmph!! I'm not a Chia Pet! :razz:

Lisardo
10-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Carving pumpkins... oh yeeah. We made some pretty cool TMNT ones awhile back. Hrmm.. might *try* to find the time and do that agin.

Yeah that'd be fun. I can paint them and you can carve them, or something like that. I think if I paint them tho I shoudl do it soon since the paint will last the whole month, unlike carving which only lasts for a few days to a week. Then the pumpkin slowly rots away, oozing about....er um, ok.

HorseTechie
10-07-2002, 02:45 PM
*looks at old oozing pumpkin* Hey look.. it's Krang!

azure turtle
10-07-2002, 02:47 PM
*scratches his head in wonder*
I thought Krang was pink...

HorseTechie
10-07-2002, 02:52 PM
...he got sunburn? :roll:

Jephael
10-09-2002, 03:19 PM
I think it would be a fun idea to carve a Krang expression into a Jack O' Lantern! :kgrin: Then you could take some old action figures and make some kinda funny diaroma in thw porch.

Reznorite420
10-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Now... should I wear my Krang costume to work on Halloween or not.... :evilgrin:KRANG COSTUME????? WHERE???? WHERE????? I WANT!!!! I WANT!!!!!

Reznorite420
10-09-2002, 03:34 PM
I love Haloween- for a lot of reasons, but even when I was a kid, I liked it better than Christmas.Ditto...you'd sure be friends with my mom and I :D :D :D

azure turtle
10-09-2002, 04:22 PM
...he got sunburn? :roll:
Hmm... Okay, I'll buy that! :anime:

Nyah! Cher, was it you who wore the Krang costume to the comic con? I've seen pics of someone wearing a Krang costume with Kevin Eastman... Don't remember where, though.

Karpo_007
10-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I think i saw something like that in Ninja Turtles Network.

10-09-2002, 09:21 PM
One of my friends who lives off campus just told me today that he is trying to get a Halloween party lined up at his apartment. I think that would be fun! Maybe I can scrounge around for a Ninja Turtles costume!

I was just in Wal-Mart a few days ago with a guy on my floor, and he bought a black-and-white spotted cow costume, complete with cow udders and everything. He wore it all over the store and would walk up to complete strangers and go, "How do I look?"

Little kids were acting like he was some fairy tale character. Seriously! They were in awe of him. It's like they wanted to get up close, but were too scared to.

I'd be scared, too, if I saw a guy pointing his four udders in my direction . . .

"A most unusual way to get into college."
"Let's just say I worked my way up from the bottom."

Splinter and Donatello, from "Mutagen Monster"

Machias Banshee
10-09-2002, 09:24 PM
heh, neat...like your quote, BTW...I love anything Splinter related...Heh, i wonder if they'd ever made a Splinter costume...? :P :D

10-09-2002, 09:34 PM
heh, neat...like your quote, BTW...I love anything Splinter related...Heh, i wonder if they'd ever made a Splinter costume...? :P :D

I think I left a Splinter quote or two in one of my recent posts tonight. Here are a few more:

"To journey without a point is pointless." - from "Turtles at the Earth's Core"

"Sensei means 'leader' or 'guide'. But you no longer need a guide. Like the lion, you have no superior in the jungle of life." - from "Divide and Conquer"

"It is amazing what one can do when one is forced to!" - "Enter: The Fly"

I don't think they ever made a Splinter costume. They should have, though. I wonder how many kids would love to dress up like Splinter or Shredder or Bebop or Rocksteady?

I can just imagine some five-year old walking down the sidewalk in an alien brain Krang costume. It's just the pink blob bobbing down the street . . .

"You wish to go somewhere, Turtles? I'd be happy to drive you!" - Krang, from "The Big Rip-Off"

Machias Banshee
10-09-2002, 09:44 PM
"Sensei means 'leader' or 'guide'. But you no longer need a guide. Like the lion, you have no superior in the jungle of life." - from "Divide and Conquer"

This is the quiote that had me shocked!!! this was when he told them that he was no longer their sensei!!!
If he's not their sensei anymore...what is he? :cry:

10-09-2002, 09:51 PM
If he's not their sensei anymore...what is he? :cry:

Unfortunately, we'll never know. That's where the original cartoon ended.

I'm pretty sure Splinter will be back with the Turtles in the new cartoon, however. I don't know how they could leave out a character as important as Splinter.

"Be careful what you wish for, my students. You just might get it." - Splinter, from "Shredderville"

azure turtle
10-09-2002, 11:07 PM
I'd be scared, too, if I saw a guy pointing his four udders in my direction . . .
LMAO!!! Dude, I'd be scared out of my mind. :lol:

Karpo_007
10-10-2002, 03:43 AM
Of course Splinter is in the new show. But it is the original splinter this time. If you havent read the comics, then The movie Splinter is the closest to the original.

Lisardo
10-10-2002, 08:22 AM
You guys wanna see a Krang costume? Check out Cherberue's! She wore it to the San D con this year, also check out all her 2002 San D photos. Some other ppl with here are dressed as Splinter, April, Irma, and Casy! http://www.fogu.com/cc02/day2.html

10-10-2002, 08:31 AM
I like the Krang costume. It's unique!

The Irma costume really isn't all that original. There are some girls on campus who wear that kind of stuff all the time. :P

And another thing . . . if the Muppets can get a race car, why can't the Ninja Turtles? That would be awesome! Have the four Turtles on the hood of the car, and the bad guys near the back. And have the "side characters" on the "sides" of the car. A green car that displays total Turtle Power!

It would put the Neutrinos' petty Star Cruiser to shame.

"Who bought this jollopy piece of junk?" - Raphael, from "Shredder & Splintered"

Karpo_007
10-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Well if the still very popular when psx and n63 came out, there probably would have been a racer game...

azure turtle
10-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Ah, so it was Cher who dressed up as Krang! I thought so. I think I've seen some of those pictures, but I don't remember where. Mikey told me he was going as Casey Jones several weeks before the comic con. Nice to see that he got the costume together! :D

Cjd3458
10-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Also whats cool about halloween is the scary movies. Anybody remember Child's play?

10-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Also whats cool about halloween is the scary movies. Anybody remember Child's play?

I remember Child's Play! Actually, the first movie I saw was the second one, and it scared the heck out of me the first time I saw it. It doesn't now, of course, but the thought of a demonic doll running around killing people was terrifying.

I watch those movies now and they make me laugh. Not because they're funny, but because I wonder, "How in the world would anyone find this scary?"

Blood and gore and guts don't scare me. Movies that mess with my mind - like The Others and Signs - scare me. I'm more scared by what I don't see than what I do see.

Raphael: "Excuse me. Can I interject a thought at this point?"
Leonardo: "What, Raphael?"
Raphael: "Get . . . this . . . darn . . . thing . . . OFFA ME!"

From "Farewell, Lotus Blossom"