PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Any thoughts on how the Punisher will do this weekend...I for one am actually looking forward to going to this movie should be good.

Peanut
04-14-2004, 07:59 AM
It looks like a real old skool action movie. Without all the CGI and what not. I'm looking forward to it.

Brodie
04-14-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm looking forward to it, I'm anticipating this more than Spidey2.

Taloniss
04-14-2004, 08:04 AM
I'll be there opening day. It looks really good. Sadly, I think Kill Bill will be number 1, but hopefully Punisher can get a nice number 2 opening.

Peanut
04-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah Kill Bill will be #1. Let's just hope The Punisher does well enough so Marvel's movie track record keeps on the up and up. Really I'm not expecting a lot other than to watch some decent action scenes and I'm sure this movie will deliver. When you don't expect much the movie usually turns out much better.

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 08:11 AM
No doubt should be a good flick...

Mars-Chan
04-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Most definately looks like a movie I want to see....

....AFTER "Van Helsing". :lol:

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Van Helsing should be good as well

Mars-Chan
04-14-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm going to see it opening day.

....*long pause*

but this is getting off-subject! :lol:

Definatley looks like a good Marvel comic movie.

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Should be a good weekend for the box office.

Brodie
04-14-2004, 10:54 AM
It looks classy. Like the tragedy of a loss in the family, and the hero that comes out because of it. ....But it begs the question "Does someone always need to die to make a hero?"

Spider-Man
Hellboy (Becoming a hero after Butterholm died)
Punisher
Spawn
so on
so on...

04-14-2004, 10:58 AM
I'll see Kill Bill Vol. 2 before I go see Punisher. It looks quite promising.

Anarky
04-14-2004, 11:16 AM
movies i'm gonna watch when they come out here:

- the punisher
- Spider-man 2
- Hellboy
- dawn of the dead
- Kill Bill II

and there are some more but i can't remember them right now

Barkworm
04-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm looking forward to the Russian fight, I loved that in the comic book! :D

S.S.D.D.
04-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I am looking forward to it because it basically is vigilante Justice...

Raven
04-14-2004, 02:23 PM
i cant wait for this movie, it looks really good.

Voltron
04-14-2004, 02:47 PM
I just want to see a Yakuza Geisha Crime Queen take a knife to the forehead again.

host_punktmy
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
i wont go so far to say i want to see it more then spidey 2 but it does look like a kick ass old school action flick

ZariusTwo
04-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Looks like "Ain't It Cool" News watched the film...and gave it the review I kind of saw coming.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17360

MW8979
04-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Too bad they'll never make an Iron Man film. He's one of the better Marvel characters.

04-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Looks like "Ain't It Cool" News watched the film...and gave it the review I kind of saw coming.

God...why...they can't make good movies for their life anymore.

ZariusTwo
04-14-2004, 08:00 PM

God...why...they can't make good movies for their life anymore.

So far "The Punisher" is the only blip on Marvel's movie radar, their other efforts have been classics that comic fans aprpeciate, though "Hulk" is thrashed way too much whilst plotless popcorn fodder like "Daredevil" gets a free pass.

Un...freaking..beleivible.

Peanut
04-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I actually had a great disliking for Daredevil as where I thought Hulk was amazing. Especially when the Hulk was actually around. Why is Punisher a "blip" already? I've seen reviews that have praised the movie as a great straight out action movie.

04-14-2004, 11:58 PM
If it's just straight up action with nothing but killing, sign me the HELL up.

Barkworm
04-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Some parts of Daredevil were great, others were so bad, that words cannot describe it (like the fight scene between Matt and Elektra, ugh!).
I'm still looking forward to the Punisher movie, since I have also read some quite positive reviews.

Taloniss
04-15-2004, 07:18 AM
I actually had a great disliking for Daredevil as where I thought Hulk was amazing. Especially when the Hulk was actually around. Why is Punisher a "blip" already? I've seen reviews that have praised the movie as a great straight out action movie.

Exactly, one bad review is nothing.

And, they're working on getting an Iron man movie into prodcution. Tom Cruise has showed interest in the part.

Tigershard
04-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Too bad they'll never make an Iron Man film. He's one of the better Marvel characters.

I thought they were working on an Iron Man film? If you go to http://www.ign.com and then the movies section, they are always talking about it.

This weekend, I am going to see Kill Bill Vol. 2. I wasn't too impressed by the Punisher trailer, so I will wait to hear what other people have to say about it before I go see it.

Taloniss
04-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok, I read the review and the guys main points was that they changed the origin and there's humour. Well, EVERY Marvel comic book movie has changed the origin to some degree. That's nothing new. And, there's humour in the comic that the movie is based on (Welcome back, Frank) so if you didn't like that comic, you probably aren't going to like the movie.

And, reading the comments afterwords (some of which are hilarious), all the other sites that have reviewed the movie have given it postive reviews.

MW8979
04-15-2004, 08:30 AM
And, they're working on getting an Iron man movie into prodcution. Tom Cruise has showed interest in the part.

I guess that's not too bad, not my ideal choice for Iron Man, but whatever. Nonetheless, it's great how there's this big explosion of Marvel movies in the last few years after 2000. It's a good thing Stan Lee held out all these years until CGI arrived and resisted the urge to cash in on his work by making poor special effects movies (such as Captain America) that would rate as cheese then and as complete crap now.

EZweasel
04-15-2004, 12:37 PM

I guess that's not too bad, not my ideal choice for Iron Man, but whatever. Nonetheless, it's great how there's this big explosion of Marvel movies in the last few years after 2000. It's a good thing Stan Lee held out all these years until CGI arrived and resisted the urge to cash in on his work by making poor special effects movies (such as Captain America) that would rate as cheese then and as complete crap now.

cant believe you said that. captain america is one of the greatest comics to film ever made. that and spiderman are my favorites. captain america just being a little beter than x-2.

Mobius One
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Im seein that movie tomorrow, and it looks really good. I'm not sure if its going to be as good as the original, but hey, I'm still gonna see it. The only thing that bothers me is that John Travolta is in it, which I don't like because I wish there weren't any big name people in it, because i think that takes away from the movie a little.

host_punktmy
04-15-2004, 01:54 PM
Iron Man sucks

anyway I'd rather see the movie for myself. If i would have listened to what people said about the mtrix 2 and 3 i would have missed the best movie of all time... you know who you are matrix haters... die

Peanut
04-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I haven't seen Matrix 3 but #2 blew. I've watched it twice compared to the 34298792872 times I've watched the first one.

host_punktmy
04-15-2004, 02:06 PM
I've seen reloaded about 9999999999999999999999999999999 times..... i saaw it twice last night

matrix hater

Barkworm
04-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Matrix 1 is absolutely awesome, Reloaded is pure ********, Revolutions is a lot better than Reloaded but still bad.

host_punktmy
04-15-2004, 02:12 PM
You know what happens to bark worms when they anger neo?

EZweasel
04-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Matrix 1 is absolutely awesome, Reloaded is pure sh**, Revolutions is a lot better than Reloaded but still bad.

its all opinions. i loved all the matrix movies.. #1 and #3 being on par with each other. 2 falls just a tad below, but i love them all. great movies.

host_punktmy
04-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't know you but you're alright... all the other matrix haters..... so anyway i can't wait to see punisher

EZweasel
04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
I don't know you but you're alright... all the other matrix haters..... so anyway i can't wait to see punisher

me and you are one in the same. equals. we both like the matrix and we both have warnings. someone is either trying to balance or unbalnce the equation.

Barkworm
04-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Matrix 1 is absolutely awesome, Reloaded is pure sh**, Revolutions is a lot better than Reloaded but still bad.

its all opinions. i loved all the matrix movies.. #1 and #3 being on par with each other. 2 falls just a tad below, but i love them all. great movies.
This has to be one of the most mature comments you ever made. :wink:

Peanut
04-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I've seen reloaded about 9999999999999999999999999999999 times..... i saaw it twice last night

matrix hater

Actually no I don't hate the Matrix at all. I actually love the Matrix. I just thought 2 was a huge let down from the greatness that is the original. I haven't seen 3 yet though.

04-15-2004, 03:02 PM
If you like Dragonball Z, then you'll love the 3rd (The Neo and Smith fight at the end). The third movie is basically the battle at Zion against the machines, at least that's about 60% of the movie. I liked it....I guess. I did buy it the day it came out.

EZweasel
04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
If you like Dragonball Z, then you'll love the 3rd (The Neo and Smith fight at the end). The third movie is basically the battle at Zion against the machines, at least that's about 60% of the movie. I liked it....I guess. I did buy it the day it came out.

i liked the matrix movies mainly because of all the hidden meanings. some people dont like that though so i understand why someone people would hate these films.

Peanut
04-15-2004, 03:07 PM

Dragonball Z? I guess I won't be watching 3 then. :dead:

S.S.D.D.
04-15-2004, 03:10 PM
The Original Matrix great movie...The other too suck in comparrison...

Barkworm
04-15-2004, 11:47 PM

i liked the matrix movies mainly because of all the hidden meanings. some people dont like that though so i understand why someone people would hate these films.
You know, I love "hidden meanings" but the plot and the dialogues were reidiculous (in my opinion, of course).
I'll never forget the "dialogue" between Neo and the Oracle in Reloaded which was something like:
Oracle: Sit down!
Neo: I'd rather stand.
*waits three seconds then sits down*
Neo: I prefer sitting.
Oracle: I knew.
:dead:

EZweasel
04-16-2004, 12:13 AM
well i liked it.

Brodie
04-16-2004, 06:58 AM
But you hate Leon Kennedy, you would.

Going to see the Punisher, TODAY!

WrestlingTurtlesFan4Life
04-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Did everyone forget that the most important person in the world is in the Punisher? You all know who I'm talking about!............

KEVIN NASH!!!!!!!!

Kevin freakin' Nash is gonna be in this movie!

I know NOTHING about Marvel comics but I've seen their movies anyway.

Spiderman, Daredevil, The Hulk, I don't know anything about their comics but the movies were really good. No complaints about them at all. Though my stupid Father complained about how they had 4 screens in The Hulk. SO WHAT!?

I'm not a huge fan of Ben Affleck either. He's not the reason I saw Daredevil. Though he was good in all the Kevin Smith movies. He was good as DareDevil though.

My Jim Ross impression: By god, Kevin Nash is in The Punisher! As god as my witness, someones gonna be broken in half!!

KEVIN NASH IS IN THE PUNISHER!!!!!!!

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 08:20 AM

Yeah, but I'm gonna see it anyway. Leaving in 20 minutes, WHOO~!

ZariusTwo
04-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Did everyone forget that the most important person in the world is in the Punisher? You all know who I'm talking about!............

KEVIN NASH!!!!!!!!

Kevin freakin' Nash is gonna be in this movie!

I know NOTHING about Marvel comics but I've seen their movies anyway.

Spiderman, Daredevil, The Hulk, I don't know anything about their comics but the movies were really good. No complaints about them at all. Though my stupid Father complained about how they had 4 screens in The Hulk. SO WHAT!?

I'm not a huge fan of Ben Affleck either. He's not the reason I saw Daredevil. Though he was good in all the Kevin Smith movies. He was good as DareDevil though.

My Jim Ross impression: By god, Kevin Nash is in The Punisher! As god as my witness, someones gonna be broken in half!!

Whoop-de-freaking doo, Triple H is in Blade III...and has more screen time...and he's a better actor.

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Spoilers

I just got home from seeing it, and I must say, this movie kicked ass. The action scenes were straight out the bomb (some, literally) and the story was a very good interputation of Garth Ennis' work. The fight scene with the Russion was particuallary well done. They beat the crap out of each other and still came back for more. Some great moments in there as well that seemed right out Ennis, such as Dave dancing while Russian is choking Castle, or Russian baseball batting the grenade back at Frank, and Frank getting up and falling right back down after it's over.

The neighbors were represented well by their actors. Thomas Jane pulled off of the role of Frank beautifully, the man IS Frank in the way Pearlman was Hellboy. He had the mannerisms and the look down. Travolta put on a decent performance, although not his best work, but it was good enough for Government work, as they say.

There were a few humourous moments, but they were either a)dark humour, much like Ennis' work or b) by the neighbors. So, no worries if you were concerned they turned Frank into a clown. He's very serious.

I really loved the last scene. When he has to make that decision, and he realizes that he still has something to give, a purpose, that's when he officially became the Punisher to me and not Frank Castle.

I felt the movie dragged a little in the beginning while trying to set up the story, but once the stage is set the movie really kicks into high gear

The movie is not perfect. But, it's entertaining and it's true to the character, and that's all I ever asked for from comic movies.

host_punktmy
04-16-2004, 02:56 PM
do us all a favor and don't say any spoilers

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Me? Mine are clearly marked, and I didn't even really spoil anything.

Brodie
04-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Spoilers!!! ...Possible....
I saw it at 1:15 today, this movie is one of my favorite movies, and possibly my favorite Marvel movie. This and X2 are damn close.

Thomas Jane's facial expressions are genius. Especially in the Russian fight.

My favorite scene has to be when Frank gets the paper cutter blade and slams it into the guys head.

This movie was just genius. Dave has to be one of my favorite characters.
"He's a very scary man..."

And the scene with Mickey chained up in Frank's apartment was funny, one of the best scenes in comic movie history, because it makes you wonder if Frank is at that point where he just loses it, or if he has any humanity left at all. And Mickey had it best: "You are not a very nice man."

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Spoilers.

And the scene with Mickey chained up in Frank's apartment was funny, one of the best scenes in comic movie history, because it makes you wonder if Frank is at that point where he just loses it, or if he has any humanity left at all. And Mickey had it best: "You are not a very nice man."

That was one of my favourite scenes too.

I liked when Frank stood up for them, it showed he still cared about something other then his revenge. Another point where it showed there was humanity still in him.

Brodie
04-16-2004, 06:49 PM
And dinner....

Dave: I'm thankful my moms out of jail...thats cool...
Blumpo: I'm thankful for (something....)
Frank: ....Thanks for dinner....

Taloniss
04-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Bumpo said he was thankful for leftovers and neighbors...and maybe one other thing, but I can't remember what.

Raven
04-17-2004, 08:44 AM
man i just a few hours away from seeing this movie, i cant wait

Voltron
04-17-2004, 10:06 AM
GONNA GO SEE IT TODAY! ...catching the matinee because I'm a cheap ass. Then going ghost hunting afterwards.

Relay
04-17-2004, 11:31 AM
It looks to me like it is going to suck out loud. From what I've read/heard, it does. Marvel movies are just hit or miss I guess. There are the suckfests Daredevil and Hulk and then good ones like X-Men and Spiderman. I'll just have to wait for Spiderman 2 to see the next good Marvel movie.

Taloniss
04-17-2004, 02:15 PM
It looks to me like it is going to suck out loud. From what I've read/heard, it does

Don't believe everything you read :) And all the forums I visit have been praising the movie.

Brodie
04-17-2004, 06:36 PM
He just said Spider-Man was good..... Spider-Man was horrible.

Raven
04-17-2004, 07:32 PM
i thought spiderman was great.

just saw this movie, and holy **** i have to see it again! this movie kicks ass, the acting was great, man every thing about it was great!

Dane E5R
04-17-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm still really looking forward to it.

Voltron
04-17-2004, 11:59 PM
HO-LY CRAP! IT EASILY MAKES THE TOP 5 MOVIES OF ALL TIME. IT WAS SO GREAT. EVERYONE GOT IT, IN THE WORST F*CKING WAY POSSIBLE!!! THE KNIVES, THE GUNS, EVERYTHING! MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, EVER

Eye of Sarnath
04-18-2004, 12:15 AM
So there was a scene where a bunch of girl scouts got murdered?

Voltron
04-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Oh sweet Allah, yes!

Eye of Sarnath
04-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Sounds as good as the second coming of Christ then.

Voltron
04-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Hallelujah!

ZariusTwo
04-18-2004, 09:11 AM

That's wrong on sooooooooooooooooooo many levels

Barkworm
04-18-2004, 01:55 PM
So there is someone in the world who didn't like the Spider-Man movie...

Brodie
04-18-2004, 02:45 PM
That's because I have respect for good movies and the comic books. Anyone who reads the comics and stuff would get pissed by the fact that spider-man wasn't funny, and Tobey McGuire can't act. Now, that's not to say I didnt like it when it first came out, sure I did. And I'm looking forward to SM2, but still, SM was horrible. Sorry.

Now back to the Punisher, by far one of the best damn comic movies ever. This has been the best effin week for 2 reasons Hellboy and Punisher.

Voltron
04-18-2004, 07:31 PM
That's because I have respect for good movies and the comic books. Anyone who reads the comics and stuff would get pissed by the fact that spider-man wasn't funny, and Tobey McGuire can't act. Now, that's not to say I didnt like it when it first came out, sure I did. And I'm looking forward to SM2, but still, SM was horrible. Sorry.

Now back to the Punisher, by far one of the best damn comic movies ever. This has been the best effin week for 2 reasons Hellboy and Punisher.

I agree totally. It's a fine time to be a nerd.

MW8979
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM

Completely right about that. Spiderman just wasn't a great film. X-men 2 was a much much better done Marvel based production. You got the introduction of Nightcrawler, the return of Magneto and the arrival of the Phoenix all in one film, but yet I'm certain that the 3rd X-men will be even better.

Wes
04-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Well to throw in my two cents, I didn't much like Spider-Man either. In fact, of all of the recent Marvel movies -- Daredevil, Spider-Man, the X-Men films, and Hulk -- I'd have to give the nod to Daredevil. Granted, I didn't really like that film either, but it was over pretty quickly so it wasn't like I was being tortured for 2+ hours. Plus -- while it wasn't good, mind you -- I did enjoy that flirtatious playground battle scene. That's like porn to me. :lol:

Raven
04-19-2004, 03:08 PM
daredevil sucked ass, the hulk was horrible, theres no way in hell those are better than spiderman.

Brodie
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Daredevil was better, in my opinion that SM, because of Bullseye. But X-Men and X2, and Punisher beat both.

Raven
04-19-2004, 03:15 PM
i agree that punisher is better, but ben afleck ruined the dare devil movie for me.

Voltron
04-19-2004, 03:22 PM
At least J Lo wasn't Elektra...

Brodie
04-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Affleck isn't that bad. See him in a good movie, Mallrats, Chasing Amy (His best ever....) etc., hes not that bad.

host_punktmy
04-19-2004, 03:43 PM
All punisher haters must die.... Punisher was great! Better then the first Spiderman.... and that's saying a lot. Great action, great story. It's good all around. I recommend The Punisher to everyone including violent prone young children

Raven
04-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Affleck isn't that bad. See him in a good movie, Mallrats, Chasing Amy (His best ever....) etc., hes not that bad.

ya movies like that, but in dare devil he plainly sucks.

host_punktmy
04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
yes..... quite freakin plainly

Brodie
04-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Bah, buy the Punisher soundtrack, its good people...

Raven
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
i like the new drowing pool song on the sound track.

Taloniss
04-19-2004, 07:53 PM
I like Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken. And that song by Mark Collie, but only because it was in the movie and it reminds me of the scenes he was in. The Drowning Pool one's not bad, I'm shocked they found someone who sounded like like the former lead singer (RIP)